Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,903 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:53 PM

Does Satan Have Any Powers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Satan Have Any Powers (897 Views)

Where does Satan currently live? / Does Satan Really Exist? / Does Satan Really Eat With His Left Hand? And Other Quranic Discrepancies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Satan Have Any Powers by ecoleco: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2012
This is a face-off between

Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." and similar scriptures

versus

Luke 4:6 "And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it." AND Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

My pastor thinks the devil has no power at all and he often quotes I Peter 5:8, where the devil like a roaring lion seeks whom to devour. He says that the devil is a master of deception but does not have real power.

What do you think?
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by advocate666: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2012
try and see.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by elveco: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2012
In dt Luke 4:6, d devil bin trickish was tryin to see if he can stop Christ frm accomplishing His mission which he cannot do.

Besides, Christ came to restore to mankind - d dominion which d devil stole 4rm him (Philippians 2:5-11). Meanwhile, for us to excersise dis authority over satan, we must be born again.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2012
The devil has power and does not have power as stated in the bible.

Its quite confusing but u cannot understand it with your physical mind, you have to be in the spirit to understand.
Don't worry my brother, just have faith and you will believe.

Don't mind these atheists that like to use their brains for everything. Some things must not be questioned or analysed, just obey.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by ecoleco: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2012
Ok...Please more people should weigh in on this topic...
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by F00028: 10:59am On Oct 29, 2012
at first, only the power of persuasion but once you give in to him, then he has all power over you.

1 Like

Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
Is this a scriptural or logical arguement?
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
YES SATAN HAS EXTREME POWER, BUT ONLY OVER THOSE WHOM THE LORD HAS REMOVED HIS PROTECTION FROM

2 Likes

Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
I used to think Satan was powerless, until I had a vision about hell...

Red, sticky with cooked flesh floating, the bowl of peppersoup and cow meat was handed over to me. I had heard stories about this scary place, but never heard about the chef.

The following was a conversation I had with him..

@Satan: We didn't get to hear your
version. What really happened?
Lucifer: You see I was king of
heaven, then Yahweh and Gabriel
conspired against me. They kicked
me out. Of course, I was the one
who planted the tree. Yahweh was
scared. He knew that if mankind
knew the truth, they won't worship
Him. Why do you think He rules by
fear? Look at the number of people
He destroyed in the Old
Testament... how many did I kill?
So I possessed a snake (by the way,
forget those stories, snakes never
had legs, I created them to slide),
and told Eve the truth. Then she
told Adam, and Yahweh was very
displeased.. Of course, since then
mankind have tried to serve me, by
chasing knowledge and freedom,
yet Yahweh has always kept
punishing them.. Jelosi go kill am...
me: but Satan, na wa o.. which kain
yarns be dis? Truly, you be
deceiver..
Satan: you say... no be yahweh dey
do all the evil wey dey this world,
when im finish una go come blame
me?
The Lord is a man of war; Yahweh
is his name." – Exodus 15.3
I the Lord your God am a jealous
God, visiting the iniquity of the
fathers upon the children unto
the third and fourth generation’ –
Exodus 20.5
And the LORD spake unto Moses,
saying, Get you up from among
this congregation, that I may
consume them as in a
moment ..." (Numbers 16.41,45)
‘You shall annihilate them -
Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites,
Perizzites, Hivites, Jebusites – as
Yahweh your God commanded
you.’ – Deuteronomy 20.11,18.
me: , stop stop e don do.. *hails
fela, hitler, michael jackson, all
the catholic priests, all the
sinning christians, nigerian
politicians, oledepo, adeboye...
plus all my african ancestors wey
no hear abt Jesus...*
na wa for dat Yahweh o...

1 Like

Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by God2man(m): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
Read Ephesians 6:12. What do you think?

God2man.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by pastormustwacc: 3:41am On Oct 30, 2012
I apologize for the long post, the aim of this post is just to show you that satan is not as powerless as many people want to think. Yes, but his powers are limited and cannot withstand the blood of Jesus.

Jude 1:9

Weymouth New Testament
But Michael the Archangel, when contending with the Devil and arguing with him about the body of Moses, did not dare to pronounce judgement on him in abusive terms, but simply said, "The Lord rebuke you."

If you wish to learn the weak links in satan's amour and how a born-again christian can overcome him, and how to battle with him especially in this end-time - look at this thread below:
Power In The Speaking Blood : Weapons Of The End-time!

Let me just copy a small bit of the thread here:
Revelation 12:11
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death."
They overcame him by the blood of the lamb. This does not give us a picture of Christians sitting down doing nothing and expecting the victory of Christ to drop on them like ripe apples. "They overcame" denotes that it took a process of time. They were doing something. They were pleading the blood.

