Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,467 members, 7,885,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 08:55 PM

Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? (2529 Views)

Is Hitting A Child Really Necessary In Correcting That Child???? / Is Hitting A Woman I Prove Of Love?(pix) / Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 30, 2012
Ok, so i am just going to talk about my experience with females who think men should never hit women

First event
Ok, when i was in high school, i was walking to the locker room, when this girl approach me with my ex GF. she was talking so much stuff that really didnt have to relate with me so i ignored her. she got mad, and told me she will slap me. In a matter of 5 secs, gbosa ifoti oloyin (nice slap landed on my left cheeks) i didnt know what happened, i just went off to class, and didnt do anything, this was actually three years ago angry angry

2nd event happened recently with this girl that just came from Nigeria and enrolled at my Uni. cry I was close to the library and i saw one of my friends, he had on a nice chain and i ran off to him to ask where he got it from. This girl just hit me on my stomach, gbosa (ok yall knw how hard igbo girls hand are grin) i staggered o. I asked her why she said because she was talking to him first. (wth). I retaliated and kicked her under her shoe. 50-50 no cheating. she got mad and i said sorry but quietly though. Before i knew it, she started talking to one other girl about how i hit her. She told me to apologize and i said i wont cause she hit me first. I mean isnt that self defense? She started using some words that i dont like to explain what i did, i played cool though. What got me mad was what she Said. If a girl hits You, no matter the DAMN CIRCUMSTANCE, YOU should never hit her back. shocked

I am a guy, who dont believe in violence against females, but their is something called equal rights, if a girl hits me first, depending on my mood, 7 out of 10, i will be hitting her back, no doubts!
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 30, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, when an woman physically assaults a man, she is extending an invitation to be hit back. Sounds like a fair (almost) street fight to me. It is quite hypocritical to start crying foul when that invitation is accepted. Of course if the man takes the liberty to inflict grievous bodily harm on her, he too shouldn't be surprised to end up in jail for a long time while she gets off with community service and anger management classes. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 30, 2012
Now if you fight and both go your way, that's one thing but if you both go home together and sleep on the same bed, wake up the next day and do the same thing again, and do it again the next day after that (you get my drift) you should unequivocally start going your separate ways till y'all resolve your issues one way or the other.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 30, 2012
ileobatojo: As far as I'm concerned, when an woman physically assaults a man, she is extending an invitation to be hit back. Sounds like a fair (almost) street fight to me. It is quite hypocritical to start crying foul when that invitation is accepted. Of course if the man takes the liberty to inflict grievous bodily harm on her, he too shouldn't be surprised to end up in jail for a long time while she gets off with community service and anger management classes. grin grin
i told her the same thing. i said she hit me first and expects me to do nothing, and just watch like a gentleman? i mean if she was like my girlfriend, i would just let go or turn it into a joke, but for a girl that i only say hi to in school, i just find it stupid to hit me anyhow. i mean why are some females stupid? i told her if she hits me again, i will hit her back, and i wont feel bad about it. grin
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 30, 2012
Donlittle: i mean why are some females stupid? i told her if she hits me again, i will hit her back, and i wont feel bad about it. grin

