Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,361 members, 7,947,588 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:28 AM

Great Things About Your Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Great Things About Your Marriage (8839 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by staffingx: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=chaircover]@bjcole money is not everything. I cherish my husbands company more than all the money in the world. We just got back from a week in Naija and he was in the shop everyday. He was even the one telling me to arrange this here and that there. We had so much fun in that week. we went to Oshogbo, whispering palms, shoprite and we even entered market together holding hands. All the things I had wanted to do but never got round to doing he did for me such as going to the govt advertising agency to make a bigger signboard.

Some things are priceless. You cant put a price on time and love. I dont need to drive a different coloured jeep for everyday of the week or fly first class round the world each week. I need his love, his listening ear, companionship, support, care, affection, his touch and his commitment and as he does all those I am a happy woman.

...And you cant get all that from him if he is not financially ok. Get real my dear.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by shilling(f): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Such a positive thread. Makes me happy!!

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Madam CC the question self is how many women (by women I mean those who know their headache and not money grabbers and brazzilain hair people who don't care about anything just money) will want a Dangote or Adenuga as a husband?
Will Dangote have time to rock my baby to sleep at 3am? Will Dangote take expressed breast milk warm it to the right temperature and feed baby? Will Dangote have time or patience to make me breakfast in bed? Will Dangote even be home to watch reality series with me?
Where will I see Dangote to take me twice a month to a movie or just have a stroll hand in hand when he is too busy with 2am late night villa meetings.
Will Dangote listen to me whine about how the tailor got the shaping wrong and even chip in and ask "why are these tailors so silly" when he has no idea what is actually wrong with the dress?
Will Dangote have time to take the children out for yawo just so I can have a free weekend to myself?
Yes Dangote can buy me the RR sport I so would love to have with a snap of a finger, but believe me, I will gladly drive my jalopy with this amazing man than drive an RR sport alone and miserable with a Dangote. I am one of the wealthiest women alive. My Husband is worth a Million Adenugas and Dangote put together

9 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2012
chaircover: Abi oooo! Imagine a whole dangote helping me to arrange shelves in my shop and dancing azonto at the same time. How i wish i could clone that man to marry my daughter.

I dont know why some men think that money answerers all things when it comes to relationships

Not all women go for money. Yes some do but not all
debrief08: Madam CC the question self is how many women (by women I mean those who know their headache and not money grabbers and brazzilain hair people who don't care about anything just money) will want a Dangote or Adenuga as a husband?
Will Dangote have time to rock my baby to sleep at 3am? Will Dangote take expressed breast milk warm it to the right temperature and feed baby? Will Dangote have time or patience to make me breakfast in bed? Will Dangote even be home to watch reality series with me?
Where will I see Dangote to take me twice a month to a movie or just have a stroll hand in hand when he is too busy with 2am late night villa meetings.
Will Dangote listen to me whine about how the tailor got the shaping wrong and even chip in and ask "why are these tailors so silly" when he has no idea what is actually wrong with the dress?
Will Dangote have time to take the children out for yawo just so I can have a free weekend to myself?
Yes Dangote can buy me the RR sport I so would love to have with a snap of a finger, but believe me, I will gladly drive my jalopy with this amazing man than drive an RR sport alone and miserable with a Dangote. I am one of the wealthiest women alive. My Husband is worth a Million Adenugas and Dangote put together

