Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,653 members, 7,948,479 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre (16139 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Buhari Seeks Approval To Pay N413b Subsidy Claims / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by danjkad: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2012
That's a welcome idea. Nigerians will b so so happy. Jst pray it work.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by gbadexy(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2012
The man said he ijaws are mafian, no biggie but hope the fuel wasn't exported free through bunkery.
One a serious note, this is a welcomed development, those marketers are thieves and the ministers of finance and petroleum think because of some havard degree, nigerians are gullible.
Prof tam west said there was no subsidy at all to even begin with and challenged them to a debate and it was obvious from the subsidy scam and now this.

1 Like

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2012
HNosegbe: I'm so sure that this firm will NEVER get a licence. Not gonna happen.
Guys like u suffer from incurable negative mental attitude. Go and refresh your perception and myopic thinking.

1 Like

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by KENESAGA(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2012
I THINK THEY'LL GET D LISENCE. DEZIANI ANE GEJ ARE FROM HIS STATE, AND THEY HAVE D POWER 2 MAKE IT HAPPEN. LETS PRAY AND B POSITIVE, NAIJA GO BETTES. LETS STOP BEING PESMISTIC AND COURSING OUR NATION PLS, THERE'S POWER IN SPOKEN WORDS.

2 Likes

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Okijajuju1(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2012
geeez:

Can't you post without mentioning Yoruba? Always craving for the bold and intelligen Yorubas to take the lead

Just so you know the people I am talking about..

And there was nothing derogatory about my post.. They are afterall Yoruba men, and Otimpkus (ATTENTION SEEKERS/NOISEMAKERS)..

STop getting overly sensitive jor!! angry
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by omiobo: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2012
Orishirishi obe gbegiri ati adalu makes a delicious meal.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2012
Let's see how the drama unfolds. If it sees the light then it will be great news.

You know there are "people" out there that will do anything to stop this fellow. Now I'm not calling anyone's name. undecided
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by remzytimer: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2012
This is a nice development in our petroleum sector, 75 naira is good start by the time more competitors comes in' the price will fall, that was how it started with MTN In our telecommunication sector compared to now that there are a lot of competitors is that sector... My prayers is that our law makers would not sabotage this development for their own self interest or be influenced by the big boys (cabals).
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by onyewec3: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2012
Hope you will import good fuel for us? because if its that possible why is fuel sold @ N165 in ghana...y dem no import or refine and sell cheaper?just asking
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by somadino: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2012
When I told you to let them deregulate the thing you said "NO, let us dance in Ojota". Is it better the way it is now?
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by ibsureboy: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2012
Patdedon: It would be great if it is 4 real. But I doubt our enemies of progress politrick-cians will allow it to happen.
You wait and see.the fact that he is an Ijaw man from the president geo political zone will see him through. The president would love to give a good name and equally give the PDP a sure,sound landing in the 2015 election. He would simply give authorization to the company's request.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by dirifred(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2012
feelamong: So what did he say is delaying the approval?

where are the so called NLC and TUC when you need them most?

Time to Occupy NNPC,DPR and Ministry of Petroleum Resources
Please don't make me believe you are among the plenty Nigerians who don't know that NLC and TUC are just tools in the hands of influential politicians. if u think they are concerned about u or the masses, you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by igahdavid(m): 9:15am On Oct 23, 2012
Is it possible? A liter of fuel is about $1.88 in South Korea. Thats about N300
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by onyewec3: 9:18am On Oct 23, 2012
"Epic Refinery andPetrochemicals Company Limited, has said it intends to import refined fuel and sell at N75 per litre."

Refiney,why aren't u refining? Must u import? these thieves.....scumbags
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by holusormi(m): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2012
hmnnn i know where this is headed, this man is a shrewd business man and i love him for that (may God bless his hustle), if this license is granted, one of two things will happen
a) all (and i mean all) competition will be successfully relegated into the background and will have their hustles truncated, after this he could wake up one morning and decide to hike the price of fuel to 250 naira per litre, afterall there's no more competition..(God bless him)
b) secondly, if the license is granted, all competition will be forced to reduce their outrageous prices drastically and even more oil investors will arise with good and reasonable prices

so u can all see that whichever way this turns out, the ijaw man will only get richer (God bless his hustle) and Nigeria's economy will surely be better (at least for some months, before the cabals spoil everything and truncate his hustle. - they do that to every investor with good intentions)...May God bless our collective hustles..
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Gorillaunit: 9:22am On Oct 23, 2012
This is a very welcomed idea, but i truly doubt the sincerity in it.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by acidtalk: 9:23am On Oct 23, 2012
First most of you are not even seeing the obvious that this man is FRONTING for one Oga Patapata in Power.

Let him show us his company profile/history and let us know How long he has been in the Oil and Gas Business.

This is the scenerio playing out.

Oga Patapata has gotten to know those oil cabals have been lying to him.

He is also aware they are stealing huge some from the coffers of the government.

He can't do away with them because they sponsored his election and are holding grip of his government.

He wants to have facts to prove to them why they cannot longer continue stealing in the name of subsidy.

He brings a man (his brother) to disguis and push them out gradually.

QuEstions to ask;

Where is he going to get money to fund the importation of fuel at N75 per litre for 160million Nigerians? Since he isn't collecting from the government. Okay bank I guess. Will bank or group of banks loan someone WITHOUT such an experience on a very RISKY project billions of dollars?

Who will approve the loan for $30b to build the refinery?

Well......the obvious is out.

Oga wants to free himself from the cabals faster than possible.

He knows Nigerians will embrace this businessman and his projections that's why he threw it to the open.

