Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,454 members, 7,878,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

Does Your Car Turn Heads? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Your Car Turn Heads? (16024 Views)

Hw Long Does Your Car Tires Retain Its Air Pressure On Average / What Does Your Coolant Gauge Read? / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Ikenna351(m): 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
Does your Car turn heads when you drive or packed in a public place?

How many times do you see people staring at your car for the good reasons? Have you ever come out to drive out, only to see one or two persons taking pictures of your ride? How does that make you feel?

Have you ever been pulled over by a police, Road Safety or VIO officer, only for you to discover that he purposely did that to feed his eyes?

On the other hand, does your car turn heads for the wrong reasons? I read about a guy that drives some rickety looking car that its exhaust is so loud that it sets off people's car alarms everytime he pulls into a car park. grin

What's your own story?

Ikenna.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
Not my current car, but cars I've owned and built in the past have been head-turners and show-stoppers. A couple were actually magazine featured, so were quite well known. People taking pictures of my cars, or wanting me to take pictures of them, while they posed with my cars does give me a sense of achievement.

Right now, my BMW doesn't turn heads, my S8 goes unnoticed, untill I punch the gas pedal to the floow. Then there's no doubting the supremacy of the 4,2 V8 motor. The vehicle I'm building now will be a head-turner, and show-stopper, once she's completed. I like cars that have the performance to go with the looks. I'm not into all "show-and-no-go" cars, with nasty bolt-on bits - Lexus-style lights, stupidly-loud exhausts, stupidly-loud audio systems, over-sized wheels, blacked-out windows, stickers etc. All things that make a slow car even slower.

If anything, assuming I could only choose one theme, it would be outright power. Nothing better than having a car that looks scruffy, or standard, but packs a massive punch from a potent power-plant under the hood. A real street-sleeper.

5 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by bigx(m): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2012
Sadly... No, not yet.. There might be some interesting cars on here though
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by yungboss(m): 12:26am On Oct 29, 2012
nice topic, my new BMW is already a head turner, cos when i drive by people say 'boy, i like your car', though not a typical 'ricer' head turner, its not a sleeper either, i think i prefer the sleepers... i've got 18'' chrome rims, run flats and its a coupe, e46 323ci, coupes are not commonly found in e46s here. I wanna respray it to DAKAR Yellow, with those huge dual black stripes running longitudinally fron the trunk to the hood...maybe then it'll be that head turner, i have a few stuffs 2fix up, trying to put it to taste, when i'm done, i think it'l naturally turn heads...
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Ngutor(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2012
Had a Golf 3 coupe that was constant critical head turner accompanied with hysterical shouts of; "hey, kai,psiiish, oga, siiis, et al" water the pour from ya car!!!!! Damn thing put me into austerity with a generous helping from quacks aka mechanics.

6 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2012
yungboss: i've got 18'' chrome rims, run flats and its a coupe, e46 323ci, coupes are not commonly found in e46s here. I wanna respray it to DAKAR Yellow, with those huge dual black stripes running longitudinally fron the trunk to the hood...maybe then it'll be that head turner, i have a few stuffs 2fix up, trying to put it to taste, when i'm done, i think it'l naturally turn heads...

Oh dear...you're going to ruin that car. sad
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Classicalman(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2012
Ikenna351: Does your Car turn heads when you drive or packed in a public place?

How many times do you see people staring at your car for the good reasons? Have you ever come out to drive out, only to see one or two persons taking pictures of your ride? How does that make you feel?

Have you ever been pulled over by a police, Road Safety or VIO officer, only for you to discover that he purposely did that to feed his eyes?

On the other hand, does your car turn heads for the wrong reasons? I read about a guy that drives some rickety looking car that its exhaust is so loud that it sets off people's car alarms everytime he pulls into a car park. Lol!

What's your own story?

Ikenna.
My Volkswagen Beetle 81 model turns heads too.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by dammytosh: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2012
Dunno if it is my car or my look that causes the turner because some people have appreciated the car and some have waved me to wind down and after i do, they shout the name of a celebrity like that. undecided undecided

It is very annoying.....
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by obailala(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2012

On the other hand, does your car turn heads for the wrong reasons? I read about a guy that drives some rickety looking car that [size=14pt]its exhaust is so loud that it sets off people's car alarms everytime he pulls into a car park[/size]. Lol!

