Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,402 members, 7,891,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:37 PM

What Jesus Said About Muhammad - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Jesus Said About Muhammad (1092 Views)

Is This True About Muhammad? / Honest Question About Muhammad (PBUH) / Muslim Threatens To Hang Christians For Speaking About Muhammad On Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Jesus Said About Muhammad by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 25, 2012
This page was written by my brother in Islam Ali (may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him).  I have modified some of it, but most of it is from his work.  

Muhammad was predicted to come in the Gospel of John:

Just a quick note, the Arabic word "Muhammad" is an expression which means "The honorable one" or "The glorified one" or "The admirable".  Prophet Muhammad was the first in the Middle East to be named "Muhammad".  Below, you will see how Jesus in today's Gospel of John had called this human Prophet which he predicted his comming "The honorable one".

Jesus in the Greek Bible used the Greek word "Periklytos" which means the admirable or glorified one. He called that predicted human prophet "Periklytos".  This word corresponds exactly to the Arabic word "Muhammad" which also means the "admired one" or "glorified one." In other words, "Periklytos" is "Muhammad" in Greek.

Let us start...

In the Bible we can find the following four passages wherein Jesus (peace be upon him) predicts a great event:

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"
( its in light of Jesus prayer we have Muhammad who is last and the seal of the prophet till the world will no longer exist)

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"
( Muhammad pbuh testified to jesus Christ pbuh and he says who ever among the Muslims malign Jesus pbuh is not part of him Quran in sura maida said a many thing about Jesus pbuh in Quran 5 - 116:120 and aural Mariam Quran 19 - 29:40

John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

( prophet Muhammad pbuh has taught many things as regard God, this life and the hereafter. An American Philip Kaitlin ranked him number one among the people who had more impact on the lives of people)

John 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you."

Jesus peace be upon him said he shall not speak for himself and whenever Muhammad wants to speak he start with the name of Allah the merciful Bismilahi Ramon Raheem. Jesus also said he shal glorify me islam is the only religion that Gives glory to Jesus by saying peace be upon him each time his name is mentioned . Not ready to argue further but I need to show u the way the truth, the life and the hereafter religion
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 10:31am On Oct 26, 2012
You people are only misinterpreting the Bible.

John 15:16 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

Question:

.....that he may abide with you for ever. Did Mohammed abide with Muslims for ever?

Mohammed was born about 650 years after the above statement. How was he (if a Comforter) a promise to Jesus disciples who had died before his birth?

John 15:17 - Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.

Questions:

Even the Spirit of truth who the world seeth not neither knoweth him. Did people not see Mohammed? Did people not know him? This shows the Comforter is a Spirit that cannot be seen with physical eyes.

John 15:26 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Questions:

But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost. Do you refer to a human being as Holy Ghost? Do you call a man Ghost?

.....''but the Comforter who the Father will send in my name''. Is Allah a father as he has no children? Allah is another deity, not the ''Father'' who Jesus said was to send the Comforter.

......''he (Comforter) shall teach you all things and bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE, whatever I have said unto you''. The question here is 'what were the things Jesus said?' What did he tell us about revenge, love, peace, marriage, sonship of God, the description of heaven etc. Did Mohammed come to bring the same teachings to our REMEMBRANCE? Instead he brought a totaly different message. How is Mohammed message a REMEMBRANCE of the word of Jesus on revenge, marriage, love, peace, sonship of God, heaven etc?

Mohammed came killing, maiming and holding people as captives, is this the rememberance of the word of Jesus who said we should not slap talkless of killing?

You muslims are only trying to legitimise the prophethood of Mohammed and it has failed.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by atuagbo: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2012
@op, if Muhammad is the promised Comforter, why does it took him about 650yrs to come?
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by Sweetnecta: 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
@atuagbo:
by atuagbo: 7:03pm
@op, if Muhammad is the promised Comforter, why does it took him about 650yrs to come?
same reason is taking Jesus over 2000 years and still counting.

they both have a MASTER WHOSE TIME is THE REAL TIME.

Jesus of the Bible promised to return right away. His Master has not released him to return.
The Master determines when Muhammad [sa] would come; 600 years after Jesus thought he would be there right away, even before him who was just gonna return before all the 12 perished.

The 12 have been perished for close to 2000 years now and Jesus never returned and yet to return. and I pray he does not return in my lifetime. Amin. even if i spend another 100 years plus my present age.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
Sweetnecta

You have come again. We are talking about muslims' erroneous claim that Mohommed is the Comforter, a fruitless effort to legitimise his prophethood and you are talking about Jesus' return. How are they related? When will you stop these irrelevancies?

