Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,390 members, 7,881,409 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God (15233 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "I And The Father Are One" In John 10:30? / Do People Worship God Because They Realy Love Him? / My Boyfriend Is An Atheist. I Love Him But My Family And Friends Hate Him. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by gandkiss: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2012
GO AHEAD AND MARRY THE GUY SO THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by baldman: 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Preshuzpearl. Thanks for sharing this with us. Trust me a lot of people are in your shoes right now and some of the insights shared here will be most helpful to them and those that are likely to find themselves in a similar situation in the future. First I need to warn you about your apparent concern about the guy not being romantic and your insistence that physical attraction is important at this point. As some good men here have told you it has been observed that women can develop sexual attraction for those they truly love and if indeed God is the one authoring your relationship with this brother, you can be rest assured He has designed him to fulfil every of your needs, even those ones which have not yet found expression. Just as you have been designed to fulfil the needs of your God ordained husband. Assuming he is truly your God-sent, you will spend the rest of your life falling in love with the man, it will start from the moment you yield to God in obedience. What you should be concerned with is ascertaining whether indeed He is God's appointed for you. As many people have suggested, first you need to tell God that you are ready to yield to His will in marriage, even if it means getting married to the unromantic brother. Ask him to lead you definitely on the matter, remind Him of how much you depend on Him and how you trust Him to give you the one that is truly capable of helping you fulfil His purpose for your life, just worship God as one who is sold out for Him and let His peace guide you. If he is truly the one and you are willing to obey God on this, the situation will work itself out, you know what the bible says about God making things beautiful in its time. If after an heart felt communication with God you still feel your spirit resisting him and it has nothing to the with your thirst for romance or a particular model of men, then it will be al right for you to tell him with all certainty that God is not leading you to him. At that point, be sure that you have more peace letting him go, than you may possibly have if you say 'lets start and see how it goes, I am not making promises yet'. Let me leave you with what a Female Pastor in my church who got married to her husband who was way behind him socially, the brother having been a born again for most part of his life, said " It is amazing how God can help even a Christian brother to make one feel like a woman" If what you want is romance trust me God can help the brother to fill your life with romance in amazing ways. Trust and obey, there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by jookunlaja(m): 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
Please my dear kindly keep quiet,dont be worried.Just keep cool,take it very easy and dont allow fear or flesh to dominate your heart.Aside praying alone or personally,I advice you take advantage of mature believers in your church,their counsel will also go a long way in helping you to understand God's perfect will for your life.
I also want you to make a resolve to God that you are totally committed to obeying his will and instruction,no matter how it will come out.
For your guy,I think you should tell him to give you time to pray it out.God surely is still leading people to their life partners but you must be a committed christian to enjoy the benefits of divine leading and direction from God.
Call 08036306764 Jane for more details.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by sandilo: 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
I am in such a relationship now and after almost 20years of married life, I can say with all certainty it has been one of the greatest regrets of my life.

The Bible says LOVE never gives up, (1 Cor 13:4-7).

I believe it is wrong to teach a Christian woman that she will GROW into loving her husband. It simply is not true! If you don't love him, don't marry him because it is the love that you have for EACH other that will pull you through.

I've made my mistake but will never keep quite and watch another Christian pass through years of emotional hurt.

May God Himself alone help you to make the right decision.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by seyibrown(f): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
belabela: @ Poster

Let me start by saying to you that God does not choose a wife for any man but he does order the steps of men. He made the woman for the man, but did not force the woman on the man. It was Adam who loved Eve and said "This is the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh" That's what love does to a man. He started running commentary grin

God did not choose Gomer for Hosea rather. He instructed him to choose from the daughter of fornication and He chose Gomer.

The new testament is clear on God's will about marriage. Christians are encouraged to marry ONLY in the Lord. This does not necessarily mean in your church because there are many in the church who are not in the Lord. Even in the Corinthian church there was a young man who was sleeping with his step mother. He too was in the church but not in the Lord. If you take your time to study revelation chapters 1, 2 and 3, you will also find out there were many in the seven churches that were not in the Lord.

What does the bible say about a woman's choice?