What's your own story?

Ikenna.
Wow! that must be a real head turner. Someone please call 911 shocked shocked grin
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Abujafood: 9:59am On Oct 29, 2012
My bashed Honda Accord turns heads like, wetin do this motor for side?
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by iyatrustee(f): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2012
Oh yes! I drive a mercedes c300. although a popular car on abuja roads, my stainless alloy wheels were made just right for the car and kind of makes it stand out. I love the attention I get anytime I overtake a car and the driver would be like "Na Woman sef" tongue tongue An old man once bashed my car and after I came out of the car, he said he wanted to speak to the owner of the car and not me[s]maybe he look me finish expect say na honda 1986 I suppose dey drive[/s] sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2012
My Hyundai Sonata is not a Head turner... However, alot of people have commended me for its pristine look.. No dents, no scratches, no stickers (except my LIVERPOOL crest)..

I am pretty @nal about the looks and performance of my car.. It must be waxed twiced a month and any strange sound must be checked out immediately.. Even if its the sound of my key swinging & hitting against the dash.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ayee001: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2012
I'm planning to get a brand new 'beetle car' 2012 model. it will surely turn heads. grin
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ojubi(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2012
I Recently repainted my 1998 Rav4. it cost me a furtune, but dude did a great job.
Now when i drive out all eyes are always on me and my baby.

Last month i was in trafic jam, and the trafic guy was like "guy relax let me control this trafic for u, dont scratch that car cos its too beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2012
Any time I drive my Honda Accord with Alloy Wheel & tinted glass to a place,. Playing a nice gbedu, you then pulled over to buy something on the road side, everyone seeing such a young dude with janjanla body (young looking body) coming out of the car. It's always WOW! grin grin grin

But seriously, it all depends on the kind of car you have got and how best you take good care of it, a good looking car with eye catchy colour would caught peoples' attention a whole lot of time,vice versa.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:08am On Oct 29, 2012
ojubi: I Recently repainted my 1998 Rav4. it cost me a furtune, but dude did a great job.
Now when i drive out all eyes are always on me and my baby.

Last month i was in trafic jam, and the trafic guy was like "guy relax let me control this trafic for u, dont scratch that car cos its too beautiful.

When you drive a good and beautiful car, it commands you some respect grin grin grin
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ektbear: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2012
Nah. I have a Civic. Reliable, good gas mileage, cheap to maintain.

Flashy cars are nice, but attract too much negative attention.

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2012
iyatrustee: oh yes! i drive a mercedes c300. although a popular car on abuja roads, my stainless alloy wheels were made just right for the car and kind of makes it stand out. I love the attention i get anytime i overtake a car and the driver would be like "Na Woman sef" tongue tongue An old man once bashed my car and after i came out of the car, he said he wanted to speak to the owner of the car and not me[s]maybe he look me finish expect say na honda 1986 i suppose dey drive[/s] sad sad

Maybe you get small body, it happens like that some times. I've had previous experiences with both private and some commercial taxi drivers grin grin grin
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by pecopeco: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2012

On the other hand, does your car turn heads for the wrong reasons? I read about a guy that drives some rickety looking car that its exhaust is so loud that it sets off people's car alarms everytime he pulls into a car park. Lol!

What's your own story?

Ikenna.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Ebonykayomoba: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju: My Hyundai Sonata is not a Head turner... However, alot of people have commended me for its pristine look.. No dents, no scratches, no stickers (except my LIVERPOOL crest)..

I am pretty @nal about the looks and performance of my car.. It must be waxed twiced a month and any strange sound must be checked out immediately.. Even if its the sound of my key swinging & hitting against the dash.
Abeg how/where do you wax d car? And Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω much does it cost
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Abali1(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2012
I drive a Toyota Avalon. But, I don't know if it's me or the car, cos I am very small in size compared to the car. When I step out of the car, wearing just casuals people tend to stare. I used to be shy, before but I have gotten used to it now.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2012
My Kia Cerato coupe with alloy wheels is one of kind. Specially ordered and shipped it in.