Is it because of lack of defence you always divert to different topics to muddle up things? I have sufficiently proved above that Mohammed is not the Comforter. Period.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by Sweetnecta: 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2012
@truthman2012:
by truthman2012: 10:31am
You people are only misinterpreting the Bible.

John 15:16 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

Question:

.....that he may abide with you for ever. Did Mohammed abide with Muslims for ever?
Yes. Muhammad [sa] is here in my heart and by the Quran of his Lord [SWT] upon him and his sunnah. Muhammad [sa] is here abiding forever in my life as each of the prophets before him [as] including Jesus son of Mary [as] who immediately preceded him is abiding forever by the same Quran of God. I dont know their truth outside the Quran and whatever Muhammad [sa] gave me about them. You seem to enjoy pain. this should be a pleasant surprise and a welcoming gift.

Mohammed was born about 650 years after the above statement. How was he (if a Comforter) a promise to Jesus disciples who had died before his birth?
Man {Jesus in this case] proposes, but God Almighty disposes in His Own time. Jesus also promised he will return before the disciples would all died. Unless you dont know that death means not walking the surface of the earth as a man with body and soul carrying the body, the disciples are long gone and Jesus never returned in their lifetime, because you expecting him, even now in your lifetime based on his promise to the disciples. Or do you have a verse where he promised he will return for you truthman2012?

John 15:17 - Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.
the world that couldnt receive hi was the jewish world of stiff necked disbelievers. They disbelieved even in Jesus and God gave glory to the people they have rejected as unlettered, unworthy.

Questions:

Even the Spirit of truth who the world seeth not neither knoweth him. Did people not see Mohammed? Did people not know him? This shows the Comforter is a Spirit that cannot be seen with physical eyes.
when Jesus was speaking, if that was his exact speech, the world of the jews among others before him knew there is such a thing called holy spirit, even holy ghost as he mounted Mary according to the Bible verse of overshadowing and coming upon her. The jews and the world did not know about Muhammad nor saw him, except the little Jesus spoke about him. That should give you more pain.

John 15:26 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
notice that the statement as you believe it is addressed to the disciples. so lets start, what did he teach them from the all things teaching? name just one. one will be enough from the all. did the disciples forget anything that they need anyone to bring something Jesus said to their remembrance that quick? name one thing that he brought to their remembrance. one will be enough, also.

Questions:

But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost. Do you refer to a human being as Holy Ghost? Do you call a man Ghost?
only one time he said ghost and many times he said spirit. i will take the many times over 1 time unless you are disagreeing with Jesus wherein even the disciples said prophet of God is a spirit from God. holy prophet is holy spirit [sa].

.....''but the Comforter who the Father will send in my name''. Is Allah a father as he has no children? Allah is another deity, not the ''Father'' who Jesus said was to send the Comforter.
Allah is not a father, neither is Yahweh the husband of Mary the mother of prophet Jesus. You have a choice: Jesus is a messenger of God or Mary is the wife of Yahweh and the reason you call Jesus the son of Yahweh.

......''he (Comforter) shall teach you all things and bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE, whatever I have said unto you''. The question here is 'what were the things Jesus said?' What did he tell us about revenge, love, peace, marriage, sonship of God, the description of heaven etc. Did Mohammed come to bring the same teachings to our REMEMBRANCE? Instead he brought a totaly different message. How is Mohammed message a REMEMBRANCE of the word of Jesus on revenge, marriage, love, peace, sonship of God, heaven etc?
were you peter, john or judas or whih of the 12 are you since you are saying "US"? i thought after death, judgment? but you are telling the muslims you a reincarnate which will be a hindu's idea. note that it will show that teacher or students or both are awful that students will need a tutor after their professor left just now. you will not say Yahweh chose bad students who forgot so soon that another comforter was necessary right away? you will not accept the report of such horrifically bad students or will you?

now lets go to Muhammad [sa]. read the above. again. the another comforter which is holy spirit [sa] will hear and repeat what he heard. he will teach all things, including reminding them the exact truth without the lies on Jesus. i am sure that if Jesus had taught everything, the holy spirit [sa] will not be expected to teach all things or do you disagree with me, here on this teaching all things?

Mohammed came killing, maiming and holding people as captives, is this the rememberance of the word of Jesus who said we should not slap talkless of killing?
this is part of the new things in the all things because only deserving to die were killed, unlike what we learnt from the old testament part of the bibles where everything that moves is to be killed, including animals.

