Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,241 members, 7,880,896 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:52 AM

How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? (11124 Views)

11 Harmful Lies Your Mind Loves To Tell You / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
slimyem: This comment on a certain thread and my own questions of what is and what should not be births this thread..

It was a response to how much one should tell a potential husband/wife.
We all have our pasts and have made series of mistakes but it sucks when they are used to judge us and a determinant of who gets to be in the future.
Although,i have my own opinions which is not leaving any part of one's past/hiding anything from a potential partner no matter how inconsequential it is....but i have also seen situations where one tells all and the guy/girl takes to his/her heels or its used against them in the most unpalatable ways.
I have a friend who had had about 3 abortions in school.She dated this guy and told him the truth to the letter.There was nothing he didn't call her and he went to lengths to slander her all over the place before he left.
Now,she's about getting married to some other guy and she has sworn not to tell him anything!
Another married friend with two kids now had a similar experience so she just didn't tell her husband anything about her previous abortion and they are happy together till date.
Now,this question goes to everyone married or not...
-How much do you think is too much to tell?
-When do you think its most appropriate to tell it all?
At the beginning of a relationship,before engagement or after engagement?
-What should or should not be left out?
To the married ones here,how much did you tell your spouse and when did you tell?
@ijebabe this your story shocked me to the marrow, tell your friends to talk now before its to late,karma is a bit...ch.i also hope you do not tow this line.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
ifyalways: There are certain things you should never tell a man.some truths need to be told diplomatically.

If you have skeletons in your cupboard its always best to give a "hint" early in the relationship But that should be after you've studied your partner and come out convinced that s/he is worth telling.be brief, exclude details as much as possible. Example : when asked of your uni days and you've been a player, an answer like "I'm not a saint, I was young and did things that I'm not proud of ignorantly. I dated the wrong men for the wrong reasons then but in all, I thank God I'm now wiser". A good man would understand and either stay or leave.

Be honest but be mindful of some "truths" that hurt more than lies.

Wisdom!

this is a very bad example. I would be very suspicious on hearing this... i would rather a woman come clean 100%. Like you said, a good man would either stay or leave.
Like some have said, it all depends on who you're with. Study him/her to know how best to approach the issue.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by baby124: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
davidylan:

this is a very bad example. I would be very suspicious on hearing this... i would rather a woman come clean 100%. Like you said, a good man would either stay or leave.

What about a good man? Isn't he obliged to tell his whole past, including any past misdeeds like rape or physical abuse? Afterall who will stay, will stay. If you want to dig, give two shovels let the couple dig every damn thing out. Including booty calls, two-timing and other things which you have even done behind the girls back now, abi? Afterall honesty is the best policy. She is obliged to also know your 2nd and 3rd options.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by eddy1977(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
Subtext: Please see the story on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1085611/quit-lying-intimate-past-does

But my general advise would be what most people today won't take anyway, and here goes :-

For ladies

If you are still young (like in your late teens), be decent, keep your legs closed. Just do it. All we guys are after is your woman hood to make us feel good with ourselves. We don't really care about you at that stage in life. We would use you and go brag about it to our friends later. If we did care, a girl who has slept with like 15, 20 or more guys in her 'playful' days shouldn't have any trouble getting a husband later. They should all be running after her, proposing marriage with the same sweet words they used when she was giving free. Guys are the biggest hypocrites in this regard, why because the inner man in every man actually wants a woman who has slept witha s few men as possible. YET we go about tryin to stick it every well rounded backside. TRUTH HURTS, DEAL WITH IT.

If you've lived a rough life in your past, UNLESS YOUR HUY SAYS HE DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW AND YOU KNOW THERE IS NO UNASSAILABLE EMBARRASMENT COMING LATER (from your past) LIKE A CHILD OUT OF WEDLOCK, YOU MUST TELL HIM ALL HE WANTS TO KNOW. THE EARLIER THE BETTER. Better not leave anything out. If you decide to have a NO tell policy, then do just that, BUT NO HALF TRUTHS. PLEASE. Half truths only add to the problem when discovered and believe a samrt guy will always discover them shortly. They call to question your 'changed status' and honesty-of-the-kind-fit-for-marriage.