Yeah, I truly feel no pity for that girl in your story. Hopefully, your words taught her a valuable lesson to stop going around assaulting people in the name of I'm a female so I can't be touched. Hopefully she does not have to lose life or limb at the hands of a mentally unhinged person before she learns that lesson. Crazy a*ss woman.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by amosy007: 4:24am On Oct 30, 2012
So how or why do we justify spanking women buttt during hot sex.. Especially on dogggy style
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 30, 2012
No one has monopoly of violence, if a girl opens the door then it becomes self defence, but it doesn't mean go all crazy and inflict bodily harm that one go enter seperate case.
I have a friend who dates a perpetual cheat but she keeps saying she can handle him, whenever she catches him she gives him some dirty slaps in fromnt of the girl, the last time she slapped he slapped back, anyway she was smart enough not to make it an issue.
He cane to my office to report himself and I called her she came in and rightly said as far as she is concerned the slap was not an issue because she slapped first, but she was leaving him because she had enough of the cheating.
So as I say any one who starts hitting male or female is an abuser, women don't get free passes for being violent
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by omiobo: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2012
If my wife hit me,I won't ever hit her back but she will pay dearly in many ways.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by here: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2012
Never hit a woman
and for self defense no it doesnt begin by attacking back if the attacking force is stronger(like never take a kick), it begins by avoiding it or using the flow of such(driving a kick thru followed by a punch)
Was wrong of her to have done that to you but guez if you had been polite enough to know when and how to enter a discussion such would have been avoided.
Trust me if it was a bullet for your pal you wanted to talk to,you wouldnt have had time to retaliate,would you?
Do remember in certain societies assault could be cause of death if it happened within space of 1yr.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2012
omiobo: If my wife hit me,I won't ever hit her back but she will pay dearly in many ways.

Sorry but why would she even do that in the first place? Some women sha!

My view in all these is: a woman shouldn't cause trouble and in justifying her action, start using the gender card.

If you hit a man first, don't be surprised when same is done to you. If you don't like violence, then don't initiate it.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by EfemenaXY: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2012
amosy007: So how or why do we justify spanking women buttt during hot sex.. Especially on dogggy style

Grow up!

That's different, especially if he's got her consent and she's comfortable with it.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2012
My take on this is simple. If a woman slaps a man then she is inviting a slap in return.
Why should anyone be violent towards another irrespective of the sex.

It's crazy when a woman expects to hit a man and then will cry out if she is hit in return.
Who gave anybody the right to hit another? Even kids don't deserve that.

Likewise, if a man hits a woman first then i urge such women to retaliate with anything within their reach even if it is a shotgun. tongue
An eye for an eye may make the whole world blind but then we will learn to respect one another.

1 Like

Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by mazaje(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
No one has a monopoly of violence. . .Women are physically weaker than men as such they should never be the once to throw the first punch. Not long ago I didn't stop a friend's younger brother from giving my friend's wife the beating of her life when she slapped him in our precence and also in the precence of her kids and some other kids for correcting her very stubborn child who was just so unbearable. The child was all over the place beating other kids and cursing out at the adults(House maid and another lady) that were trying to calm him down. When the uncle came in and tried to calm him down the child insulted the uncle and kicked him shocked shocked. The uncle then beat him up. The child ran to his mum who came down screaming and swearing(she wasn't interested in knowing what had happend) and gave her husband's younger brother two dirty slaps in our presence. Imagine the stupid woman slapping a medical doctor because she feels she is crazy. The guy gave her the beating of her life. I only intervened when I felt she was dead because she was unconscious for a while. She passed out and I quickely went and pulled the guy away from her. She ended up being sick for about a week because of the serious beating she recieved. If I find my self in his shoes I will do the same thing he did. If any woman slaps me in that kind of circumstance I MUST slap back and beat her up. Animals need to be treated as animals and human beings need to be treated as human beings. If you behave like and animal thinking because you are a woman you will get away with it then be sure to be treated as one. My two cents. . .

8 Likes

Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by amosy007: 2:33am On Oct 31, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Grow up!

