Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,283 members, 7,950,473 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages (70923 Views)

This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp / Picture Of Corpers (ladies) Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by oladayo042: 8:26am On Oct 26, 2012
So many quite interesting experiences on here. I'm subscribing.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2012
I was posted to Community Secondary School Iziogo, Izzi LGA- Ebonyi state. After the mandatory three weeks at Sharon Camp, Izzi, my journey to Iziogo began. Iziogo is about 6 hours from Abakaliki, when I arrived the school, all I had in mind was to be rejected by the principal but really never had a genuine reason for this request except the often cited reasons of No road network, no portable drinking water and no health centre. The female students were quite attractive and their innocence was written all over their faces. I decided on a late change of tactics and told the principal that the reason I want a rejection letter is because I can't cope with these female students, I would definitely impregnate them since I do not have self control when it comes to women. After my reason, the principal shouted "JESUS" and instantly rejected me.

Then I began my journey to search for a PPA in Abakaliki and settled for Abakaliki High School (after much politicking and negotiations with the principal). Abakaliki was so hostile to corps members, we were robbed at random and snatching of phones from corps members at gunpoint became the order of the day around Nnorom axis (where the family house is situated). Cult clashes were frequent as well as gang wars.

I befriended an EBSU students; Onyinye who gave me so much love leading to my moving out of my corpers lodge at PRESCO to her one room apartment at Old Enugu road. No sooner had this happened than I impregnated her and the journey for an abortion begun. . .

To be continued.

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2012
^^ maybe u should just start the novel already.
Mstchew

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by greatdave(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=Dr. Wise]I was posted to Community Secondary School Iziogo, Izzi LGA- Ebonyi state. After the mandatory three weeks at Sharon Camp, Izzi, my journey to Iziogo began. Iziogo is about 6 hours from Abakaliki, when I arrived the school, all I had in mind was to be rejected by the principal but really never had a genuine reason for this request except the often cited reasons of No road network, no portable drinking water and no health centre. The female students were quite attractive and their innocence was written all over their faces. I decided on a late change of tactics and told the principal that the reason I want a rejection letter is because I can't cope with these female students, I would definitely impregnate them since I do not have self control when it comes to women. After my reason, the principal shouted "JESUS" and instantly rejected me.

Then I began my journey to search for a PPA in Abakaliki and settled for Abakaliki High School (after much politicking and negotiations with the principal). Abakaliki was so hostile to corps members, we were robbed at random and snatching of phones from corps members at gunpoint became the order of the day around Nnorom axis (where the family house is situated). Cult clashes were frequent as well as gang wars.

I befriended an EBSU students; Onyinye who gave me so much love leading to my moving out of my corpers lodge at PRESCO to her one room apartment at Old Enugu road. No sooner had this happened than I impregnated her and the journey for an abortion begun. . .

To be continued.[/quote
Story dat touches the soul...u no serious angry[quote author=Dr. Wise]I was posted to Community Secondary School Iziogo, Izzi LGA- Ebonyi state. After the mandatory three weeks at Sharon Camp, Izzi, my journey to Iziogo began. Iziogo is about 6 hours from Abakaliki, when I arrived the school, all I had in mind was to be rejected by the principal but really never had a genuine reason for this request except the often cited reasons of No road network, no portable drinking water and no health centre. The female students were quite attractive and their innocence was written all over their faces. I decided on a late change of tactics and told the principal that the reason I want a rejection letter is because I can't cope with these female students, I would definitely impregnate them since I do not have self control when it comes to women. After my reason, the principal shouted "JESUS" and instantly rejected me.

To be continued.[/quote
Story dat touches the soul...u no serious
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by kinguwem: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2012
Nuezha:
FROM EXPERIENCE, a girl can only talk shamelessly like that when you've CLIMBED her. You're a disgrace if you ever did that.
As charming as I was 7yrs ago, I didn't date a female corp member let alone descending so low to mingle with underage.
I'm disappointed in your comment. You have exhibited some level of immaturity. Life isn't the way you think. You need to grow up. Best wishes. Barka da Sallah!
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by albacete(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2012
any body serve for niger state? let's meet.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 26, 2012
enuelly: I want to influence my service to lagos, people who serve in lagos should please share their experience to inform my decision. Thanks
get ready for worst of lagos traffic, if you are unlucky to be posted to etiosa 2. there's a sadistic lgi...minima...
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by greatdave(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2012
enuelly: I want to influence my service to lagos, people who serve in lagos should please share their experience to inform my decision. Thanks
So with al dz intriguing stories u've read here,ur stil thinking of influencing ur posting?? Wel gud luck to u bruv. Wish u culd give urself a taste of adventure though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Bj5all(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2012
it really fun serving in rural areas, spend less, neighbours showering u with foodstuffs, quite and peaceful enviromental, Bàbà GÔD noni
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Justypeters: 12:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
I had a nice experience at Adamawa state.At first i was posted to NTA for my Primary assignment and was rejected as a result of accommodation,then was re-posted to ministry of information Yola and was also rejected with the same excuse.Finally i found myself in a Village called Shelleng.The school i served is GSS and i happened to be the only English teacher teaching jss1 to ss3.It was something else as the students were not ready to learn.I must confess that the experience made me to have a different perception of the Hausas.They were very friendly and accommodating maybe because Adamawa state was not predominantly muslims
There was no network then,the only manpower tape water is located in the school premises hence we didnt have water problem but believe me the villagers drink shit in the name of water.I was surprised also to discover that there are still places in the state that people go about naked with only leaves covered their private parts.But in all it was a good experience to have served in the village because the city couldnt have given me all the opportunities to learn the culture.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by enuelly: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
greatdave:
So with al dz intriguing stories u've read here,ur stil thinking of influencing ur posting?? Wel gud luck to u bruv. Wish u culd give urself a taste of adventure though

