Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,478 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Second Class 2:1 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Second Class 2:1 (829 Views)

My Conclusion On 1st Class 2.1 And 2.2 / Are Second Class Lower Graduates Still Relevant In Our Society? / Graduating With A Second Class Lower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Class 2:1 by wisemikky(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2008
It has become a norm for all recruiting firms in the country to state 2:1 as the minimum requirements for applying to any of their advertised job vacancies, this development has gone on unchecked for quite some time now.

am writing not to condenm anybody but to urge all the so called high paying firms that they have contributed and are contributing to the decay of our educational system as majority of nigerian students now Hustle for a 2:1 no matter what it takes and hence killing our educational integrity.

i want to categorically state here that i have seen a lot of 3rd class students with better skills, expertise and intelligence than our so called 1st class and 2:1 graduates (which may have been gotten thru sorting or purchase).

The criteria for judgement should not only be based on the class of Grade but on what the graduate has to offer or can do. A stitch in time they say, saves nine
Re: Second Class 2:1 by deor03(m): 9:18pm On Jan 29, 2008
wisemikky:

i want to categorically state here that i have seen a lot of 3rd class students with better skills, expertise and intelligence than our so called 1st class and 2:1 graduates (which may have been gotten through sorting or purchase).

The criteria f, A stitch in time they say, saves nine

Bros , i have also seen a lot of intelligent 2.1 and 1st class graduates too wink

Don't worry recruiters will sort out the genuine 2.1 from fake, don't loose sleep over that. ok

A stich in time like you just said saves nine. So if you are still in school now, save yourself the strees; READ hard and you will get your 2.1 and 1st class.

All the best
Re: Second Class 2:1 by uchetobi(f): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2008
deor03:

Bros , i have also seen a lot of intelligent 2.1 and 1st class graduates too wink

Don't worry recruiters will sort out the genuine 2.1 from fake, don't loose sleep over that. ok

A stich in time like you just said saves nine. So if you are still in school now, save yourself the strees; READ hard and you will get your 2.1 and 1st class.

All the best

Well said, i couldnt have put it better
Re: Second Class 2:1 by chiol: 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
In `80s, it was school cert. In `90s, it was HND or degree. Now, it is the class of degree. Very soon, the bottom line will be first class or additional qualification. This is due to high rate of unemployment and the decline in the standard of our education. Even those with 2.1 are becoming too many nowadays. What they are interested in is just 2.1 no matter how and where it was gotten from. A 2.1 in university A may be equivalent to 3rd class in university B. Besides, where do we go from here?

Let NUC give us an exam body that will be in charge of all the undergraduate exams in this country. The body will be conducting the same exam for all the schools the same day. This will go a along way in checking the problems of exchanging sex for marks, cultists harassing lecturers for marks, fishing out quark lecturers and setting standards for our graduates no matter the school they attended. Above all, the dignity of Nigerian graduates will be restored.

(1) (Reply)

Skye Interview / Cibn / Uregent Need Of A Receptionist (front Desk Lady)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.