Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,150 members, 7,946,846 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop (5062 Views)

This Online Phone Shop Is A Scammer And Don't Fall Victim Thanks Http://londo / Is There Any Reliable Online Mobile Phone Shop In Nigeria.? / Phone Shop In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by New(m): 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2006
Hi hazey,

Its quite difficult to spot a dodgy website but spotting this one was quite easy. It is meant to be a Nigerian company right? then why is this in its terms and conditions:

GOVERNING LAW
Use of this site shall be governed by all applicable Federal laws of [b]UK. [/b].

The UK does not have a 'Federal' Legal system because it is a Kingdom.

Next time he calls demanding more money tell him to go jump in the Lake. And it might be cool to spam his email address by adding his email address to 'Nasty Adult' websites.

hope this helps.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by layi(m): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2006
Firstly, Scamers have connection withing western union nigeria. they can claim funds with just the sender's name as long as it was sent.

Secondly, scammers do not let go off their victims. As long as you keep talking, he'll keep replying you. Victims are the ones who usually back off.

Thirdly, No sane company will send 14phones instead of 4. As if thats not enough, asking you to pay for thier mistake is absurb and a strong scam sign.

the victim can be nabbed wit the coorperation of mtn. They'll track down land lines on his phone book or act as a decoy. Alternatively you can tell him the funds was sent thru another service and he has to collect his payment in a specific location. Work wit agents to nab him there. Its easy as long as he's not yet suspicious of his game beign foiled.
He might not be brought to justice though cos the law enforcement system too is corrupt. EFCC is not d solution cos they'll arrest him quite alright but will give him a "bill" for his freedom.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Saddam: 4:06pm On May 01, 2006
Hey Hazey,

Sorry For Been a victim of This Nigerian Scam, Well the address in the websites were all Fake.

Dont Ever try responding to them

+234-01-8147062 This is a Starcomms Number: Call The Customer Care Line for compliants. +234-1-8041234
Or log on to their site, www.starcomms.com( This is the courier Phone)

234-8060693335 This is an MTN Cell phone Number:Call 234-832005500
Or log on to their site,
http://www.mtnonline.com/fraud.asp
Or Email: Customerservice@mtnnigeria.net

234-8026900051 This is a Vmobile Cell phone Number: visit www.vmobile-nigeria.com Or http://www.vmobile-nigeria.com/cs/loga_request.php

hazey:

hey bossman, i send the fraud complain to the phone company, but there isDelivery Status Notification (Failure). I don't know what is wrong, did someone send me the wrong website? I send through http://www.mtnonline.com/fraud.asp. So other than email, hw can i report him to the phone company?   I think the number he had been using to call me is quite important, as he had been using the 2 usual  numbers.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 7:20am On May 10, 2006
hi guys, need some help again. Recently i received an email from a guy who named himself as Sergent Micheal Akin, and he told me that he had nabbed the scammers and they are now in their custody, and he found my email through the files of Telecom Wireless Ltd, the company that scammed me off my money,

The Sergent told me that in order to fight this case, i need to pay to the lawyer with a sum of 300usd for the legal fees in order for me to get back my phones and a compensation fees. How do i track down to see if he is really a police officer and not a scammer? Because i had my doubts, anyone in nigeria can help me call his number to confirm his identity? Tel: 234-8057911477. What kind of documents you think i should ask from him?

Because i do have my concerns that he might be in the gang with Telecom Wireless Ltd. I am not sure how Nigeria Law works, so you guys pls try to help me think of a plan.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2006
THis guys are $on of a bitch, i mean how on earth will they turn themselves into telecom wireless ltd.

it is still the scammers, dont mind them, i can assure you. a proper police officer wont send you an email, they dont even know what a computer is not to talk of sending emails.( i mean most of them are illiterate touts)

A police officer wont ask you for money by law. the state/government pay for the prosecution of thieves, scammers, if at all they catch one. Also, if the story that telecom wireless ltd has been nabbed, then they ould have been reported in the daily nigerian newspaper and their website would have been pull down, but there is no such thing.
in as much as there are good Nigerians, there are always fake ones.

Just tell the so called $on of a bitch that you already reported it to EFCC and you dont need the service of a lawyer and that he shoudld stop contacting you.