Intriguing stories they really are, an adventure I would love to have my fair share but I have a family that needs me for that I can't afford to go too far. That's why I need to know what lagos got in store.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by barikay: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2012
achi4u: hahahahagringrin @dat police duties there.

but op spill the beans nah...which state?
such a place exist in almost all d state.
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
All these talk talk talk......no pictures? surely y'all had camera fones na......anywayz, i didnt forget to take a pic and i dont intend ever going back there.....that same water we used to drink, wash and toilet in.......no house had a toilet, just bushes and the stream.....the few houses thar managed to have toilet was pit latrines, you'll see roaches sitting on top of it......i could go on.....was terrible...what made it worthwhile was i met a lot of wonderful people (corpers o!) the villagers were very hostile.....ive stayed in Aluu before and Aluu is far better than this village in Enugu state........

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Rooneyboy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
enuelly:

Intriguing stories they really are, an adventure I would love to have my fair share but I have a family that needs me for that I can't afford to go too far. That's why I need to know what lagos got in store.

believe u me bro there's no fun in lagos .

I would rather leave my posting for destiny to prevail if I were u.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Sleek05(f): 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
@berekete86, wat village in enugu cuz I served in Enugu 2...so many ppl had nice experiences, mine was opposite. I served in one stupid schl in ozzi Edem, nsukka, enugu state. My landlady 4one, a jobless old woman tot I was actin lyk d president's daughter. She made my life miserable, she complained abt everythn. Den she had a son or nephew dat wanted 2 toast a colleague, I found it so insultive...d ppl in d village were mean, no1 sends u if ure a corper or not, any lil brush my colleague gets in2, dey start claimin indigene...havin a motorbike was d in-thing. Evry1 includin females rode okada. Twas so surprising seein females (married ones and cute ladies) ridin bikes, even our teacher colleagues in school. Every1 beefed us, felt we were 2 young. Absolutely no respect 4us.... I'm so happy I finished there peacefully cuz I insulted some ppl and flogged some winchy students. All in all tis an experience I'l never 4get!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by oc2fish: 11:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
My ppa was at Gashua in Yobe State. The people call 50naira note yobe. They like copers i served in the local govt. On my first night i woke up 4am and dressed for work becos by this time it is like 12 noon in lagos. No phone or laptop at the end of the month the chairman share money to everybody in the town and wait for next allocation. Got involve with NCCF and preach in the villages around.
Yobe was peaceful then except that some times people from neibouring countries use to attack travellers. Gashua is about 9hrs from kano in a dirty tata bus. The Delta people their were friendly and accomodating while all the bizness were owened and manage by the ibos. It was 1999. Nice time
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 1:09am On Oct 27, 2012
Hahahahah... Dis has gt me laffing so damn hard...... OMG . R~=))O ~=))L~=))L~=))¡ ~=))N~=))G~=)). Hahahahahah ▬▬▬▬▬▶
yuzedo:

grin grin grin grin

Jokes aside tho... Una English na die! All of una graduate? And una dey go teach future leaders?? ƪoƪ! It is finished! cheesy
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 1:31am On Oct 27, 2012
davades:

Mask*********mast
Loadge*******Lodge
Gbagaun........see our corper
hahahahah....... =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))  =)) ˚°◦hahahaha <//>.
_\\_ .... Our corpers no sabi English again o.. R~=))O ~=))L~=))L~=))¡ ~=))N~=))G~=)) hhehehehheheh
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by InvertedHammer: 1:33am On Oct 27, 2012
greatdave: When i first got to my PPA(Place of primary assignment), i was like wtf?! No lite(No electric poles anywhre),No pipe-borne water and Flunctuating Network? I thought to myself,hw in d world will i survive here...But 3months on,its been fun. Unparalelled hospitality,simple lifestyle and serene environment.
Students in d school i teach[s]-where 90% of ss3 stdnts cant communicate effectively in english-absent themselves for the flimsiest reasons[/s]:rain,market days/burials are unofficial public holidays. The major cases dealt with by d 'police station' in d village are goat/chicken theft,farmland trespassing,poligamy fights. Hoping to make some serious positive impact b4 i leave nxt year...pls feel free to share your experiences

For someone who is a graduate and out to teach some unfortunate students in some rural area somewhere, your grasp of grammar is very "outstanding" in every sense of it.\g

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 2:24am On Oct 27, 2012
Themaingate:

guy na how many years you take do NYSC ?