"A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord." - I Corinthians 7: 39

A woman is free to marry anyone she wishes but He must be in the Lord. Let no man tell you God said you are his wife and so persuade you to marry him. God works through divine providence. If you will be his wife you will marry him. But you must realize you have your choice. If you are a christian the Spirit of God will bear witness with your spirit that you are doing right.

Btw even if God had spoken to that young man, he is not meant to tell you that. Did God ask him to tell you that? I think some men need to mature. Don't somehow get yourself into bondage because somebody said God said something. I pray Nigerian church will go back to the bible and not myths which seemingly sound right but scripturally baseless.

Wonderful! smiley

kitty kat: I remember ealry this year, a youngman said I was his wife. He said he had fasted and prayed and was ending that morning and told God that anyone that pinGs him forst that morninG is his wife. As fate would have it "rebekah -me" pinged "Iscaac" first. Bros no gree hear anything else o. I told him that his revelation was flawed for reasons I won't disclose here. It obviously meant that his GOd wasn't Omniscience. God speaks but most of us are sufferinG from emotionalism and manipulative tendencies.

A week later bros enGaGed another sister. His God must be Jah Sharp Sharp.
grin grin grin Lots of weak-minded sisters have been 419ed by 'God-said' brothers! grin grin
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by seyibrown(f): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
belabela: @ preshuzpearl,

The basis of a christian marriage is God's word and that is you marry whosoever you wish in the Lord. What else would you want the Lord to add? What was it that God told them? That she was their wife or he was their husband? If the Lord says he/she is in the Lord then God is speaking to them. But to claim God said a particular person is your wife or husband that means God has taking away from such individual their right to choose. Then that's not God. God has children not zombies.

I am familiar with the fraud in the Nigerian church. The idea of seeing visions has led many to dreaming up all sorts and even telling men and women words like "God has rejected you" many now claim they have been betrothed to a particular man/woman by God. All these are heresy

Marriage is not a bed of roses. Every sweet marriage has its challenges. So if a man has a challenge in his marriage and claims he was in it because of what God said to him, then he may actually be on his way out. And may not even understand marriage. God hates divorce. Whether you married him/her when you are an unbeliever or not, God hates divorce. So for Christians divorce is not a choice. And when I say Christians I mean those in the Lord not necessarily pastors or church members.

Well said ... but you can still ask God to choose for you. Nothing stops a child of God from saying 'Daddy, you know me inside and out and even more than I know myself. You know what I love in a partner, the kind of person I love to be with. I would love to honour you in my marriage and want my family to be a cause for praise to you. Please choose for me, Father!

I believe asking God to choose is the best option where there you find there are two or more to choose from (this is usually the case if you are identifying potential partners from a number of brothers and sisters who are in the Lord) or where it is a case of re-marrying (and the first one ended in divorce). This way you are placing that freewill God gave you back in his hands ... and he will order your steps to the person he has chosen for you (because you asked him to choose for you). God will choose for you if you ask him to. Ask him for a sign to know that person and he will give you the sign too. It helps if you are someone who regularly asks God for direction in all matters.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
preshuzpearl:

a friend of mine said this same thing. And the response i gave to him was that God deals with His children based on the relationship He has with them. Any christian can make d choice of whom to marry without considering any other values save the basic,that is, marry a believer. But a true and intimate child of God would only want to make that choice with only Gods plan for him/her in mind. In order words,becos i am totally surrendered to Christ, i have no desire for any thing either to fulfill my passions or otherwise. My life is completely controlled by what God wants.
Some people mentioned the story of Hosea. Thats a typical instance. On a normal day, hosea would neva marry a prostitute, but becos he was sold out to doing Gods will and that alone, he had to do it and bear the consequences.
Dats d whole point. Some christians are called but few r chosen,and i think its best if we would desire to experience that inner circle of Gods grace

