Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,422 members, 7,914,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 05:22 PM

Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. (31332 Views)

“we Are Not Nigerians” – Venus And Serena Williams / Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams / The Williams Sisters Exhibition Match In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Ocutegan(m): 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
chosen04: Who wants to be a nIGERian?

I dont even recognise the cursed country. Thats why i spells it as niGERia . . . .

WE ARE PROUD BIAFRANS (I & my family) . . . . . . Never niGERians.
Havin the people of Gabon to replace your entire fucking tribe would be peaceful and better for beloved Nigeria. Oponu oshi
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Horus(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wPqKVYB4wc

Venus and Serena Williams champion - Women's rights in Nigeria

US tennis champions Venus and Serena Williams kick off an 'Africa tour' in Lagos, Nigeria, promoting women's rights. The sisters are backing a women's rights organisation campaign, "Breaking The Mould". They will give a lecture, attend a fund raising dinner and stage an exhibition tennis match during a four-day trip in Nigeria.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by hardbody: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
I hope they have gone back to their roots. Whoever wanted them to be Nigerians, anyways, i dont care a hoot, i am afterall BIAFRAN
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
dewex:
Yetunde of all Names Dont be fooled.. Tho its not my bussiness
Now, that's my point... smiley
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by solomonkane(m): 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
afam4eva: I don't know if you guyz have noticed but it's mostly African-American losers that always want to identify with Africa. Highly successful people always tell whoever cares to listen that they're Americans through and through.

Afam I owe you one carton of your favorite liquor brand for this comment. Over true dey worry the statement. Check them out; Morris Chestnut (Grade F actor), Angela Basset (Has Been), Louis Farakhan (Noise Maker) e.t.c. Anybody abusing the Williams sisters should be checked in Yaba Right (ARO). So what if their late sister was named Yetunde; last I checked Benin, Cuba, Brazil and other nations had people with names similar to Nigerian ones. Nigerians like over familiarity, we are always looking for famous people to attach to like leeches.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by tonym1(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
what a stupid question to ask them grin
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by nagoma(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
Whether they accept it or not they are Africans. All Negro are Africans. If they are not Nigerians they are perhaps Ghanian or mandinke or possibly camerunians. The native americans
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by looknlaff(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
190-the-clown:

And ure very stup!d for that assumption saying Nigerians are very silly people
Thank God your father and mother leads the-pack undecided

why are you angry at his post and insulting his parents? Is it not true that Nigeria is populated by mostly silly people? Starting from your president to the ordinary man on the street, show me which of them is not silly. If it is not the height of being silly, why force a leprous citizenship on people who know that your country ought to have been wiped off the face of the earth had God not been a merciful God. Nigerians are silly, QED
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Jamisco: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2012

I dont even recognise the cursed country. Thats why i spells it as niGERia . . . .

are you dreaming? what are you doing in Nigeria then, just move to Biafra to settle the matter
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by babatunde91: 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
:ovenus don giv dem ellaaaaaa!
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by kingsceemark(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Even me, i reject dis useless country called nigeria. Everything about dis country na quack. Even the YETUNDE name wey dem give the williams sister follow kill the poor girl.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by kingsceemark(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ocutegan:
Havin the people of Gabon to replace your entire fucking tribe would be peaceful and better for beloved Nigeria. Oponu oshi
Mumu di ka gi, ewu awusa nwa Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Ikamenze(m): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2012

Good for u....Oya carry yourself to a Biafran site.....Oh I'm sori,there's None!!!!
I guess u just have to shut the f-u-c-k up instead of talking Bullshit..
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by kingsceemark(m): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ikamenze:
Good for u....Oya carry yourself to a Biafran site.....Oh I'm sori,there's None!!!!
I guess u just have to shut the f-u-c-k up instead of talking Bullshit..
Mr notice me, we don notice you next chapter.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Ocutegan(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
kingsceemark: Mumu di ka gi, ewu awusa nwa Yoruba
Whatever that means. It only makes you more stoopid. Arindin
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
I dont believe that their mum just named the late yetunde 'yetunde' cos of her love for Africa. Yetunde has more deep meaning in yoruba land/tradition. She might just have a root from africa
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by yohannazack(m): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Laf wan kill me o
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by hammedkola(m): 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
eduson55: sophisticated aboki
take am!

This hilarious
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by GoldenLady1: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
vilively: Funny enough there are many black Americans of Nigerian Heritage who don't knw they are of such heritge
So even if these ladies were....how would they even knw undecided

Thank you. We all know black people of all "nationalities" come from Africa. Africa is undeniably the cradle of civilization.

I don't think they're trying to deny their heritage/roots. Most of us here in the States that have been here through many generations don't know exactly what "tribe" we're associated with. Remember many times children were separated from their family so the knowledge was not passed on.