The blood always overcomes the enemy. It might take time but it always overcomes. This is especially true when you first begin to use the blood. As your revelation in the power of the blood increases so will the authority of Christ available to you increase.

Pleading the blood is something we should do continuously and persistently. This is very important in spiritual warfare just as it is necessary in other areas of spiritual growth.
But it does not end there, you need to know more.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by chrisj2000(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2012
there's no satan not to talk of power. there's no god, no jesus, no satan, no mohhamed, no heaven, no hellfire, no paradise. all religious ideas and believes are the same hocus-pocus. tell me why god will slaughter his son so that he can forgive our sins, why not just forgive our sins? if my biological father loves me so much, does he need to express this love by killing one of my brothers? as if that is not stupid enough, crazy bible went further to tell us that this alleged god son rose from death after three days in the grave. decomposition starts immedietely after death and three days is long enough for total decomposition of a deceased human body.

1 Like

Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by ecoleco: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2012
chrisj2000: tell me why god will slaughter his son so that he can forgive our sins, why not just forgive our sins?.

Hi Chris, I must say that your question is very valid. I mean why would God not just forgive sins. But you must know that God is the creator and there are laws and principles He set in place during creation. Assume yourself Chris to be a car maker i.e you design cars and then someone walks up to you and ask, " Chris, why do you make cars that wear down over time or why do you make cars to use fuel and engine oil, causing users to incur additional cost? Chris, that's very silly of you." Do you see the folly in the question? Now according to the law of nature, moving parts must wear down over time. That is a law built into this realm of existence.There is nothing anybody can do about it. In like manner, God has built some laws into creation. One of which is that without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sin. That is the way God built it and we have to accept it that way just as we accept the laws of nature that we cannot change. This question is like asking, "why should moving parts wear out over time?" A law of nature called friction has made it so - simple

Until I have a chance of finding out why God designed it that way, that is when His saints will be with Him for all eternity, I must accept what He has put in place.
chrisj2000: this alleged god son rose from death after three days in the grave. decomposition starts immediately after death and three days is long enough for total decomposition of a deceased human body.

Chris, have you seen the Pupa of a butterfly? U remember the egg - larva - pupa - adult metamorphosis of insects right? The larva and pupa are very inactive and they do not look anything like the mature butterfly that fly around. They do not even have wings at all and they have different structure and functions different from the mature butterfly. You also know that some animals do shed their skin right? In like manner, there is a corruptible body and incorruptible body. The corruptible body is the one that decomposes at death just as you have pointed out. Christ died with the corruptible body but He rose with a different body - the incorruptible body A.K.A celestial body. This is the hope of believers. This incorruptible body is not inhibited by material items and that was why Christ could appear at the room why His disciples were though the doors were locked.

Hope I have attempted to answer your questions. I see lots of innocence in your questions and I will be glad to answer other arguments you may have against Christianity. Feel free to inbox me.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by Sirniyeh(m): 9:02am On Oct 31, 2012
The first thing weneed to clarify is to describe the POWER you are referring to. There is no power as powerful as mental power. All those Jesus theologies are erroneous. If you want to dare whether satan has power or not, go and confront a witch. Most nigerian xtians are deceived and its a pity. I know five pastors who are blind and yet claim to possess power of God to pray for others. I know some top nigerian pastors whose siblings suffer leprosy, paralysis, ets and they could not do anything and they claim they belong to most powerful God. Those who believe that satan has no power are gone astray. Akinade, Oyedepo, Joshua, Oyakhilome, etc can not deny satan.
Civilisation we benefit today began by the power of satan. There is difference btw satan power and evil power. Any power that does not comform with bible is satanic, thats what they say.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by enkibeloved: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2012
My Father Satan is the most powerful and merciful God. You can't know this truth kept away from poeple through misinformations by selfish and greedy christians if you don't come to Him. Read through this thread to find out the truth about His power: www.nairaland.com/1088949/truth-satans-power
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by chrisj2000(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
ecoleco:

Hi Chris, I must say that your question is very valid. I mean why would God not just forgive sins. But you must know that God is the creator and there are laws and principles He set in place during creation. Assume yourself Chris to be a car maker i.e you design cars and then someone walks up to you and ask, " Chris, why do you make cars that wear down over time or why do you make cars to use fuel and engine oil, causing users to incur additional cost? Chris, that's very silly of you." Do you see the folly in the question? Now according to the law of nature, moving parts must wear down over time. That is a law built into this realm of existence.There is nothing anybody can do about it. In like manner, God has built some laws into creation. One of which is that without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sin. That is the way God built it and we have to accept it that way just as we accept the laws of nature that we cannot change. This question is like asking, "why should moving parts wear out over time?" A law of nature called friction has made it so - simple

Until I have a chance of finding out why God designed it that way, that is when His saints will be with Him for all eternity, I must accept what He has put in place.