Good point! God gives you the guideline and that's all. There are many single men in the Lord you may only marry one of them. So your choice comes in there. It is when you say God said you should marry outside that problem begins. I see that you like the example of Hosea but then you may look into why God told Hosea and how much pain Hosea went through for God to make clear to Israel how wayward they have gone. It was easier for them to castigate Hosea and easier for Hosea to make plain how much they have gone far away from God. Jesus has paid it all sister. No need for anyone to want to become another Hosea to warn the world. The son of God has done the ultimate warning. He has died! no more need for another Hosea. The bible says

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe Hebrews 1: 1-2

Your marriage is to raise a godly generation unto the Lord. I pray you will fulfill this in Jesus name. Shalom

You may also find this free book useful

http://frankviola.org/rethinkingthewill.pdf
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by seyibrown(f): 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2012
atbu1983: . I am referring to marriage proposals. How many women God spoke to first before the man in the bible in terms of marriage proposal?

SELFWORTH: None. I agree. Men sought out their prospective wives . Men are destined to be hunters. This is biblical. Chasing after a man on the excuse of dream, revelation or prayer is ungodly .

While I know of no explicit records of a woman being spoken to before the man in the Bible, I would like to point out the story of Ruth and Boaz. Ruth, being led by her godly mother-in-law, made the first move on Boaz, albeit subtly at first. She made sure he came in contact with her, and then she indicated she wanted to be 'covered' by him (of all the eligible kinsmen). Then Boaz got the message then went on to carry out the procedures required to marry her as prescribed in Jewish law (Ruth being the widow of a near kinsman and the possibility of other eligible kinsmen wanting to take the responsibility)! There is no record of Boaz hearing from God before Ruth in this case, and ruth had followed the leading of a godly mother-in-law. Ruth singled out 'the choice', made herself 'findable' and then 'made the first move'. Jesus came from this lineage.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2012
seyibrown:

Well said ... but you can still ask God to choose for you. Nothing stops a child of God from saying 'Daddy, you know me inside and out and even more than I know myself. You know what I love in a partner, the kind of person I love to be with. I would love to honour you in my marriage and want my family to be a cause for praise to you. Please choose for me, Father!

I believe asking God to choose is the best option where there you find there are two or more to choose from (this is usually the case if you are identifying potential partners from a number of brothers and sisters who are in the Lord) or where it is a case of re-marrying (and the first one ended in divorce). This way you are placing that freewill God gave you back in his hands ... and he will order your steps to the person he has chosen for you (because you asked him to choose for you). God will choose for you if you ask him to. Ask him for a sign to know that person and he will give you the sign too. It helps if you are someone who regularly asks God for direction in all matters.

Nice point! The only problem is that God does not choose that for you. He gives you a guideline but left you to your choice. We are not God's zombies but his children. Do you tell God to choose the car you will buy for you? He allows you to choose that. God's will on marriage is clear as written in scriptures.

1. Marry in the Lord
2. Do not divorce
3. Husband love your wife, wife submit to your husband
4. Husband your body belongs to your wife, wife your body belongs to your husband
5. Husband provide for your household, wife don't be lazy (proverbs 31)
etc

You may find this free book helpful on this matter

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by annamaria: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
Hmmm, interesting topic. I just want to lend my voice because this exact thing happened to me recently. The guy was so crass and crude about it, typical SU style of spiritual blackmail which is still rife today. Of course I told him no, I hadn't heard from God and that was it for me. I know a young woman who got married not so long ago who feels like she's in bondage because of this modus operandi of "God told me you are my wife". Like someone said, it is just laziness and high level of irresponsiblity on the part of people who do it. And it doesn't hurt when the lady in question is pretty.

When God speaks, everyone and everything hears. He will speak to both of you. There will be peace in your heart. If you didn't like the person before, you will begin to like them. A friend of mine who had a two guys interested in her seeking the face of God about the matter knew in her heart that it was the ugly, short one and she gradually became drawn to him despite the fact he was not her regular type of guy. She had peace in her heart and eventually married him and she's happy.

Much has been said here. One thing I know is that in a matter as weighty as salvation, God does not force us to get saved, how much more marriage? Please let's read our bibles and get knowledge and understanding and walk with the Holy Spirit. You cannot go wrong if you do this. You will be at peace. We all want to obey God. But the ingredients that make a marriage work are more than "the God told me" factor. Such "God told me" people expect things to run on autopilot once they are married because they are lazy. When things go wrong they will go to God and say it is the woman that thou gavest unto me. We are still human. Basic attractions ought to exist. Let's not over-spiritualise things.

