Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,055 members, 7,970,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:30 AM

Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report (17630 Views)

No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Oil Subsidy Removal, Booby Trap For Buhari – Bamidele / Final Subsidy Report: Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by acidtalk: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2012
thelastPope: GEJ again setting things right in a most transparent way. You have to really give GEJ serious credit. That is why I laugh when I see some detractors trying to malign him. There is no Nigerian president that have even come close to exposing the rot in the system like he is doing. Big big credit! Even the thought of using his political opponent in the last election for such a sensitive task is unheard of. Imagine Fashola using Obanikoro to run a probe on Lagos? Not even phantomable!

You should be ashamed of yourself because it is obvious you know nothing about politics.

The whole using Nuhu Ribadu as a Flag bearer for ACN was a well mapped out plan Obansanjo used against ACN to play his joker.

Why do you think all the petitions against Ribadu were dropped and he was termed to 'resign' instead of the previous dismissal the police commision announed earlier under the Yaradua Government.

The plan was to plant Ribadu as a spy in ACN and El-Rufai in CPC. Which they both played well, but along the line El-Rufai and OBJ fell apart which tarnish the former's chances of returning to the PDP.

If CAN had in anyway won under Ribadu, you all would have seen a game twist in him turning his back on ACN and deffecting to PDP.

In the history of Nigerian politics, 2011 had the baddest game plan. But little kids won't just understand.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by thelastPope(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
Silva79: diezani and her cabals! May ogun judge u and ur generation

The report is not about Deziani. It is a probe covering 2002 to 2011. You lads should learn to read stuff before commenting.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by ameer2: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
How those dat stop man U 4rm robbin points #JUST PASSIN
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
thelastPope:

And what is wrong with being in PDP? Except of course you are an ACN propaganda guy! You guys just spew partisan stuff all day instead of engaging in stuff that will improve Nigeria. Its a shame really!

I be SLCPN ....SIDOWN LOOK CONGRESS PARTY OF NIGERIA...!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by thelastPope(m): 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
acidtalk:

You should be ashamed of yourself because it is obvious you know nothing about politics.

The whole using Nuhu Ribadu as a Flag bearer for ACN was a well mapped out plan Obansanjo used against ACN to play his joker.

Why do you think all the petitions against Ribadu were dropped and he was termed to 'resign' instead of the previous dismissal the police commision announed earlier under the Yaradua Government.

The plan was to plant Ribadu as a spy in ACN and El-Rufai in CPC. Which they both played well, but along the line El-Rufai and OBJ fell apart which tarnish the former's chances of returning to the PDP.

If CAN had in anyway won under Ribadu, you all would have seen a game twist in him turning his back on ACN and deffecting to PDP.

In the history of Nigerian politics, 2011 had the baddest game plan. But little kids won't just understand.

I didn't know pigs could fly! Thanks for letting me know. So can we return back to our earth station now?

You have been watching too much Jack Baer and Legend of the Seeker! First, you just called the whole of ACN stup1d! If they couldn't find out what you just said. With all their resources, then they are not fit to rule anywhere in Nigeria.

Please leave beer parlour stuff and let's talk intelligently. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
The Nigeria Petroleum Sector is in a total mess as this report shows:

* NNPC has sixteen (16) subsidiaries
* DPR can not determine how much volume of gas is flared or sold independently except the estimates provided by the companies.
* Lost to theft and sabotage as high as 250,000 barrels per day closer to 10% of daily productions amounting to as high as N1 trillion annually

I no fit read more, I don tire. Its fvcking heartbreaking.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: The Nigeria Petroleum Sector is in a total mess as this report shows:

* NNPC has sixteen (16) subsidiaries
* DPR can not determine how much volume of gas is flared or sold independently except the estimates provided by the companies.
* Lost to theft and sabotage as high as 250,000 barrels per day closer to 10% of daily productions amounting to as high as N1 trillion annually

I no fit read more, I don tire. Its fvcking heartbreaking.

Nigeria jaga-jaga every thing scata scata......abeg u listing to Idris Abdulkareem befor posting this comment! grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by thelastPope(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mcdugull:

I be SLCPN ....SIDOWN LOOK CONGRESS PARTY OF NIGERIA...!

The worst party of them all! You don't vote. You don't contribute. You do nothing but drink small stout and criticize. As if criticism will change anything. Do you even have a voters card? Lol
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by y2kaustin(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
But for providence, there would have been a replay of the Aluu incidence in Lagos. A Ram thief had been caught during the Sallah period and a mob gathered to deal with him. Fortunately, the information at our disposal indicates that he was not killed by the mob.

Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
thelastPope:

The worst party of them all! You don't vote. You don't contribute. You do nothing but drink small stout and criticize. As if criticism will change anything. Do you even have a voters card? Lol

Gbanm! you have summerised every thing about our party! grin grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
Please can we have summary of this?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by thelastPope(m): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Biyi1471: Please can we have summary of this?

