Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,349 members, 7,937,061 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

France In Africa-my,my,my! Any French W.africans In Nairaland? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France In Africa-my,my,my! Any French W.africans In Nairaland? (497 Views)

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / Difference Between Nigeria And France In Pictures / Lord Lugard And His Impression Of Nigerians And Africans In General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

France In Africa-my,my,my! Any French W.africans In Nairaland? by kikuyu1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
We Anglo Africans here in E.Africa down south and elsewhere in Zim and Zambia frequently complain about political & economic neocolonialism,with good reason. However I've just read smth that shocked me twice. When I first read it and after I confirmed it.
In what must be the most egregious lopsided economic agreements in history the 'independence' leaders of these countries allowed a deal [b]whereby they deposit the equivalent of 85% of their annual reserves [/b]in these accounts as a matter of post-colonial agreements and have never been given an accounting for how much the French are holding on their behalf, in what have these funds been invested, and what profit or loss there have been
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/09/will-france-repay-her-ex-colonies-400bn.html

This sum is now 400 bn euros!! Its true the 3rd world is actually a creditor to the West but GODDDAAMMMMN! I've always known the French were ruthless,look how they sparked a civil war last year in Cote de Ivoire or Congo Brazzaville in 97 or any of their armed incursions into their former colonies.
IIRC,only Wade raised the issue and the question to the Cameroonians,Beninois,Ivoriennes,Senegalese or other Francophones is this:
-what are you and your leaders doing about this?
-have you truly accepted such an intolerable situation for all this time?

(1) (Reply)

Revolution will Consume Religious Leaders / [Audio] Senators Rebuke Colleague Who Acknowledged Their Fat Salaries / Why I Didn’t Reinstate Salami –jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.