Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi (24812 Views)

A Thread For Batch A'16 Pcm's Posted To KEBBI State. / A Thread For Corpers Posted To Kebbi. / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Larrynrlnd1(m): 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hello ppl
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Eazeee(m): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Kebbi is relatively peaceful unlike som of d northern states even though u hav 2 b prepared 2 live a lonely n isolated life cos only ur coleagues can provide u company n nowhere 2 go n unwind. Try by all means 2 work ur posting 2 ZURU because its d only christian dorminated local govt in d state n hence u hav ur freedom 2 mingle,if u kno wat i mean(u can even marry 1 of dem. Lol).
I served in Aliero in 2008 batch A,it was lonely if not 4 d girl dat came in Batch B same yr dat made my NYSC days a bit fun. I must confes dat wit her,we trully serve Nigeria cos she did her job wel if u understand me. She came 4rom d East while i come 4rom d Middle Belt so it was 1 Nigeria after all

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2012
Some years back, I found myself in this situation also. I was lost upstairs, never been to the north and here I was posted to Kebbi, a land where animals and humans are equal. But at the end, I found myself boarding a bus back to civilization and swore never to go back. Not trying to discourage you guys, its fun if you wanna catch fun. Enjoy the extreme cold and extreme heat. Its an experience of a lifetime. Fall inlove with your fellow corper and you won't feel the sufferings in kebbi. My little advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by deandavid(m): 12:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Dfizie: I was posted to kebbi too oo, au e go hapen oo guys. Me neva enta anythin north b4.hpe se bomb no dey dat side sha?
i can bet my *** kebbi is the safest northern state in 9ja, d thing is nothing good or bad happens in kebbi, the place is just there, i served there 2011/2012 batch A, my advice prepare vry well 4 d cold, whe travelin pass abj to sokoto or jst go sokoto direct from anywhre. Arugugun is jst 45mins or so 4rm sokoto. Safe journey people. If u r a catholic look 4 nacc, they will take good care of u,in and out of camp
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by deandavid(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
Larrynrlnd1: pls is it true dat if one redeploys after camp he or she wil not receive alawee till lyk 3 months later? pls any1 wif info shud help.
yes its very true, u go suffer before u go resettle down to d state u redeploy to. So my advice love nigeria, serve nigeria in respective of whr u r posted to. Kebbi is cool, jst go there learn abt d northerns or knw d truth 4 urself. Dn u ll knw, y 9ja CANNOT DIVIDE.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by oldlord(m): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
i served in Birnin kebbi, d state capital. Although is a small city but its nice place then. if u are coming from east i advice u take a bus to Abuja, and from there take another bus to kebbi. its easy becos they will stop u in front of d camp at Jega. pls avoid travelling alway cos d road is far and those drives overspeed. pls take caution and dnt engage on unnessary quarry wit them its costly.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by deandavid(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
patwilly: Do we need original WAEC and NECO certificate in camp?
yes u nid all ur cerficates,jst pick dem all. 4 those that wants to redeploy, the stress too much o.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by deandavid(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
all d kebbi kofas its like nysc has moved to their perrmanent site whch is darkingari lga. When u enter sokoto, birninkebbi or even arugugun u ll definitely see transport to d camp.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by deandavid(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
oldlord: i served in Birnin kebbi, d state capital. Although is a small city but its nice place then. if u are coming from east i advice u take a bus to Abuja, and from there take another bus to kebbi. its easy becos they will stop u in front of d camp at Jega. pls avoid travelling alway cos d road is far and those drives overspeed. pls take caution and dnt engage on unnessary quarry wit them its costly.
sowi man u have old infor, i camped at jega 2,bt nysc has moved to dakingari permanent site.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by BEDEIKE(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
I served in kebbi, its a nice area, i was in zuru then my ppa was d fstc a vry nice schl, jxt try n get d mobilisation officer in d camp n try bribe him to post u to birnin kebbi or zuru or any of d nice areas, else u r goin to d bush.. Wishn u d very best
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Evergreen4(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hmmmm, kebbi! The land of equity whr men and animals are equal. Well kebbi is a good place to serve jst dat it is very far. I served dere, in army day sec. Sch. Birnin kebbi to b precise. I normally spend up to 18 or 19 hrs on the road. To all prospectiv corp members posted dere, I say congrats, bt d sun and heat for dere no b small oooo, evn d hamattan na die. Try to redeploy if u can

