Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:37 PM

5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World (3266 Views)

9 Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World by safarigirl(f): 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is a list of those jobs most people ignore, those jobs whose performers are sidelined to my understanding, and taken for granted. Feel free to add more

1. Cleaners- These people are probably the most under appreciated in the world. They have to clean up after people in public places, they are faced with possibilities of infections from every angle. Despite this, they are looked down on and are not paid as much as they deserve for all the mucky stuff they clean up.

2. Sewage Disposal- These people literally deal with a lot of sh1t in their line of work. Again, they are highly under appreciated.

3. Secretaries- Forget that some may sit in air-conditioned offices. They have to handle every demented soul that wishes to see the boss. They are called names, and sometimes, even beaten in office scuffles. They work overtime and still have to handle a grouchy boss once in a while.

4. Nurses- Grouchy, unco-operative patients, trays being flung at you, the risk of getting injected by an infected blood...just another day in the life of a nurse. Even doctors, don't face half of the problems, an average nurse has in a day.

5. Teachers- Know-it-all parents, stubborn students, inconsiderate superiors, teachers have it all. They are some of the least paid people in the world, when their jobs are put into consideration.

BTW, I didn't add things like police officers, army officers, fire fighters et al, cos they are appreciated in most parts of the world.
Re: 5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World by sisqology(m): 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
Teacher, Driver, Programmers!
Re: 5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World by Techwriter: 1:13am On Nov 02, 2012
Going by your number 1 (cleaners) which I know many people will agree to, could you imagine that Jesus laid aside His majesty and took towel to clean the feet of His followers. Today many of our Churches practice the physical side(feet washing) but ignore the underlying principle which is servant leadership. How many of our leaders- political and religious will truely serve their followers?

The sermon today is taken from Mat 11:29 where Jesus says "learn from me for I am meek and lowly in heart..." There are some leaders and founders that if you learn from them, you would become a terrorist, child molester, pirates etc

@OP I refuse to agree wt some of your stuff, in some countries nurses are seriously appreciated
Re: 5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World by Sobrit(m): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2012
i will say d least appreciated profession is teaching taking into cognizance the fact that teaching is a professional job unlike those others u mentioned like cleaning. Guess nobody goes to any higher institution to read cleaning. Also, given the importance, impact and indispensibility of that profession, the teachers re made to lead a miserable life with d cliche ''teachers' rewards re in heaven''-an alibi for d vacuous neglect nd relegation.this though, is mostly prevalent in Nigeria. In other parts of d world, it's not so.i will say d least appreciated profession is teaching taking into cognizance the fact that teaching is a professional job unlike those others u mentioned like cleaning. Guess nobody goes to any higher institution to read cleaning. Also, given the importance, impact and indispensibility of that profession, the teachers re made to lead a miserable life with d cliche ''teachers' rewards re in heaven''-an alibi for d vacuous neglect nd relegation.this though, is mostly prevalent in Nigeria. In other parts of d world, it's not so.i will say d least appreciated profession is teaching taking into cognizance the fact that teaching is a professional job unlike those others u mentioned like cleaning. Guess nobody goes to any higher institution to read cleaning. Also, given the importance, impact and indispensibility of that profession, the teachers re made to lead a miserable life with d cliche ''teachers' rewards re in heaven''-an alibi for d vacuous neglect nd relegation.this though, is mostly prevalent in Nigeria. In other parts of d world, it's not so.
Re: 5 Most Under Appreciated Jobs In The World by Sobrit(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2012
omg!, sorry for that faux pas. Didn't know how that triple copy came about.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Nigerian Institute Of Management (nim) Office Add In Adamawa State / ACCA Past Papers Questions - Free Download / 40k Job In Ilorin Or 85k Job In Oron?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.