A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
For a man 2 say dat God spoke 2 him dat u're d right persn 4 him, is old fashion. Nw adays sum pastor preach against it b'cos ladies/men hav been deceivd thru dis method. They ended up discovry dat they've maried d wröng partner. Secondly, 4 him 2 b disturbng u 2 pray and hear frm God is wrong. Evn witout prayng askng God if he's d one, God wil shw u dat he's truly ur partner. My dear, if u kip prayng 2 God abt it wit his pix in ur head, surely u'll dream of him. Seriously, is d truth and dats y i said d'nt border urslf or think abt him and if he's truly d one, no how, God wil reveal him 2 u. B wise and pray wit d love of God in ur hrt. GOD loves d best 4 his childrn and he wil provide a partner who loves u and who u truly love. Tekia.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by annamaria: 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
sandilo:
I am in such a relationship now and after almost 20years of married life, I can say with all certainty it has been one of the greatest regrets of my life.

The Bible says LOVE never gives up, (1 Cor 13:4-7).

I believe it is wrong to teach a Christian woman that she will GROW into loving her husband. It simply is not true! If you don't love him, don't marry him because it is the love that you have for EACH other that will pull you through.

I've made my mistake but will never keep quite and watch another Christian pass through years of emotional hurt.

May God Himself alone help you to make the right decision.

Hmmmm....
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
belabela:

Nice point! The only problem is that God does not choose that for you. He gives you a guideline but left you to your choice. We are not God's zombies but his children. Do you tell God to choose the car you will buy for you? He allows you to choose that. God's will on marriage is clear as written in scriptures.

1. Marry in the Lord
2. Do not divorce
3. Husband love your wife, wife submit to your husband
4. Husband your body belongs to your wife, wife your body belongs to your husband
5. Husband provide for your household, wife don't be lazy (proverbs 31)
etc

you know, it's not such a bad idea to tell God to choose what kind of car to buy. take for instance now, u r single or just got married and u plan to have just 2 kids. definitely, u wouldn't think of a car bus. but then, if u had asked God, he might tell you to not to get a small car cos he has seen the end and knows that you will finally have six kids or that families might turn up to stay, or that u may need to change the use of the vehicle from personal to business,etc .
the point here is, i don't believe there's ANY aspect of our lives God is not interested in.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
preshuzpearl:

you know, it's not such a bad idea to tell God to choose what kind of car to buy. take for instance now, u r single or just got married and u plan to have just 2 kids. definitely, u wouldn't think of a car bus. but then, if u had asked God, he might tell you to not to get a small car cos he has seen the end and knows that you will finally have six kids or that families might turn up to stay, or that u may need to change the use of the vehicle from personal to business,etc .
the point here is, i don't believe there's ANY aspect of our lives God is not interested in.

I see your point. May God increase you in knowledge. I think it will be helpful if you can read the introduction of the book I attached and you may find similar people in your situation. Shalom

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by seyibrown(f): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
preshuzpearl:

Absolutely! smiley
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
belabela:

I see your point. May God increase you in knowledge. I think it will be helpful if you can read the introduction of the book I attached and you may find similar people in your situation. Shalom

okay. thanks
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by annamaria: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
belabela:

Reading the book and find it quite enlightening. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by toby2(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
I had a similar experience, wen God showe me a lady, i was not even tinkin of relationship not even marriage. But i pray alot bout ma wife n kids. But wen i told d gal she even hated me d more. Dat was wen i learnt a lesson dat, God's will wil always com to pass, but the player can change if disobedient, and might even attract punishment.
What if God had told you b4 hand but because of ur insensitivity not discern it?
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by WhyAWhy(m): 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2012
I am waiting for someone that will tell me they actually SAW the person that they will marry let's say in a vision or dream sometime last year and you had never met the person before but then you now saw the person in china this year. That's a much more believable "hearing/seeing".