don't mind some people - money is good but what comes with it is something else.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by deeteeneey(f): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
debrief08: Madam CC the question self is how many women (by women I mean those who know their headache and not money grabbers and brazzilain hair people who don't care about anything just money) will want a Dangote or Adenuga as a husband?
so sweet, am happy for your union.
Pls enjoy ur man.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by BAMMZ(m): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
Some couple are like Mr and Mrs Smith. . . . .happy home.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by edakedkay: 10:36am On Oct 30, 2012
I call him the husband of my youth. Was just 19 when we met. He's been my first& only in that dept ***winks*** and my best male friend.3 yrs in marriage with him and i'll say marriage has been sweeeeet. Where do i start? CHURCH: our church is such that everyone practically have where they sit & ours happens to be the 2nd pew. He walks in front and then holds my hand as if leading a child. Felt uneasy initially but i'm used to it now. Now we've grown by one, i hold the bibles, he carries our boy and leads me. There are other gestures tho but i only spill this. We're the youngest couple in the church's marriage counselling committee. MY STYLIST: i know it's the othr way round for most couple. I'm not a bad stylist but i'd let down my skills when he took up the responsibility. Damn,dude's good at it. He knows my body stats like his surname. One time, i was away but i'd already dropped my material with a tailor i was going to try out for the first time. The guy had lost my measurement and needed to remeasure me. Just gave my hubby the guy's number to call and answer all ques about my stats. I wear dresses alot courtesy of him. He either buys ready made ones or get the bale ones from one guy who brings them home every friday. He then goes online and scout for styles. I've a tailor for natives and another for english wears.all courtesy of him. GETAWAYS: i always look forward to this one cos it's always fun-filled. We stay in hotels in or outside our state of residence every 3rd weekend. MENSES: you wont believe he actually keeps my cycle records. I'm very peckish and my colleagues have now capitalised on this.One time, this guy came looking for what to eat in my handbag and he found a pack of pad instead. Was surprised cos i didnt put it there. Rang my hubby to tell him and he went 'oh that? I put it there,your period starts today'. And i was like- really? Thanks love. I really dont keep track. Several times, i've had to call him to ask when my last period was when i'm asked this during visits to the hospital. He took up this responsibility when in our 4th yr of courtship we had a pregnancy scare. We didnt use condoms.just made love during my safe period. To be continued. Using my phone and its becoming really slow
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by edakedkay: 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2012
MARKET: life wasnt rosy while we courted. Everything was on me then. We'd go to the market together and just buy whatever was very necessary. I shop for food stuff once a month and we still do it together. OUR SON: he's his dads vomit. I don't see any of my physical attributes in him. They spot same hair cut and most times dress alike.once he took us for sightseeing in his office,he had to get an overall for,a safety boot,goggles and helmet for him just so he'll look like daddy.Every sat'day morning they both go for a 'drive together'. Note the quote? He sits on the driver's seat with him and drives with him. The boy no gree use his car seat at all even when i'm there with them. So most times i do the driving while he sits with him papa. Hubby plays alot with him. There's a tiny table tennis, basketball, and a volleyball court in my house. Once,we were on our way out and he told his dad not to forget his pringles and ice cream. I was like DD, what should i get for you? Nothing,he said. Why? You dont keep your promises. I was shocked. Well,that was a wake up call. In all honesty,dude loves daddy more than me. He even told me this himself. TEAM: we're a team,my boy inclusive. Hubby does everything laundry,ironing inclusive.he helps out in the kitchen esp when i have alot of cooking to do. I cook 2 soups and stew every 2wks. DD packs the rubbish during housekeeping and empties the small bins. When we had just a car, i'll drop him off,then DD before resuming at work. He used to do the sch runs until we got someone. CLUBBING: we did this alot while dating and the habit still dey. We've upscaled it. I get to act as a LovePeddler and he pays for the after club service. I'm 6 months preg and i'd stopped working since 2months ago. I almost didnt make it during my 1st. Right now my life is so boring. I dont do anything other than chop,sleep and watch tv. We dont have a maid and everthing now falls on hubby.he's handling it okay.he wont even let me offer the littlest help that i feel i can. My elder sister comes to cook at weekends.his mom will be coming in 2 wks. Hubby wants a baby girl but I'm so praying for a boy so i can have a son to call my own bcz DD is his father's child, they even bath together now. Everyday i keep thanking God for the man he gave to me. He's been a friend, brother,and a soulmate. In my gut, i know you love me more than i love you.

4 Likes

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by bjcole(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
i wonder why after all these comments, there r still pl enty complains abt husbands. Women surely dnt knw what they want. I help my wife if i ve to & i ve d time, but that she will only love me when i turn to houseboy, doing all house chores & also fends 4 d family, D world is surely coming to an end.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by edakedkay: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
bjcole, you wont be a houseboy per se but just a helpmate. I think the earlier you adjusted your thinking the better. Right now he's walking me from the hospital. He drops me off at a point as the road leading to the clinic is filled with potholes,and i just walk down there. The pothole jerkings isnt really good with my condition. Should have been on bed rest in the hospital till delivery (that's 5 months) but i totally kicked against it. So dr advised i avoid everything stressful. My last preg was a nightmare that nearly took my life. Had my boy at 7 months old. We are just so cautious with this one. To think he'll still have to bath us this evening just makes me pity him the more.we'll just stop by somewhere to get dinner as i wouldnt want to stress him anymore.it's really stressful for him i swear. Dunno if i'll want to get pregnant again after this.

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2012
I just had to call "her" up after reading this thread. Now I can't wait to get married and I really do need to wait sad

I'm really happy for you guys. I'm glad everyone's got some kink of some sort in their man/woman. Those kinks are what make the union perfect.

