Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,329 members, 7,937,007 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:15 AM

Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) (21519 Views)

Bristow Helicopter Crash Rescue Operation In Lagos (Photos) / 8 Reasons To Move To Lagos. Aka "Lasgidi" / Why Is Lagos Called Lasgidi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Fiver: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2012
ijebabe:
Fiver, can you share your experience with pictures next time? You can send it to me through PM if you like. Thanks.

I didn't take pics with my phone but Dis Guy(the mod) took some picture with his cam I will tell him to post them if he's not too busy eating sallah meat lol
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by ijebabe: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2012
^Haha, thanks smiley
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by ayobase(m): 12:41am On Nov 02, 2012
Fiver: Was at millenium park on tuesday, excellent park huge, neat and quiet!!

Still can't find my way to jabi park so went to the cinemae again!

Jabi is after Wuse...its easier when u ask though!
Of course, Millenium park could be cool sometimes!
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by komekn(m): 3:16am On Nov 03, 2012
The question is subjective and relative to a persons own personal preferences.

For me i don't really want to do anything i can do in the UK, so coming home is escape from restrictive conservatism, undue political correctness and the stiff British upper lip it feels like i left prison.

The way we press our horns right from the airport with reckless abandon is sweet music to my ears,it tells me I don land Oh !!!

First thing authentic swallow with real Banga soup, later on Suya and then i have a a whole series of meetings with my guys, social and bizness never sure how to differentiate the two, the beauty of Naija.

Where to go, the choices are limitless. Depending on the which day of the week i might start of with a Church its always good to declare the truth at some Bible study its amazing the extent of distortion, emphasis on cultural traditions, its always a lively debate and somebody always gets loosed from bondage.

Then there is such a plethora of social clubs country, island, boats club, etc. to visit and that's the first night.

My initial time depending on my itinerary will be a series of house openings, weddings, birthdays , a few professional dinners and the weekends day time at the Beach there's quite a few private and public as always don't look too green.

Just driving around will get you frustrated and exhilarated at the same time but you will never be bored.
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by FlyinNaija: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2012
Nigerians do not know have to have fun. As typical black people we bask in vanity. Fun for a typical Nigerian male is popping expensive bottles of champagne among people who don't even care about you. Fun in Nigeria is limited to sex, drugs and rock n roll.
Where do you take kids to have fun? On the mainland, funplace opebi is not bad and then the usual 3 cinemas and 2 malls, then what else? I took some kids to the Apapa amusement part and the place looked like a crime scene.
Where do you take someone who doesn't drink or smoke to?
Nigerians do not like diversity, when they travel out they are very skeptical about anything foreign especially food.
Most Nigerians who are adventurous cannot wait for their next foreign trip.

For me as an adult male, i would be interested in the following activities in Nigeria:

Camping
Hiking
Rock climbing e.g. climbing famous rocks
Water-sports (jet skiing, speedboats, wouldnt it be nice to have boat trips up and down the Niger or Benue?)
Motorsports (go karting, race track events,
Safaris
Roller-coaster rides
the list is endless

I'm tired of the usual siddon-and-chop activities in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by ijebabe: 10:11am On Nov 03, 2012
My concern as well. Besides eating and nightclubs what can one really do? I can't think of bringing a foreign guest with me because i don't know where to take them.

Overnight camping is great with friends but are there areas on the outskirts of Lagos for that?
I'm not sure of other parts of Nigeria as my focus is on Lagos, but im happy to check up on surrounding areas.
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Fiver: 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
@ijebabe

What email can I send d pics to, they too large to attach and no software here to reduce them, will send them to you then u can post if on the abuja thread wink
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by ijebabe: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
Fiver: @ijebabe

What email can I send d pics to, they too large to attach and no software here to reduce them, will send them to you then u can post if on the abuja thread wink
Send me a PM and I'll reply to it. That way you will have my email.
Thanks!
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Mynd44: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
ijebabe:
Send me a PM and I'll reply to it. That way you will have my email.
Thanks!
Can I send you a PM too?
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by ayobase(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Can I send you a PM too?

How many times u wan send!
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Mynd44: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
ayobase:

How many times u wan send!
Until she replies na
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by ayobase(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Until she replies na

LOL!
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Fiver: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
Fiver: @ijebabe

https://www.nairaland.com/532816/abuja-things#13218641
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Mynd44: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
Burn and beats.

Tafawa balewa square Lagos

26th december 2012
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by dont8(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dont forget 'The Experience' at TBS.

Mynd_44: Burn and beats.

Tafawa balewa square Lagos

26th december 2012
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Mynd44: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
dont8: Dont forget the experience

What experience
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by dont8(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
I mean the 'The Experience', a yearly christian worship stuff.

Mynd_44:
What experience
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by Mynd44: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
dont8: I mean the 'The Experience', a yearly christian worship stuff.

Okay. You do you and I will do me.
Re: Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) by dont8(m): 7:41am On Dec 05, 2012
No lele, one man's meat...
Mynd_44:
Okay. You do you and I will do me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Healthy Baby On Italy-bound Migrant Rescue Ship (pics) / PHOTOS: Car Tumbles And Falls Upside Down Opposite LASTMA Office, Lagos / Truck Rams Into Woman's Shop In Port Harcourt. Injures Her (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.