Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,073 members, 7,970,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:10 AM

Advise From Nairalanders - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise From Nairalanders (2297 Views)

Thread For Pictures From Nairalanders Christmases / Advise From The President: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 10:52am On Oct 23, 2012
I had approached a friend who introduced me to a travel agent whom said he could get me Germany schengen visa for 500k,so in late september we agreed that no advance payment until the visa is out and confirmed and he collected my Intl passport but he suddenly called me last week that his contacts are asking that I open a joint account with them to ease payment when the visa is out,but I refused,plz Nairalanders ur advice is needed here.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Vicjustice: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2012
joechima: I had approached a friend who introduced me to a travel agent whom said he could get me Germany schengen visa for 500k,so in late september we agreed that no advance payment until the visa is out and confirmed and he collected my Intl passport but he suddenly called me last week that his contacts are asking that I open a joint account with them to ease payment when the visa is out,but I refused,plz Nairalanders ur advice is needed here.
You did yourself a big favour by coming here to seek advice.
Now, there is no agent who can get you a genuine visa for any normal country, that is not possible especially with the modern visa application process: therefore, that "agent" is a dupester.
I'll further warn you to withdraw your passport from him before he foolishly does something that would get you banned from Europe
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 11:41am On Oct 23, 2012
Yea that was my fear,but I don't knw anything about applying for schengen visa and been a first time traveller,what are the chances of getting the visa if I apply personally and which schengen country is easier?
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by koolmd: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2012
joechima: Yea that was my fear,but I don't knw anything about applying for schengen visa and been a first time traveller,what are the chances of getting the visa if I apply personally and which schengen country is easier?

I just keep wondering why people always fall prey to all these guys out there.... Poster please check for this on the internet now. The process is right there on the internet and its self explanatory..go to http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/How__to__apply__MainPage.html

Am sure you'll find answers to your questions there. Wish you luck!!
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
Tanx guys,but I don't think he can apply without my appearance so I ll call him that I am no longer interested,the site u gave me did not list out the documents needed
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by koolmd: 12:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
joechima: Tanx guys,but I don't think he can apply without my appearance so I ll call him that I am no longer interested,the site u gave me did not list out the documents needed

The document list is stated in the visa requirement checklist on the left hand side of the page......Look well!!!

http://www.abuja.diplo.de/Vertretung/abuja/en/04/Visa__requirements/Short__Term/Short__Term__Visa__Seite.html
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Tanx guys,most of the documents I have except for the previous schengen visa and do u have an idea how much I should have in my account to apply for tourist visa
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by fittty(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Guys Its difficult for a novice to get the required documents when obtaining a visa. You should all understand that this is nigeria and you should all know how difficult it is when applying for a visa most especially by a novice. I'm strongly against just posting a link to an embassy website. This poor dude opened a thread to get information. There are lots of things he needs to take note of when applying and I believe he should be aware of such. Posting a link isn't enough. @OP please don't give your money to this agent. Visit this website often and go through different threads related to what you have to do and learn much more before you start with your application. Going through the embassy website alone will not help much. Anytime you feel you need more information feel free to open a thread and ask of post on an existing thread.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by topsyking: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
I think u guys don't notice something..is vicjustice now a female..cos f icon is refer to as female..or he is no longer a male..just wondering
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
topsyking: I think u guys don't notice something..is vicjustice now a female..cos f icon is refer to as female..or he is no longer a male..just wondering
I have seen it, I don't even like him. Because I first time to meet each here was trash. So I don't give a damn
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by topsyking: 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Talk2naija: I have seen it, I don't even like him. Because I first time to meet each here was trash. So I don't give a damn
Me neither..but of them having just attached to their name
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
topsyking:
Me neither..but of them having just attached to their name
yess
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
@Joechima

Like a poster has already said, no agent will get you a visa, the best he can do is to get you a specimen that looks like a visa stamp on your passport. the bottom line is that you will be duped.

From your post, i understood that you don't have any reason for going to Germany, you are also looking for the easiest schengen visa to get, which in itself alone will not get you a visa if the embassy examine your application. and I also sensed that you are not a genuine visitor, maybe you are trying to immigrate intentionally. I am not trying to judge your intention for going to Germany, but if you do not package well, then its a denial.

Getting a visa is generally difficult for an average Nigerian, 5ook might be a huge amount of money, but the visa officers would see it in a different way. I guess your returned ticket flight and living expenses would be deducted from that funds, which makes it too small to get a visa in my own opinion.

If you can say more about your status, then I might advice you on how to lodge an application and hope it would be successful

but believe me, If you ignore the advice you have gotten from this thread, I can tell you that your 500k will be gone.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
@dehonest ,Well I ve not given a penny to the agent,but I never accepted to pay a penny until I confirmed the visa at the airport but on getting quality advice here I decided to apply myself,I had graduated from one of our universities and about going for Nysc but honestly I feel I can hopefully get a schengen visit visa then I can go and see how it goes.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2012
@dehonestboss ,Well I ve not given a penny to the agent,but I never accepted to pay a penny until I confirmed the visa at the airport but on getting quality advice here I decided to apply myself,I had graduated from one of our universities and about going for Nysc but honestly I feel I can hopefully get a schengen visit visa then I can go and see how it goes.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2012
Nawa, the guy wan do wetin me no fit do myself, please how can you convince the consular that you are coming back here to nigeria after ur stay, what strong tie do you have here, that you aree coming back for after ur stay, how can you afford your stay fiancailly, all this things if you can get it done then you got a chance to get a schegen visa
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
Plz guys help me with documentation for schengen tourist visa?plz I need guys with experience,tanx
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by koolmd: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
joechima: Plz guys help me with documentation for schengen tourist visa?plz I need guys with experience,tanx
see detailed list of docs you need to submitt with your application.