N.B- this guys will still follow up their lead, so if you get any email again or phone call about you haveing to pay money in advance, please make sure you post it on here before taking any actions.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 11:19am On May 10, 2006
Hazey, it's the same fellow. You should know that. I told my friend this story and they all joked about it somewhat, that you should have caught on a little earlier in the ball game.

I am 100%(not 99%) sure it's the same guy. AS others have posted, just inform him that you have reported the case to the appropriate authorities and moved on. If you call the number(don't waste your money doing it though), you'll see it's the same person, or an associate, that answers the phone.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Saddam: 5:17am On May 11, 2006
Its still those same guys Camoflaging

Avoid any correspondence with Them or else u might end u to fall a victim
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Desertbomb: 2:04pm On May 11, 2006
My dear 4get about every transactions uv'e made with them 4 ur own good B/4 those men enters u spiritually,they have 2 ways of operating.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by layi(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2006
Oyibos are in trouble. I also hear and saw nigerian youths using Jazz on victims.
I walked into a cafe last week and saw a guy wit 3 marks on his wrist (gbere), and i was told the victims (magas) beg him to recieve money from them. The guy is from the IFA dynasty. i heard its rampant in OSU wher traffic jam is a common sight within school campus. Almost student has got a car.
Spiritual OMG! Nigerians would do anything for money.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 4:47pm On May 11, 2006
Alright guys, maybe i can post on the forum to show you guys what this so called Sergent Micheal Akin typed to me in my email, he even called me a few times, yesterday, I emailed him and told him if he's going to get back the phones and a compensation money back to me, then he should just fight the case first, and after he won the case, then he can deduct the money from there, if not i told him he can simple forget this whole matter as i cant even afford the 300usd legal fees.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 4:52pm On May 11, 2006
This is the 1st email he sent me.

I will be glad if you can provide to me all the transaction confirmation with this Mobile Company, and the proof of the payments you have made to them including all their contacts with the name of the person you are contacting in this company.

Note that as soon as we have this details we can then investigate your report without any much delay to bring justice into this matter.

Feel free to call me directly on my direct line +234-805-7911-477.

Yours Truly,

Sergent Michael Akin
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 4:54pm On May 11, 2006
The 2nd email he sent me.

I will be glad if you can provide to me all the transaction confirmation with this Mobile Company, and the proof of the payments you have made to them including all their contacts with the name of the person you are contacting in this company.

Note that as soon as we have this details we can then investigate your report without any much delay to bring justice into this matter.

Feel free to call me directly on my direct line +234-805-7911-477.

Yours Truly,

Sergent Michael Akin
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 4:56pm On May 11, 2006
The 3rd email he sent me after i emailed him some scan receipts for my western union payment

I write to confirm to you that this morning the fraud Unit Department as made an arrest the two staff you wired money on thier name at The Telecom Wireless Ltd in Computer village Ikeja in person of Rose Williams and Christophere Nwachukmu.

Thier director is not in the office at the time the arrest was carried out. They are right now in our custody.

I implore you to give me a call urgently on my direct number +234-805-7911-477 as i need to speak to you urgently on how we have to take them to court for justice to be done.
I await your call.

Regards,

Sergent Michael Akin
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 4:58pm On May 11, 2006
4th email he sent me.

I have contacted the attorney for the name to send his service fee to urgently by western union money transfer so that those people can be taken to the court urgently for justice to be done without any delay.

See bellow the name to send the $300 urgently.

Name: Obalende Thompson

Address: Lagos Nigeria

Text Question: Love

Text Answer: Trust

As soon as you send it forward the MTCN to me or you can call me through my telephone number +234-805-7911-477 so that the case can proceed without delay.

Yours Truly,

Sergent Michael Akin
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 5:01pm On May 11, 2006
yup thats about all he emailed me, the rest he would call me off and on for discussion, as i told him yesterday i wouldnt pay for the 300usd as i couldnt afford anymore. If he can't pay the legal fees for me, then i would rather choose to just drop the case, so he told me he would discuss with lawyer again and call me in few days time.

Hmm actually i was wondering, how can i nabbed them down? Or trying to make them more confused or give them more work to do, ?
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2006
Those are all fake names, names of towns, two first names, etc. This guy wants to get more money from you by all means. To play along with him, you can tell him you have sent the money and give him a fake MTCN #. Also, tell him that you sent $100 extra for quickly nabbing the fraudsters.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 3:23am On May 12, 2006
hey bossman, this is the latest email he sent me. Check it out again.

