Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,327 members, 7,978,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:57 PM

Should I Pay Their School Fees? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Pay Their School Fees? (1708 Views)

Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? / Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees / Thank You All.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pay Their School Fees? by babysnogls: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2012
I am the 3rd born in my family. My parents own a primary school and im d only one interested in running it. Its like ds.. I studied Accounting, i av ATS results from ICAN but my mum more or less cajoled my husband and i to relocate to Lagos so i can run d sch with them. I enjoy teaching kids.. I love it . My hubby pays our kids sch fees(which is half as all staff children pay) until recently when we started our own project. Now d payment of sch fees is on me but im beginning to think.. If d sch belongs to me, as my mum is always saying. Should i pay for my own childrens sch fees? Pls advice..
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by ayobase(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
Pay it dear....there is reward attached to it.
''I promised myself never to pay any child's school fee from money realised from contracts, but monthly salary. And I thank God I kept to my promise by His help'' My Dad confesses.
''There is blessing attached to it'' he said when I asked him the reason.
Let me not go further!

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Mpetempe(m): 2:17am On Oct 28, 2012
Had it been that u were close to me i could have given u a 12hot slap. Is like u are not getting yourself.
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by babysnogls: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
Very funny..
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by baby124: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Talk to your mum if you are having challenges with paying. afterall you are helping her run the school which is no small feat. If she refuses then you pay it. As an educator you need to have discipline and lead by example. Other teachers are watching you. How you behave will determine if they take you and your administration seriously. Before moving this should have been in the benefits package.loool. Mama for don sign contract. Giving up my dream and my home to run her business which I love is not small thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
OP you sound exactly like my aunt it's just that she never pays her kids school fees that's how I know you're not, my mom owns a nursery & primary with a sec jss1-3 and cos non of us did education and we agreed for her to run it now she thinks its hers.

I'd say don't if you can't afford it and explain to mom about this so she can explain it to the bursary ,

and why do you care what anybody says.

And it's not yours just so you know, cos when the time comes you'd be surprised what's in store for you from your siblings ,

they are just watching you now just like we're watching my aunt, she better make good use of her salary& bonuses now. wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by babysnogls: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Jidegirl, dnt u think one of u should go 4 education and join ur mum? I hope my own siblings wont fight me over d sch in future. My great aunts children had nasty court cases over her sch, yet only d daughter was interestd in running it. D younger sons just wanted fat payments every mnth!
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
Sis, I can't, I'm a nurse ( very busy schedule) and I have other businesses I run here and also I have to keep my eye on my kids with little time I get to spend with them ,

so tell me what time I have?

I shipped those play sets and asked mom we should hire a proprietor but she prefers her sister ,

my other siblings are car and building guys, not even close but we try as much as possible to show up for graduations and end of the year party every year.

You'd think they won't in future, just be smart and be wise.
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Syncan(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
@OP, It depends on what "...run the school with her" in your post entails. Do you share profit? or,are you just paid like every other staff; but probably higher due to your administrative position? This is business remember? and depending on your answer to the above question, your stake in it could be ascertained. If your stake is high (you share in the profit) then you have to pay as other teachers, knowing that its in the business, and in this case, the question of affordability may not arise except the quality of education handed out in your school could be got for less else where.
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
You don't have to pay if you can't afford it, i know how it works and it's no big deal!
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by babysnogls: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
@Syncan, i get paid as other teachers only a bit higher and im tryin to pay d fees(my hubby tries too inspite of our project).
@Jidegirl, i would like ur advice on avoiding future clashes with my siblings..
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
babysnogls: @Syncan, i get paid as other teachers only a bit higher and im tryin to pay d fees(my hubby tries too inspite of our project).

Be smart with your bonus and extras , ( cos I know they make bonus per term)

that's why I said there's no point paying your kids school fees, who are you trying to impress? Mom , your siblings( they will be rude to you eventually anyways) or the teachers you're not related to, who cares what they say cool ,

They will want to share their mom's property whether you like it or not and they will just pay you your salary and your own share of the capital/ profit.

Be smart with it , that's all I have to say, Money they say is EVIL!
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Syncan(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2012
babysnogls: @Syncan, i get paid as other teachers only a bit higher and im tryin to pay d fees(my hubby tries too inspite of our project).

In that case, you need to discuss with your mum about allowing your kids attend without payment 'cos i do not see what else is in it for you(as per family business). Make your case politely but firm. If it does not end up in your favor, seek for alternatives such as a lower fees school or a better paid job if they must study there. I'm not inclined to look at it as a family business thing if there is nothing in it for you apart from payment for the job you do.
Re: Should I Pay Their School Fees? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 04, 2012
I dont believe in free things, running a business requires respect and accountability. You are already paying discounted fees, dont refuse to pay, please pay.
I run a business and sometimes they bring things i want for myself, i get a discount like other staff but I dont take things and refuse to pay that will lead to a negative in the books and non accountability. If madam doesnt pay for what she takes what will manager do after all madam is not always in the shop.
Ask Madam CC too, am sure she just doesnt take things from her shop even if it is for a relatives wedding, this is the first principle of business

(1) (Reply)

Do African Women Pamper Our Husbands Too Much? / Nigerian Parents in the Diaspora you need to do more / Woman, 85, Lay Dead In Her Flat For FIVE YEARS Before Anyone Noticed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.