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
Dfizie: Anybody get idea of d tfare From ilorin pls. Nd is dat dakingari far fron agungun village so incase it's nt agungun one can easily easily locate dakingari. Guys hola back pls

About 3 1/2 hrs
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
olu4life: posted dea. Made sum enquiries abt transportatn. Was told u board sokoto bus frm oyingbo,wil b droppd @ kebbi. Wil b goin dea to mak more enquiries. Also told d state pays 2k and 97% are teachers

Yes ooo. Just finish serving there few weeks ago.
If the camp is arugungu drop at jega n take a car 2 arugungu it's like an hour or two from there.

If the camp is dakingary, drop at koko and take a car 2 dakingari its also like an hour.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by hamsky: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
m
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
The camp is @ dakingari n not arugungu.
please be informed and inform others.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by emalekuo(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Ask any question you need to know about kebbi, I served there and had a wonderful time. When you done you won't regret it at all. The only issue there is the distance to kebbi. If you don't want much wahala and you have small money birnin kebbi the state capital won't be a bad idea you would get cheap accommodation in the barracks, Argungu is another nice place and is 30 mins from the capital also a straight road. Zuru though about 3 hrs from the capital is also another cool place. Just ask any question. The real issue is the weather when its hot its usually very hot and when cold is very cold. So just be prepared for crazy weather conditions. They are very lovly people and a lot of ram and cow suya to be eaten plus water melon things.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by ritalicious: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Served in kebbi too,batch A,passd out in feb this year,Kebbi fun if u are in places like Birnin kebbi,Argungu and Zuru.if u are going from Lagos its better to board a bus going to Sokoto at Iddo.Young shall grow transport. but be sure to spend up to 15hrs on the road but u have to be there in the morning to buy ticket,d bus usually leaves by 4pm.its nite journey so u will get there the following day.the bus will stop u at Jega,from Jega u will get a vehicle dat will take u to Dakingari. But u can also go with Cross Country transport at Jibowu.but it leaves in the morning.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by naijaobi(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Am a batch B corp member..i was posted to kebbi b4 i relocated... The camp is at dakingari- the governor's town... The camp is okay except that some of the male hostels dnt av windows(which shouldnt be a problem since d rains has stopped)..
If u are planning to relocate, make sure u go with your medical letters from home..as the cost of getting a new one from the computer guys at the mami market can cost you up to 5k,and it won't look original...
FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by MOBBDEEP: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Table Leg :
Please who knows where one can pick up prostitutes in Kebbi?
Post details please ... Many thanks undecided

Hmm !!!, Corper.
Tread softly softly ooo.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by sayoplenty: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Kebbi, the land of equity where man & animal share equal right! Lol! Kebbi is nice, I served in a village called Maiyama just after Proffesor Jega's town. U̶̲̥̅̊ ll enjoy your stay overthere. The park is at Iddo in lagos also at Ojjo in Ibadan. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by loadux(f): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Am a batch A corp member currently serving in Kebbi was posted to birnin Kebbi I remember when I received my posting letter was in shock for days even though I didt cry but was sad anyway came to Kebbi by air, then airnigeria was still functioning got to argungu only to find DAT the camp has been moved to Dankingari had to spend extra 5hr on the road under the hot sun came to camp with purpose of redeploying but cldnt. Anyway here I am still in Kebbi and enjoying every bit of it pls u guys shld not be in a hurry to the redeploy find out abt ur LGA and ppa bf doing so.
People here live a very simple life are very friendly willingly teach u their language and u don't need much money to live here
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by kkmny81: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
I server in halìru abdu SEC sch jega in kebbi state 6 yrs ago.Kebbi used to be peaceful.however with the insecurity in the country i wouldnt advise a southerner to be there.but if u must serve in the state reside in dukku bqrracks in Birnin kebbi.thats relatively safe.good luck.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by naijaobi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
loadux: Am a batch A corp member currently serving in Kebbi was posted to birnin Kebbi I remember when I received my posting letter was in shock for days even though I didt cry but was sad anyway came to Kebbi by air, then airnigeria was still functioning got to argungu only to find DAT the camp has been moved to Dankingari had to spend extra 5hr on the road under the hot sun came to camp with purpose of redeploying but cldnt. Anyway here I am still in Kebbi and enjoying every bit of it pls u guys shld not be in a hurry to the redeploy find out abt ur LGA and ppa bf doing so.
People here live a very simple life are very friendly willingly teach u their language and u don't need much money to live here
oga, i disagree with u @the bolded part.. I also had my camp at kebbi b4 i redeployed... U r saying dat nw, cos u wia posted to birnin-kebbi..what of those posted to remote villages even at dakingari..hw are they coping?..
To all those going for their camp: i'll advise u go with ur health letter and start nw to work ur redeployment...because not everyone will get to b posted to d state capital..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Agboosomo: 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
i served dia. Enta ojota, den enta kebbi and tel d driver dat u'r goin argungu fishing festival venue because dat is d camp orientation. Make sure u join HIV CDS and b active so as to b posted to city. Call me on 08065212050 so as to conect u wit pple to help witout chargin at all. Allah kiaye(safe journey)

