Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,830 members, 7,906,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Can This Be A Scam? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can This Be A Scam? (1082 Views)

Cheap Car Prices On jiji ng: Real Or Just A Scam? / Please Help Detect If This Is A Scam? / Is This A Scam??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be A Scam? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
A so I saw this car on a website(not NL) for a ridiculously cheap price and I decide to call the poster. He told me he is based in Cotonou and that that's where the car is and that I will need to pay for the clearing fee and then pay the balance on delivery of the car to my house.

The clearing fee is just 150k according to him and if you add it to the advertised price of the car, it's still cheaper than what I can ordinarily get here. I mean like N1m cheaper. He has asked that I pay the clearing fee into a certain account and then within 2 to 3 days, the car will arrive and then I'll pay the advertised cost of the car.

Has anyone here had a deal like this and just wanna be sure this it's a scam.

Thanks guys!
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Neva heard of it but you can be sure that scammers abound especially on google trader. If dats where u saw d deal, run brova, run.

If its too good to be true, then it probably is
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by temmydude: 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Just use your tongue to count your teeth. I hope you understand what i mean. For your head to tell you something is not right, then your heart shouldn't tell you everything is okay with that deal just because your heart wants to cash in on that deal. But i am afraid, that deal might just milk you dry and the Cotonou based guy could just be cashing in on you instead. Remember, always use your tongue to count your teeth!
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by geeez: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hmmm. Could be. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this

1 Like

Re: Can This Be A Scam? by Odunnu: 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
N1m cheaper? Thats too obvious.
Drop the idea I beg you!
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
IF IT LOOKS LIKE A SCAM, THEN ITS MOST DEFINITELY A SCAM!
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by femmy2010(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Guard your hard earned cash well ooo. It is certainly a scam.
Wise up.
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by Fhemmmy: 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yes, it is a common scam!
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by UD101(m): 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
dappssee: A so I saw this car on a website(not NL) for a ridiculously cheap price and I decide to call the poster. He told me he is based in Cotonou and that that's where the car is and that I will need to pay for the clearing fee and then pay the balance on delivery of the car to my house.

The clearing fee is just 150k according to him and if you add it to the advertised price of the car, it's still cheaper than what I can ordinarily get here. I mean like N1m cheaper. He has asked that I pay the clearing fee into a certain account and then within 2 to 3 days, the car will arrive and then I'll pay the advertised cost of the car.

Has anyone here had a deal like this and just wanna be sure this it's a scam.

Thanks guys!
N1m cheaper, M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ broda run ooo. Smells scam all tRu
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by chelseabmw(m): 12:06am On Oct 22, 2012
[size=28pt]SCAM[/size]
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by ITbomb(m): 4:53am On Oct 22, 2012
Just when I thought I had finish compiling the mugus another pop up.
It somehow looks like a scam but to be on the safe side , I ve a consultant in Cotonou. Pay in 40k into my account and I will do the verifications for u.

I mean , if u add up to the cost of the car , it is still 1m Naira cheaper. Good deal
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by debotenabe: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2012
if i were u, i'll tell him 2 clear d vehicle n get it down here then i'll pay 4 evrytin. wy wud he nid u 2 pay d clearin fee of 150K wen he can release d car 2 u n u pay on delivery. if he's sincere, let him do all that nids 2 b done n u pay him on delivery. if he can trust u 2 pay on delivery 4 a car worth hundreds of thousands then he shld trust he'll gte d money wen evrytin is done. aside this broda, better 'USAIN BOLT'. awuf dey run belle o.
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by Niiade(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2012
Tell him you would pay him 250k when he brings it.
Re: Can This Be A Scam? by femmy2010(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
No point wasting your kobo to communicate with him/her.
It is a scam,simple as that.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Clean Tokunbo 2004 Toyota Corrola For Sale At A Customer Friendly Price. / Tokunbo 2004 Model Honda Accord (EOD) For Sale 1.6m / C R V Honda 2000model Very Clean 1.1m @ Sunnycool motors 0802 340 8690

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.