YOU ARE A DISGRACE
.... Hahhaaaa... I don laff pieces 4 dis thread ..heheheheh grin
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 2:41am On Oct 27, 2012
ferdiii:

1 of your students...ode graduate.
hahahahahah...... Guys mean gannn 4 dis thread o ......
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by legendprac(m): 5:07am On Oct 27, 2012
Nuezha:
FROM EXPERIENCE, a girl can only talk shamelessly like that when you've CLIMBED her. You're a disgrace if you ever did that.
As charming as I was 7yrs ago, I didn't date a female corp member let alone descending so low to mingle with underage.

it's a shame if he did climb her. But, I don't entire agree wt u, mehn u need to see how shameless some female student can be these days, esp in riverine areas... U will ask u n even plead wit u to sleep wt dem, even wen u r trying to keep dem @ arms length...
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by toygod2: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2012
Sleek05(f): Quote Post

@berekete86, wat village in enugu cuz I served in Enugu 2...so many ppl had nice experiences, mine was opposite. I served in one silly schl in ozzi Edem, nsukka, enugu state. My landlady 4one, a jobless old woman tot I was actin lyk d president's daughter. She made my life miserable, she complained abt everythn. Den she had a son or nephew dat wanted 2 toast a colleague, I found it so insultive...d ppl in d village were mean, no1 sends u if ure a corper or not, any lil brush my colleague gets in2, dey start claimin indigene...havin a motorbike was d in-thing. Evry1 includin females rode okada. Twas so surprising seein females (married ones and cute ladies) ridin bikes, even our teacher colleagues in school. Every1 beefed us, felt we were 2 young. Absolutely no respect 4us.... I'm so happy I finished there peacefully cuz I insulted some ppl and flogged some winchy students. All in all tis an experience I'l never 4get!
.................sorry sis, i really feel for you. Life itself ,is not a bed of roses bt thank God its over and now thing of the past. ALL THE BEST
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2012
you have said it all ooooo..........i was also under Nsukka zone, Isi uzo, to be precise.....mehn, for that place if you buy okada, you don be gbogbo bigz gals grin and the road nko? very muddy, oncwe a car drives past you, everything you're wearing turns brown......and their people sabi mad......enof mad people, God forbid
Sleek05: @berekete86, wat village in enugu cuz I served in Enugu 2...so many ppl had nice experiences, mine was opposite. I served in one stupid schl in ozzi Edem, nsukka, enugu state. My landlady 4one, a jobless old woman tot I was actin lyk d president's daughter. She made my life miserable, she complained abt everythn. Den she had a son or nephew dat wanted 2 toast a colleague, I found it so insultive...d ppl in d village were mean, no1 sends u if ure a corper or not, any lil brush my colleague gets in2, dey start claimin indigene...havin a motorbike was d in-thing. Evry1 includin females rode okada. Twas so surprising seein females (married ones and cute ladies) ridin bikes, even our teacher colleagues in school. Every1 beefed us, felt we were 2 young. Absolutely no respect 4us.... I'm so happy I finished there peacefully cuz I insulted some ppl and flogged some winchy students. All in all tis an experience I'l never 4get!
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
InvertedHammer:

For someone who is a graduate and out to teach some unfortunate students in some rural area somewhere, your grasp of grammar is very "outstanding" in every sense of it.\g

nawa for u oh. Wetin na
are we training robots in universities or wat? Give urself space abeg, u r obviously choked up

1 Like

Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Wunmiesen: 6:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
I served in Ijio village, the most remote village I'v ever bn to. The first two months were terrible but later adjusted to the system. Founded a church there and also adopted a boy. I miss the villagers so much though its only bn a month since I left. If u ar anywhere near Ijio kindly stop by especially if u have an eye for charcoal business. wink
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
mercato: Bros na Geology mapping?

yea actually Geology and Geophysics mapping
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
Re: Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
greatdave: .
Granites no dey dull! So u enta dat syd too...badt guyses. Anyways,wat skul did u finish frm or still in(if u arent thru)?

finished my Bsc 2008,(physics, Delta State University) but currently running a postgraduate program at FUTA,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How A "Daughter Of Nobody" Mistakenly Got Posted To NNPC, Gombe & What She Faced / Muhammad Musa And Hauwa Bagudu: 2 Corpers Wed In Kano (Photos) / NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp In Mbaukwu/Umuawulu Anambra Launched By Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.