Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:41 AM

Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel (3460 Views)

Baby Found Alive In The Toilet [graphic Photo] / 15yr Old Boy Dresses As A Girl, Sneaks Into Female Hostel To See Them Naked(PiC) / Baby Found In A Polythene Bag In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by pellegrini2012: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
A two-day old baby abandoned by an unknown mother was found dead behind the Medical Students Hostel, University of Calabar near the office of the Cross River State first lady, Mrs. Obioma Liyel-Imoke.
Mrs. Imoke in the last five years had been waging war against teenage pregnancy and child abandonment through her pets’ projects and had been able to put a stop to rampant baby abandonment in the state despite alleged campaign of calumny carried recently against her.
Speaking at the scene where the dead baby was abandoned, special assistant to the Governor on Public Health/ NGO and Special Projects, Dr. Regina Ejemot-Nwadiaro said her attention was drawn to the incident by an anonymous caller which prompted her presence at the scene.
Nwadiaro said that immediately she got to the place, she called the Calabar Urban Development Authority, CUDA, who quickly responded to the call and subsequently alerted the Police.
She condemned the perpetrator of which she described as a dastardly act, callous, inhuman and outright wickedness.
According to her, “for the past five years the wife of the State Governor Mrs. Obioma Liyel-Imoke, has been championing the stamping out of teenage pregnancy child abandonment in the state through her project; Mothers’ Against Child Abandonment (MACA).
“It is thus, disheartening that in spite of the consistent efforts by Mrs. Obioma Liyel-Imoke and the MACA team, people could still dump babies.”

source: http://www.rosemarynkblog.com/abandoned-baby-found-behind-unical-hostel/

Re: Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by UmericanGirl(f): 5:35am On Oct 31, 2012
Not to sound like a b!tch, but that baby looks premature. Does Nigeria have the capabilities to handle severely premature babies? Are the hospitals equipped with NICUs? Chances are this baby would have died anyway, but that still doesnt make it ok to just dump it. So sad.
Re: Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by Mynd44: 6:05am On Oct 31, 2012
UmericanGirl: Not to sound like a b!tch, but that baby looks premature. Does Nigeria have the capabilities to handle severely premature babies? Are the hospitals equipped with NICUs? Chances are this baby would have died anyway, but that still doesnt make it ok to just dump it. So sad.
This post only reek of one thing. Ignorance WTF? Have you even been to Nigeria or had any contact with Nigeria?
Re: Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by UmericanGirl(f): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mynd_44:
This post only reek of one thing. Ignorance WTF? Have you even been to Nigeria or had any contact with Nigeria?

Ignorant? Far from it. I think you should know whats involved in keeping these children alive and then maintaining them. I have had 3 severely premature children each requiring extensive medical intervention and I know the costs and technology these children require to live. I have an entire ICU setup in my house. Do you know how expensive a NICU stay can be let alone medical care costs after?! How many children on ventilators have you seen in Nigeria? How many outside of hospitals? How many children have you seen on oxygen outside hospitals?
Re: Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by Mynd44: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
UmericanGirl:

Ignorant? Far from it. I think you should know whats involved in keeping these children alive and then maintaining them. I have had 3 severely premature children each requiring extensive medical intervention and I know the costs and technology these children require to live. I have an entire ICU setup in my house. Do you know how expensive a NICU stay can be let alone medical care costs after?! How many children on ventilators have you seen in Nigeria? How many outside of hospitals? How many children have you seen on oxygen outside hospitals?
I give up.
Re: Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by Blazay(m): 4:41am On Nov 02, 2012
The will of God.
He should be pleased with his PERFECT WORKS! wink
God surely knows when to abort his own infants! cry
After birth!

I am sure the female in question has cleaned her nyansh and returned to the 'Romance & Se-xuality' sections of NL to continue her 'virgin marian' runs! Or in 'Religious' section on NL doing 'O lord! Have You Phocked Me Yet Today?' cheesy

No telling what the circumstance that brought about this. . . . but there should be dignity in death for all humans.

One less 'pehnis' to worry about for sure!

The will of "GOD". . . .another missed PERIOD. . . .let the 'menses' begin! What stench! cry
Re: Abandoned Baby Found Behind UNICAL Hostel by Revolva(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Damm dis baby is dead. And its all these girls dat Bleep without their brain they are so silly now to use protection shame to the ignorat biych dat did dis

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Dangerous Places In Ikorodu & Most Dangerous Lagos Bus Stops / How To Bypass Facebook Friend Request Restrictions / Man Caught Eating Human Being//graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.