Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? (5989 Views)

South West Nigeria An Envy Of Other Regions / Why Can't Other Regions Be Like The Middlebelt? / I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by felifeli: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2012
Abagworo:

The way you people reason makes me wonder how old you are. Criminals are found everywhere in the world and that is why every language has word for stealing or robbery. The crime rate in Nigeria increased recently(from around 2003). Prior to that our banks had no security doors, there were no bullet proof bullion vans, very few pipeline vandalization, rare kidnappings, rare bombing. Rather than trading blames, why can't we ask ourselves how suddenly from 2003 militancy, kidnapping, bank robbery and bombing became a norm in Nigeria?

E be like say you don chop too much gworo. I was only correcting your girlfriend's assertion.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikeyman00(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2012
@@@

hmmm cant believe this oo

coming up to 24hrs the thread is thrown open

the haters, illusionist and pretenders cant come up with a reason

well nnenna u surprised ?

but one thing that raises my eye browse why are some people always look out for an igbo thread

check out the first woman to post on the thread shocked
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by MrGlobe(m): 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
geeez:

It was a political statement my friend. You know deep within you that it's so untrue.

Okay for the sake of this argument, lets assume it is. How much of it do you own? A least I can count mine.
You are a nincompoop with a very low brain. You represent the recent IQ test results of Nigerians. If I tell you I own 10 houses in abuja, how will you confirm it? I though you said you called el rufai, why are you now backtracking. lies

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by geeez: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

You are a nincompoop with a very low brain. You represent the recent IQ test results of Nigerians. If I tell you I own 10 houses in abuja, how will you confirm it? I though you said you called el rufai, why are you now backtracking. lies

Not just ten. You own everything. Shebi you are Mr. Globe
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by MrGlobe(m): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
geeez:

Not just ten. You own everything. Shebi you are Mr. Globe
grin
You are officially a dunce!

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by djon78(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
my dear nnenna u dont have to be surprised, one thing I know is that in no distant time all this Igbo bashing will end.

in southwest it is only Lagos that we have huge population of Igbos, in breaking down lagos economy the seaport and the markets are the major attraction that draws the Igbos because a lot are traders.

1 this present government is working to decentralise the seaport so that PH, calabar and warri seaports can also be used for import, and with the current flooding in river niger, the river will be dredged thereby opening up onitsha and lokoja port.
2 with the way govt is working towards availabity of constant electric, a lot of industries producing for export will spring up in the east and this will cause a lot of Igbos resident outside the zone to come back because there will be jobs and opportunities

3 with decentralisation of seaport and industrialisation in the east as a result of steady electric, there will be no need for all those markets in Lagos so most Igbos will migrate home.

the truth is that with time there may be very few Igbos residing in Lagos and far north because a lot of changes is gradually being put in place little by little by this present government which will open the south east, substantial proportion of Igbos will still reside in middle belt and some part of south south like Calabar, PH,

only those that are myopic cannot see these trends but soon you will begin to see these facts I ve raised, then those other regions will eat their land while Igbos will be gone home.

just mark these facts i ve stated cos it will begin to unfold
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by felifeli: 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
djon78: my dear nnenna u dont have to be surprised, one thing I know is that in no distant time all this Igbo bashing will end.

in southwest it is only Lagos that we have huge population of Igbos, in breaking down lagos economy the seaport and the markets are the major attraction that draws the Igbos because a lot are traders.

1 this present government is working to decentralise the seaport so that PH, calabar and warri seaports can also be used for import, and with the current flooding in river niger, the river will be dredged thereby opening up onitsha and lokoja port.
2 with the way govt is working towards availabity of constant electric, a lot of industries producing for export will spring up in the east and this will cause a lot of Igbos resident outside the zone to come back because there will be jobs and opportunities

3 with decentralisation of seaport and industrialisation in the east as a result of steady electric, there will be no need for all those markets in Lagos so most Igbos will migrate home.

the truth is that with time there may be very few Igbos residing in Lagos and far north because a lot of changes is gradually being put in place little by little by this present government which will open the south east, substantial proportion of Igbos will still reside in middle belt and some part of south south like Calabar, PH,

only those that are myopic cannot see these trends but soon you will begin to see these facts I ve raised, then those other regions will eat their land while Igbos will be gone home.

just mark these facts i ve stated cos it will begin to unfold

You mean you will finally be going and I will soon be able to walk freely in Lagos without someone trying to sell me 2nd hand underpants?! O happy day *sings*

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by MrGlobe(m): 4:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
felifeli:

You mean you will finally be going and I will soon be able to walk freely in Lagos without someone trying to sell me 2nd hand underpants?! O happy day *sings*
are you sure you will walk free by then because hunger will tear you and yoir tribe apart like it is doing in osun and oyo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikenna44: 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

are you sure you will walk free by then because hunger will tear you and yoir tribe apart like it is doing in osun and oyo.
abeg help me tell d area-boy oo
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
nku5:

Chei! See reverse accusation o! Igbos are good learners I must admit but na Yoruba invent crime for naija o! Oya let's goooo theeeere!!!