That's different, especially if he's got her consent and she's comfortable with it.
u seem to like it that way lipsrsealed
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Smuthx(m): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
mazaje: No one has a monopoly of violence. . .Women are physically weaker than men as such they should never be the once to throw the first punch. Not long ago I didn't stop a friend's younger brother from giving my friend's wife the beating of her life when she slapped him in our precence and also in the precence of her kids and some other kids for correcting her very stubborn child who was just so unbearable. The child was all over the place beating other kids and cursing out at the adults(House maid and another lady) that were trying to calm him down. When the uncle came in and tried to calm him down the child insulted the uncle and kicked him shocked shocked. The uncle then beat him up. The child ran to his mum who came down screaming and swearing(she wasn't interested in knowing what had happend) and gave her husband's younger brother two dirty slaps in our presence. Imagine the stupid woman slapping a medical doctor because she feels she is crazy. The guy gave her the beating of her life. I only intervened when I felt she was dead because she was unconscious for a while. She passed out and I quickely went and pulled the guy away from her. She ended up being sick for about a week because of the serious beating she recieved. If I find my self in his shoes I will do the same thing he did. If any woman slaps me in that kind of circumstance I MUST slap back and beat her up. Animals need to be treated as animals and human beings need to be treated as human beings. If you behave like and animal thinking because you are a woman you will get away with it then be sure to be treated as one. My two cents. . .
your story is not complete. What did the husband do after that incident. Dont ever have it in your thought system to hit or slap someone's wife even she is your sister. In some homes, the person will be sleeping in the police cell. Or the husband will physically fight you and you wil always be wrong be it for the police or in the eye of a neutral person.

Dont think of hitting or slapping someone's wife because the storm that will follow it. You cant predict where it will lead to.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by MrsChima(f): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
I see little boys are still pulling ponytails in the sandbox. Such a shame.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I see little boys are still pulling ponytails in the sandbox. Such a shame.
mrs chima wat do u mean? she abused me first though, i shouldnt do anything?
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by MrsChima(f): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
Donlittle: mrs chima wat do u mean? she abused me first though, i shouldnt do anything?

Did I say your name You sound a bit guilty.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Did I say your name You sound a bit guilty.
grin no i dont,just saying cool
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by TV01(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
mazaje: No one has a monopoly of violence. . .Women are physically weaker than men as such they should never be the once to throw the first punch. Not long ago I didn't stop a friend's younger brother from giving my friend's wife the beating of her life when she slapped him in our precence and also in the precence of her kids and some other kids for correcting her very stubborn child who was just so unbearable. The child was all over the place beating other kids and cursing out at the adults(House maid and another lady) that were trying to calm him down. When the uncle came in and tried to calm him down the child insulted the uncle and kicked him shocked shocked. The uncle then beat him up. The child ran to his mum who came down screaming and swearing(she wasn't interested in knowing what had happend) and gave her husband's younger brother two dirty slaps in our presence. Imagine the stupid woman slapping a medical doctor because she feels she is crazy. The guy gave her the beating of her life. I only intervened when I felt she was dead because she was unconscious for a while. She passed out and I quickely went and pulled the guy away from her. She ended up being sick for about a week because of the serious beating she recieved. If I find my self in his shoes I will do the same thing he did. If any woman slaps me in that kind of circumstance I MUST slap back and beat her up. Animals need to be treated as animals and human beings need to be treated as human beings. If you behave like and animal thinking because you are a woman you will get away with it then be sure to be treated as one. My two cents. . .

Some may consider that approach justified and the action provoked, but my counsel would be to take no more than "defensive" action and "evasive" steps if possible. I'd hate to think I'd beat anyone to the point of unconsciousness even if they provoked it or seemingly deserved it. Male or female.

If say a man's wife loses it - for whatever reason, would he be demonstrating headship, maturity and cool (not to mention Christlikeness for those of like faith) if his considered response was to beat his wife unconscious? I think not.

@OP without venturing into extremes, I'd have to say no, but extreme stuff does happen.

Best
TV
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
I have seen a lot of women who take the liberty and are very quick to launch slaps on people just because they believe no man should reply. Its silly. if you dont want to be beaten then don't attack a fellow adult first

@Op In cases of self defence like if my life is in danger.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by mazaje(m): 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
Smuthx: your story is not complete. What did the husband do after that incident. Dont ever have it in your thought system to hit or slap someone's wife even she is your sister. In some homes, the person will be sleeping in the police cell. Or the husband will physically fight you and you wil always be wrong be it for the police or in the eye of a neutral person.