GET RID of that thought that you can be a female player. There's no such thing. I don't care what cosmo and vogue tells you. Do i sound chauvinistic, well so be it. A player ALWAYS has bragging rights and respect, albeit foolishly, with his friends and sometimes even with other females. But a lady who opens it for every guy she fancies, HAS to do it in secrecy. She never goes about bragging about it (except maybe on anonymous forum like this), and even if she tells her female friends, sooner or latter such friends will still call her a slut behind her back. I ADDED THIS AST BIT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE STUCK IN THE 'TO TELL OR NOT TO TELL' ZONE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

FINALLY, i keep seeing posts on simillar topics which say a lady in a UNI who's less than 24 years of age still doesn't know what she wants yet, she's still a kid yada yada yada. SMH. Most of our moms had their first kids at or before that age, and both mother and kids turned out alright latter. the marriages also succeded. That you are a lady and in your early 20s, with Wiz-kid as your best artist and male role model, doesn't mean you should open it for any cute stud that asks.

TRUTH HURTS. You guys can insult o, I don't really care.

Typical african villager. Talked only about how the woman should keep her wildness down. But forgat to counsel men to stop sleeping around.

When you say: all we want is our own satisfaction; please say that about yourself,dont imply everybody.

Counsel your own daughters,and siblings. If a girl wants to play,it's none of your business.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Subtext: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
Let me also add that when you are completely honest about your past from the onset, a guy worth having would love you the more for it and would easily build trust for you because of it. Granted he may not be happy with what you have to reveal, but when telling all, give the reasons for each F_Up and how you've learned your lesson and become wiser because of it. Dont tell of how you straffed 35 guys in your UNI days with a smug face like its some kind of achievement that you are secretly proud of. He'll likely detect that (pride) and run for his dear life and dignity. Leave the 'player' mentality for foolish men who have issues to pursue. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by eddy1977(m): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Subtext: Let me also add that when you are completely honest about your past from the onset, a guy worth having would love you the more for it and would easily build trust for you because of it. Granted he may not be happy with what you have to reveal, but when telling all, give the reasons for each F_Up and how you've learned your lesson and become wiser because of it. Dont tell of how you straffed 35 guys in your UNI days with a smug face like its some kind of achievement that you are secretly proud of. He'll likely detect that (pride) and run for his dear life and dignity. Leave the 'player' mentality for foolish men who have issues to pursue. grin

What is this guy talking about?
Is it all about what girls did in their previous relationships? Dont you think most girls would also want the man to keep his pants zipped?
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Subtext: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
eddy1977:

Typical african villager. Talked only about how the woman should keep her wildness down. But forgat to counsel men to stop sleeping around.

When you say: all we want is our own satisfaction; please say that about yourself,dont imply everybody.

Counsel your own daughters,and siblings. If a girl wants to play,it's none of your business.

A lady started the thread sir. Bro trust me I'm not gonna trade insults with you. There's nothing uniquely african about my post, ok ? It applies to ALL men. It's a basic instinct. I'm tired of these types that manage to go overseas then come and lose thier sense of reasoning and manhood completely. Click on the link that I posted in that comment and follow the story. It was by whites you hear?

Believe me I'm a successful young guy who can afford to sleep around but i don't. I don't have to prove it, you'll have to take my word for it. Men are more wired to spread thier seed and women more wired to exercise self control, but it does not mean that Men should cheat ofcourse. The media these days isn't helping anyone. Really.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Subtext: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
eddy1977:

What is this guy talking about?
Is it all about what girls did in their previous relationships? Dont you think most girls would also want the man to keep his pants zipped?

