Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,111 members, 7,880,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? (6451 Views)

Shocking Predictions For 2016 By Joshua Iginla / Pastor Joan Godwin: A Victim Of Dangote Trailer Accident In Asaba (Photo) / Astrology, Zodiac Signs And Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 24, 2012
I just wanna know if some of us have experiences with astrological predictions. Were they accurate?

I stumbled on one some days ago and I received like pages of my perceived life history.

I want to believe that some people are obsessed with this thing or that they are already chained by this unimaginable force, in that,what the astrologers had predicted would happen to that person is what he or she will be using to guide his or her life. Its like chains I want to believe.

Imagine like telling you "if you are not in a particular location next week you may miss out on an important social relationship and it may have a negative effect on your financial life forever", but eventually unforeseen phenomenon materialized and you were unable to be there, what kind of mindset would such a person start having if he or she is not strong/ grounded in faith or a person who is visionary and has drive.

Please share your views about your experience with astrology.

NB: Those that have workable knowledge of how it works can contribute too.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by pastormustwacc: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2012
I was drawn to astrology at a point, but i later concluded that it is not meant for christians that operate with faith. So please leave astrology alone. I dont wish to say more about it.

4 Likes

Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2012
Why don't you share it? What you learnt, how the predictions went and why you insist "I", of course I'm not into it should leave it alone.

Tell us more, share your experiences people.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by dhtml(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2012
T_Bademosi: Why don't you share it? What you learnt, how the predictions went and why you insist "I", of course I'm not into it should leave it alone.

Tell us more, share your experiences people.
Some knowlege can be corrupting and might make one align with forces of darkness. Astrology is one of such elements.

What is your interest in astrology anyway? Go and look for an astrologer blog or something

1 Like

Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:30am On Oct 24, 2012
There is nothing wrong with Astrology..even Jesus was cool with it. Job38:22: "Can you lead forth the
Maz'zaroth in their season, or can
you guide the Bear with its
children?"
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2012
"And I looked, and behold a
white cloud, and upon the cloud
one sat like unto the Son of man,
having on his head a golden
crown, and in his hand a sharp
sickle." - Rev. 14:14-20
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2012
"And there shall be SIGNS in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the Earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the Earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man
coming in a cloud with power and great glory." (Luke 21:25-27)
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Jesus Christ's Son of Man The Son of Man in the Gospels can be
linked to the constellation Orion.
Revelation’s description of the Son of
man fits the pattern of stars in the
constellation Orion. The star on his
right shoulder is bright red (upper left star). The three stars at his waist were
later seen as the three wise men who
announced the birth of Jesus.[13]
The Son of man has a cluster of stars in
the background that look like the
clouds upon which the Son of man rides. Astronomical maps show the
Milky Way behind the constellation
Orion. From earth, they look like
clouds.
"Then I turned to see the voice that
was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in
the midst of the lampstands one like a
son of man, clothed with a long robe
and with a golden girdle round his
bosom; his head and his hair were
white as white wool, white as snow; his eyes were like a flame of fire, his
feet were like burnished bronze,
refined as in a furnace, and his voice
was like the sound of many waters; in
his right hand he held seven stars,
from his mouth issued a sharp two- edged sword, and his face was like the
sun shining in full strength." - Rev.
1:12-20
"And I looked, and behold a white
cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like
unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand
a sharp sickle." - Rev. 14:14-20
Orion, as seen in human form, has his
right hand holding a sickle or a club.
His left hand could be holding an
animal skin, a shield or a bow. The Milky Way is behind him. The arc
above him represents the Sun’s path.
The line going through his waist is the
celestial equator which runs parallel to
earth’s equator.
"As they were gathering in Galilee, Jesus said to them, 'The Son of man is
to be delivered into the hands of men,
and they will kill him, and he will be
raised on the third day.' And they
were greatly distressed." - Matt.
17:22-23 When the sun goes below the equator
into the dark days, it is said to be
delivered to the enemy. While the
earth rotates, the stars appear to be
moving westerly until they dip below
the horizon. Three days later they reappear in the eastern horizon.[14]
..."'tell us if you are the Christ, the Son
of God.' Jesus said to him, 'You have
said so. But I tell you, hereafter you
will see the Son of man seated at the
right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.'" - Matt.
26:63-64
When facing North, Orion’s rising in
the East can be seen as rising from the
right. Orion appears at the right hand
of the Sun.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by dhtml(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2012
Now, i like that. Please just go to google and type "astrology christianity" and see the results for yourself. You can start your search from there.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2012
Although the Roman Catholic Church
claims that the crosier represents the
shepherd's crook, it actually can be
traced to the divining staff or the
augur of pontifex maximus of ancient
Rome, who inherited it from the priests of Babylon.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by dhtml(m): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2012
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:45am On Oct 24, 2012
Luke 18:29-30 No one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or
children for the sake of the kingdom
of God will fail to receive many times as
much in this AGE and, in the AGE to come, eternal life.
Matt. 13:39-40 The harvest is the end of the AGE, and the harvesters are angels. As the weeds are pulled up
and burned in the fire, so it will be at
the end of the AGE.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by mkmyers45(m): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2012
"After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. He said: "May the day of my birth perish ... May its MORNING STARS become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me to hide trouble from my eyes." (Job 3:1-10)
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2012
Dhtml you are so right and I quite agree with you that some information's are not too healthy.

