Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,723 members, 7,941,747 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

A Wake Up Call - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Wake Up Call (515 Views)

Wake Up!before It’s Too Late! – A Letter To Unbelievers / A Wake Up Call Fron Hell , Real Story Of A Former Drug Addict. / Persecution Of Christians By M.U.S.LIMS And Others: A Wake Up Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Wake Up Call by HerexG(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
A must read for all well meaning people

Sacrifice
What i'm writing about today is the very factor and tool Christ used in winning souls or getting the gospel across the world. The factor is Sacrifice and it is defined as something of value given away or up in order to gain something more important or to benefit another person .
When you read and study in deptly about Christ, you will find out that He sacrificed so much for us in order to get salvation across to us. He sacrificed His time, comfort and pleasure, money, resources, even His life with cruelty added to it for the price of salvation.
We as Christians are suppose to be Christ-like or follow His foot step, but i tell you a great number of people are Christians but yet are far from following the Lord's foot steps and deeds. The Christian followers and leaders are all guilty of this, a good percentage of the Christian leaders don't even knows the actual definition of sacrifice talk less of to practise it. They will draft out scriptures in the bible that will suit there selfish and greedy motif, they emphasise more on words like "it is more blessed to give than to receive", "pay your tithe and saw seeds ", and sometimes look for means to collect the money from their members and most victims are the poor. Forgetting what true Christianity is all about, forgetting the scriptures that showed the sacrifices that Christ made and the price He paid, forgetting all the pains and tribulations the apostle went through.
But today you will see them with the best cars, living in mansions, having to themselves all the comfort and pleasures of this world while a part of their members they are leading in the church can hardly boost of a meal to eat in a day.
In my country a lot people are complaining that the government is bad, fine we all know that, but government can't do it all. Now that we have great and mega churches in great numbers, would it be wrong if Church A, B, and C, collaborate, sacrifice their resources to build something significant that will be of benefit to all in the nation. You are asking how is that possible, let me explain, forgetting the diversity in our churches today, if Church A can contribute a quota, then B and C follows, bringing this funds together to fund projects to will be of beneficial to all both Christians and non Christians. If we can do this as the church, who says we won't win more souls to Christ, who says terrorism won't be minimized, who says the world won,t be a better place. I remember the first Christian missionary that came to Africa, all the service they rendered to us (then we were non Christians) was quality, selfless and free, this is a act of sacrifice to mankind. Remember the God who created the sun made it available to all, whether good or bad.
So we as Christians, we can't be in a place or country and still be folding our arms watching the place get worst, instead our nature is to make it better. Let us forget about all the pleasure and comfort of this world, let's come together to make sacrifices that will cost us something for now but for the better of tomorrow, two heads are better than one. I love this American slogan " don't think of what America will do for you, think of what you can do for America".
My dear people and the church, we should all think of what we can do to make this world a better place for us all, with our labour and sacrifices. God bless you !

1 Like

Re: A Wake Up Call by Horus(m): 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Proof Given By Baba On Datta Swami As Incarnation / Refuse To Discouraged - Pastor Chris / Do You Need Counselling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.