Armed Robbery - pioneered by Dr Oyenusi and perfected by Shina Rambo who went cross-border

Drug trafficking - pioneered by the likes of "Eleganza" and most fuji singers before we even knew what cocaine was

Cannibalism - your traditions require that the flesh of newly dead obas be shared by the chiefs. I will soon be back with the links

Filth - hmmmmm. Let's not even start

The worst ritual killing in Nigeria - Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto

The worst ritual killing location in Nigeria - Okija shrine

The worst 419 in Nigerian history - Nwude and Anajemba

The worst armed robber in Nigerian history- Eze Derico

The worst kidnapper in Nigerian history - Mazi Osiskankwu

The worst cannibal in Nigerian history Igwe Clifford Orji

The worst Fraudster of Nigerian heritage- Tobechukwu Onwuhara

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikenna44: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
mr man go nd eat...u sound lik sum1 dat's starving...aturu!!!
dayokanu:

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
ikenna44: mr man go nd eat...u sound lik sum1 dat's starving...aturu!!!

I thought it was Biafrans complaining of starvation
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikenna44: 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
u dnt even knw where u belong...a.hole!!! if ur tribe lost half of wat d ibos lost during d war...u wouldnt be here 2day!!! ur parents wud ve starved to death!!! get a life!!!
NO IBO...NO NIGERIA!!! PERIOD!!!
dayokanu:

I thought it was Biafrans complaining of starvation

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikeyman00(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
that bas tard dayokanu need to hang his self

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
ikenna44: u dnt even knw where u belong...a.hole!!! if ur tribe lost half of wat d ibos lost during d war...u wouldnt be here 2day!!! ur parents wud ve starved to death!!! get a life!!!
NO IBO...NO NIGERIA!!! PERIOD!!!

Yes o I can see that the Biafra starvation still dey pain una.

Next time dont start a war hoping your opponent feed you
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikenna44: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Oga u dnt ve anytin 2 say...shut d f.uck up!
dayokanu:

Yes o I can see that the Biafra starvation still dey pain una.

Next time dont start a war hoping your opponent feed you

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Igbo

When would you pack out of SouthWest and move back to your goforsaken village
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by nku5: 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Nobody sabi derico outside onitsha but the Yoruba armed robbery icons Oyenusi and his future Yoruba posse were the first nigerians to be shot by firing squad at the bar beach.

Gbomo gbomo is a Yoruba tradition passed down from one generation to the next. Igbo criminal dey learn from una

Credit card fraud was introduced to the world by Yoruba guys from peckham. I don't save links to all these things otherwise I for help u with some Yoruba landmark history

As for cannibalism, no be two Yoruba boys wey dem catch for festac with their younger bro inside cooking pot some months ago. Sotay una people come dissect oba funso adeolu body take throw owambe

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by bushwailo: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

SE has the highest Education rate.
Lowest Child mortality rate
Lowest Poverty incidence
Highest in female education
But very BAD Infrastructure

You need to see Lagos during Christmas when the Igbos have left. It becomes a shell of itself.
I think the economic impact of Igbos in Nigeria is under-emphasised and portrayed with Anger and Jealosy.
But I think Igbos bring it on themselves with all their chest beating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by Balkan(m): 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
My fellow Igbos, I have said it this time without number that Igbos in Nigeria are the reason why Nigerian is called the Gaint of
Africa. Why do you think ofenmnu people are jealous of the Igbos? The only reason is because we are superior to them.
They can only be jealous. My own take is for us to ignore this dregs of humanity called yorobbers.

Lagos is an annex of Igbo land, if you like call it land grabbing that's your wahala. We will never relent untill they become tenants in Lagos. Let them speed up their bigotry
It does not change the obvious. You only throw sticks to trees that bear fruit and ignore the trees that are fruitless . Why do you think they only attack Igbos in this forum?
The other tribes are not their problem.

I am a proud Igbo man. Yorobbers can only rant and diatribe because it's a gift of nature to them, it does not change the palpable situation. The economic power is in the
Hand of Igbos. Let them keep up with their prejudice and continue to be in state of pique.

Fetid set of lineage called yorubas. You guys stink! Your genealogical tree need to be examined. When are you to put a stop to this your asperity and acrimony?
I have said it here that your ranting can not take you any where, I know some of you have Igbo friends they can help you out to set up a business that can keep you
busy and make you get a life ok?
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
bushwailo:
Lowest Poverty incidence

You need to see Lagos during Christmas when the Igbos have left. It becomes a shell of itself.
I think the economic impact of Igbos in Nigeria is under-emphasised and portrayed with Anger and Jealosy.