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by jaybim: 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2012
dboardman: Hi, I'm also posted 2 kebbi, I've not been up north before. Pls, hw many hours journey is it frm lagos? wia will I get a bus goin there? How much is d transport fare? Pls if there's anybody, let's hook up and go 2geda. Plssss ooooooo. I'm cluelesssss

Sup guys.. Bimbo, batch C, jst passed out... Kebbi is a cool plc xcept for d weather wch can be a bit harsh. I enjoyed d xperience n I havnt run back to lasgidi yet.... U can gt a ride from alaba rago or oyingbo straight to kebbi... N ur camp is in dakingari n not argungu as stated on ur call up letter.... Jst hav an open mind n u'l enjoy ur service year, I knw I did.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by jaybim: 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
[b][/b]PS. CAMP IS IN DAKINGARI O NOT ARGUNGU.... TAKE NOTE
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by dboardman: 9:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
jaybim:

Sup guys.. Bimbo, batch C, jst passed out... Kebbi is a cool plc xcept for d weather wch can be a bit harsh. I enjoyed d xperience n I havnt run back to lasgidi yet.... U can gt a ride from alaba rago or oyingbo straight to kebbi... N ur camp is in dakingari n not argungu as stated on ur call up letter.... Jst hav an open mind n u'l enjoy ur service year, I knw I did.
hy bimbo, tanx a lot 4 d kind gesture. Although, I've not been happy since I got d letter by wit wat u've said, I'm havin hope of a GƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D stay over there.I heard I can get a bus at mazamaza. Would I get a luxurious bus or d normal small bus there? Cos I would prefer d luxurious bus for conviniency. Bimbo, pls can u gv ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ ur digits? So I can get in touch wit u wen I need help or inquiruies. I'll be glad if u do, pls. I'm planning to take off on tuesday but there are still much I dnt knw and will lyk 2 know.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by olu4life(m): 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
tanx so much guys. Going tomorrow morning for bookings at oyingbo/yaba. But why did nysc put argungu na,they will just suffer some dudes that doesnt have info
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
olu4life: tanx so much guys. Going tomorrow morning for bookings at oyingbo/yaba. But why did nysc put argungu na,they will just suffer some dudes that doesnt have info
I sent u a message on FB earlier today
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Kebbi by jephiano: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Oh Kebbi! Six years after i still cant get over u completely! See me on this thread 'liking' almost everyone's comment. Well i served in Karaye Village Maiyama LGA around 2006/2007. Wasnt easy but we had fun in our own way. The weather should not be too bad now....expect really cold harmattan soon and heat that makes u feel the sun has moved in next door around march, april. We survived so u guys would do too....
If u like freedom to mingle freely, try and go to Zuru......anyways enjoy camp first! Wish u guys the best.
PS: if u r a Jehovah's witness, try and get to Birnin-Kebbi, Zuru or Yelwa......only places u would see K.Halls and have some freedom for preaching....ciao

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Lost But Found NYSC Certificate / Family Hides ‘missing’ Corps Member In Lagos – NYSC / Nysc Batch B Stream 2 Orientation Date Released ??16th January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.