Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,118 members, 7,973,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:06 AM

What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? (8618 Views)

Epielle Facial Essence Mask / The Essence Or So Of Lightweight Scarves: A Brief Insight. / Where Can I Buy Nature Essence Cream In The U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
@OP I used to be like you until this present security situation. I now use double heavy starch since the Nigerian Police refuse to sell bullet-proof vest to civilians.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Azubreezy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
ubong560: D idea of cloth starching is purely attributed 2 poverty. Poor guys/girls c dis as an avenue 2 make thier clothes looks presentable. Read d origin of starch and u wil knw wat am saying. Dis days, u c guys starching a faded cloth. Wat for? Som of d clothes, u cant easily identify wat colour it was or it is. Na poverty d cause am!!!
U are surely a learner.. U need to starch your brain.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by yuzedo: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Oh yes, I "starch" my boxers when I uncontrollably pour my natural "akamu" after watching p(o)rn in my landlady house.. embarassed
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ayasunmbo:
Buh d rain fit embarrass u smiley

I go use gentle man attitude wakka enta eatery... Or bank sef,
D neares effizzy place.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by OlaHify(f): 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
It gives U a better packaging..its d icing on d cake.. cake is still cake without d icing, but with d icing it appears awesome! Simple!

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by solomonkane(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by yampoo(m): 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
I do starch my shirts cos it brings out the swagg nd gentle man in me.I used cold starch nd when ironing i use Easy-On spray starch.i was introduced to dis starching of clothes by my elder bros and i can proudly and authoritative say i have introduced it to many of my folks and family members. #Noregret#
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by adeshina86: 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
cnt wear clothe witout starch.....it makes me uncon4table in dresses..
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Roon9(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
coolkris: One of my guys for uniben, this guy no fit go anywhere without starching cloth..but i dont think guys should be starching worn out clothes

Word! I jus imbibed D̶̲̥̅̊ habit bƱ† D̶̲̥̅̊ problem is that since i came back 2 school we have not had light. Şŏ◦ Ω̴ǎ steady polo 4 now Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by hustla(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
SparkleanEdge: Starch stiffens the fabric. It is mainly to maintain a long lasting pressed appearance longer into the day.
Starch is better on men's shirts made from cotton or wool materials. Dry-cleaners usually give you AYWI (As You Want It)options - No Starch, Light Starch, Medium Starch, Hard Starch. It is worthy to know that hard starch application kills fabrics gradually as it causes breakage at tough areas like collars, wrists e.t.c.

Starch sure gives your shirts and natives a look of quality and care.

www.sparkleanedge.com www.facebook.com/sparkleanedge

U said it all...starching ur clothes is similar to brand new bo.obs,stands gidigba.. The color, d fabric .. Simply stands out..
Unstarched clothes look really down,no swag,unattractive..like over pressed boo.bie.es.
One of the many things I learnt in CU..
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by GboyegaD(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2012
Before now, I do because my drycleaner does starch my shirts whenever I sent them to him for drycleaning but now, I don't perhaps cos I no longer wear shirts except I am going to a dinner or some official stuffs and I don't see reasons why I should starch my T-Shirts and Polos.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Ndoz(m): 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nwoka: Why do ladies use mascara,why do they rub powder,why do they adjust skirt,why do they carry tissue around,why do they do shakara everytime?? Think before u ask friend!!!
olodo
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by KingSolomonI: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2012
When you starch a cloth that is not worn out,you dont look broke even if ya pocket is empty.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by albacete(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2012
Nwoka: Why do ladies use mascara,why do they rub powder,why do they adjust skirt,why do they carry tissue around,why do they do shakara everytime?? Think before u ask friend!!!

20 Likes

me likey to starchy my clothes.
It makey me to feel goody in 'em clothes. smiley
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by albacete(m): 7:41am On Nov 08, 2012
ashmanpolo: I will really want to know this because these days, the way guys dey starch clothes dey fear me. Some starch sweaters, hanky, singlets and even Boxers (or wrestlers depending on the size of the inner wear).
I see some people On starched clothes and can't help but laf at the way they normly look like drawn statues.
To worsen this, you daren't walk under The rain with starched clothes, else all the flies in dat area will come after you.
So my question is DO YOU STARCH YOUЯ CLOTHES

Easy with the exagerration, bro.
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by ashmanpolo: 8:17am On Nov 08, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: @OP I used to be like you until this present security situation. I now use double heavy starch since the Nigerian Police refuse to sell bullet-proof vest to civilians.

Laugh out loud
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by ashmanpolo: 8:18am On Nov 08, 2012
Azubreezy:
U are surely a learner.. U need to starch your brain.

ROTFLMAO
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by MrNicer: 1:06am On Dec 03, 2012
Just imagine how a guy will look when hear wears a big starched shirt, complete pencil trouser, and a huge supra.

DA BOMB!

It doesn't mean that u must starch anitin u want to wear.

BE FASHION MINDED!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by knwapparels: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2012
Dear Sir,

We Export all tripe ready made garments of stock lot and making fresh order. If you are interested Please let me know.

Regards,
Oly
The Knit & Weave Fashions Ltd.
Dhaka,Bangladesh
Email: knw@admax.com or knwapparels@gmail.com
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by NessaFresh(f): 1:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Imanuelle: Omo, na uniport guys identity º°˚!
If starch no dey, i no dey wear.
Its got a sort of feeling, very cool and prestigious.
Any kind yeye breeze no fit embarrass u.
Ur cloth go tanda for ur body wella, while looking very new.
Are u unique?
Re: What's The Essence Of Starching Clothes? by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 06, 2012
NessaFresh:
Are u unique?

Yeah! I am.

Are U?

(1) (2) (Reply)

‎1 Brazillian Hair = 68 Bags Of Cement. Let your Boyfriend Be A Landlord / Products To Grow Long Nigerian Hair!!!! / James Bond Watch - Rolex GMT Master Pepsi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.