Chris, have you seen the Pupa of a butterfly? U remember the egg - larva - pupa - adult metamorphosis of insects right? The larva and pupa are very inactive and they do not look anything like the mature butterfly that fly around. They do not even have wings at all and they have different structure and functions different from the mature butterfly. You also know that some animals do shed their skin right? In like manner, there is a corruptible body and incorruptible body. The corruptible body is the one that decomposes at death just as you have pointed out. Christ died with the corruptible body but He rose with a different body - the incorruptible body A.K.A celestial body. This is the hope of believers. This incorruptible body is not inhibited by material items and that was why Christ could appear at the room why His disciples were though the doors were locked.

Hope I have attempted to answer your questions. I see lots of innocence in your questions and I will be glad to answer other arguments you may have against Christianity. Feel free to inbox me.

In as much as i'm not gonna argue with an obstinate, i'm not gonna condone any sort of foul words directed at me by a bible junkie.
bible is the word of god and everything written in it is true. just ask god in the name of jesus to cure every one afflicted with cancer because bible says that whatever you ask the father in the name of crazy jesus shall be given to you.
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
musKeeto: I used to think Satan was powerless, until I had a vision about hell...

Red, sticky with cooked flesh floating, the bowl of peppersoup and cow meat was handed over to me. I had heard stories about this scary place, but never heard about the chef.

The following was a conversation I had with him..

@Satan: We didn't get to hear your
version. What really happened?
Lucifer: You see I was king of
heaven, then Yahweh and Gabriel
conspired against me. They kicked
me out. Of course, I was the one
who planted the tree. Yahweh was
scared. He knew that if mankind
knew the truth, they won't worship
Him. Why do you think He rules by
fear? Look at the number of people
He destroyed in the Old
Testament... how many did I kill?
So I possessed a snake (by the way,
forget those stories, snakes never
had legs, I created them to slide),
and told Eve the truth. Then she
told Adam, and Yahweh was very
displeased.. Of course, since then
mankind have tried to serve me, by
chasing knowledge and freedom,
yet Yahweh has always kept
punishing them.. Jelosi go kill am...
me: but Satan, na wa o.. which kain
yarns be dis? Truly, you be
deceiver..
Satan: you say... no be yahweh dey
do all the evil wey dey this world,
when im finish una go come blame
me?
The Lord is a man of war; Yahweh
is his name." – Exodus 15.3
I the Lord your God am a jealous
God, visiting the iniquity of the
fathers upon the children unto
the third and fourth generation’ –
Exodus 20.5
And the LORD spake unto Moses,
saying, Get you up from among
this congregation, that I may
consume them as in a
moment ..." (Numbers 16.41,45)
‘You shall annihilate them -
Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites,
Perizzites, Hivites, Jebusites – as
Yahweh your God commanded
you.’ – Deuteronomy 20.11,18.
me: , stop stop e don do.. *hails
fela, hitler, michael jackson, all
the catholic priests, all the
sinning christians, nigerian
politicians, oledepo, adeboye...
plus all my african ancestors wey
no hear abt Jesus...*
na wa for dat Yahweh o...

wow lovely article. wish every Christians could read this and free themselves from this evil god. As far as i know, the bible god is worse than all the tyrants the world have ever seen,including his bastard virgin son(jesus).
Re: Does Satan Have Any Powers by ecoleco: 7:17am On Nov 05, 2012
chrisj2000:

In as much as i'm not gonna argue with an obstinate, i'm not gonna condone any sort of foul words directed at me by a bible junkie.
bible is the word of god and everything written in it is true. just ask god in the name of jesus to cure every one afflicted with cancer because bible says that whatever you ask the father in the name of crazy jesus shall be given to you.

I have never used any foul word on anybody ever on this forum. Check all my comments from my profile.I didnt use a foul word on you Chris and I will never do that. The word "silly" in my comments was in quotes. The intention of the quote was to connect you back to your previous accusation of the Bible as silly so that you can follow in the flow of the argument you started on your first comment. Take care Chris.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Believe Doctors But Not Pastors? / THE 99 CLUB - Author Unknown / Shdemidemi Please Explain What You Mean By Repentance Is for Jews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.