How come you all get led to someone you've seen before or even know
to+by:
I had a similar experience, wen God showe me a lady, i was not even tinkin of relationship not even marriage. But i pray alot bout ma wife n kids. But wen i told d gal she even hated me d more. Dat was wen i learnt a lesson dat, God's will wil always com to pass, but the player can change if disobedient, and might even attract punishment.
What if God had told you b4 hand but because of ur insensitivity not discern it?
And ma other word's dat are u sure you'r a child of God?
Bros are you a child of God too?
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by chiteny(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
SELFWORTH: This is not biblical . God hates divorce so don't mislead members .

Oga self worth, have you no read the thread where a MOG announced to his church that he is divorcing his wife for spiritual reasons? I don't like divorce and i/the bible do not approve of it, but this is what happens when people hallucinate and sing the lyrics to a sister that God say na me go marry you (and then the sister foolishly accepts without doing her own background checks too)
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
preshuzpearl:

He is. But the bottomline is that, He will also tell YOU if you ask God how far.
It is not someone else that will be telling you "God talk say u must marry me".

Again, I really can't stand that attitude. Because I think God said (or didn't say) something I will now be lazy about things and not woo the babe?! The guy must think you are a robot with no feelings of your own, in that case, he doesn't understand women. He needs to work on some things.
Just think about the israelites back in the day, when god said "I have given this town into your hands go and fight them you will win", the lazy soldier who will go there and stand before an opposing soldier and instead of fighting decides to sheathe his sword (afterall god already gave it to them) will likely get run through.

If I heard that from God concerning a person, I wouldn't tell a soul. I would simply draw closer to her and go through the natural steps. There is nothing "supernatural" about attraction. It is either there, or it is not. You cannot just drop the "God said" bomb on a person and expect them to be madly in love with you on the instant. That is weak and lazy.

Someone said something ignorant about attraction being worldly or something. Look, a guy need not be a "bad guy" to be attractive, he just needs to have certain baseline attributes and attitudes that affirm that he is a man.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by toby2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
baldman: Preshuzpearl. Thanks for sharing this with us. Trust me a lot of people are in your shoes right now and some of the insights shared here will be most helpful to them and those that are likely to find themselves in a similar situation in the future. First I need to warn you about your apparent concern about the guy not being romantic and your insistence that physical attraction is important at this point. As some good men here have told you it has been observed that women can develop sexual attraction for those they truly love and if indeed God is the one authoring your relationship with this brother, you can be rest assured He has designed him to fulfil every of your needs, even those ones which have not yet found expression. Just as you have been designed to fulfil the needs of your God ordained husband. Assuming he is truly your God-sent, you will spend the rest of your life falling in love with the man, it will start from the moment you yield to God in obedience. What you should be concerned with is ascertaining whether indeed He is God's appointed for you. As many people have suggested, first you need to tell God that you are ready to yield to His will in marriage, even if it means getting married to the unromantic brother. Ask him to lead you definitely on the matter, remind Him of how much you depend on Him and how you trust Him to give you the one that is truly capable of helping you fulfil His purpose for your life, just worship God as one who is sold out for Him and let His peace guide you. If he is truly the one and you are willing to obey God on this, the situation will work itself out, you know what the bible says about God making things beautiful in its time. If after an heart felt communication with God you still feel your spirit resisting him and it has nothing to the with your thirst for romance or a particular model of men, then it will be al right for you to tell him with all certainty that God is not leading you to him. At that point, be sure that you have more peace letting him go, than you may possibly have if you say 'lets start and see how it goes, I am not making promises yet'. Let me leave you with what a Female Pastor in my church who got married to her husband who was way behind him socially, the brother having been a born again for most part of his life, said " It is amazing how God can help even a Christian brother to make one feel like a woman" If what you want is romance trust me God can help the brother to fill your life with romance in amazing ways. Trust and obey, there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.
i love this, just keep ur taste out of this. And i tink the reason dis has lingered this long is because there's something extra bout it. Also i think the brother's action's simply because he's not matured enough in some areas. In ma church u can't just walk up to d sister, you'll have to go see d pastor first. And i think that's where he got it wrong. And besides you'll have saved ursef loads of trouble by telling your pastor immediately. One mistake i learn from older folks is that they wait till marriageable age b4 seeking God's face. I'm far from marriage tins but i already put everything in check cos i started praying at the age of 19 even as a guy. So am not likely to be confused by the time am ready. Peace to u dear
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by toby2(m): 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2012
And to add, dat doesn't mean been gullible o, in short u should be extra careful n sensitive. Besides i tink we should know his testimony cos, i'm very farmiliar wit d regular ones
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by kpolli(m): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2012
preshuzpearl: I don't love him, at least not now. But he claims God spoke to him specifically about me and his testimony is quite convincing. pls should i go ahead with it or just leave it alone, i dont really feel anythin for him.wats ur advice. Matured christian views highly apreciated