You muslims are only trying to legitimise the prophethood of Mohammed and it has failed.
its your love of pain that has not helped your heavy heart to know the truth. enjoy this pain as well. at some point, you will have to give up when it overwhelms you.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2012
Why do you people refer to the Bible as you say it is corrupted. Why do you want to use the same Bible to legitimise the prophethood of Muhammed wrongly by saying he was the Holy Ghost. You can see yourself.

Because there was no prophecy about his coming which make people believe he was a false prophet, you want to draw an evidence from what you say is corrupted. Or what is your need trying to establish him as the Holy Ghost if not for legitimacy.

By the way, did Mohammed tell you he is the Holy Ghost? He was a Ghost ? Is it in quran or hadith? Why are you calling him what is not. If he was the Holy Ghost, what is Gabriel/Allah? Holy Man?
Did Gabriel forget to tell you Mohammed was the Comforter?
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by tintingz(m): 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
atuagbo: @op, if Muhammad is the promised Comforter, why does it took him about 650yrs to come?
why those it took long centuries for Jesus to come of all the old testament prophecies
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by tintingz(m): 3:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
truthman2012: Why do you people refer to the Bible as you say it is corrupted. Why do you want to use the same Bible to legitimise the prophethood of Muhammed wrongly by saying he was the Holy Ghost. You can see yourself.
Because there was no prophecy about his coming which make people believe he was a false prophet, you want to draw an evidence from what you say is corrupted. Or what is your need trying to establish him as the Holy Ghost if not for legitimacy.
By the way, did Mohammed tell you he is the Holy Ghost? He was a Ghost ? Is it in quran or hadith? Why are you calling him what is not. If he was the Holy Ghost, what is Gabriel/Allah? Holy Man?
Did Gabriel forget to tell you Mohammed was the Comforter?
Jesus said spirit not holyghost and as we all know holyghost as been in existence since genesis. . .why then Jesus said "if i don't go the comforter won't come" the holyspirit is already in Jesus and his disciples. .
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
Sweetnecta:

You have left some important questions unanswered. I repeat:

Why are you muslims using the Bible you alleged is corrupted to legitimise the prophethood of Mohammed by calling him the Comforter?

Do you now need to legitimise his prophethood looking for evidence and find none and your last resort is the Bible?

Do you now believe the Bible as you take evidence from it?

Did your quran or hadith say Mohammed was the promised Comforter?

Did Gabriel forget to tell you muslims that Mohammed is your comforter?

Instead of showing God's power as a prophet, was he not messing himself around with a little girl, sleeping with slaves (women) and taking another man's wife? Are these not evidences of a false prophet? The comforter indeed.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by tintingz(m): 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^^ i will only reply you with one question. . . Why do christians pick prophecies from the Jews Talmud scriptures(old testament) to claim Jesus coming??
Note: Jews don't believe in Jesus as the coming Messiah.

1 Like

Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
You people use the same diversionary method to escape when you have no defence.

The thread is about Mohammed being the Comforter or not and you jumped to another topic. Intelligent readers know you are shying away from the truth.

Answer my questions first to defend your claim or better call your master, Sweetnecta to answer relevantly and open a thread on your new topic.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by tintingz(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^ since the topic involve Jesus then dsame question goes with the prophecies of Jesus in Jews book. . .BTW sweetnecta have answered you
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
Sweetnecta

I asked some questions above directed to you, when you did not answer, I had to repeat them separately .Why are you silent? Don't run away please. Thank you.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by tintingz(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
truthman2012: Sweetnecta:
You have left some important questions unanswered. I repeat:
Why are you muslims using the Bible you alleged is corrupted to legitimise the prophethood of Mohammed by calling him the Comforter?
yes the bible is corrupted(jeremiah said it) and muslims only follow the scriptures in the bible that goes with the Quran scriptures and hadiths.
Do you now need to legitimise his prophethood looking for evidence and find none and your last resort is the Bible?
muslims are trying to open your eyes to see the truth that prophet Mohammed(SAW) was fortold in the bible since the bible is many years before the Quran was known to mankind. . .it's already written and said by Jesus(AS) in the Quran that a prophet is coming after him, his name will be "Ahmed" known to be "Mohammed"
Do you now believe the Bible as you take evidence from it?
i only believe in the part that goes with the Quran
Did your quran or hadith say Mohammed was the promised Comforter?
yes! He is "Ahmed" you can read the op post and see the meaning of the greek word pereklito
Did Gabriel forget to tell you muslims that Mohammed is your comforter?
Read above
Instead of showing God's power as a prophet, was he not messing himself around with a little girl, sleeping with slaves (women) and taking another man's wife? Are these not evidences of a false prophet? The comforter indeed.
if he was not a prophet how come the arabs accepted him as the coming prophet even the jews and christians in mecca at that time accepted our beloved prophet(SAW), he is now accepted by many people around the world and more are still converting to Islam till date, Jesus was not even accepted by many when he was alive. . .so what makes him a false prophet, he married, give to needy, freed the slaves and so other good things which make many people to accept him. . .He was married to one wife Khadija(RA) until her death and later Aish(RA) was betrothed to him this is the culture norm of the Arabs and Jews if not why can't we read from any mecca pagan insulting our beloved Prophet of paedophila or was Joseph the carpenter insulted a paedophila for marrying 10-12 yr old Mary?? BTW our great great mothers were given out to our great great fathers when they are 9-12 years of age(begining age of maturity at that time) are we to call our fathers paedophila??