Damn! Wanna be like you guys when I grow up cheesy
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by damiso(f): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2012
The way i know i or should i say we myself and the kids come first in his life.His dreams aspirations hopes all revolve around making our life better and not any macho power machiavelli influence thing.Call him unambitious i dont care but my hubby first and main purpose of making money is to give us and our kids a better life.He is unconventional in the african way as he does not even bother to keep up with the joneses and i can say with all honesty that i have really learnt from him in that regard.We do the wierdest things together i.e watching crime and investigation with him saying he can get away with the crime and me saying that if i was the detective i would catch him and arguing for like an hr on clues lol.The ability to just be who i am without having to pretend to be perfect at all things eg i am hopeless at making eba amala etc so he just makes them, the thing used to shock my mum when she came to stay but before she left she sef agreed his was better than hers sef smiley.He is onpoint with gifts .In short we complement each other.where i lack he steps up where he does i do.its not all been a bed of roses but am happy to say that we have and are still growin together.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by esmeralda1(f): 11:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
this is like the best thread i av read in a long long time. thanks for coming up with a thread as this. though not yet married (soon to be) i believe i'll soon be married to God's Best Man for me
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 04, 2012
damiso: The way i know i or should i say we myself and the kids come first in his life.His dreams aspirations hopes all revolve around making our life better and not any macho power machiavelli influence thing.Call him unambitious i dont care but my hubby first and main purpose of making money is to give us and our kids a better life.He is unconventional in the african way as he does not even bother to keep up with the joneses and i can say with all honesty that i have really learnt from him in that regard.We do the wierdest things together i.e watching crime and investigation with him saying he can get away with the crime and me saying that if i was the detective i would catch him and arguing for like an hr on clues lol.The ability to just be who i am without having to pretend to be perfect at all things eg i am hopeless at making eba amala etc so he just makes them, the thing used to shock my mum when she came to stay but before she left she sef agreed his was better than hers sef smiley.He is onpoint with gifts .In short we complement each other.where i lack he steps up where he does i do.its not all been a bed of roses but am happy to say that we have and are still growin together.
Heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeee, we do this too, watch a lot of CSIs, most times we bet on who the killer is when they are interviewing suspects. I usually win tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
esmeralda1: this is like the best thread i av read in a long long time. thanks for coming up with a thread as this. though not yet married (soon to be) i believe i'll soon be married to God's Best Man for me
I am happy. Hope you also open your eyes and see the best for you, God will help but the decision is for us, write out the things you want and my advice it be guided by real things like character, calmness, hardwork, decency, not feelings and money. If possible delay s3x so both of you will not confuse your feelings. Best wishes love
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 04, 2012
chaircover:

I say a big Amen. The best thing that has happened to me is my family and I wouldn't swap them for all the money in the world. As Debrief has said please please please look out for the important things such as character, integrity, responsibility, honesty, hardwork etc etc. The lets do it right effico man of yesterday who was coined as too boring is the solid wonderhusband and father of today that everyone wants a piece of. Life sha! but me I am standing there with my heaviest iron saucepan to club any joanna miss road on the head with grin

seriously, Looks will fade and money can be made and lost at any time. Look out for simple things like how he talks to people "below" him. If he fair to them? does he find nothing wrong in owing his driver his salary, does he have a mean streak, is he the type that gets out of his car and slap okada drivers? What does he do in his spare time? How does he talk & behave? Does he have the fear of God?

Pick a man who you are on the same wavelength with, He doesn't need to have lots of money or even drive a car or have landed properties. You will find that you will enjoy him more and earn his respect more when you grow together. Two heads are better than one and you will see how quickly you grow together and when there is peace in the home, you will find it so much easier to plan and make money anyway.

