Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:09 PM

Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This (6219 Views)

Common Sexual Problems In Marriage. / 10 Things Married Ladies In Akwaibom Talk About When They Meet / How Open Should One Be In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by maclatunji: 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Addition to that...in Matt. It spoke about virginity and abstain from sex but if you cant abstain from sex..it is better to be married than burn.
i think she was confusing Genesis...when the bible said Adam was alone and Eve was created to be his helpnate not wife. Eve was not his wife until after the great sin....they didnt have mortal desire dor procreation until God sent Adam and Eve out of the garden. Because they have sinned they no longer had eternal. Life or the tree of life. They had to procreate to to continue mankind. In fact after God said go forth and multiply...Adam and Eve knew each other for the first time.
They begatted two sons and no daughters but in Genesis speak about the land of the giants. There was a woman created before Eve.

How can we explain how was mankind able to continue if only two sons were born and Abel was killed by Cain and Cain had a mark on his back and hid in shame?

You all aint ready for this.

Inasmuch as I would like to read the rest of the story but that would amount to derailing this thread. You may continue the story on a new thread I guess.

I type this without malice. cheesy
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by bjcole(m): 7:18am On Nov 02, 2012
Long One:
Question for you; how do you explain these ‘unbelievers’ that get married and are still able to sustain their marriage till death do them part?
Not that I am trying to dispute your statement, rather, I agree, but it’s one of those few things that puzzles me.
i wil come 2 this in details, we r here 2 learn & see how homes & intending ones can get better. There r physical & spiritual angles 2 marriage. Physical success is what most f u measure.
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by MrsChima(f): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2012
maclatunji:

Inasmuch as I would like to read the rest of the story but that would amount to derailing this thread. You may continue the story on a new thread I guess.

I type this without malice. cheesy

No need...when i said you all are not ready...that was the end of it.

No offense taken.
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by Afamdman(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2012
It is worthy to comment and commend this lady Ftmom nice to know she came out straight to speak about the weak points she contributed to her marriage. Thank God for blessing you with a very paitent man as you put it. Nice to know that not all men are crazy, but a very important point was put out by her " so couples try and know your better halfs threshhold don't cross it, many are not blessed with patience we don't want no more voilent homes, or men that just wake up and start beating their wives or wives that just wake and start tongue lashing their men. It takes 2 to build the marriage also takes 2 to break it. Ftmom I commend your oga.
ftmom:

No, I would not have blamed him at all because he endured and I would probably have gone ahead with the divorce too, just to prove that I could. I would have been very mad, though, that he was the one that ended it and not me because him rejecting me would have been difficult to bear. The insanity is - I would have been completely heartbroken because I really did love him,under all my misbehavior. Maybe if I was the open type, I would have gone to see a shrink who could explain what I was doing because I truly can't explain it.

And yes. . . . .tolerance level made a big difference, even I would have found it difficult to tolerate

I know my answer to Mac's question may have sounded funny but that is what held our marriage together. If he had even been half as crazy as me, the mariage would not have survived.

As for tolerance, yes, it will differ between individuals. I don't think I could ever be that tolerant, just not wired that way. Shout out to the patient and the tolerant kiss kiss They are truly God's own people smiley not saying the crazies are not o
and I commend you too for changing, who knows how long oga would have taken it and also to come here and lay the 95% blame at your feet your husband knew who he married that's why he stayed.
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by Tgirl4real(f): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
ftmom:

No, I would not have blamed him at all because he endured and I would probably have gone ahead with the divorce too, just to prove that I could. I would have been very mad, though, that he was the one that ended it and not me because him rejecting me would have been difficult to bear. The insanity is - I would have been completely heartbroken because I really did love him,under all my misbehavior. Maybe if I was the open type, I would have gone to see a shrink who could explain what I was doing because I truly can't explain it.

And yes. . . . .tolerance level made a big difference, even I would have found it difficult to tolerate

I know my answer to Mac's question may have sounded funny but that is what held our marriage together. If he had even been half as crazy as me, the mariage would not have survived.

As for tolerance, yes, it will differ between individuals. I don't think I could ever be that tolerant, just not wired that way. Shout out to the patient and the tolerant kiss kiss They are truly God's own people smiley not saying the crazies are not o

Very well said jare. U can't be treating someone like poo and don't expect him/her to revolt all in the name of tolerance or making marriage work.
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by damas11111(m): 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2012
I hope the OP or any other person here is not dreaming of a trouble-free marriage! It will be an illusion for anyone to think that there is a marriage without challenges. I believe that no matter how prudent and careful you are at choosing your spouse, there will still be those marital issues that will challenge the success of your marriage. As far as twins (triplets, quadruplets, etc) produced of same womb at the same time have issues and differences, married couples will also continue to experience challenges in their marriage. Basic ingredients needed to ensure that your marriage survives these challenges include: trust, absence of abuse, caring for one another, absence of infidelity, tolerance, patience and perseverance.
Also, it is important not to have too high expectations from your spouse. Always be prepared to be disappointed on some issues. This will lessen the effect of such disappointments on you when they occur. And it will help in coming through some of the marital challenges.

1 Like

Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by Tgirl4real(f): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
You are right again FTmom. That's why I said everyone's tolerance level vary. What u will term abusive might be acceptable to another.
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by Cuddlemii: 5:15am On Nov 10, 2012
Hmmm....just passing by cheesy
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by Wislet(f): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
bjcole: contd........ Nt a man that has plenty girlfriends, or a lady that is sleeping around. He also said if u cannot hold ur body get married, becos every act of fornication destroys one in marriage. U cant eat ur cake & ve it. Our forefathers had gud marriages becos they faithful 2 one another & wit little or no sex b4 marriage. Pls lets preach d right thing, i m nt saint, i made lots of mistakes too b4. But thats d way 2 get it right. too much civilisatn is just killing us.
happy to see this.
Keep this mentality up Sir.
Re: Problems In Marriage: We Need To Talk About This by menme: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Addition to that...in Matt. It spoke about virginity and abstain from sex but if you cant abstain from sex..it is better to be married than burn.
i think she was confusing Genesis...when the bible said Adam was alone and Eve was created to be his helpnate not wife. Eve was not his wife until after the great sin....they didnt have mortal desire dor procreation until God sent Adam and Eve out of the garden. Because they have sinned they no longer had eternal. Life or the tree of life. They had to procreate to to continue mankind. In fact after God said go forth and multiply...Adam and Eve knew each other for the first time.
They begatted two sons and no daughters but in Genesis speak about the land of the giants. There was a woman created before Eve.

How can we explain how was mankind able to continue if only two sons were born and Abel was killed by Cain and Cain had a mark on his back and hid in shame?

You all aint ready for this.

Dear Ma, Genesis 5 vs 3-5 helps us to know that Adam fathered sons and daughters and not just Abel and Cain, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife thank you / Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery / Must A Woman Wail And Cry During Childbirth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.