Who is your personal secretary now that will use shorthand to summarise it for you? Nigerians are impossible. You complain our leaders are bad, now information is coming out as to how things have been messed up but you won't even read it! How will this country move forward then?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Joey82(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
acidtalk: Who am I to believe?

The very same Nuhu Ribadu who claimed he had a N9billion Money laundry charges against jonathan in 2007 before president obasanjo swept the whole thing under the carpet to enable Jonathan have a clear ground to be Yaradua's running mate.

The same Nuhu Ribadu who said Tinubu looted over N23billion of Lagos state money and even called Tinubu "the biggest thief in world history" and said Tinubu needs to spend at least 20years in prison if tried in a 'competent court'.

Yet this very same Nuhu Ribadu Contested under ACN in which Tinubu is the 'all and mighty' and also took a portfolio under 'jonathan's government'.

If there's one biggest criminsal Nigeria has, it is surely this same Nuhu Ribadu.

My problem with Nigerians is that they forget History so easily and let this crooks play on their intelligence.

well isnt that Naija for you.
sometimes i wonder why we hand these kinda jobs to criminals and expect a good outcome for our dear country.
Ribadu is one of the biggest scam in Naija's history, so inconsistent and during his tenure as EFCC chair was so arrogant and served justice selectively.
Non of the celebrated criminal cases under his watch ended in conviction, Dariye is now a senator for plateau state, Fayose was never arrested nor tried and a whole lot
same case as "poor man steal kuli kuli dem go convict am. rich man use him pen steal ribadu go clap for am"
so embarasing he became a pawn on tinubu's chess board, same man he accused of being the biggest criminal
for me, i dont find his report credible cos i'll always question the content of his character

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by tomakint: 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
The question is will they allow it to work? undecided When the Anti-Corruption Bill was passed under Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration in 2002, it was generally applauded as the need of the hour going by its rich and remedial contents which stipulate:
(1) Punishment for corrupt practices and other related offences;
(2) Establishment of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), vesting it with the responsibility for investigation and prosecution of offenders;
(3) Empowerment of the Chief Justice of the Federation to authorize an independent investigator to carry out investigation on allegation of corrupt practices or anything purporting to contravene any of this Act, level against the President, Vice President, Governor or Deputy Governor and consequently making his report or findings to the National Assembly, as the case may be;
(4) Power to punish any offence committed outside Nigeria by a Nigerian citizen as if it was committed in Nigeria and; (5) Protection of a person who gives information to the commission in respect of an offence committed or likely to be committed by any other person. Unfortunately, we all know that the whole contents of the Anti-Corruption Law have nearly been flagrantly violated with the culprits allowed to roam free while the tenet of the rule of law which states; equality before the law, is trampled underfoot. In Nigeria, influential public and private officials commit crime with impunities!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Wallie(m): 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2012

The very same Nuhu Ribadu who claimed he had a N9billion Money laundry charges against jonathan in 2007 before president obasanjo swept the whole thing under the carpet to enable Jonathan have a clear ground to be Yaradua's running mate.

The same Nuhu Ribadu who said Tinubu looted over N23billion of Lagos state money and even called Tinubu "the biggest thief in world history" and said Tinubu needs to spend at least 20years in prison if tried in a 'competent court'.

Yet this very same Nuhu Ribadu Contested under ACN in which Tinubu is the 'all and mighty' and also took a portfolio under 'jonathan's government'.

If there's one biggest criminsal Nigeria has, it is surely this same Nuhu Ribadu.

My problem with Nigerians is that they forget History so easily and let this crooks play on their intelligence.

OK. Can you please tell me when Ribadu became the prosecutor, AGF or judge? Are you saying that he should have jailed those people he accused of corruption? If so, under which authority because the last I heard, people still have to be charged to court and the judicial branch is responsible for finding the accused guilty! What exactly are you accusing Ribadu off? That he did his job?

More importantly, what bearing does that have on this report?

My problem with Nigerians is that people are so quick to cry foul and claim to be a victim, and if you’re not careful even a thief will shout “thief” back at you when pursued!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Wallie(m): 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joey82:

well isnt that Naija for you.
sometimes i wonder why we hand these kinda jobs to criminals and expect a good outcome for our dear country.
Ribadu is one of the biggest scam in Naija's history, so inconsistent and during his tenure as EFCC chair was so arrogant and served justice selectively.
Non of the celebrated criminal cases under his watch ended in conviction, Dariye is now a senator for plateau state, Fayose was never arrested nor tried and a whole lot
same case as "poor man steal kuli kuli dem go convict am. rich man use him pen steal ribadu go clap for am"
so embarasing he became a pawn on tinubu's chess board, same man he accused of being the biggest criminal
for me, i dont find his report credible cos i'll always question the content of his character