Guy calm down. Have you really heard about a girl who fell in love with a guy, was ready to marry him, but decided against it simply because she found out he used to be a player? Think about it. Girls/ladies crave to find a player they can turn to a single-woman-man. Wooo! Now I know I must be really killing you. Messing up your little lets-not-rock-the-boat-and-start-a-gender-war mentality that has most of the world in bondage. So does this mean its ok for guys to play around? OFCOURSE NOT. like I said, and I'm really serious here, i dont play around. How many threads have you seen started with a guy wondering howmuch he should reveal? Women usually don't care as long as they love the guy, he loves them, and they believe he has changed. Finito!

Let me just repeat for emphasis, that I don't think guys should play around, its an empty way to approach life. Are you better now?

I hate to sound condemning (if I do) but we need to tell speak the truth and more of it, so people learn. kapische?
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
kinessprolific: Secretly Check Your Partner's Phone And Email. Mobile phones. If you are an investigator looking to uncover the

truth Or a concerned parent worried about cell phone activities of your children this cell phone monitoring software

is ideal for you.

Uncover them in 5 minutes by reading everything on their cell phone

Watch Them
Read SMS
Read emails
Read IM
View Address Book

Track Them

Bug their room
Locations on a map
View their habits
Listen to phone calls
Record conversations
Generate Evidence
Search Keywords
Undetectable

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW
If your partner is sleeping with someone else.
This is an affordable way to get to the truth.

Supported Phones and Device
Nokia Phones
Android Phones
Black Berry
Windows Mobile
Galaxy Tab
iPhone

Contact us sales@kinessprolific.com

Can a Moderator get rid of this garbage? This troll spams every thread that has to do with trust, and marriage issues! angry
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Ninilowo(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2012
If telling him/her makes no difference. I ll say.........KEEP YOUR SECRET SECRET.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by ijebabe: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
dj militant: @ijebabe this your story shocked me to the marrow, tell your friends to talk now before its to late,karma is a bit...ch.i also hope you do not tow this line.
Erm dude, I think you meant Slimyem
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by eddy1977(m): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
Subtext:

Guy calm down. Have you really heard about a girl who fell in love with a guy, was ready to marry him, but decided against it simply because she found out he used to be a player? Think about it. Girls/ladies crave to find a player they can turn to a single-woman-man. Wooo! Now I know I must be really killing you. Messing up your little lets-not-rock-the-boat-and-start-a-gender-war mentality that has most of the world in bondage. So does this mean its ok for guys to play around? OFCOURSE NOT. like I said, and I'm really serious here, i dont play around. How many threads have you seen started with a guy wondering howmuch he should reveal? Women usually don't care as long as they love the guy, he loves them, and they believe he has changed. Finito!

Let me just repeat for emphasis, that I don't think guys should play around, its an empty way to approach life. Are you better now?

I hate to sound condemning (if I do) but we need to tell speak the truth and more of it, so people learn. kapische?

First of bro,we r not fighting.we r exchanging opinions and learning from each other s stand point of view. Sorry if one of my expressions was not appropriate.

I see the logic behind your texts and i respect it. My point was mainly about your obsession with giving advices to girl.

Like you i have also seen more female private parts than most gynecologist,but now i go to church,i have cooled down.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by CHIMSKY(m): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
While I agree that wisdom is needed;I strongly suggedt you tell ur partner if
(A)You have had so many abortions and no longer have a womb!
(B)Are HIV Positive
(C)Your genotype is SS

(D)Have a terminal illness.