Dont think of hitting or slapping someone's wife because the storm that will follow it. You cant predict where it will lead to.

The husband came and as expected defended his wife. . But there was nothing he could actually do because his wife threw the first punch. Knowing his brother very well he had to thread carefully. He didn't support the wife completely. He blamed his brother for over reacting but also blamed his wife for acting like an animal. At the end of it all she lost because her husband did not server ties with his brother and did not go out of his way to pick up a fight with him.He obviously wasn't happy but there was nothing he could do since she was the one that threw the first punch. So if a woman who happens to be very wrong slaps me and I slap her back and she faints then I will always be wrong in the eyes of a neutral person, eh?. . .What world are you living in?. . .Do you know anything about self defence or the need to deter another person from causing you harm and emarassment?. . .An unbreable child who is a bully with no sense of respect goes on rampage, you try to stop him from bullying other kids and he insults and kicks you after other adults tried and failed in calming him down. You lose it and gave him some dirty slaps(which is very normal and happens all the time), later his mum comes and gives you dirty slaps as well for correcting her child who was very wrong. What will you do? Beg her or walk away?. . .Abegi. . .
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by mazaje(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
TV01:

Some may consider that approach justified and the action provoked, but my counsel would be to take no more than "defensive" action and "evasive" steps if possible. I'd hate to think I'd beat anyone to the point of unconsciousness even if they provoked it or seemingly deserved it. Male or female.

If say a man's wife loses it - for whatever reason, would he be demonstrating headship, maturity and cool (not to mention Christlikeness for those of like faith) if his considered response was to beat his wife unconscious? I think not.

@OP without venturing into extremes, I'd have to say no, but extreme stuff does happen.

Best
TV

There is such a thing as reflex action and anger. . .Some people can control their reflexes and anger others can't. . .Even if we are to go by the religious line. . The bible says anger is cruel and destrcutive. . .Bottom line is don't go about hitting men that are much stronger than you as a woman thinking you will get away with it. . .If a woman hits me in such a situation as my friend's younger brother's wife hit to him(In public in front of kids and adults alike, what the hell was she thinking?). .I will hit her back and she will never try to hit any body in her life again. . .At least not when she is obviously wrong and feels she can get away with it. . .
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by TV01(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
mazaje:

There is such a thing as reflex action and anger. . .Some people can control their reflexes and anger others can't. . .Even if we are to go by the religious line. . The bible says anger is cruel and destrcutive. . .Bottom line is don't go about hitting men that are much stronger than you as a woman thinking you will get away with it. . .If a woman hits me in such a situation as my friend's younger brother's wife hit to him(In public in front of kids and adults alike, what the hell was she thinking?). .I will hit her back and she will never try to hit any body in her life again. . .At least not when she is obviously wrong and feels she can get away with it. . .

Point taken. In the heat of the moment who can legislate for what may happen?

On balance the Bible leading is to sue for and keep the peace. And in all humility with a real desire for forgiveness and reconciliation.

I know of one such instance where the SIL slapped the BIL. Quick action by those in attendance - it was at an "event" -stopped his intended retaliation. Till today they haven't been able to settle it. How much more exacerbated would it have become if He'd manage to beat her to the point of unconsciousness?

A slap for a slap? Hmmm perhaps, but to beat ones brothers wife unconscious And to be able to consider doing that in the cold light of day. Please.

Even a cursory glance of the scenario you outlined is shivery.

1. Beating to the point of unconsciousness??
2. He administered the beating in front of children?? (not to mention the hot salvo administered to his nephew 0!)
3. You only got involved when she appeared as dead??
4. He's an MD - in the UK this sounds like a quick-fire striking-off if reported.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Best
TV

1 Like

Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by mazaje(m): 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
TV01:

Point taken. In the heat of the moment who can legislate for what may happen?

On balance the Bible leading is to sue for and keep the peace. And in all humility with a real desire for forgiveness and reconciliation.

