Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,512 members, 7,904,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria (3648 Views)

Post Threads That Will Be Visible On Google And Rank Among The Top 10 / Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by mailtimi(m): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
Good Day

I have been running a website for about 7 months now. my average traffic is about 300 - 500 daily. on exceptional cases I get 1000 - 5000. But i only have 252 followers on twitter and 138 likes on facebook.

Please how can i boost the traffic, facebook likes and twitter followers.

Is it compulsory to run an AD or are there other ways to go about it?

Thanks.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by Basic(m): 12:18am On Oct 24, 2012
Whats is your blog all about?
Firstly, offer an enticing freebie such as a free ebook for subscription to your blog. If you can convert your visitors to subscribers, you'll get consistent traffic.
To boost your traffic, rather than spend money on ads, expend your effort on quality link building campaigns that will bring traffic over a very long term. Think guest posting and dofollow directory submissions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by mailtimi(m): 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
My site is basically about news, sports, entertainment, music and videos update

Which there are lots of site in Nigeria @ the moment which does similar stuff. Making it hard to rise in ranking.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by UncleJJ(m): 11:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Get a google webmasters account and set your geographic location to nigeria from the acount panel.

Make what your writing about is nigerians r searching for and the links are important too.

Try and get some anchors with nigeria in them. Try and steal some links from nigerian site doing well in google.com.ng
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by mailtimi(m): 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2012
UncleJJ: Try and steal some links from nigerian site doing well in google.com.ng

Will open a webmaster account now. but pls what do u mean by stealing link?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by Basic(m): 6:41am On Oct 28, 2012
Note that if you've been copying and pastings your posts from their source sites, you won't get anywhere as regards SEO.
To attain high rankings, ensure that your posts are unique and not plagiarised. Plagiarism is one cankerworm infesting the Nigerian blogosphere and has prevented most Nigerian blogs from being recognised by Google.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by FatBusyBee(f): 12:48am On Oct 29, 2012
@maitimi
there are lots of ways you can drive traffic to your site which i know you might be away of...

firstly i will advise you check on your on-page to see if you really optimize the site

these are some of the question i normally ask my clients if they want to boost their traffic and show up in organic ranking

What is [are] the keywords you are targeting?
what kwywords are your competitors ranking for?
how many backlinks do your competitors already have and where are they from [pr1 - ?]
where are you getting your traffic from and what kw are they using to find you?

@basic i really like the idea of using freebie to drive traffic, this is one method people dont like to use. it work like cham if you are planning getting people to join your list.

@maitimi "the moment which does similar stuff. Making it hard to rise in ranking" i think with such sites you shouldnt have much problem outranking them.they are very broad and therefore not targeted.

and if you want to run a blackhat on your site to drive hordes of traffic from facebook, or you want to get lots of people on facebook to like your page i have a book im giving out that might help. the strategy in the book will also work very well for nigerians who want to use facebook to drive traffic, but you will need to open a new account if you intend to use the method mentioned in the book. you cancheck my sig to download the report............>>>>

<<.............UPDATE...........>>
THE SIG FILE HAS CHANGED...YOU CAN CONTACT ME IF YOU BEED TO FB CHEAT BOOK!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by annahussy(f): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2012
If you want to increase traffic on your site than you have to use seo techniques on your site. I think SEO is one of the best way to getting most traffic because SEO include many of good link building techniques that useful for your website to getting huge number of traffic. Its help to optimize your website easily on search engine.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by jamessmit(m): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
For better traffic try to publish unique content on your website. Do local search engine optimization in which you have to target local keywords i.e, locally specific e.g, Nigeria news, Nigeria your keyword name etc. And for Facebook likes make your Facebook page with beautiful designs, connect with friends over social networking websites and finally send Facebook page like request(i.e, email) among your social networked friends, try to publish interesting content.

Getting twitter follower isn't so much easy, you have to available with your twitter account maximum hours as you manage. Tweets some thing interesting which is related to your business. Be in contact with friends with related domain. You have to follow to those who follow to you for more followers.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by UncleJJ(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2012
mailtimi:

Will open a webmaster account now. but pls what do u mean by stealing link?

Go to google.com.ng

In the search box, enter related:nairaland.com then go to all the nigeria sites yiu can find and place a link.

Do the same for blogs, use comments fir this.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by mailtimi(m): 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
@UncleJJ

Don't you think most sites would react to these as spam. A site like nairaland for instance doesn't really allow you place site links in post.

@ All. I believe increasing my fans on twitter and facebook would also be helpful. But am not sure how I can increase my likes n followers on twitter n facebook.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by otodeluxe(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2012
Nice tips guys! This is really helpful
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by cheavroi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
@mailtimi

The best way to drive traffic to your blog in simple procedure

1. Use Google trend to look for what is trending in your niche.

2. Perform a Keyword Research based on that topic

3. Write a good unique blog post.

4. Share it on facebook, twitter and LinkedIn

5. Then on the third day after your blog has gone live, use Facebook sponsored post to drive traffic to it while at the same time increasing the number of likes on your facebook page.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by elsevier(m): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
I WILL SHOW YOU THE SECRET SNEAKY BACKDOOR IN TO GOOGLE FAST WITH FREE PRESS RELEASES.

Do you have a product, website or something you want to get blasted out on the internet fast?

Get TOP placements at Google in record-breaking time instead of having to wait for weeks.

I know this because I've proved it and I am going to show you a real quick, recent examples of it.

For more call: +234-803-879-2998

This is really sneaky stuff... prepare to be shocked!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Increase A Site Traffic And Rank In Nigeria by Christojo: 1:28am On Sep 13, 2016
For More Tutorial Visit www.wapbullet.com

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Facebook Founder, Mark Zuckerberg Trekking On The Streets Of Yaba / Webmasters Section Is Dying / Never You Host Your Site With Smartweb.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.