God doesn't speak to u nii?
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 23, 2012
seyibrown:

While I know of no explicit records of a woman being spoken to before the man in the Bible, I would like to point out the story of Ruth and Boaz. Ruth, being led by her godly mother-in-law, made the first move on Boaz, albeit subtly at first. She made sure he came in contact with her, and then she indicated she wanted to be 'covered' by him (of all the eligible kinsmen). Then Boaz got the message then went on to carry out the procedures required to marry her as prescribed in Jewish law (Ruth being the widow of a near kinsman and the possibility of other eligible kinsmen wanting to take the responsibility)! There is no record of Boaz hearing from God before Ruth in this case, and ruth had followed the leading of a godly mother-in-law. Ruth singled out 'the choice', made herself 'findable' and then 'made the first move'. Jesus came from this lineage.
. God didnt speak to Ruth. Neither did ruth did d chasing of Boaz. Ruth love d God of her mother in law and decided to follow her gto her land and continue her life in her country/tribe. All she did was make Boaz notice her. However with d mother in law advice, she tried seducing him. All dis she did mostly for survival knowing fully well boaz was rich. God didnt speak to ruth in anyway about Boaz.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Godmouth(m): 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
@ Poster You need to open up on why you believe his testimony is so convincing. Then I can comment more on this matter. Having said that though, if truely God has said this man is your husband: He will communicate it to you very clearly. You are also going to be in love with the man. What I am saying in essence is that you go and seek God regarding the matter. If you do so, two things will happen simultaneously if this particular man is for you:

1. God will confirm to you that He is your husband. You need your own testimony and confirmation. You shouldn't just rely on the guys testimony.

2. At the same time, you will begin to develop feelings for the guy. This will happen naturally without forcing or helping it. These two things must happen before you know this man is for you. If they do not happen, then you know what to do.

God bless.
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by simdam500(m): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
Oops. Speakin of how God can talk 2u, m not a prophet neither m i an evangelist but i knw it possible to change ur destiny to ur choice, a word in d scripture says "IF U DWELL IN ME AND MY WORD DWELL IN U, U WILL ASK ANYTHIN IN MY NAME AND I WILL DO UNTO U". So, it time to decide wat u want. If u dont luv him tell God in prayer u dont want him am sure he wil do wat u ask of him. QED
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by esere826: 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
.... the story was too close to home so i deleted it
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by WhyAWhy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2012
to+by:
i love this, just keep ur taste out of this. And i tink the reason dis has lingered this long is because there's something extra bout it. Also i think the brother's action's simply because he's not matured enough in some areas. In ma church u can't just walk up to d sister, you'll have to go see d pastor first. And i think that's where he got it wrong. And besides you'll have saved ursef loads of trouble by telling your pastor immediately. One mistake i learn from older folks is that they wait till marriageable age b4 seeking God's face. I'm far from marriage tins but i already put everything in check cos i started praying at the age of 19 even as a guy. So am not likely to be confused by the time am ready. Peace to u dear

Seriously go tell Pastor first ??!!! Jokes who started all this thrash !!

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
breathing:

So? I said the girl should ask God about it. That i believe is the mature christian response. Do you have a different opinion then say it, instead of finding faults that are not in what i said.