That would be next year. Insha Allah.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Areaboy2(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2012
ekt_bear: Nah. I have a Civic. Reliable, good gas mileage, cheap to maintain.

Flashy cars are nice, but attract too much negative attention.

that's just the problem..
Only in Abj or parts of Lagos you can actually buy and enjoy the car you wana have
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by stagger: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2012
This topic shows why Nigerians have the mentality they have. Abroad millionaires use trains to move around. At least I have entered trains with a few of them in the Metro on my commutes from Paris to St Germain.

No one cares what car you are riding. It is only in Naija people think like that, and some carry the same mentality with them abroad. Personally, I can't be bothered whether my cars turn heads or not. I did not buy them to turn heads!

5 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Riskyman(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2012
Ebonykay(omoba):

You can wax your car all by yourself.. Just buy a wex from a car accessories shop, the instructions are written on it.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by dnative(m): 10:47am On Oct 29, 2012
Siena: Not my current car, but cars I've owned and built in the past have been head-turners and show-stoppers. A couple were actually magazine featured, so were quite well known. People taking pictures of my cars, or wanting me to take pictures of them, while they posed with my cars does give me a sense of achievement.

Right now, my BMW doesn't turn heads, my S8 goes unnoticed, untill I punch the gas pedal to the floow. Then there's no doubting the supremacy of the 4,2 V8 motor. The vehicle I'm building now will be a head-turner, and show-stopper, once she's completed. I like cars that have the performance to go with the looks. I'm not into all "show-and-no-go" cars, with nasty bolt-on bits - Lexus-style lights, stupidly-loud exhausts, stupidly-loud audio systems, over-sized wheels, blacked-out windows, stickers etc. All things that make a slow car even slower.

If anything, assuming I could only choose one theme, it would be outright power. Nothing better than having a car that looks scruffy, or standard, but packs a massive punch from a potent power-plant under the hood. A real street-sleeper.

Dare I say you are a speed freak! - or "Speedy Gonzalez".
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Tos87(m): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2012
Car angry undecided nope. But my LONGJOhN does. grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ifeegee(f): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2012
stagger: This topic shows why Nigerians have the mentality they have. Abroad millionaires use trains to move around. At least I have entered trains with a few of them in the Metro on my commutes from Paris to St Germain.

No one cares what car you are riding. It is only in Naija people think like that, and some carry the same mentality with them abroad. Personally, I can't be bothered whether my cars turn heads or not. I did not buy them to turn heads!
I begi! You guys can turn one fun thread to some philosophical nonsense.Who ask u if took a train to wherever?If u don't have a car,move away jor and stop whining.

5 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Anvaller: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2012
Risky_man:

You can wax your car all by yourself.. Just buy a wex from a car accessories shop, the instructions are written on it.

u forgot to tell him that it is not very easy though. He must be ready to shed some sweat while doing the polishing and if its a big car, that means more area to polish and more sweat. If he's not used to working out, advisably, don't think u would wax ur car and cruise it out immediately after, u might end up so tired to do so. Although its not a big deal if u are used to physical stuffs then u should be able to handle it.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by sawyerrola(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2012
this was a pet project owned by a friend. this was done just for the nice looks, but it sure did turn heads. its a nice feeling when i drive this. everybody loves positive attention (make we talk true sef!!!), just too much security wahala associated with it nowadays. but good looking cars will always turn heads of those that appreciate them.

6 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2012
Ebonykay(omoba):

My local washman..

I bought the wax and they use this polishing/waxing machine to go around my car..

Costs 3000 Naira.. Complete with washing it In, out and underneath, engine, waxing & Polishing, interior vacuming, polishing my dash and cleaning the trunk..

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ghettodreamz(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2012
Abali1: I drive a Toyota Avalon. But, I don't know if it's me or the car, cos I am very small in size compared to the car. When I step out of the car, wearing just casuals people tend to stare. I used to be shy, before but I have gotten used to it now.

The picture you painted above with your comment makes it sound like one of my friends, maybe it's just a coincidence, anyway..... undecided undecided undecided Toyota Avalon looks great though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Nissan Cars Stronger Than Toyota Cars? / Acting Igp Re-empasizes Ban On Roadblocks. / Some Questions To Ask An Installer Before Installing A Car Tracker In Your Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.