You need to understand that you are really causing alot of confussion here as we have two people been locked up in the cell for about three days now, due to the fraud on you as you have reported to us and i told you that you need to take them to the court here by applying for an attorney service who will act on your behalf. Your attorney overthere can come down here if he can make it urgently, but i think it will be better and easier if you appoint one here.

So why are you delaying now. I understand that you said you do not ant to be scammed anymore, so who is going to scam you aagin?

Me or the Nigerian Government.

You need to call me on my phone +234-805-7911-477 or if you want us to drop this case please advice urgently.
Thank You.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Seun(m): 3:58am On May 12, 2006
I'm so sorry that you sent them money before we could help.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 5:43am On May 12, 2006
nope, Seun i havent made any payment to this so called sergent yet, in the last email, he sent me is to tell me to transfer money to him thru western union to the lawyer for the legal fees. But i didnt do so, as i already email him and told this sergent that i dont have 300usd to pay for the legal fees to sue Telecome Wireless Ltd.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by gbengaijot(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2006
Send him an email that according to the law in Nigeria, that the federal government funds the prosecution of criminals, also tell him that the Nigerian police force is not entitled to detain criminals for more than 24 hours without charge and since you are not interested in charing the criminal to court that he should eat his ass off.

You know whast?, dont even try to call this guys again because they will use charms on you to extort money.
Dont call again under any circumstances.

This guys are muothafuckers sonofabitch. infact dont reply their mails under any circumstances, please dont dont and dont ever reply their emails. if you dont respond., they will stop emailing you after two months.

infact is that email of yours unavoidable?, why dont you abandon the email and dont reply the mails again.

I promise i will call the guys number tonite and halla him on the phone.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Bossman(m): 11:01am On May 12, 2006
Hazey, what seun meant was that you sent him money in the beginning at all. Because, as we have all told you, it's the same guy. It's no freaking seargent.  If you call the seargent you will see that it's the same person that has already scammed you. They have tasted you, and know that you are vulnerable, and will do anything to try to get more.

We believe you are now fully aware that you have been scammed. But, you still hhavenot figured out that it's the same person that scammed you from day that's sending you all these emails. Send an email to him, that you know it's him and that you are sending all the emails he has sent you to the 419 scam authorities.
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by hazey(f): 12:42pm On May 12, 2006
gbengaijot , thanks for you help, maybe after you call up the numbers, tell me how they respond to you?? or what they tell you? I really hope to pissed them off, they are really causing me alot of troubles,
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by arabela1: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
Wed, October 6, 2010 10:30:13 PMBe sure of me
From: His-Excellency Kwara State <gov.bukola2010@gmail.com> View Contact
To: Kaptol Street <kaptolstreet@yahoo.com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ella,

I felt great for you in particular to have direct contact with me. I
read more about you and peoples you met during your studying. Life is
all about meeting peoples with different cultures.

Africa generally in a home of Cultures and we do associates with
peoples coming from another part of the world.

I wish you are single and i am also single i could have proposed a
marriage to you. This might sounds funny But, you have principle and
discipline. I wish you keep it up. Well the reason of buying your
property is for my family to ability as they are willing to relocate
which they have impressed and interested, Just wish i make them happy
and to be proud of me being an honest father.

Electronically voices are seems to be extremely changed in a
particular occasions either been on the phone nor internet. Such as in
person we get to know the right voice of the person you are
interacting with.

My proposed payment plan for meeting in London is based on the fact
that my position is not allowed me as a Governor to transfer money out
of the country to another simply because of MISAPPROPRIATION OF MONEY
and i might be alleged which is prohibited in the ACT 2003
Constitutions.

All your expenses to London would be recover as i am willing to help
you in order to get the house of your interest to buy.

In the mean times i wish we could finalized the transaction soon and
let be a good friends to one and other.

I will be expecting your response soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Dr. Bukola Saraki.
Kwara State Governor
cool cool cool cool
Re: I Sent Money to A Nigerian Phone Shop by Trinity101(m): 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2010
hazey i can help u track the guy if u can pay me,i live in Nigeria Lagos precisely and my line is 2348063071919 call me lets discuss or u mail me on trinityevolution101@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Version Outdated But Can't Update / TECNO L8: Hios Is Starting - What Does It Mean? / Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.