You are being overly aggressive over a simple matter. Easy.

breathing:
Second, i mentioned Joseph cuz while other humans might have wanted him to leave the marriage, God asked him to stay. You just confirmed that yourself. So like i said, God's opinion is most times the direct opposite of human opinion.

Joseph's case does not fit in here... Joseph was ALREADY betrothed to Mary when she got pregnant... our sister here is not even sure she likes the brother. It is easier to forgive a woman that you already loved enough to ask her to be your wife.

breathing:
You mentioned Hosea, and said his case is different cuz he was a prophet. In those days, the prophets were the only ones who shared the word of God, today every born again christian is called by God to share the word. So how is a born again christian so different from a prophet.

My sister... Eph 4:11 makes it very clear that not all of us who are called according to His purpose are called to the office of a prophet like Brother Hosea. Lets not confuse matters.

breathing:
And about the 'go and get married, your wife would be unfaithful' thing, what point exactly are you trying to make from there. Hosea 3:1 'the lord said to me 'go again and show your love for a woman who is committing adultery with a lover. You must love her just as still love the people of israel, even though they turn to other gods...'

Read my post again... you must have me confused for someone else.

breathing:
The fact that i decided not to lenghten the post by quoting the bible, doesn't mean you can't find all what i said in the bible.
Hosea's case is even a perfect example here cuz God was trying to show that you can/should be able to love anyone, no matter what cuz that's how God loves us and that's the true meaning of love.

No, read the bible. God's purpose there was not about us and who we should love in marriage but was a parable to the Jews and how much God loved them despite their sinful nature. God didnt say we should then use Hosea as the excuse to then go ahead and marry prostitutes - can 2 work together except they be agreed?

breathing:
[b]It is the wordly view to think that obeying God must always align with your own personal will [/b]but the bible says that the human passions is constantly at war with God's will. The only way both wills will ever tally is when a christian has succeeded in putting to death all worldly passions within her.

Nobody said this... you are simply projecting here. What i was plain about was this - if truly a person is God's will, He will put the love for that person in your heart. God is not the author of confusion... He will not make you marry someone you dont like and are just managing just so you can love the person 10 yrs down the line after 9 yrs of silent pain. I brought the example of Isaac... he loved Rebeccah upon seeing her... he didnt wait to manage to see if he would love her after marriage.

breathing:
And about Isaac, Abraham when he was dying called his 'oldest servant' and asked him to go marry a wife for his son. It was the servant who picked Rebecca, yet Isaac loved her very much, cuz that is what God requires.

No. God is not a bully who just forces you to do what would cause you hurt. This idea of "christianity" is a problem in some nigerian christian circles today. God did not REQUIRE that Isaac love His wife by force... God knew from the begining that Isaac would love Rebeccah and she would love him in return and He orchestrated the event to bring them together.

breathing:
God expected Jacob to love Leah very much too, because she was his wife, no matter how she came about. God favoured Leah and punished Rachael just cuz Jacob didn't love Leah.

this your own brand of "christianity" na wa. God punished Rachel because Jacob didnt love Leah? Why? What did Rachel do? How was it her fault? I would not like to worship this your "God" who arbitrarily punishes an innocent person for the feelings of someone else.

breathing:
You say Solomon loved all his wives, and do you know how many wives the guy had, if you define love according to worldly definitions, then how can a guy manage to fall in love three hundred times.

Solomon strayed after the first few wives so dont count down to wife number 1000 in this case.

breathing:
Like i said, from a christian perspective, what matters is loving the person you marry not the other way round.

From the christian perspective that i know... we may be reading different bibles... God is the greatest designer and when He brings you your spouse, He also gives you the capacity to love them. He doesnt force you into a marriage that will cause you pain only to require love later.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by toygod2: 12:43am On Oct 24, 2012
Do u av a choice? or wanna regret ur action
Re: I Dont Love Him. But He Said He Heard From God by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
Great contributions here @everyone
Thanks so much.

My prayer is that we all find true peace, and happiness in all f our endeavours and be guided aright in evry step of our ways.
God bless u real good!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / 5 Godly Ways To Enjoy Yourself As A Christian / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.