Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:47 AM

I Need Some Clarification Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Some Clarification Please (518 Views)

Clarification On The Serpent In The Garden Of Eden? / Need Clarification On Married Folks Being Intimate While Fasting / Clarification On LUKE 16VS 1-10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Some Clarification Please by code0: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
I've actually been having some arguments with my friend for some time now. She believes a man can only marries a woman out from her own church (i.e. If they were not already in the same church) and see it totally wrong for the woman to join the man's church while still friends/dating. I tried to convince her that it's better for her to join me in my own church especially for the fact that during this courtship period she'll have the advantage to decide if she'll be able to cope with the new doctrine before marriage or tell the me she won't be able so that we'll just end up but she fines it had to understand this and hence refuses to join me in my own church.

But then, she has given me her words that she'll change to my church only when we get married but am not satisfied too 'cos I want her to start learning and believing the same thing I believe before our marriage finally comes. Also, I've heard cases where the woman would not want to join the man in his own church after marriage even when she agreed that she'll. Another thing is that, she claims to be an active member in her church though I don't know how that can stop her from switching over.

I came to Nairaland 'cos I've heard so much about how issues can be dealt with here. So pls, what's your thoughts on this? Advice us 'cos she's also watching this thread.

P.S.: She's Orthodox while am a Pentecostal.

Thank you.
Re: I Need Some Clarification Please by Joagbaje(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2012
code_0: I've actually been having some arguments with my friend for some time now. She believes a man can only marries a woman out from her own church (i.e. If they were not already in the same church) and see it totally wrong for the woman to join the man's church while still friends/dating.

it's true in most circles. It is irresponsible act for a woman to abandon her church where's she's been raised up and having responsibility entrusted to her. Just because of a promise of marriage. It's a disregarded for her spiritual head there who ought to have given her out with a blessing. So she's right.

I tried to convince her that it's better for her to join me in my own church especially for the fact that during this courtship period she'll have the advantage to decide if she'll be able to cope with the new doctrine before marriage or tell the me she won't be able so that we'll just end up

It doesn't work that way. You been a pntecistal ought to know better about sense of responsibility. She should leave her church with honor. It's clear she's willing to join you up no matter your doctrine. So show her some respect . Except if she belong to a church where truth us not taught,then in that ground you are winning her over to truth not because of marriage. It's always better to mary from sme assembly as much as possible where

but she fines it had to understand this and hence refuses to join me in my own church.

That's maturity on her side. She's not yet your wife.

But then, she has given me her words that she'll change to my church only when we get married but am not satisfied too 'cos I want her to start learning and believing the same thing I believe before our marriage finally comes. Also, I've heard cases where the woman would not want to join the man in his own church after marriage even when she agreed that she'll. Another thing is that, she claims to be an active member in her church though I don't know how that can stop her from switching over.

If you want to get her acquainted with your church. Give her your church messages and materials to read and study.it's always advisable to marry from same church ,where you both have same convictions. This is one of the hurdles of interdenomination marriages. It's a work
Re: I Need Some Clarification Please by code0: 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
@Jo

Tanx so much bro for taking out time to break it step-by-step for me. Just don't want to make any mistake about this. I really appreciate. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The First Book Of The New Testament? / Pastor Arrested Church Worker For Stealing Book / How Many Times Have You Missed Church In 2013 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.