Ignorantly, this thread may be a subtle thread to rebuff astrological claims, what about that?

Thanks anyway for your contributions. I want real life experiences.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by dhtml(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
People with real life experiences are not likely to come forward especially on nairaland where people will s/h/i/t on them. But i will stay on the sidelines, if someone contributes something reasonable, maybe i will talk then.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Detonatorrex(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
be it unto you according to your faith!
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by blasterman(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
The sea which is the most powerful matter on earth is controlled or affected by celestial bodies so also is man. Brleive it or not but man is affected by celestial bodies, the degree or the factor of control is unknown as motivation and desire is also a factor in daily life.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
Don't even know how they operate,most of their prediction are peculiar or similar to every mankind.

I believe they just using the mind to control people,I don't do it,but always surprise some people follow it religiously.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by kennytidistar(m): 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
HMN! this is a wonderful question which i expect most nairalanders to contribute, you see i can describe astrology as a form of controversial and occultic profession whereby one's destiny will be control by unknown forces when you see a prediction do not fall in love with it and do not hate it but always apply wisdom in the journey of your life. i have had an encounter with several astrologers but even with my intuition i can compare my present status to my prospective ambition, i try to control my destiny, i refused to be control by their direction, i know how you are feeling right nau but let me tell you one thing hey might be right with the prediction but it will not always go the way it will be map out for you. that is where you have to be very careful, if you are the type that can easily be lured please avoid them and put your hope to God. because they can give you what you never bargain for and lure you to their society. only Jesus is real!

1 Like

Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Ojdanavigator(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2012
Astrology predictions are sometimes right, that is all i can say. For tips on how to seduce any virgo female, check out www.seductiontipsnaija..com
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by deols(f): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
According to the message from the prophet,
Some of mankind do seek the unseen through jins. They are only able 2 get about 1% of the information correctly while the rest is false.

Every Muslim is expected to not seek the help of these people.

The knowledge of that is d reason I am never swayed by people who claim to have seen visions
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Tedpgrass: 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
Some of the earlier entries are primarily subjects under Astronomy not Astrology
as initiated by the Op.
Astronomy has a lot of scientific explanations, so easily understood.

Faith in the proposed astrological predictions play a huge role to play.

Feel its an area poorly understood.... so avoid dabbling about.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Do you not believe Astrology ?
Do you believe that people, who live in a particular location share common resemblance? Do you believe people born same month, are exposed to almost equal amount of solar radiation which affects their thoughts, and that thoughts affects actions and actions affect destinies ? Then it could be similar destinies after all.

