Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,514 members, 7,968,396 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:44 AM

NFA The Bane Of Our Problem - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFA The Bane Of Our Problem (910 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / NFA Electoral Appeals Committee Upholds Pinnick’s Election. / Nfa To Report David Moyes To Fifa For Saying That Yakubu Falsified His Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFA The Bane Of Our Problem by ohikhena(m): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2008
I have always prayed for a super eagles that will re-enact the form that saw them qualifying for the world cup and winning the nations cup in 94.But its like this prayer might not come true in my life time for the following reason.

1.We have an F.A that is being run by some sets of greedy and unpatrotic Nigerians who have put there own personal interest above the nation.The hiring of Berti Vogts as our national coach is a crime against Nigeria.

2.We have an F.A that have practically lost focus and a sense of direction or why in Gods name did they agree to such a scandalous contract with Berti Vogts.

3.An F.A that shift there inefficiency on the players even when they know that this players are more patrotic and more commited to serving there father land or how can you explain the galaxy of players on parade that have sacrificed there regular shirt at there various club side to play for their country.

My advice is that it is high time this fat cows at the Glass house vacate there seats and let real professionals run our football instead of mortgage the future of our youth future.All this politician make na leave our football alone b'because my heart is bleeding after the Mali match.

Fellow NAIRALANDERS what do you think and what are your suggestion.because we can't continue like this oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh.
Re: NFA The Bane Of Our Problem by Eclairs: 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2008
Fair say oikhena.

we can only continue to pray but considerin the amount of heartbreak the team has caused me, I guess its only wise to think less of the team. Dnt knw why it breaks my heart when the team luziz. NFA or no NFA, the players should do the work on the pitch. At least, we hvnt heard of the old issues of players allowance not gettin paid. I feel it cms down to the players. They tend to have lost their pride when it comes to playin for the national team. I don't agree they are as patriotic as you think comparin the level of performances they put in for both clubs and country.

Some of us given the privilege to play for the eagles, would do a bta job
Re: NFA The Bane Of Our Problem by ohikhena(m): 4:39pm On Jan 26, 2008
Eclairs,

I agree with ur submission that the super eagles would have done better.But they need a good coach to make them play as a team because from wat i saw yesterday it was just individual play but no team work.Eguaveon did us proud the last tym by bringing the bronze home.this tym around i dont see us gettin even copper. grin grin grin grin

But with all humility the F.A should have encouraged Eguaveon and other indigenous coaches instead of condemning them to playing second fiddle.

Eguaveon would have done better than Vogts whom the F.A got for us think about that ECLAIRS.
Re: NFA The Bane Of Our Problem by McKren(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2008
Ohikhena u probably called the hiring of Berti Vogts criminal out of anger, but the truth is that in fact u have a point.

As a kid and up till date, soccer is the one thing you can wholeheartedly be proud of as a Nigerian. It is the only thing that give Nigerians a cause to dance on the streets regardless of our shortcormings. It is the only thing that you see Nigerians talk about without sentiments, it is effectively the most unifying excersize of our Nation.

Now for personal interests Sani Lulu and co is destroying that one thing which makes us smile as a Nation, and if our football is destroyed am not too sure what else is there to be proud of about Nigeria. So I think his actions are criminal especially when guided by greed and fraud

The trouble is we keep doing the same things and expect different results, it was for a reason that the idea of having an independent FA came to the fore. But before our eyes, Sani Lulu and his cohorts designed an election that will produce a default result. 
When Lulu becomes NFA Chairman, all he does was to start a search for foreign coach after which he had all the time in the world to engage in Power struggle with Obaseki. (reason being he has no work to do and has no vision for Nigerian football).

Recomendations:
1. We need to merge the NFA and NFL to form one solid mega Football Association (FA).

2. People who have a track record with football by either being ex-players themselves or ex-coaches and who have aquired the necessary administrative skills should head this mega FA.

3. The FA should undertake an action plan aimed at transforming our local league, they can in collaboration with the Sports ministry upgrade six stadiums in six different geopolitical zones.

4. They can collaborate with the Media (i.e TV) for quality weekly coverage from these 6 stadiums and then produce a sports channel which people can subscribe to and pay for.

5. We can also innitiate a programme to attract older foreign based players nearing retirement to come home and play. That will boost the excitement in our local league. (At least Rashidi Yekini did it and it did not hurt him).

The future of Nigerian football lies in developing our local league, the idea of depending only on foreign players and assembling them only 2weeks to every tournament hoping that the boys will win if they playout their hearts cant continue. Team cohession and tactical awareness is built over time.

Besides that, there is the economic dimension to this. The success in Nigeria's entertainment industry (movie and music) should be repeated in the soccer industry
Re: NFA The Bane Of Our Problem by Eclairs: 1:10am On Jan 27, 2008
@ Ohikhena

Its easy to say Eguavon cld hv don a beta Job bcs super eagles faired beta the last time he was there and I think you are right to say he cld have been encouraged, but you realise the decision to employ a foreign manager stems from the need to move a step higher and the belief tht a foreign coach wld do a betta job. I'm not against Eguaveon being manager neither do I criticise the NFA for going foreign but the fact remains Berti Volt, lookin at his record was neva going to make the super eagles fly. His last team prior to the super eagles job, Scotland has done better since he was sacked and it beggars belief he was seen as the best man for the job.

Anyway, Its alwz goin to be easy to blame the NFA or the NFL or the FA for the super eagles demise but the fact remains the same. The players more than these so called sportin body, did the damage. They cld hv been offered more on the pitch

Perhaps it's only fair to say Berti was the cheapest Foreign manager they cld afford.

Its really sad and I think Mckren made a strong point. Soccer has been somethin we're passionate about which may explain why we are all touched.

Keep hopin for a betta time. thts all we can do

(1) (Reply)

Euro Player Of The Year Nomination: Epl Players Dominate / Ten Good Reasons To Hate Football Players / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Who's Gonna Win!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.