Under these circumstances diplomacy or wisdom just won't cut it.Full disclosure is needed.

rhemaplus: If the subject is truly sorry for his/her past then there is nothing too much to tell. If u are secretive about it and it eventually boomerangs, what would be ur fate? The world is a very small world, if u think he would never know and he ends up knowing, what will u do? Have u also consider an extent a blackmailer can go. It is too risky a thing to do. Will u prefer to lose him/her now or 2days to wedding/2years after wedding? Would u allow him/her to decide now or live to distrust u after marriage? Seal ur fate, once and for all. If he leaves u, then all well and good; perhaps, that's the little pain u need to suffer too for ur error of the past. Timing and wisdom are also important in this, u may take time to pschoanalyse the person, use different analogies to convey ur message, use a third person pronoun instead of first and watch his reaction, seek for signs, ask him indirectly like what of if I had had abortions before, will u still go ahead with me? Don't just burst it, be wise about it. If eventually, he leaves, then look to God and be hopeful because there is definately somebody, somewhere that will love you, cherish you for who you are only.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by caukerzee(m): 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Secrets are unhealthy for any relationship, be it marriage or whatever. They are like bombs waiting to explode, it is better detonated(not sure of the spelling of the word) than explode. For when it explodes, the damages caused will be beyond repairs. No matter how long you hide the truth, it must surface some day. Anyone who refuses to tell his or her partner their secrets because of the fear of loosing her or him respectively, is just being selfish. Yes, thats the word, selfishness. If you love that partner, you would not incovinience him with something he or she doesnt like. Any man or woman who cannot accept your true personality is not ment for you, no matter how long you try, he or she will find out some day. Anybody keeping secrets from his or her partner should remember this- no matter how long the night lasts, the break of the dawn must come. That seperation you were trying to aviod, will eventually happen. So its best you let it out let your partner love you for who you really are not for who he thinks you are. Be wise.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Subtext: 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
eddy1977:

First of bro,we r not fighting.we r exchanging opinions and learning from each other s stand point of view. Sorry if one of my expressions was not appropriate.

I see the logic behind your texts and i respect it. My point was mainly about your obsession with giving advices to girl.

Like you i have also seen more female private parts than most gynecologist,but now i go to church,i have cooled down.

No sweat bro. I know what you meant actually. I had to break up with a lady I really liked very recently because of something simillar. I don't want to go into details, y'know, but it wasn't funny.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by prettyboi1(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
I feel partners should be as honest as they can be with each other,that's what makes a union. Nobody's God,so we never really know what our partners do when we're not there or what they had done when we were not there,but honesty balances everything. I might get hurt knowing the truth,but for your honesty I assure you that the chances of me forgiving you are faaaaarrrr higher than me not. If you're honest about a horrible past with me,best believe I can forgive you & still love you without a scratch. On the other hand if you don't tell me & somehow I get to find out, be rest assured that'd be all & we'd most likely go our separate ways. If we don't go our separate ways, you can be sure our relationship will NEVER EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN. You hiding such terrible things from me means you could possibly kill me cold-heartedly. That's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by duni04(m): 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
If you're with your so called partner for love, then you'll definitely spill everything no matter how sour or distasteful it is. It builds trust in the relationship and helps the partners understand each other better. Then if you're in the relationship for the sake of getting married on time or probably your partners money or fame or whatever, then its better you don't spill anything at all.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by slimyem: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
Subtext:

Have you really heard about a girl who fell in love with a guy, was ready to marry him, but decided against it simply because she found out he used to be a player? Think about it.
That you haven't heard doesn't mean it hasn't happen.Maybe not as much as the vice-versa of it but it does happen.Get out of that small place!
Girls/ladies crave to find a player they can turn to a single-woman-man.
Silly generalisation!!
How many threads have you seen started with a guy wondering howmuch he should reveal?
Wow!
How many of these kind of thread have you seen around?
Does this thread come across to you as gender specific?
...or you think there aren't men who have terribly and unpalatable pasts they are not proud of?
I addressed the thread from a woman's point of view and what i know suddenly means the nonsense below?
Women usually don't care as long as they love the guy, he loves them, and they believe he has changed. Finito!

