Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,088 members, 7,967,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:42 AM

Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) (21370 Views)

Onitsha Shopping Mall Commissioned By Obiano - Photos / Fashola Commissions Tejuosho Market / Port Harcourt Monorail Nearing Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 8:13am On Oct 31, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

You just contradicted yourself.

Is that supposed to be a cliche, or you couldn't think through my post?
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:25am On Nov 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Is that supposed to be a cliche, or you couldn't think through my post?

?? the word "contradiction" is a cliche? sir do you even know what a cliche is?
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

?? the word "contradiction" is a cliche? sir do you even know what a cliche is?

At all oh.
Educate me na. grin
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:03am On Nov 02, 2012
AjanleKoko:

At all oh.
Educate me na. grin

Oh I'm very happy to, It is always a joy for me to educate others smiley. The Word "cliche" means a phrase/saying that has

been overused and therefore become jaded.
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Oh I'm very happy to, It is always a joy for me to educate others smiley. The Word "cliche" means a phrase/saying that has

been overused and therefore become jaded.

Many thanks for the 'education'.
Pity you could not figure out the rest of my post though, and limited your rejoinder to 'you contradict yourself'.
But it's all good wink
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Tolaaaaannni(f): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Many thanks for the 'education'.
Pity you could not figure out the rest of my post though, and limited your rejoinder to 'you contradict yourself'.
But it's all good wink

If I couldn't figure out your post, how in the world would I know that you contradicted yourself somewhere?? common sense is the key word here,

well it's not so common is it? undecided
Re: Finally: New Tejuosho Shopping Mall Nearing Completion. (Pictures) by Wallie(m): 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
Emotions are flying high! grin

I think people fail to realize that the government of yesterday that strictly focused on giving handouts is long gone! Lagos decayed over the years before Fashola, not only because of thieving politicians and their cronies, but because the government did nothing to generate the revenue needed to sustain the population growth!

Interest free loans, and selling shops, houses, kiosks at below cost might be a good public policy but money needs to come from somewhere to sustain such policy. People clamor for better roads, schools, security, traffic alleviation etc but fail to think where the money to improve such facility will come from.

The federal allocation has essentially been the same over the years but the population of Lagos is rapidly increasing.

Lagos is a megacity with more demand for infrastructure than is currently available. The only way to reduce demand is to let market forces determine the price charged. Compare the list of most expensive cities in the world to Lagos and you will see that the major thing in common is demand that far outpaces supply.

Here’s the list:

1. Tokyo
2. Luanda, Angola
3. Osaka
4. Moscow
5. Geneva
6. Sydney
7. Shanghai
8. New York
9. Dublin
10. Karachi

Can you imagine trying to rent a shop in one of the cities above? My point is there are way too many people in need of shops and I’m almost 100% certain that if it were priced about NGN 200,000, a single person will own multiple shops! Even at today's current exorbitant price, I know people with multiple shops.

There comes a point when the cost of living in Lagos will not align with the realized economic gain, and at that point, each individual will need to rethink the need to live in Lagos.

On the other hand, a government cannot simply focus strictly on generating revenue while forgetting the downtrodden (or is it less fortunate?). Provisions need to be made to accommodate them, for example, Tejuosho might be out of reach to the average Lagosian cost-wise but a place like Mile 12 or Mushin shouldn’t be. If you chase out all the poor people, who's going to do all the menial jobs?

Lastly, private citizens that funded the project did so to earn a profit. If they charge too high a price, only a few people will buy it and they’ll be forced to reduce the price or sit on empty shops while paying back the loan they took from a bank. Supply vs demand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIRS Seals Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Company In Efforts To Curb Tax Evasion / Kerosene Business In Nigeria: Requirements And How To Get Started / How To Become A Registered Distributor Of Indomie Noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.