I know of one such instance where the SIL slapped the BIL. Quick action by those in attendance - it was at an "event" -stopped his intended retaliation. Till today they haven't been able to settle it. How much more exacerbated would it have become if He'd manage to beat her to the point of unconsciousness?

A slap for a slap? Hmmm perhaps, but to beat ones brothers wife unconscious And to be able to consider doing that in the cold light of day. Please.

Even a cursory glance of the scenario you outlined is shivery.

1. Beating to the point of unconsciousness??
2. He administered the beating in front of children?? (not to mention the hot salvo administered to his nephew 0!)
3. You only got involved when she appeared as dead??
4. He's an MD - in the UK this sounds like a quick-fire striking-off if reported.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Best
TV

It wasn't as if he kept beating her till she was unconscious. He is much stronger than her. . .He landed her about 3 hot punches and there she was flat on the floor unconscious. The way she slapped him will make any body beat her up because after landing him the first slap, he called her by name and said "you slapped me", she said yes and slapped him again, she then asked him if there is anything he can do. Then he pounced. Now will she ever go about slapping men in her life again? She wouldn't. She learned the hard way. I am against violence but sometimes in the heat of the moment people lose it and in her own case I fully support him striking back. If you don't want people to lose it then don't provoke them its that simple. . .At least not in the way she did.What was she thinking? If a lady slaps me under the same circumstance I will slap her back in such a way that she will never try it with someone else. . .I don't get this double standard, so a MD isn't a human being and has no feelings? What the hell is that?. . He is firstly a human being before he is a MD. . .What he did to me was right. .If i find my self in his shoes I will do the same. . .He taught her son that he can't go about misbehaving, causing trouble and running to mama because that can lead him and mama into trouble. . .He also taught her that you can't go about commiting acts of violence and expect to get away with it because you are a woman or because you feel you can just get away with it. Some people forgive others don't. . .
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
A man hitting a woman is unacceptable.
A woman hitting a man is unacceptable.

My 2 cents.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by mazaje(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
carefreewannabe: A man hitting a woman is unacceptable.
A woman hitting a man is unacceptable.

My 2 cents.

End of story. . .
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 01, 2012

As much as i understand the brother here... this was a clear lack of respect for his brother. Hard to adjudicate issues like this since i cant imagine being in a position were a brother of mine marries an insane individual but deary me... beating my wife to the point of coma? That bro would be cooling his heels in a cell and facing assault charges.
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by mazaje(m): 5:26am On Nov 01, 2012
davidylan:

As much as i understand the brother here... this was a clear lack of respect for his brother. Hard to adjudicate issues like this since i cant imagine being in a position were a brother of mine marries an insane individual but deary me... beating my wife to the point of coma? That bro would be cooling his heels in a cell and facing assault charges.

Lack of respect for his brother?. . .Where was her own respect for her husband and his family?. . .Any way as i said earlier the way she slapped him will make any body in his shoes beat her up. This is a man that is taller than she is and way stronger. She came down calling him names and asking why he slapped her child next thing was a slap on his face when he was sitted. He stood up and called her by name and said you slapped me, she said yes and slapped him again asking him if there is anything he can do before he pounced. Some few punches and there she was flat on the ground close to me before I stood up and pushed him off. . .Don't push people to the limit no matter what. I keep saying it, if I find myself in his shoes under the same circumstance I will do the same. . .
Re: Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? by bjcole(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2012
@ mazaje U dnt need 2 lighten it up, this is a clear case of lack of respect for his brother, he could ve just avoided it anyhow, or just walk away, What abt if she had passed out like that, what excuse will he give? Its nt in his place 2 discpline his brother's wife, no matter d circumstance. Will u take that 4rm ur younger brother, he didnt behave like an adult at all & u also contributed

(1) (2) (Reply)

gig / Is The First Son To Inherit All My Father's Property ? / My Brother Is Threatening To Kill My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.