1 colour ID photograph, size, 3,5x4,5, taken recently, against a plain white background

Passport with a validity of at least 3-6 months from the date of departure + two empty pages

Two copies of passport data pages and those mentioning an extension of validity

Copies of valid US, UK, Canada, Japan and any schengen visa

Applicant’s proof of employment: Letter from the employer, with address and telephone number, stating the position held as well as the starting date and the monthly salary. This certificate has to confirm the dates of approved leave from place of work, the return back to work and whether salary is paid or not during the period.

For merchants or in case of self-employment: copy of the certificate of trade registration or other appropriate document (Authorisation of practice).

Proofs of the applicant’s personal income : Copy of all kind of bank accounts (Updated at least 15 days prior to the application, including the page with the meaning of codes of operations) and, if applicable, copies of the three last salary slips

If the applicant has no personal income or if they are insufficient : the spouse or a family member has to prove his (her) personal incomes (copy of the three last salary slips or copy of updated bank accounts) and write a letter confirming that he (she) will pay for all the applicant‘s expenses during the stay

Confirmed reservation of return flight ticket(s). If applicable, detailed itinerary clearly showing the name of all visited countries and the dates of stay

Proofs of accommodation for the complete duration of stay in the schengen countries : Booking of an hotel room with dates of checking in and out, OR title deed OR lease of house or apartment

Invitation letter from the French company, stating purposes and dates of the business trip. For participation in fairs in France, evidence of booking or payment for the stall must be submitted.

Copy of medical insurance valid for the length of stay and for all schengen countries, covering medical repatriation and hospital care. A minimum corresponding to 30,000 Euros is mandatory. The policy has to be issued by by a local company listed by the schengen missions or by an insurance company based in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
I haven't got one before, but from I heard, you need 2 recent passport photograph, a valid passport with atleast two empty page for ur visa, travel insurance, your bank statement, then evidence of payment. Check out from people more that's what I heard and find
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
But I don't visas on my passport and I work in a family haulage bizziness so I don't receive salary but commission and how do I book hotel and return flight resrvation and can I use my brother's Uk bank statement to add up mine to make it sufficient.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
You can't used ur brother bank statement because the account must bear ur name, and you must have. Build the account before the period that you intend to apply for the visa, don't lodege money into the account because you might be charge for money lodgement, to book hotel its quite simple you have acess to the internet google hotel nearby your destination, check their website and see if u can book, I don't know abt ticket reservation, I am on my own schegen visa too.

1 Like

Re: Advise From Nairalanders by koolmd: 6:40am On Oct 26, 2012
Talk2naija: You can't used ur brother bank statement because the account must bear ur name, and you must have. Build the account before the period that you intend to apply for the visa, don't lodege money into the account because you might be charge for money lodgement, to book hotel its quite simple you have acess to the internet google hotel nearby your destination, check their website and see if u can book, I don't know abt ticket reservation, I am on my own schegen visa too.

just as he has said. You can go to www/booking.com for your hotel reservation (book a cacellable room with your ATM card), you can book Lufhtansa and get a confirmed booking. you must have the bank statement in your name.

2 Likes

Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 8:27am On Oct 26, 2012
I ve builded account well since I use it for some bussiness transactions but I don't ve a good balance,can I increase the balance?and since I don't ve previous schengen visa,what are the chances?
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 9:12am On Oct 26, 2012
I think That should be like six month before you applied for the visa, even if you haven't travel before if your intention are clean and you have good status and you can stand up fiancailly, if you can convince the consular that you will be back after your stay over there, then you will have the chance to get one

1 Like

Re: Advise From Nairalanders by llbhuds: 9:23am On Oct 26, 2012
Not having a previous schengen visa doesnt mean u cant be granted a visa( atleast der is always a first time on everything in life)
No visa is difficult, as long as u can provide all d required supporting documents. If u cant meet all requirements for a visa presently, stop ur application nd work towards acquiring those papers u are missing instead of paying a hug sum to an agent who cant even get a visa for himself.

1 Like

Re: Advise From Nairalanders by joechima: 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
I want to appreciate nairalanders for ur advice especially justwise for saving me from the dupester plz guys don't trust anybody anymore cos I approached the agent guy earlier today for my passport and he was coming up with another story that I should make advance payment of 50k but I told I am no longer interested and collected my passport,I am not saying all agents are fraudulent but let's be verycareful.
Re: Advise From Nairalanders by Talk2naija(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okay, Good for you, please me need advice for long stay permit for netherlands, please I need advice oh

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Refused Entry Into The U.s / Help Justwise & Everyone For Pearson Test Of English Exam. / Sweden Student Resident Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.