2 Likes

Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by topsy1971: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2012
It's not by force that you believe in astrological predictions. There is freedom of choice on what you want to believe. However, imagine you want to enter into a business endeavour which requires you investing some money. Would you continue the transaction on a day when benefic planets like jupiter, moon, sun and mercury are not well positioned in the cosmos? You will be throwing away your money.I've started a thread on this topic before on this forum. Astrology is an insight into spiritual secrets which I can call a gift from God to help mankind in discovering his purpose fo
R existence. You can determine the best business or profession to practise. You can know whether to travel on a particular day or not. All you need is to study the positions of planets associated with particular areas of life. For further reading, google William Lily, Max Heindel, Sepharial etc . These were ancient philosophers that published a lot of works on this topic.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Balmat(m): 1:22am On Oct 25, 2012
D problem many pple have is self righteousnes. @ creation,God made all things for man b4 d devil cunningly hijacked evrything. Its not out of place for man to use astrology if it works for him. Astrology, psychology & philosophy are one family. U cant use psychology without d others. Its ignorance & lack of self consciousnes that is the bane of many. Even many spirituality of men of God often ends up being astrological. Its left for people to find out. Ur destiny is in ur hands!
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by collinsn007(m): 4:11am On Oct 25, 2012
my broder Jesus Christ is d author n finisher of life astrology is nt 4 christains Read Isaiah 47 cheers
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 25, 2012
I have to say, I felt strangely compelled to reply this topic. Astrology is something that has given me much consternation in the past and the present and I've had quite a few experiences that have pretty much rocked me to my core.

I won't go into the exact experiences but they have involved Sun Sign horoscopes, Numerology, Tarot Readings and the mother of them all (to me at least) Moon Horoscopes. I've also had experiences with pendulum divination and psychic visualisation which I can say rank as perhaps the most extreme forays into spirituality that I have engaged in. So, I've been around the block, kind of.

In my experience then, there's a certain amount of truth in all of these pathways. I found a particular app for daily horoscopes (Yes, an app, I know) that was eerily accurate some days and seemingly off on others. I decided to do the obvious test of not checking the horoscope until the day was almost over for a few days and lo and behold, the damn thing read the previous 23 or so hours to me like a book (literally). Numerology is something I never completely understood but my experiences with the Life Path, Pinnacle, Quiet Self, Soul Urge and Expression Numbers held some very alluring truths to them. With the Tarot, apart from doing daily readings from time to time I once managed to divine what was troubling a friend a few minutes before she told me herself. This was across continents by the way.

Now, the moon horoscopes or Lunar Forecasts to be specific. My oh my. This one really shook me. It's the idea that each "moon day" so to speak has its own special characteristics that influence the course of events for everyone on the planet which isn't all that hard for me to believe. The moon controls the fluids, we're mostly water, we go with the flow whether we like it or not. I tried the same experiment I did with the sun sign horoscopes over here. I waited until after the fact to see if the Lunar Forecast gist held any merit and, big surprise, it most certainly did.

Astrology and other forms of spirituality are a wide, wide world. I would urge caution for anyone willing to explore what the world has to offer but I'll leave this as well: http://nok-ind.tumblr.com/post/34023826428/the-eye-of-god-a-omnipotent-being-beyond-human

Regarding the consequences of my actions, well, they are still being played out but I will say that it has at times been beautiful and rewarding but also heartbreaking and soul-crushing. Those that know, know. It's deep, really quite deep and there's a whole mess of metaphysics to accompany all of this.

Simple question, long answer. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by pastormustwacc: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2012
MrMister: I have to say, I felt strangely compelled to reply this topic. Astrology is something that has given me much consternation in the past and the present and I've had quite a few experiences that have pretty much rocked me to my core.

I won't go into the exact experiences but they have involved Sun Sign horoscopes, Numerology, Tarot Readings and the mother of them all (to me at least) Moon Horoscopes. I've also had experiences with pendulum divination and psychic visualisation which I can say rank as perhaps the most extreme forays into spirituality that I have engaged in. So, I've been around the block, kind of.