Wishing you all the best and dont forger to invite God into making that decision for you.
Yes oh Madam, By general definition you wouldnt find a more "square" man like man, when we started dating, I said which kain man be this wey no dey comot, I watch TV a lot and I found a man who will come over to my place and watch all the TV programmes with me, I was shocked that like me he memorized all the channels and programmes showing. He never spoke about "My Car, My Phone" My this my that, that won me over, we would argue politics and sports, a lot of people didnt get him because he was just a nice quiet homely man, people assume people like that are dumb and men must be loud, rude and arrogant. I liked my thing like that, and when I met his family every reservation I had was gone, he respected his mum a lot, his office colleagues, His gate man, he never screamed or insulted him one day all through the time we were dating. He didnt mind splitting bills sometimes, other men will see it as an insult, so we just jelled, even though I noticed his blunt nature it was not a bad thing. So open your eyes and look well
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by safeLove(f): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2012
All these posts about women loving their hubbys because they help out with house chores,hmm!! So if he doesn't do them,you won't love your husband? Anyways,different strokes they say...
My hubby does not do ANY house chore,but he ensures that the the work isn't too much for me. He helps refill the cooking gas and ensures that there's enuf food in the house. That's all I need my man to help me out with when it comes to housework.
But,the best thing about my marriage is US. We are best friends,in every sense of it. We are there for each other. We know each others weak points and never take them for granted.We talk about everything under the sun,we fight,make up,laugh at our sillyness,watch cartoons together,hang out together. Its never all rosy but at the end of each day,there's no where we'd rather be than in each others arms. People even say we look alike sef.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2012
safeLove: All these posts about women loving their hubbys because they help out with house chores,hmm!! So if he doesn't do them,you won't love your husband? Anyways,different strokes they say...
My hubby does not do ANY house chore,but he ensures that the the work isn't too much for me. He helps refill the cooking gas and ensures that there's enuf food in the house. That's all I need my man to help me out with when it comes to housework.
But,the best thing about my marriage is US. We are best friends,in every sense of it. We are there for each other. We know each others weak points and never take them for granted.We talk about everything under the sun,we fight,make up,laugh at our sillyness,watch cartoons together,hang out together. Its never all rosy but at the end of each day,there's no where we'd rather be than in each others arms. People even say we look alike sef.
Filling the gas is part of helping out.
Make your point and leave other wives, did anyone say that they wont love their husbands if they dont help out? You said different strokes yet you seem to be attacking women who have hands on husbands, we didnt say thats the only reason we love them, we said these are part of the reasons. This is about stating the positives, Let us celebrate our husbands and wives as you celebrate yours, no need to question our love
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by safeLove(f): 9:52am On Nov 04, 2012
smiley
debrief08:
Filling the gas is part of helping out.
Make your point and leave other wives, did anyone say that they wont love their husbands if they dont help out? You said different strokes yet you seem to be attacking women who have hands on husbands, we didnt say thats the only reason we love them, we said these are part of the reasons. This is about stating the positives, Let us celebrate our husbands and wives as you celebrate yours, no need to question our love

My apologies ma'am if you think I was attacking anyone. Like I wrote different strokes for different folks. Let's continue celebrating our marriages.
But may we not see such topics as " Hubby doesn't do the house chores again like he used to,am getting a divorce".. I apologise again if it sounded like an attack.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2012
safeLove: smiley

My apologies ma'am if you think I was attacking anyone. Like I wrote different strokes for different folks. Let's continue celebrating our marriages.
But may we not see such topics as " Hubby doesn't do the house chores again like he used to,am getting a divorce".. I apologise again if it sounded like an attack.
That will be a sad conclusion that any one will divorce her husband because he refuses to do house chores.
Like I said, let us celebrate the strong points of our husbands, if some have chores as their strong points let people be free to celebrate. No one will divorce based on that, this is a happy thread, every one is different, we are not here to compare or have a piss measuring contest on whose spouse is better, we are simply here to celebrate our spouses, celebrate yours and let others celebrate theirs, simple to conclude that some might divorce because of household chores is just funny
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2012
For example you wrote that your husband makes sure there is food, my own husband has no idea how much we spend on food, he pays mortgage car repairs, school fees (70%) and other things, i handle food stuff, workers payment etc, so how would you feel if I asked you if you would stop loving your husband if he stopped providing food just because my own husband doesnt? That arrangement works for us and yours works for you, will i also speculate that women will start divorcing their husbands because they dont buy food and gas anymore?
Everyone knows what works for them, share yours and celebrate with others, It is not a competition
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by tasandra: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
Awwwww 9ice thread wink wink
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
This thread is long overdue o jare.

My hubby and I are very different like night and day. He's a terrible cook, an introvert with a small circle of friends, but he's an absolute dream come true as far as I am concerned. We met when we were both poor students and I must admit I couldn't stand him at the time (I still get teased about this a lot of times grin) and have been through a lot together. He's first and foremost a wonderful human being, a fantastic hubby and an excellent father.
Re: Great Things About Your Marriage by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 06, 2013
Hotstepper: Very lovely thread. My marriage is made in heaven. My husband aka Obim is God sent I must say. He is a man and a woman all together. Its almost 2 yrs since we got married but I can count how many times I have done the laundry. Sometimes, I don't even know its done until I look outside. With o much joy and smile while the music is playing, he would mop as I sweep, he would cut the flowers, baby sit our son, fuels,cleans nd fix my car( me that have a car no Sani anything) ns believe it or not, he goes to the market when he notice that I am tired. He would just say, Usom, let me go to the market while you do the cooking. He buys things or me even when I don't ask and I lack nothing. He is so close to our son that when i am even around, my son prefers to be with him and i love that soooo much. We are best of friends, gist buddies and sure knows how to make me feel like a woman. In my next world, I want him to be my husband and father of my children.

OMG
Hotstepper did you end up marrying the young man you met here on NL?
And you have a child too?
I remember that thread
This is so beautiful
I remember your beautiful picture that had all the guys mesmerized

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Comical Reasons Why Kids Cry(pics) / How Do You Feel After Sex- For The Married / Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.