Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,809 members, 7,915,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 08:27 PM

5 Wordpress Plugins You’ll Need For Your Start-up Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Wordpress Plugins You’ll Need For Your Start-up Blog (626 Views)

Top Must Have Wordpress Plugins. / Over 100 Wordpress Plugins and 600 Themes for FREE! / How To Build A Strong Team, For Your Start-up... What do you think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Wordpress Plugins You’ll Need For Your Start-up Blog by tundebad9012: 6:45am On Nov 01, 2012
[b]5 WordPress Plugins You’ll Need for Your Start-up Blog

Join the discussion!

WordPress plugins are a dime a dozen. Just like a misguided kid in a toy store, blog owners may get carried

away with downloading almost every plugin they come across for their WordPress-powered blogs. While plugins can

help boost traffic, engagement, and conversions of your site (if used correctly), the blog performance will

suffer due to the congestion of plugins operating in your blog. Some even run in conflict with each other,

causing your blog to either crash or get its coding messed up.

The solution? Keep it simple! Let’s face it – you will only need at least five WordPress Plugins to run a

high-traffic, efficient, and profitable blog! Below are WordPress plugins that you should highly consider and

use for your blog to get rid of the rest.
Google Analytics

If you really want to get serious with your blog, then you need to use a comprehensive and reliable tracking

tool. The Google Analytics plugin lets you incorporate your tracking code on every single page on your blog.

This provides you access to a wealth of information from arguably the best online tracking tool available,

Google Analytics. You can view statistics on page visits, referral sites, demographics, conversions, and

campaign, among countless others, to help you gauge and interpret the effectiveness of your current online

marketing strategies.
Jetpack by

This plugin is similar to downloading 10 more plugins, each with different functions. JetPack’s abundant

features and services must be discussed individually to give you a better feel of what this plugin is capable

of.
E-mail subscription – You can encourage visitors subscribe to your site and send them blog updates to their e-

mail. As a nice exchange, you get their e-mail address, which is valuable for lead generation and other

advanced marketing campaign you plan on holding.

After the Deadline – If you are not confident with your writing skills, you can refer to this feature for

grammatical and word suggestions to improve on the quality of your content.

Twitter widget – You can display your Twitter stream on your blog.

URL shortener – This compresses character count of your blog post’s URL, which is important when posting

on social media sites allowing limited characters, i.e. Twitter.

Carousel – This feature aims to increase user experience by display a full-screen photo gallery area using your

uploaded images on the blog.

NOTE: Although I highly recommend Jetpack and have yet to experience any difficulties with the plugin, there

are a number of users who found the plugin buggy. Refer to this post – a WP forum for the plugin – if you have

encountered problems with the plugin.

Hope this few tips will benefit you all.

Follow me for more business and I.T tips on https://www.facebook.com/engrolumide.kuforiji or
https://twitter.com/OlumideKuforiji My space https://www.myspace.com/olumidekuforiji
[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Ghana's Attorney General's Website Hacked By Argentine Group / I Need A Facebook Adwords Vouchers For Facebookpage Before Monday / This Guy Wants To Sell Ourdailyhealth.org For N4,000 Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.