In my experience then, there's a certain amount of truth in all of these pathways. I found a particular app for daily horoscopes (Yes, an app, I know) that was eerily accurate some days and seemingly off on others. I decided to do the obvious test of not checking the horoscope until the day was almost over for a few days and lo and behold, the damn thing read the previous 23 or so hours to me like a book (literally). Numerology is something I never completely understood but my experiences with the Life Path, Pinnacle, Quiet Self, Soul Urge and Expression Numbers held some very alluring truths to them. With the Tarot, apart from doing daily readings from time to time I once managed to divine what was troubling a friend a few minutes before she told me herself. This was across continents by the way.

Now, the moon horoscopes or Lunar Forecasts to be specific. My oh my. This one really shook me. It's the idea that each "moon day" so to speak has its own special characteristics that influence the course of events for everyone on the planet which isn't all that hard for me to believe. The moon controls the fluids, we're mostly water, we go with the flow whether we like it or not. I tried the same experiment I did with the sun sign horoscopes over here. I waited until after the fact to see if the Lunar Forecast gist held any merit and, big surprise, it most certainly did.

Astrology and other forms of spirituality are a wide, wide world. I would urge caution for anyone willing to explore what the world has to offer but I'll leave this as well: http://nok-ind.tumblr.com/post/34023826428/the-eye-of-god-a-omnipotent-being-beyond-human

Regarding the consequences of my actions, well, they are still being played out but I will say that it has at times been beautiful and rewarding but also heartbreaking and soul-crushing. Those that know, know. It's deep, really quite deep and there's a whole mess of metaphysics to accompany all of this.

Simple question, long answer. Sorry about that.
You did very well. And no apologies for the long post.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by bknight: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2012
Mr Miser recognized.

Attempt these sciences only at the strength of ur mind.
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:46am On Oct 25, 2012
Like mr mister said it could be soul crushing and heart breaking. Just had an experience with it once. The results gave me the above until of course i took charge of my life by faith and courage. Now my summary its crap just like weed, stay away from it folks
Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by free2ryhme: 8:16am On Oct 25, 2012
[size=14pt]THE BIBLE SAYS THE BELOW
[/size]

Lev.19:26
Neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.

Dt.18:10-12
There shall not be found among you any ... that useth divination, or an observer of times.... For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD.

Is.47:13-14
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

Jer.10:2
Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 Likes

Re: Astrology Predictions; Ever Been A Victim? What Are The Consequences? by Youngzedd(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you not believe Astrology ?
Do you believe that people, who live in a particular location share common resemblance? Do you believe people born same month, are exposed to almost equal amount of solar radiation which affects their thoughts, and that thoughts affects actions and actions affect destinies ? Then it could be similar destinies after all.

Yes I believe.
Those born in the same month have something in common.

I personally has made a deep research starting from my siblings to outsiders and it almost exactly as they quote.

Nevertheless you can make changes, you can change ur destiny.
Only the creator can do so.

Listen everybody is destined to be great, just that the enemies can forseen ones destiny and crash it by all means i.e be it using women as a tool, poison, spiritual attacks etc. That is why many people end up being a father at a tender age.
If care is not taken the person's destiny will be crushed.
As a youths do the right thing at the right time, enemies/evil forces are watching after you.

Always bear in mind that everything has it's own season.

That is why you have to be strong physically and spiritually.
The heart of men is filled with evil.

Don't condemn it because one or two forces may have crushed u, rather learn from your mistakes, try as much as possible to amend.

Don't look at your present condition (why am I not rich or why am I not this or that) when reading Astrology books because everybody has made a great mistake he/she never want to remember that may lead he/she to the current position they are now.

Forward the teachings to the young ones that still have a great journey to embark on, make them know they have a great mission to carry out, try as much as possible to tell them the good and the bad and why they should choose "good" to bad.

I love being a Capricornian.

Remember many evil forces are watching.....
And that is why you have to be extremely careful in what ever you do.

God bless 9ja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefits Of Doing The Will Of God / Is It A Sin To Burn A Bible? / Adeboye's Son Romances Society Woman Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.