Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,518 members, 7,940,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Apple iPad 4 - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Apple iPad 4 (6817 Views)

The Apple Ipad Mini Is Being Unveiled As I Type / Brand New Apple Ipad 32gb,wifi / The Apple Ipad - Awesome Device Or Just A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple iPad 4 by playmode(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
mikron: Apple and Samsung keeps growing in leaps and bounds on daily basis with new mind boggling products and i cant help but wonder why Nokia is not catching up, abi dem no fit do their own? im a Nokia fan though. are they packing up? same as Sony Ericsson.

What are you talking about.Nokia has just made one of the best phones in the world Nokia Lumia 920. Which planet are you living on Nokia does not need to make a tablet,they are good at making phones and they should stick to that.Blackberry tried to make tablets but see what trouble that landed them in.

FYI Apple is not doing sh*t ,just recycling the same old washed out devices. The new Nokia phone has wireless charging,Glove compatible touch screen,variety of colors,Pure view camera technology,windows 8 mobile and NFC.Google what that means. Apple's Os is a prison while windows 8 OS is freedom,it doesn't get better than that.
Re: Apple iPad 4 by johnson11(m): 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
It is only ipad mini and mac laptop that was released...where did you guys get ipad 4 from
Poster, all the pix you have are ipad mini and even on there website is ipad mini, so,how come you included your own ipad 4 to the list??
Re: Apple iPad 4 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
aguiyi: am not impressed angry

You must be depressed
Re: Apple iPad 4 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
TroGunn:

Two devices were announced today- IPad 4 and IPad Mini.

So what is the difference between Ipad4 and Ipad3, because they were busy comparing Ipad4 and Ipad2, a sign of cluelessnes?
Re: Apple iPad 4 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2012
Egba girl:

Oh I see!! hmmmm na only mini i see ni o. Ayt thanks for the correction. OP abeg no vex o. i no know ni. Na only mini i think say dem release cause na only news for mini dey fill our ears. lol

Why do you like mini tinz alot?
Re: Apple iPad 4 by Egbagirl(f): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2012
okpara ugo:

Why do you like mini tinz alot?

LOL. I dont o. ahahhahaha I just thought it was only mini cause na wetin pple tell me be dat and i also only saw mini everywhere online. I guess the mini overshadowed the 4
Re: Apple iPad 4 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nano sim generations unveiled. iphone5, ipad 3S(4)whatever,ipad mini .....

Anyway, nano sim cutters now available sha.
Re: Apple iPad 4 by diehard(m): 12:07am On Oct 24, 2012
Apple painted themselves into a corner with the third-generation iPad, which they insisted on calling just the "new iPad". So what happens when you replace that iPad with a newer one? Do you call it the "very new iPad"? That's the problem that Apple have with the fourth-generation iPad or as we will call it.. the Apple iPad 4.

The rather clumsy name that Apple have given to this device is the "iPad with Retina display" which still sounds rather like the iPad 3. But then, the differences between the third-generation and fourth-generation iPads are pretty straightforward.

There are two significant changes. Apple have replaced the A5 processor in the previous model with a version of the A6 processor found in the iPhone 5. The A6 has proven itself to be a blisteringly fast processor, and it really is twice as fast as the A5. On a big-screen high-definition device such as the iPad, that extra processing power is going to be very useful when it comes to processor intensive applications.

The second change is the addition of the new Lightning port, as found on the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. This will be a great boost in encourage third parties to support the Lightning port, and this should help to standardize accessories for future iOS devices.

Briefly, the rest of the specifications include a 9.7" 1536 x 2048 pixel "retina" display, there's a 5 megapixel camera on the back (plus a 1.2 megapixel one on the front), WiFi and UMTS/LTE support, iOS6 and the cellular version also has GPS and GLONASS positioning system support, which is all pretty much the same as the iPad 3.

The iPad 4 will sell for the same price as the iPad 3, starting at $499 for the WiFi-only 16GB version and going up $829 for the WiFi and cellular 64GB version. In other countries, you can expect the iPad 4 to seamlessly replace the previous generation when retailers switch over stocks.

Consumers should exercise some care when buying iPad while the stock changeover is taking place. There are very few obvious differences between the third and fourth generation models apart from the size of the connector at the bottom of the tablet. Apple say that the fourth-generation WiFi-only iPad should start to be available from November

http://www.mobilegazette.com/apple-ipad-4-12x10x23.htm

1 Like

Re: Apple iPad 4 by ciphoenix: 5:06am On Oct 24, 2012
mikron: Apple and Samsung keeps growing in leaps and bounds on daily basis with new mind boggling products and i cant help but wonder why Nokia is not catching up, abi dem no fit do their own? im a Nokia fan though. are they packing up? same as Sony Ericsson.
still very much in the game, the Xperia line
Re: Apple iPad 4 by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:10am On Oct 24, 2012
Na so? So my Ipad2 is now officially obsolete! Apple, its not fair o. So with d release of the Ipad mini do they want to start competing with d Galaxy tab? Samsung would b pissed. Bet they didn't. C dis coming!
Re: Apple iPad 4 by ciphoenix: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2012
The world of 7 inch tablets has never been apple's territory, they're still "newbies" there as the specs really show. They've got to push harder to compete with the 7 inch droids.
Re: Apple iPad 4 by almasterpiece(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2012
when d price fall i go buy may b next yr sept
Re: Apple iPad 4 by wonlasewonimi: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2012
This company called Apple is very useless. They keep churning out technologies that won't sustain them in the long run instead of developing enterprise servers that locks company down for longer periods. In short, they are focused on fad items!

When consumer tastes change in about 5 years time and more competitors come into fray...they will go down. RIM didnt envisage this phenomemon few years back.
Re: Apple iPad 4 by arbitrage: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
Any tablet with no support for additional memory card may not catch much of my attention anyway.

1 Like

Re: Apple iPad 4 by arbitrage: 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2012
playmode:

What are you talking about.Nokia has just made one of the best phones in the world Nokia Lumia 920. Which planet are you living on Nokia does not need to make a tablet,they are good at making phones and they should stick to that.Blackberry tried to make tablets but see what trouble that landed them in.

FYI Apple is not doing sh*t ,just recycling the same old washed out devices. The new Nokia phone has wireless charging,Glove compatible touch screen,variety of colors,Pure view camera technology,windows 8 mobile and NFC.Google what that means. Apple's Os is a prison while windows 8 OS is freedom,it doesn't get better than that.

NFC is Near Field Communication technology, which is found in Google Nexus phone (made for Google by Samsung). NFC phone works with Google Wallet, which is like online payment solution by Google with your credit card details stored. So when you enter a store or cafe or any merchant that has NFC machine to buy things, you can just swipe/pass your NFC-equipped phone around the NFC machine. Your payment will automatically be done from the phone through the Google Wallet. I think it is still being used for now in selected locations in the US and the UK. Limited number of merchants have the NFC machine installed in stores for now.
Re: Apple iPad 4 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2012
arbitrage: Any tablet with no support for additional memory card may not catch much of my attention anyway.

And it should have a real file system and file manager. IOS is a compromised OS as is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Any Us/uk Used Laptop @ Half-worth Price / I Want To Unlock My HUAWEI E173 Modem / Is Simple Server Simple Still Working With Mtn Bb10 Midi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.