Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,792 members, 7,889,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:44 PM

Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? (785 Views)

Christian Dating In A Godly Relationship / Sultan Abubakar Says Christmas Bombing Is Work Of Evil Men / Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by unclebros: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2008
i have tried to imagine this act of suicide bombing, i have watched so many documentaries on the CNN with dismay on how a fellow human would kill others just in the name of one god!!

pls fellow nairalanders, correct me if am wrong : even sango, obatala, ogun, sopana, aiyelala,amadioha, and other gods do not accept or use suicide killings to hurt people. i wonder what kind of god would want its subjects to do that (am just thinking of what kind of heaven would such people go to)

i sense cultism and ignoramus in action here
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2008
Question: is it licit to do evil so that good can come out of it
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
Is it possible that good comes out of evil?
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by mantraa: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
Is being rewarded with 72 virgins good?
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by Lady2(f): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2009
mactao:

Is it possible that good comes out of evil?

Yes it is possible. All things work for good for those who trust the Lord. That statement doesn't say all good things or only good things. It states all, as in good and bad. So yes it is possible. However should it be done?

Should I kill one person to save another? No, you should not achieve good by doing evil.
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by Lady2(f): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ poster.

No it is an ungodly act. Suicide in itself is a mortal sin. In suicide the person takes their life, life they did not give themselves. It is not up to them to take their own life, they didn't give themselves life. In every person lies the breath of God, and therefore in every person lies a part of God, we cannot be the ones to make a decision as to what happens to a part of God in regards to death.
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by mantraa: 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
In the bible Samson Killed himself and all the philistines in the temple, yet he is considered a hero of the Old Testament.
Why is this? Isn't his actions the same as a suicide terrorist?
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by noetic1: 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2009
mantraa:

please dont play with "allah`s" lustful reward to his slaves ooooooooo grin grin grin grin

this is what they are all looking out, praying and hoping for. To exercise their sexual prowess with the mighty allah`s 72 virgins in aljanat. grin grin grin

poser: what do the females get? 72 guys? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by hoeyeadoe: 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
Samson was due to die because people, especially the Phillistines envied the glory of God in his life. He prayed to God, his only request in the face of death. He asked God to make his death honourable by disgracing the people that brought him to judgement indiscriminately, and that was exactly what happened. God gave him the strenght to prove His mighty hands in the lives of His people.

Real xtains still do it. At times we pray that God should send back sickness to whereva it came from.
Re: Suicide Bombing: Is It A Godly Act? by Horus(m): 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2009
mantraa:

If it is a woman suicide bomber,how she is rewarded? grin

(1) (Reply)

The Bible And History: Part 1, Mark's Levity With His Source Material / Priest 'made £3m From Fake Exorcisms' / You Call Your Pastor/reverend Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.