Mr man,i'm sorry but much of what you have said is lopsidedly myopic and paints you as slightly chavaunistic!!
No offence meant!
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Subtext: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2012
slimyem: That you haven't heard doesn't mean it hasn't happen.Maybe not as much as the vice-versa of it but it does happen.Get out of that small place! Silly generalisation!! Wow!
How many of these kind of thread have you seen around?
Does this thread come across to you as gender specific?
...or you think there aren't men who have terribly and unpalatable pasts they are not proud of?
I addressed the thread from a woman's point of view and what i know suddenly means the nonsense below? Mr man,i'm sorry but much of what you have said is lopsidedly myopic and paints you as slightly chavaunistic!!
No offence meant!

None Taken. Yaaawwn. I'll turn in now, got work tomorrow. It's good you've read my chauvinistic post though. Cheers.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by eyenCalabar(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Telling your partner certain things especially for the men can cause what happens to Sampson happens to u in a similar way. Just be careful. Rmbr what a woman can do with information.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by slimyem: 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Subtext:

None Taken. Yaaawwn. I'll turn in now, got work tomorrow. It's good you've read my chauvinistic post though. Cheers.
Yeah..i have read and discarded it.
So many other insightful and balanced posts i have learnt from on this thread too...
Goodnight!!
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Subtext: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
slimyem: Yeah..i have read and discarded it.
So many other insightful and balanced posts i have learnt from on this thread too...
Goodnight!!

Slimyem dear, why are you rantng like a little spoilt brat? wink

Anyway, since you say you've read all the posts, did you notice how ALMOST ALL the men (male responses) said the lady ought to reveal while practically ALL the female responses said ' the past is in the past'?

I was already asleep but the force of your 'goodnight' woke me up! Please don't do that again, ok? Nite nite dear.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by slimyem: 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
Subtext:

[s]Slimyem dear, why are you rantng like a little spoilt brat? wink[/s]

Anyway, since you say you've read all the posts, did you notice how practically ALL the men (male responses) said the lady ought to reveal while practically ALL the female responses said ' the past is in the past'?

I wasalready asleep but the force of your goodnight woke me up! Please don't do that again, ok. nite nite dear.
Maybe we aren't talking of this same thread cuz i don't see anything expressly mirroring the bolded....or maybe because unlike you,i chose to see the message in the posts rather than see the gender of the posters.
See why you are a chauvaunist again?
Go to sleep and stop lurking around this thread..
You are making less than minimum sense!!
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 31, 2012
Eventually you are going to spill all, but the wisdom is in how you do. Let it be gradual and like a pre-quisite one revelation is a back drop for another. Just let it be like the graduation of knowledge in school, start by telling when/what you know your partner can handle, and If demanded why not, don't hold back,tell.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by greatgod2012(f): 5:31am On Oct 31, 2012
Its good to be honest, but with WISDOM, d bible says, "wisdom is d principal thing, and in getting wisdom, get understanding"
this is where wisdom comes in: when to tell; get d right time to tell,one may tell some things in a particular time and bring forth peace, while at another time, it may bring forth war, so one has to know d right timing for such delicate discussion.
2ndly, how to tell, a wise person should know d how of tabling such delicate dicussion, it demands wisdom, so dt it does not degenerate into another thing.
Above all, one has to be honest and at d same time, prepare 4 d outcome,what will be will be, d person dt will stay thru will stay thru and d one dt will not, will not even without being told anything.
May God help us all!
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 31, 2012
Dont mind the personality, I'd say he just gave a good recipe for a short life
Siena:

Can a Moderator get rid of this garbage? This troll spams every thread that has to do with trust, and marriage issues! angry
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 31, 2012
Well in mine opinion nothing is too much to say, however make no super-story of ur past misdeeds! And to the listener make no fuss out of a heart being opened to you, but empathize with the person giving the revelation. Don't share the story/revelation!! ANYONE WHO FLEES AFTER BEING OPENED UP TO, DOES NOT DESERVE BEING WITH! also don't pile undue pressure to make the other uncomfortable especially by making them repeat what you have been told consistently like u don't trust the person!
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by dayokanu(m): 5:55am On Oct 31, 2012
baby_123: Having a damaged womb or being sterile and marrying someone that wants kids is wrong. Lying that you are a virgin when you are not is wrong. Matter of fact you have no business being with someone that wants certain requirements when you know that you don't have it. This is why you date, and get to know people. You should marry someone that will be accepting of you and whatever flaws may come with it. Outright deception on verifiable things are just wrong wrong wrong.looool.