Oga, what power does Ribadu have to jail people even when he headed the EFCC? If he submits evidence against an accused and the AGF decides not to pursue the case or a court of competent jurisdiction determines that the accused is untouchable or not guilty, what EXACTLY do you want him to do?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by mrrock: 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Until I see Farouk Lawan in jail, I no longer have any faith anything positive will come out of the subsidy probes, panels, commitees and counter committees. There's a lot of dishonesty by the Oil marketers, NNPC, Cabals, Federal government, e.t.c. None of them is reliable!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Sike(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Somebody pls tell this yeye Ribadu to find somewhere sit jare!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by greaterlove(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
The question now should not be if ribadu is a saint or a villain, the question should be if the facts in the report are true. We all know that our oil industry is in a mess, in fact its operated like a cult, no government has ever had the guts to try and clean it up. We should study the report and make demands on the government to carry out the recommendations in it and not just throw our hands in the air calling the report and ribadu a fraud.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Jidefido(m): 12:03am On Nov 02, 2012
who is going to sit down and read all these things?when its not epistle or sumtin!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by blaqoracle: 12:41am On Nov 02, 2012

you are not preaching history,you are only preaching morality.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by jkross(m): 1:49am On Nov 02, 2012
Many reports have come and gone..this won't be the last..I try to ready sha but this iss Ω̴̩̩̩̥ά handout Õoooº°˚
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by jkross(m): 1:53am On Nov 02, 2012
y2kaustin: But for providence, there would have been a replay of the Aluu incidence in Lagos. A Ram thief had been caught during the Sallah period and a mob gathered to deal with him. Fortunately, the information at our disposal indicates that he was not killed by the mob.

Naija police will never grow...why was the foooool pointing a gun @ an un armed thief?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by edoyad(m): 3:19am On Nov 02, 2012
thelastPope:

Stop echoing beer parlour gossip! Is it the tied hands that are making him want to remove the subsidy? Do you know those making money from subsidy? Why are the powers that can tie his hand not stopping the revelations from coming out? Do you know the damage it is doing to their persons and the way it is blocking their sources of income. Give the man his credit! He is threading uncharted waters and actually taking on the forces that have chained this country for over 50years. You cannot take on such a structure and survive if you are not in charge!

I agree with you there, these are seriously uncharted waters he's wading in. Some stupendously rich families and oil barons have been feeding fat from this sector for generations and they're not going down without a fight.

Back to the topic, the little anomalies add up to give one whole messed up system. Take for example the use of Middle men by the NNPC to sell crude oil to Refineries when the global norm is to sell directly to refineries. You Just know the system was designed to enrich some people. Legacy of military era.

No wonder some tribes will spill blood to make it to Aso rock so they appoint Oil minister and NNPC GMD. Even go as far as pay for suicide bombings
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Ogosoga: 6:10am On Nov 02, 2012
thelastPope: GEJ again setting things right in a most transparent way. You have to really give GEJ serious credit. That is why I laugh when I see some detractors trying to malign him. There is no Nigerian president that have even come close to exposing the rot in the system like he is doing. Big big credit! Even the thought of using his political opponent in the last election for such a sensitive task is unheard of. Imagine Fashola using Obanikoro to run a probe on Lagos? Not even phantomable!

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by olawaleoje(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2012
vascey: This report does not surprise me.

NNPC, politicians and IOCs have been fleecing this country. Everyone indicted should be made accountable.

But as usual, nothing will probably come out of this whole process afterall the Halliburton criminals are still walking free.

This country is a jungle.

Dis worries¤me
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by adventisty: 10:48am On Nov 02, 2012

Acidtalk, u're right because sometimes you need to go backward to be able to move forward! History helps shape the future.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by BetaThings: 1:54am On Nov 03, 2012
thelastPope:

Stop echoing beer parlour gossip! Is it the tied hands that are making him want to remove the subsidy? Do you know those making money from subsidy? Why are the powers that can tie his hand not stopping the revelations from coming out? Do you know the damage it is doing to their persons and the way it is blocking their sources of income. Give the man his credit! He is threading uncharted waters and actually taking on the forces that have chained this country for over 50years. You cannot take on such a structure and survive if you are not in charge!

What uncharted waters? Vowing and vowing and not giving a damn about Nigerians
In 2.5 years, Yaradua jailed Bode George and refused to sign the N36b budgeted for 2009 FIFA u17 competition until they scaled it down to N9b
Do you think when N245b was budgeted for subsidy and they spent N50b above it GEJ was not aware of it? Look nobody has the temerity to spend N30b without a budget or above budget in this country without GEJ's approval let alone the N2trillion we ended up with
Is the person trying to set up a parallel country? Who would sign it, the accountant general? who will release the money - minister of finance? How will the person explain it?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by jaybee(f): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2012
take dat: Should we then discredit this report based on your post? Let us know where you stand.

where is the credibility in this report in the first place? none! so there is nothing to discredit in the first place. this should answer your thoughtless question.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report by Gbawe: 11:34am On Nov 03, 2012
Sike: Somebody pls tell this yeye Ribadu to find somewhere sit jare!

As usual, make it about the messenger and not the message. Very intelligent, mature and helpful contributions to finding solutions that will take us where we need to go.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Controversial N4.5billion Yatch Hotel Disappears From Lagos. / Shiites Don’t Recognize Buhari, Me As President, Governor – El-rufai / "Stop Harassing People With Laptops" - Isa Ali-Pantami To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.