Their mom probably just really liked the name Yetunde. Maybe subconsciously there was a connection. Who knows? I myself have an Arabic first and middle name.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by mannyU: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
The Mum surely has her reason which even Venus knws not. Maybe, jus maybe d true dad of d girl is one Ajibola or Taye.. #jus thinkin out loud anyway.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Smooyis(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2012

you are living in d past. Who is talking about biafra now? Beta wake up to reality and lets join hands to build a beta naija. Biafra or whateva u call it is gone foreva. Not trying to be abusive pls, but just saying d reality. Arise o compatriots, naija calls, OBEY...................
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by tatosh: 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
Shows the quality of journalists we have in Nigeria
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by nairaman66(m): 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sorry, we are not Nigerians’ say Williams sisters

Done and dusted!
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by NovusHomo(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Who keeps bringing these slaves to Nigeria? Danny Glover and some other clown got "cheftaincy" titles in some backwater village. Rick Ross made fun of the slums in Fashola's backyard. Wesley Snipes ran here at the height of his tax problems (he's actually in jail for some tax crime). And now these tarts. Must Nigeria always ask to be insulted?
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
Royalty1:

We are not trying to claim them. Journalists only asked the Obvious question. Their Mum used a Popular Yoruba name which means she was trying to associate with Nigeria.

Too Bad the sisters are claiming contrary. Who cares anyway? Not like they will help reducing the price of Fuel or anything. angry

Abeg! Naija has enough Stars in the Making. Fingers crossed joor.
They should just keep up with their good game. #Lobatan
Mr. Man Form what I heard Their mum was close to a Nigerian family and the woman named their sister Yetunde. The same way Nas' father was named Oludara by a yoruba priest during his visit to Nigeria stop deluding Urselves. I know one celebrity who seems to want to be associated with Nigerians. the fat punk callled Rick Ross
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by RealMccoy2(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
Golden Lady:

Thank you. We all know black people of all "nationalities" come from Africa. Africa is undeniably the cradle of civilization.
I don't think they're trying to deny their heritage/roots. Most of us here in the States that have been here through many generations don't know exactly what "tribe" we're associated with. Remember many times childeren were separated from their family so the knowledge was not passed on.
Their mom probably just really liked the name Yetunde. Maybe subconsciously there was a connection. Who knows? I myself have an Arabic first and middle name.

Most bloggers on here have not left Nigeria. Nigerians love to rip from where they didn't sow. African Americans identify themselves more with Ghana that Nigeria. Some claimed NAS was Yoruba, and went as far as saying Missy Elliot spoke Yoruba in one of her songs, and now claiming the William sisters as one of theirs. I had a African American girl friend years ago that her mum named Funmi.When I introduced her to my Yoruba friends they started claiming her as one of their own and funny enough one of my close friends
went as far as going behind my back to ask her out on a date, thinking she will fall for him since her name is from his tribe. African Americans bear any name they think of even though they don't know the meaning. Sheniqua is a popular name amongst black people, ask them the meaning and they will tell you they don't know. Build your country, groom your would be talents and stop claiming others. Google is your best friend, you can search some one's background through it and stop been lazy by spreading cheap lies and propaganda....

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by mobolaji28: 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Leave the lost souls alone,they r not Nigerians but I'm also telling them when the time comes America will spit them out like left over meal by the time the stardom expires.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by RealMccoy2(m): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
NovusHomo: Who keeps bringing these slaves to Nigeria? Danny Glover and some other clown got "cheftaincy" titles in some backwater village. Rick Ross made fun of the slums in Fashola's backyard. Wesley Snipes ran here at the height of his tax problems. (he's actually in jail for some tax crime). And now these tarts. Must Nigeria always ask to be insulted?
You are been racist by calling them slaves. Must you take every headlines on Nairaland serious? Don't be too sensitive over some dumb questions from a secondary school journalist. In advanced countries, journalist do background research on an individual before interviewing them. Their answer to the Naija made journalist was polite and on point. I am glad such question was not thrown on the likes of Jamie Foxx.
Take a chill pill, nigerians deserve what ever insult they get because they are sometimes silly.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by demmy(m): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Stupid ignorant Nigerians. And we are supposed to be educated How are these dunces not know that many African-Americans bear African names out of respect for their distant African origin and NOT because they are products of recent brain drain

1 Like

Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by RealMccoy2(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
mobolaji28: Leave the lost souls alone,they r not Nigerians but I'm also telling them when the time comes America will spit them out like left over meal by the time the stardom expires.
Nigeria has more lost souls than USA. Do a research on the amount of death by accident victims in Nigeria and compare that to Ghana before comparing it with that of US and tell us your result. Nigerians born in Nigeria with a very thick accent, seen in foreign countries don't like been identified as Nigerians....LMAO....We are too loud, most African American celebrities troop to Ghana every time yet Ghanians don't put it on their front page newspapers.
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by demmy(m): 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
NovusHomo: Who keeps bringing these slaves to Nigeria? Danny Glover and some other clown got "cheftaincy" titles in some backwater village. Rick Ross made fun of the slums in Fashola's backyard. Wesley Snipes ran here at the height of his tax problems. (he's actually in jail for some tax crime). And now these tarts. Must Nigeria always ask to be insulted?

You're a foolish and ignorant backward individual who need to read history ASAP or die because you're of no use.

What kind of history do they teach in Nigerian schools nowadays besides mansa musa and his useless trip to mecca
Re: Sorry, We Are Not Nigerians’ Say Williams Sisters. by RealMccoy2(m): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
demmy: Stupid ignorant Nigerians. And we are supposed to be educated How are these dunces not know that many African-Americans bear African names out of respect for their distant African origin and NOT because they are products of recent brain drain
You are preaching to a blackboard....LMAO It's called low self esteem....Some are dumber than dumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Super Eagles players will get $20,000 Each for winning today - Amaju Pinnick / Iheanacho Scores To Save Manchester City, Shares Photo On Instagram / Willian Is Chelsea's New No.10 As Pulisic Gets No.22, Abraham No.9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.