I thought yesterday you were saying partners shouldnt open up to their fiancee about their spouses?

OP I would rather open up and deal with the consequence now and even break up if need be than later for the man to find out

One of my dads friend at over 50 found out that his wife of over 25yrs had a child before they got married. The child called his MIL last born was actually his wifes first born she had as a 17yr old secondary school girl
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by baby124: 6:26am On Oct 31, 2012
dayokanu:

I thought yesterday you were saying partners shouldnt open up to their fiancee about their spouses?

OP I would rather open up and deal with the consequence now and even break up if need be than later for the man to find out

One of my dads friend at over 50 found out that his wife of over 25yrs had a child before they got married. The child called his MIL last born was actually his wifes first born she had as a 17yr old secondary school girl

You like to knowingly twist things. I have not changed my stand on what I said. It is just obvious. This is why you get to know people. Do you marry people you just met? If you meet a person and are sterile but the person loves kids, obviously you are not a good match. You don't need to disclose the reason why before you find your level. That is a personal medical condition, which may be reversible. The whole world doesn't need to know your business with every girl you toast. Same for someone who wants to marry a specific type of person(virgin or big boobs), these people have a way of telling their preferences.if you don't fit the bill you leave them alone. I don't know about you, but my getting to know a person involves asking the right questions, so that I am clear we are on the same page. I don't owe everyone I meet or talk to my life history. Just a few questions and listening attentively is enough for me to make a decision or judgement on if the person is for me. Not everyone likes kids or wants kids. Shikena.

Answer this post let me guage the level of your hypocrisy first. Am curious:
baby_123:

What about a good man? Isn't he obliged to tell his whole past, including any past misdeeds like rape or physical abuse? Afterall who will stay, will stay. If you want to dig, give two shovels let the couple dig every damn thing out. Including booty calls, two-timing and other things which you have even done behind the girls back now, abi? Afterall honesty is the best policy. She is obliged to also know your 2nd and 3rd options.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by tpia5: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2012
Issues relating to health should be disclosed.

If there's a chance you could be blackmailed in future by one or more of your former lovers, you should let your partner know about that or those relationship/s.

Etc etc.

Most importantly, dont be desperate to date or marry someone who is clearly not right for you, and vice versa.
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by richkids1(m): 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
waice6571:
What if the relationship in question is another mistake in the making?

Thanks for this
Re: How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
baby_123: Answer this post let me guage the level of your hypocrisy first. Am curious:

baby_123:

What about a good man? Isn't he obliged to tell his whole past, including any past misdeeds like Molestation or physical abuse? Afterall who will stay, will stay. If you want to dig, give two shovels let the couple dig every damn thing out. Including booty calls, two-timing and other things which you have even done behind the girls back now, abi? Afterall honesty is the best policy. She is obliged to also know your 2nd and 3rd options.

Why shouldnt a honest man tell his intending partners what significant things have happened in the past? If the guy has been accused of rape in the past he should come clean with his side of the story. If he has rapeed someone before he should tell the partner so she can decide if its something you can live with.

If the guy prefers big booob girls its fraudulent to marry a small booobed girl and later be pressuring her and nagging her on how he prefers it bigger

I am for both parties coming clean. I have girlfriends who have told me they had abortions before and that didnt stop me from dating them, I would rather hear from my girl than hear from outsider several years after

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Toxic Parents / My Sons First Birthday Celebration / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.