Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,827 members, 7,889,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:26 PM

Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? (1482 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / OLAADEGBU, You Are Soiling DEEPER LIFE Reputation With Manipulation! / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by 0773H: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2012

Yummy, typical full English breakfast.

From this breakfast plate, which out of sausage, bacon and black pudding is now OK to eat and why or why not?
You can throw in ham sandwich, pepperoni, barbecue spare ribs, sweet & sour pork, hotdog, belly pork etc in the mix
however more particular about or interested in black pudding

Acts 15:28-29 NLT
28 "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit
and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements
29 You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood
or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.
If you do this, you will do well. Farewell."

Acts 21:25 NLT
"As for the Gentile believers, they should do what we already told them in a letter:
They should abstain from eating food offered to idols,
from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals,
and from sexual immorality."

Acts 21:25 KJV
And concerning the Gentiles who believe,
we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing,
except only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols,
and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by JeSoul(f): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lol@topic,
the only thing that is NOT okay to eat on that plate is the egg. The darn thing is not cooked enough tongue grin

Seriously, those verses you quoted should be taken in context of living in a certain society and certain foods/practices going hand in hand - the problem is not necessarily the food - but rather what the consumption of the food in that context and in that setting (offered to idols) would imply - that you approved of and served the idol. If you took those verses literally then what would you do with this one?

1 Timothy 4 >>
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods , which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

1 Like

Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by tpia5: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy, macdaddy, abdulsleek, cheers01, etc.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
tpia@:
Logicboy, macdaddy, abdulsleek, cheers01, etc.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by tpia5: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
Btw, op

Why are you so fascinated with the english?
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by 0773H: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
tpia@:
Btw, op
Why are you so fascinated with the english?

Why?
The European fascination of black pudding
and to question the validity of eating black pudding
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by plappville(f): 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
JeSoul: Lol@topic,
the only thing that is NOT okay to eat on that plate is the egg. The darn thing is not cooked enough tongue grin

Seriously, those verses you quoted should be taken in context of living in a certain society and certain foods/practices going hand in hand - the problem is not necessarily the food - but rather what the consumption of the food in that context and in that setting (offered to idols) would imply - that you approved of and served the idol. If you took those verses literally then what would you do with this one?

1 Timothy 4 >>[size=14pt]
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods , which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. [/size]

I just learnt something from this chapter you posted, thanks.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by 0773H: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
JeSoul: Lol@topic,

1 Timothy 4:1-4 NIV >>

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.
4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer

Except for black pudding others are red herrings, intended to be misleading or distracting.

So it can be taken you are down with eating black pudding then?

and that 1 Timothy 4:1-4 is your validation?
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by OmoAlata(f): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
Black pudding has got blood in it. Yuck. I tried haggis once. The foulest thing I've ever tasted lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
i tend to go on myself as a literalist, so i wouldn't eat black pudding since it has blood, and i know. there is no unclean animal as God has cleansed them. Is it sin to eat any of the opined? NO. is it OK for me? No. For others, i do not know.

1 Like

Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
WELL SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, AS A PROPHET OF YASHARAHLA FROM THE TRIBE OF YEHUDAH, THAT WILL BE JUDAH FOR THE UNENLIGHTENED, MOST OF THE FOODS UP THEIR ARE ABOMINABLE TO ME
1-THE BLACK PUDDING IS PIGS BLOOD ( LEVITICUS 17 VS 13 )
2-SAUSAGE IS ABOMINABLE
3-MUSHROOMS IS ABOMINABLE.
4-BACON IS ABOMINABLE
5-THE EGG IS NOT PROPERLY COOKED AKA SALMONELLA AND HENCE IS ABOMINABLE

I WILL SOONER EAT THE CONTENTS OF AN OFFICE DUSTBIN THAT ALL THAT ABOMINABLE FILTH UP THERE angry grin
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by CrazyMan(m): 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2012
I reserve my comment for now...
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 26, 2012
Interesting! Subscribing.......
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by Joagbaje(m): 7:01am On Oct 26, 2012
0773H:

From this breakfast plate, which out of sausage, bacon and black pudding is now OK to eat and why or why not?
You can throw in ham sandwich, pepperoni, barbecue spare ribs, sweet & sour pork, hotdog, belly pork etc in the mix
however more particular about or interested in black pudding[/n]

I don't really understand the thread well . But if it's about eating right. All things are lawful. But all may not be profitable.

1Corinthians 10:23-24
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
0773H:

however more particular about or interested in black pudding

Acts 15:28-29 NLT
28 "For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit
and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements
29 You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood
or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.
If you do this, you will do well. Farewell."

Acts 21:25 NLT
"As for the Gentile believers, they should do what we already told them in a letter:
They should abstain from eating food offered to idols,
from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals,
and from sexual immorality."

Acts 21:25 KJV
And concerning the Gentiles who believe,
we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing,
except only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols,
and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication

As for me all of the above is Ok for consumption except I have the knowledge that it is made of blood or that eating will make my brother to stumble. It is said that Paul would hide his ham sandwich behind his back if he sees a Jew approaching. If I know that my liberty would make others to stumble then I would rather not eat it than cause them to be offended. Read 1 Cor. 8:1-13; Rom.14:1-4 and 1 Tim.4:1-5 that throws more light on the subject.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by tpia5: 1:28am On Oct 27, 2012
Seeing the bread is intentionally shaped like an occultic symbol, i do hope the op isnt trying to be a smartypants and play on the issue of blood libel and all that.

I pity you and yours.

U never halla but your life dey pass on be that o, while you live on the internet.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by seyibrown(f): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
I'll eat all with glee, apart from the 'uncooked' egg. I prefer my food to be 'very dead'! grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Acts 10:9-16[/size]
New International Version (NIV)
Peter’s Vision

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

And also ...

[size=14pt]1 Corinthians 10:24-33
[/size]New International Version (NIV)
24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”[a]

27 If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29 I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by DRPYGRU: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2013
obadiah777: WELL SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, AS A PROPHET OF YASHARAHLA FROM THE TRIBE OF YEHUDAH, THAT WILL BE JUDAH FOR THE UNENLIGHTENED, MOST OF THE FOODS UP THEIR ARE ABOMINABLE TO ME
1-THE BLACK PUDDING IS PIGS BLOOD ( LEVITICUS 17 VS 13 )
2-SAUSAGE IS ABOMINABLE
3-MUSHROOMS IS ABOMINABLE.
4-BACON IS ABOMINABLE
5-THE EGG IS NOT PROPERLY COOKED AKA SALMONELLA AND HENCE IS ABOMINABLE

I WILL SOONER EAT THE CONTENTS OF AN OFFICE DUSTBIN THAT ALL THAT ABOMINABLE FILTH UP THERE angry grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obadiah777,Joagbaje,goshen360,OLAADEGBU,enigma,Image123,JeSoul,frosbel:Which? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2013
ressurected thread. back from the dead aka the bottomless pit into the light of the living grin

(1) (Reply)

Why I Need A New Wife Now ––pastor Anselm Madubuko / I Am Fed Up With My Black African People / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.