Because I know proposal submission are something of secrecy until when approved.

u

2 Likes

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by tomakint: 9:24am On Oct 23, 2012
N75? This type of topic (expensive joke) would have generated more steam if posted on an April Fool's Day. No one will take it seriously on the screens of online news and pages of newspapers except truly implemented in the real sense at gas stations across the Nation!
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by tiwola: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2012
I like these guys. They've done the math, checked the feasibility and applied for a license. They know their application will be refused so they take it to the people. Putting the lie on Jona, Dizzy Annie and Ewe Lala. Oya govt. Over to you.

Sitting back with my popcorn. Let's see where this goes.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by NaijaNaWaa: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2012
Mandelaguy: No one can deny him license, he has gone public, I just pray he delivers.

Watch out. This maybe the last you'll of it. In case you don't know, he's putting san san for Otedola's garri.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by phemieojelabi: 9:29am On Oct 23, 2012
Y seeking licence 1st in Nigeria when we all knows that our fuel re been taking across d boarder for re-sale.A "piece of advice" start first with the neighbouring countries,possibly stay in Cotonou,N-Republic and let see if ur company will nt BENCH Otedola's,Dantata n lyks of others across NAIJA BOARDER ,I personaly don't support smugglin but pple @ dat TOP especially d NNPC CREW re always having dia own AGENDA.Pls dont fool Nigerians cos minister of fin,CBN Gov,NNPC MD had already said anything below 110,130 will crash this economy.What baffle most is d "CABAL" thing where-by they set up pple who signs d document as COMMITTEE to investigate SABOTEURS who earlier brought d document for acknowledgment.Am not doughtin ur 75 naira even below,Our Govt is full of "POLI-TRICKS"
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by fm7070: 9:39am On Oct 23, 2012
Will he be allowed by the cabals or by government?
If GEJ is truly transparent, let him give this man a chance.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Omen100(m): 9:44am On Oct 23, 2012
billante: Unbelieveable! If this firm is for real then this is the one thousandth reason why subsidy should go...who says we can't buy fuel at N65 naira without subsidy!

But am still not fully convinced of this firm's claim! They could just have sinster motives.

there was never any subsidy's, with thanks.
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by feelamong(m): 9:47am On Oct 23, 2012
igahdavid: Is it possible? A liter of fuel is about $1.88 in South Korea. Thats about N300

yes..were you told that about 70% of that amount is tax on it?

2 Likes

Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Afolabs101: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2012
Please do not believe this guy, he is obviously an attention seeker looking for his 15 mins of fame.

The price of petrol is dependent on the price of crude oil, crude oil is over $100 per barrel and Premium Motor Spirit is selling at over $900 per metric tonne. The landed cost of PMS is N130 per litre. So how is he landing his PMS at N75, almost half the price Are South Korean refineries going to sell PMS to this guy below the international market price At almost half the cost of international market price

If I told you I was selling brand new iPhone 5 for N50,000, would you all hail me and say "good job" or would you tell me to get out of here and stop chatting rubbish?

How much is petrol in Ghana? Is it N75 per litre or anything close? How much is it in Benin Republic??
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by jude33084(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2012
yuzedo:

You are blessed beyond words!
Both points of yours summarize the story. You spoke my mind to the dot!

So you guys are one of those Ŧħåϯ believe Ŧħåϯ your future is in τhe hands of τhe cabal; you move when they told you to

Wakeup bro aŋԂ fight them angry don't allow them to dictate your future anymore wink
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 23, 2012
They wont approve it. When OTEDOLLAR AND THE CABALS ARE STILL EXISTING
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by xcuggsm(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2012
I AM DISAPPOINTED BY THE LEVEL OF PESSIMISM BEING DISPLAYED BY NAIRALANDERS ON THIS ISSUE!
IF;
1) NNPC CANNOT AFFORD TO BUILD A NEW REFINERY OR ADEQUATELY UPDATE THE EXISTING ONES
2) THE COUNTRY CANNOT RECOGNISE AND ENCOURAGE THE PEOPLE'S INGENUITY IN SETTING UP LOCAL CREEK REFINERIES, BY SENDING THE JTF TO DESTROY THEM
AND
3) THE SO CALLED SUBSIDY CABAL ARE HOLDING THE NNPC TO RANSOME

THEN WHAT IS WRONG IN GIVING THIS MR WENKE GUY THE LICENCE TO IMPORT PETROLEUM PRODUCT AND BUILD THE US$30 BILLION REFINERY?

LET'S NOT GO INTO THE PRICE ISSUE FOR NOW BUT CONCENTRATE ON POSITIVE CONTRIBUTIONS THIS WILL YEILD TO THE NIGERIAN ECONONY;
- INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
- BOOST IN LOCAL CRUDE OIL UTILIZATION (AS OPPOSED TO EXPORTATION)
- FRESH CAPITAL INJECTION (AS OPPOSED TO POLITICIANS/GOVT OFFICIALS CARTING AWAY STOLEN RESOURCES TO INVEST IN OTHER COUNTRIES)
- JOB CREATION
- RURAL DEVELOPEMENT
- ETC, ETC

ANYBOBY THAT WILL INJECT MONEY VIA INVESTMENT INTO THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY WILL ALWAYS GET MY 100% VOTE!!
LET'S LEAVE POLITICS OUT OF THIS!!
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by geezyk(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2012
igahdavid: Is it possible? A liter of fuel is about $1.88 in South Korea. Thats about N300
This na Naija,and moreover we have enough fuel to make our petroleum products cheaper.. We no be dem chinkos oo..
Re: Firm Seeks Approval To Import And Sell Fuel At N75/ Litre by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2012
Scam, Scam, Scam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#WhySubsidyRemoval Trends On Twitter / There’s Need To Adequately Fund NASS — Saraki, Dogara, Tambuwal / Buratai Appoints New Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.