Check this stats from the government here. I can help you with some extract

Oyo state Poverty 51.8% Unemployment 8.9%
Osun State Poverty 37.9% Unemployment 3%
Ogun State Poverty 62.3% Unemployment 22.9%
Ondo State Poverty 45.7% Unemployment 12.5%
Ekiti State Poverty 52.4% Unemployment 12.1%
Lagos State Poverty 48.6% Unemployment 8.3%

Anambra State Poverty 56.8% Unemployment 12.1%
Enugu State Poverty 62.5% Unemployment 25.2%
Imo State Poverty 50.5% Unemployment 26.1%
Abia State Poverty 57.4% Unemployment 11.2%
Ebonyi State Poverty 73.6% Unemployment 23.1%

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information

Osun Oyo and Lagos State have Unemployment under 10 % and Only Ogun State have over 20%. No single Igbo state has Unemployment under 10% actually 3 of them have over 20%

In terms of Poverty Lagos, Osun and Ondo have Poverty under 50% , While No single Igbo state have Poverty under 50% Ebonyi has almost 3/4 of the people living in abject poverty

No wonder every Igbo man wants to flee the hunger and poverty in Igbo land to the Southwest

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by MrGlobe(m): 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2012
^
I hope you got these stats from your anus and that of the fraudulent yorobberman in charge of that agency. They dont refect whats on ground. You must be baba suwe or his offspring to think we believe this figment of Yoruba imagination.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by felifeli: 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Hunger in Osun and Oyo! Guy you are believing your Biafra propaganda again.Will you people never learn? SMH
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^
I hope you got these stats from your anus and that of the fraudulent yorobberman in charge of that agency. They dont refect whats on ground. You must be baba suwe or his offspring to think we believe this figment of Yoruba imagination.

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information/details/Imo
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by dayokanu(m): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mr. Globe:
^

Here is another one Nigerian states by GDP, Showing Enugu state on the same level as Adamawa and Anambra below Benue and Osun, While Oyo bests any Igbo state

Add all 5 SW states minus Lagos and compare it to the total of all SE states and get back to me. (Thats 5 states vs 5 states) all minus Lagos

Rank State GDP (PPP$)
1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023
2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422
3 Delta State 16,749,250,544
4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484
5 Imo State 14,212,637,486
6 Kano State 12,393,103,864
7 Edo State 11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785
11 Cross River State 9,292,059,207
12 Abia State 8,687,442,705
13 Ondo State 8,414,302,623
14 Osun State 7,280,597,521
15 Benue State 6,864,209,262
16 Anambra State 6,764,219,562
17 Katsina State 6,022,655,197
18 Niger State 6,002,007,080
19 Borno State 5,175,165,142
20 Plateau State 5,154,059,937
21 Sokoto State 4,818,615,261
22 Bauchi State 4,713,858,180
23 Kogi State 4,642,794,262
24 Adamawa State 4,582,045,246
25 Enugu State 4,396,590,769
26 Bayelsa State 4,337,065,923
27 Zamfara State 4,123,829,498
28 Kwara State 3,841,827,534
29 Taraba State 3,397,790,217
30 Kebbi State 3,290,847,166
31 Nassarawa State 3,022,828,885
32 Jigawa State 2,988,014,405
33 Ekiti State 2,848,372,512
34 Ebonyi State 2,732,472,739
35 Gombe State 2,500,467,306
36 Yobe State 2,011,499,081
- Federal Capital Territory 5,010,968,012

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by MrGlobe(m): 11:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
felifeli:

Hunger in Osun and Oyo! Guy you are believing your Biafra propaganda again.Will you people never learn? SMH
which resources does those areas have, how are they feeding? what is happening there, have you been there before, and I forgot to add Ekiti to the list.
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by Balkan(m): 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Osun Oyo and Lagos State have Unemployment under 10 % and Only Ogun State have over 20%. No single Igbo state has Unemployment under 10% actually 3 of them have over 20%

Very funny guy. I just de laugh. You keep posting this your statistics in every analysis. That shows how incongruous and incoherent you are.
I like engaging rational and analytical dudes in any thread, it's awful you are not in that league. I rather hold on for another of your tribesman.

In terms of Poverty Lagos, Osun and Ondo have Poverty under 50% , While No single Igbo state have Poverty under 50% Ebonyi has almost 3/4 of the people living in abject poverty

No wonder every Igbo man wants to flee the hunger and poverty in Igbo land to the Southwest
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by felifeli: 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Don't mind them o. In fact ALL the unemployment and poverty in SW is made up of Ibo parasites. When they finally go entire SW will have poverty and unemployment 0%. *sings* O happy day. grin grin
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by ikenna44: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
Its 'wil u pple "ever" learn? Dumbf.uck!
felifeli:

Will you people never learn? SMH
Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by demmie1: 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
bushwailo:
Lowest Poverty incidence

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by Balkan(m): 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu:

dayokanu:

Very funny guy. I just de laugh. You keep posting this your statistics in every analysis. That shows how incongruous and incoherent you are.
I like engaging rational and analytical dudes in any thread, it's awful you are not in that league. I rather hold on for another of your tribesman.

Re: Why Does Everyone Make Such A Big Deal Of Igbos Migrating To Other Regions? by MrGlobe(m): 11:53pm On Oct 29, 2012
just use that your shitty list to wipe you azz. You are making up unnecessary space here, yawwwwwwn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 / Buhari To Open EFCC’s Anti-corruption Summit On Tuesday / Ayodele Fayose Spotted At Apc Secretariat In Ado Ekiti - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.