Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,926 members, 7,872,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! (18457 Views)

Poll: Which team will win?

Super Eagles Of Nigeria: 55% (64 votes)
National Team of Benin Republic: 17% (20 votes)
A 0-0 draw.: 27% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Benin At Nations Cup: 1 - 0 / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by BabaIbeji: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2008
I will forever respect any man, woman or beast that I meet that hails from CIV. Forever. With nothing on the line, they went and granted us this lifeline. God truly loves Nigeria.

In other breaking news, GTB and Oceanic bank have reported that within the last 2hrs, over N500 million has been transferred from six Nigerian state government accounts to offshore account in Switzerland. When pressed for further details, a seasoned bank teller at GTB spoke to us on the condition of anonymity and told us "this happens every time the Nations Cup rolls around, a lot of money is "transferred" during these competitions. It's a shame really, if only Nigerians can display the same passion and demand the same accountability shown towards football, this nation will be even greater." When I pressed him on what steps he has taken since discovering the illegal transfer of funds, he responded "Na wetin concern me with stolen govt funds, Nigeria don qualify for quarter finals, Yakubu is back in form, there is no hope for Ghana, not today, not tomorrow, not ever" Sadly, some people might say the same thing about Nigeria. My name is Frank Oliseh and thank you for tuning into Nightline.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tommyex(m): 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2008
9ja UNA TOO FUNNY SEF,Kano was actually the assistant coach,I saw him telling Vogts changes to make cheesy
But to confess Vogts na empty barrel oo,d guy no sabi tactics at all.

For the 1st time we face Ghana as underdogs.

we don qualify o
shame to bad people
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef
up next arsenal newcastle

YES OO,ARSENAL WILL WIN NEWC AGAIN,Adebayorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2008
I am the brain behind all these, the Malian players are in a hotel next to my house and guess what!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tlops(m): 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2008
it¨s good
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Prince22(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2008
There is God of surprises backing Nigeria

To God BE THE GLORY

ARE WE FIT TO FACE Ghana?
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by mdjo(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2008
Touchman; you be real PshyKoloMental. It's obvious you didn't see the match, All the boys played well today, everyone of them.
I lost count of how many lovely passes Yobo made, and all the wonderfuls stops Shittu completed, the wonderful runs and blocks by Nwaneri.
You should ale them boys and not yab them, they all played well.
By the way, do you play soccer? Any sport at all?
Malo, please talk better things for Forum.
Keep it real
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2008
But expect nothing less against Ghana
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Njoy1(f): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2008
Ghana 49 - Nigeria 0
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by McKren(m): 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2008
Still backing Ivory Coast to win the tournament

Nigeria is not good enough and have no regrets that I did not wish them well against Benin

Did I hear Drogba say his wife is from Mali?? Make the woman no match am till the next one month grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tommyex(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
YEA sure CIV n EGYPT r the best teams
But its knockout anything can happen
I ll hoot 4 egypt because they play like Arsenal grin
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by sley4life(m): 8:35pm On Jan 29, 2008
There is a breakin news that Drogba wife was kidnapped by Militants in Ghana secretly and told Drogba to score a goal with his fellow team mates else his wife will be gone. This is why Drogba defiled his agreement with Kanoute not to score a goal. Now the militants have freed his wife. Nigeria will be coming back home this week after we play with Ghana so dont be happy yet. Vogt must be sacked irrespective of the result
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Phiniter(m): 8:39pm On Jan 29, 2008
Hmm!

Well we did not do too bad, boo, but I don't know how far we could go after this, even if we excape Ghana, the rest teams are too too hot can we bear such heat??

*nods head slowly*
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tommyex(m): 8:43pm On Jan 29, 2008
Una funny sef
As i said b4 the match,dont u think Drogba will want to win player of the year 2008?matches lyk dis count.Player of dis tournament will count
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by seundammy(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2008
so now what can nig do when Ghana is the next to play but i hope the fluke of today
can come again smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Hayorbahmy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2008
We are so lucky,lucky nigeria oo

But our chances against Ghana is actually very slim too. If we are still going to use Berti "Goat" Vogts as our coach.
Thanks to GOD and Kanu 4 d coaching tactics.

I couldnt believe we could play that well bt ,maybe if we can improve on our tactics we may have greater chances
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Olisehua: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2008
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by Olisehua: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2008
http://vinovo.magnify.net/watch/playlist/TQD2QPH63C1GL68M
Both goals from match

This is right link, sorry grin

Nigeria can beat Ghana, Ghana is good team, but,
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by mystikal(m): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2008
without osaze it'll only be more difficult 2 score against Ghana, he's probably the best player so far
we go still win Ghana sha

I hope Arsenal makes my whole day by beating KK's toon army this night.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tommyex(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2008
Yes Mystical
Osaze's miss is costly
+Arsenal leads,Adebayor on fire like i said earlier
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by bagoma(f): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2008
i still cant believe we qualified especailly playing as we did today.
Super eagles has not only disgraced Nigeria they have also disgraced FIFA and shown that FIFA rankings is shit.  sad
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by folahann(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
I overheard some Ghanaians when i went out to get some Suya saying:It pained them soooo much that Mali failed to qualify ahead of NIgeria
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by 9ja4eva: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2008
Na Benin oh
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by adeboo(f): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2008
Well i knew that Nigeria performs well when they are under great pressure. They may later on fumble during the other games but they will qualify and then maybe act the fool.
I told my couz that they would actually score in the second half and they did.

So thats us facing Ghana on Monday.

Without Nija in this competition, there is no fun anymore, we give them good entertainment.
God bless you Eagles.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by yewaman1(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2008
I never believed that the eagles could perform the way they played this evening,
the goalkeeper really performed. Maybe we can get to the finals undecided Maybe undecided
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by McKren(m): 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2008
If Ghana goes out on sunday, caf will loose a lot of money
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by farolee(m): 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2008
i will still say it again and again ,forget those guys, don't take them too serious ,becos if u do u are just prostponing the day of your heart attack.Just relax and enjoy the game.
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by WarfyBoy(m): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2008
THANKS 2 IVORY COAST

MANY TNKS 2 OSAZE, YOBO, TAIWO, SHITTU, EJIDE N MIKEL

MIKEL 4 D FIRST TIME PLAYED LIKE A MID FIELDER

AHHHH OSAZE!!!! GOD G O GUIDE U

Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by WarfyBoy(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2008
Peter Osaze Odemwingie

may ur generation be praised n honored because of wt u'v done 4 us today

all hail OSAZE
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by PurestBoy(m): 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2008
I don talk am befor say na we we get the cup grin grin cheesy
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by tommyex(m): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2008
If KANU is still coach we can win GHANA cheesy

Mckren
Yea CAF will lose money,but Ghana will find it hard to score us,na penalty go finish am
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by aroti: 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2008
PurestBoy--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don talk am befor say na we we get the cup

for ssying this you are definately a plunker!!!
Re: First Round Match: Nigeria (2) Vs Benin (0)! by LoveKing(m): 11:33pm On Jan 29, 2008
Its a pity nigerians are celebrating, thats how they will celebrate until shit comot for their eyes on the D-day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Jay Jay Okocha - The World's Greatest Football Wizard (video) / Nigeria U-20 Crash Out Of African Youth Championship After Home Defeat To Sudan / Geography Waec Gce 2015 Questions And Answers, Runs And Expo Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.