1 Like

Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by LagosShia: 10:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad?
https://www.nairaland.com/1009884/why-muslims-think-comforter-jesus

"Who Is The "comforter" In The Bible And Why"?
https://www.nairaland.com/871478/us-christian-jewish-actor-director-sean#10351101
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
tintingz: yes the bible is corrupted(jeremiah said it) and muslims only follow the scriptures in the bible that goes with the Quran scriptures and hadiths.
muslims are trying to open your eyes to see the truth that prophet Mohammed(SAW) was fortold in the bible since the bible is many years before the Quran was known to mankind. . .it's already written and said by Jesus(AS) in the Quran that a prophet is coming after him, his name will be "Ahmed" known to be "Mohammed"
i only believe in the part that goes with the Quran
yes! He is "Ahmed" you can read the op post and see the meaning of the greek word pereklito
Read above
if he was not a prophet how come the arabs accepted him as the coming prophet even the jews and christians in mecca at that time accepted our beloved prophet(SAW), he is now accepted by many people around the world and more are still converting to Islam till date, Jesus was not even accepted by many when he was alive. . .so what makes him a false prophet, he married, give to needy, freed the slaves and so other good things which make many people to accept him. . .He was married to one wife Khadija(RA) until her death and later Aish(RA) was betrothed to him this is the culture norm of the Arabs and Jews if not why can't we read from any mecca pagan insulting our beloved Prophet of paedophila or was Joseph the carpenter insulted a paedophila for marrying 10-12 yr old Mary?? BTW our great great mothers were given out to our great great fathers when they are 9-12 years of age(begining age of maturity at that time) are we to call our fathers paedophila??

It is easy for the arabs and anyone to accept Mohammed and islam because the religion tallies with fallen human nature. The nature of sin. This is the condition satan wants everybody to be.

Since you can commit ANY se.xual sin, mary as many wives and at end go to paradise full of virgins so that you can continue your immorality in front of your allah. How would carnal people not like it? It doest not cost anything to be a muslim. Only worship allah and continue in sin. Very simple.

When you die you will discover that paradise does not accomodate sinners and that any soul that sins will perish in hell.
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 28, 2012
@ sweetn and tintinz all that we Need is to convey the message God said to prophet Muhammed PBUH that it is your own to convey the message of Islam to them and not to compel them accept islam. He ( Allah) is the only one that guides to the truth and leads astray who ever he wishes
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by LagosShia: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2012
truthman2012:

It is easy for the arabs and anyone to accept Mohammed and islam because the religion tallies with fallen human nature. The nature of sin. This is the condition satan wants everybody to be.

Since you can commit ANY se.xual sin, mary as many wives and at end go to paradise full of virgins so that you can continue your immorality in front of your allah. How would carnal people not like it? It doest not cost anything to be a muslim. Only worship allah and continue in sin. Very simple.

When you die you will discover that paradise does not accomodate sinners and that any soul that sins will perish in hell.

Why do you like to spill your mess and ignorance in every thread? This is currently been discussed is another thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1086175/today-anti-islam-topic-paedophila
Re: What Jesus Said About Muhammad by truthman2012(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2012
LagosShia:

Why do you like to spill your mess and ignorance in every thread? This is currently been discussed is another thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1086175/today-anti-islam-topic-paedophila

LagosShia

You are only being biased. Was I the one who opened this thread? Look up and see your mistake...

Besides, have you not seen your muslim brothers repeating the same post even on the same page or you just looked away from it? Who is now ignorant?

(1) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Stadium Gets First Mosque / Mood In Funtua,katsina State Country Home Abdul Farouk's Family Is Sad / Pls Teach Me Arabic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.