Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,103 members, 7,973,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC (4056 Views)

I Will Drag Dasuki, Dokpesi And Bafarawa To ICC Next Week- Femi Falana / Dear Our Igbo Brother: Ask Gowon To Apologise To Nigerians / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2012
Republic of Biafra on Nov 5...!! Odikwa serious !! grin grin

These Biafran youths gra gra no get limit Allah!
Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by Olaolufred(m): 7:53am On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:
The average yorobberman is a definition of delusion. whoever thinks gowon will go to icj and come back is retar/d/ed. First, there is no justification for multiple millions of children lives that died through your actions and inactions. The war was an internal 'war' for freedom, not two different countries fighting at that. I just want this hearing to open so Nigerians will realize how serious this case is. Gowon is doomed once he steps into the Hague and he knows it. Its just that the Nigerian govt tried their possible best to cover this by forcing unity and pretending nothing happened.

I just desire that every Igbo man should present their case and allow ICC to do the final justice.
That is OK by me.
But thinking they must judge along your line of reasoning will be an abuse of their freedom to justice.
Daalu.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by basisop(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2012
Mukina! Mukina!! Mukina!!!
Okwa ina fu? (You can see abi).
When I drop my line against these online yoruba mumus you will ban me for weeks on Tribalism.

Apply same judgement here.

Dalu...

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by Moukafoam(f): 11:19am On Oct 31, 2012
Desola:

It would be interesting to see how the ibo nation would be humiliated in the second round. Not only have you been physically humiliated but now, salt would be added to your injuries via verbal humiliation.

When discussing issue like τhis pls try not to add sentiment to it tribal peopl(Igbos aŋԂ Yorubas alike)

Ojukwu may have played his part but Nigerian Army declared war against him and you said Gowon did Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† he had to do to win the war meaning that he is not denying the fact that he committed those crimes.(I believe Nigeria is a member of UN aŋԂ abide to UN war crime judgement)
It is on record that NAF stopped the Red cross from bringing foods aŋԂ medical aid to the Biafran women aŋd children. It is also on record that the said "Genocide" claimed by the Igbos were done aŋԂ carried out through out the nation.

People that fought wars dont run their mouth in the public like Gowon did. He will go to ICC aŋԂ never return just like OBJ went to ICJ aŋԂ a strong evidence where presented before him by the Camerounians.
I believe that Gowon should mind Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† he says in the public. The late Owolowo will not uter such undiplomatic statement smiley
Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by Moukafoam(f): 11:39am On Oct 31, 2012
Desola: This is the problem with the ibos, they run their mouth whilst others just get on with it. They have concluded plans to? So when will they actually put their case forward? On what specific grounds are they asking Gowon to the ICCJ? Rather than getting all emotional and demanding an apology that would never come, it would do them a world of good to prepare a strong case and collate good evidences and actually do it instead of touting that they have concluded plans.

Stupid people are jubilating over mere plans and not an affirmative action? Omo men, you guys are just uniquely stupid - collectively! And these are the youths of their nation o.

You lot better sit at home rather than going to the world stage and disgrace yourselves. grin grin

cheesy Just like Obasanjo went to ICJ aŋԂ disgrace himself abi? undecided
Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by Fatima75(f): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2012
I thought that it was Gowon they want to dra to ICC? Why are the Yorubas ranting about it undecided

The Yoruba should allow the Plateau people to answer them plsss aŋԂ mind your business.

Clear conscience they say fear no accusation cool

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Genocide: Igbo Youths Drag Gowon To ICC by NegroNtns(m): 8:01am On Nov 01, 2012
noblezone: The Igbo Youth Movement, IYM, said it has concluded plans to drag a former military head of state, General Yakubu Gowon to International Criminal Court, ICC, over the role he played in alleged murder of over two million Igbos during the Nigerian Civil War which lasted from 1967 to January 1970.

The group said they were angered by the insensitive and irresponsive statements made by General Gowon in Minna, Niger State on issues that pertained to the civil war over the weekend and therefore took the decision to drag him to ICC at The Hague.

President of the organisation, Mr. Elliot Uko told newsmen after an emergency meeting that Gowon’s statement implies that he and late Obafemi Awolowo have no regrets on their infamous roles and attitude to the Igbos during and shortly after the Nigeria civil war.

Uko said: “Since he wants to go to ICC, he will go. We will ask the court to hold him responsible for the greatest human tragedy of the last century, second only to the holocaust.”

The Igbo youths said they expected apologies from Gowon and not insults and unrepentant defiant attitude that he displayed in Minna saying, “if he has no regrets, it means he will do same over and over again.”

The IYM president stated that Gowon’s comment has muddled the respect Nigerians have for him adding that the shameful and despicable conduct of Gowon and his lieutenants during the war has remained a sore point in the modern history of Africa.

“The blood of over two million women and children murdered by Gowon will continue to cry out for Justice until General Gowon and cohorts are brought to justice at the ICC,” the IYM president stated.

http://nigerianpilot.com/index.php/component/content/article/39-africa/7069-igbo-youths-drag-gowon-to-icc

.....these people talk as if ICC is an ibo council of elders. grin grin

We are going to drag you infront of our elders snd watch how they humiliate and deal with you...and sentence you to hang.

oh God, smh grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Donates N50m, Aircraft And 12 Land Cruisers For Buhari's Campaign / Alj Harem's View On The PDP Rally In Lagos / Why We Chose Bukola Saraki – Theodore Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.