Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,079 members, 7,880,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:58 PM

Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors (9275 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine / Crash Of Okotie’s 2nd Marriage: We’re Shocked, Sad – Church Members, Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
I have observed that most people react positively to achievement and possession acquired by celebrities but start hating when its pastors that acquire these things.
For instance,
Tuface just bought two multimillion naira house. Everyone seems to be congratulating him.
On the other hand, sources say the men's fellowship of a church bought a chopper for their pastor's birthday. Someone now reminds us how low our national economy is and ow buying such is a 'waste of resources'. Its sad and irritating and I really would love to know why this is so
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by ijawkid(m): 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
preshuzpearl: I have observed that most people react positively to achievement and possession acquired by celebrities but start hating when its pastors that acquire these things.
For instance,
Tuface just bought two multimillion naira house. Everyone seems to be congratulating him.
On the other hand, sources say the men's fellowship of a church bought a chopper for their pastor's birthday. Someone now reminds us how low our national economy is and ow buying such is a 'waste of resources'. Its sad and irritating and I really would love to know why this is so

the rich gullible flocks of a church would buy there pastor a chopper who already drives a range rover,while they neglect the poor and needy in that same church....

Does that make any sense??

Tuface can buy a space shuttle if he wants to,he worked so hard for the cash......not MOG's......

20 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^ Dumb!
Pls tell me, wat d difference? These ministers of d gospel work just as hard as anyone. They help so many people in many ways. they put themselves through lots of sacrifice to fulfill what God has called them to do. do u know how many lives have been changed as a result of their ministrations?or d number of people who got deliverance,healing,encouragement? It baffles me how doctors in d world charge 100,000 for consultation and its okay, then God uses someone to perform a miracle and another person is getting angry because d individual shows his appreciation to God by offering a gift.

Besides How do u want to compare God's work with stupid music u or senseless movies where people just come to display and showcase bodies and fake accents.
There's clearly no basis for your claims!

20 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by ijawkid(m): 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
preshuzpearl: ^^ Dumb!
Pls tell me, wat d difference? These ministers of d gospel work just as hard as anyone. They help so many people in many ways. they put themselves through lots of sacrifice to fulfill what God has called them to do. do u know how many lives have been changed as a result of their ministrations?or d number of people who got deliverance,healing,encouragement? It baffles me how doctors in d world charge 100,000 for consultation and its okay, then God uses someone to perform a miracle and another person is getting angry because d individual shows his appreciation to God by offering a gift.

Besides How do u want to compare God's work with stupid music u or senseless movies where people just come to display and showcase bodies and fake accents.

Musicians work to make money,pastors are to do Gods work for free.......

Please kindly read 1 timothy 6:5-7

5 and constant friction between
people of corrupt mind, who have been robbed
of the truth and who think that godliness is a
means to"" financial gain"".
6 But godliness with contentment is great
gain. 7 For we brought nothing into the world,
and we can take nothing out of it.

The difference between that should exist between tuface and a pastor is that 2face makes good music for financial gain,while a true pastor who wants to follow Jesus should preach the gospel for free and not expecting financial gains.........

The apo§tles ¶erformed all kÍnds of miracles,still they had nothing nor amassed material things.....

Why is .the case of toÐays MOG's different??

Its simple:::::because they are peddlers of Gods word...

26 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
ijawkid:

The difference between that should exist between tuface and a pastor is that 2face makes good music for financial gain,while a true pastor who wants to follow Jesus should preach the gospel for free and not expecting financial gains.........

The apo§tles ¶erformed all kÍnds of miracles,still they had nothing nor amassed material things.....

So? Does he force his church members to give him expensive gifts?
Or Is he supposed to sleep under the bridge and eat garbage just cos he is a preacher and does God's work wholeheartedly?
Honestly how people think sometyms really baffle me

8 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by ijawkid(m): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
preshuzpearl:

Or Is he supposed to sleep under the bridge and eat garbage just cos he is a preacher and does God's work wholeheartedly?

Lol.....

Please read 1 timothy 6....

It will help you....

if you can't see that a pastor using church money to acquire Jets is wrong then you need serious help.....

Jesus and the early apostles never lived such fraudulent lives....

15 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by truthislight: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
preshuzpearl:

it is not how he thinks that baffled you but it is the scriptures he quoted that baffled you.

You were not expecting such kind scriptures. Lol.

No body said that any body should sleep under the bridge, but christians should follow the foot step of christ.

13 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by truthislight: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

Please read 1 timothy 6....

It will help you....

if you can't see that a pastor using church money to acquire Jets is wrong then you need serious help.....

Jesus and the early apostles never lived such fraudulent lives....

Good job bro.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Boomark(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2012
As rich as our Lord is, how many chariots, horses did he own that can easily shuttle him and his disciples Samaria to Bethlehem. But He walked so as to meet His people at the point of their need. He never accepted any despite the fact that He also healed lots rich men. And He can own thousands of it if He wants.

Christ asked Peter to tend and feed His sheep not the sheep feeding Peter. Pastor should be contented without owning a Jet. You can't tell us that if they don't own all those things they will die of malnutrition or they wount dress well. They are to focus more on helping the poor and those in need.

They are servants not celebrity.

7 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lol. All say nay. Well everyone is entitled to his/er own opinion. But then, we are in no position to judge anyone by calling them 'highminded' or saying they 'trust in riches' (which is why i feel u quoted that scripture). not all of them are.
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by PastorKun(m): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^^
Unfortunately Christianity is NOT about personal opinions. It is about the undiluted teachings of christ.

9 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 5:47am On Nov 04, 2012
preshuzpearl: I have observed that most people react positively to achievement and possession acquired by celebrities but start hating when its pastors that acquire these things.
For instance,

Its religous mentality And poverty mentality. Either it's plane or chopper, it's only a vehicle. . A minister should used what is needed for his work like everyone else. is there a pastoral vehicle ? Volkswagen or 404? It depends on what God calls an individual for. Those who ministernamong peasant may have to live like peasant to reach them. Some are called to reach the nobles. The riverine village preacher may need a canoe not a car. The international evangelist or preacher may need a chopper or plane. Chopper is made for man not monkeys. You don't criticize another man. It's between him and his God.

5 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Boomark(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

Its religous mentality And poverty mentality. Either it's plane or chopper, it's only a vehicle. . A minister should used what is needed for his work like everyone else. is there a pastoral vehicle ? Volkswagen or 404? It depends on what God calls an individual for. Those who ministernamong peasant may have to live like peasant to reach them. Some are called to reach the nobles. The riverine village preacher may need a canoe not a car. The international evangelist or preacher may need a chopper or plane. Chopper is made for man not monkeys. You don't criticize another man. It's between him and his God.

This is why people now do whatever they want in the church.
Jo are you actually rich or you just have a rich mentality as a poor man?

No body cares what psquare does with their money. A Christian servant should watch what he does so that wount mislead the sheep. No body said he shouldn't use cars o. But what is a shepherd doing with excess chariots when the flocks that contribute to his well being have needs. Don't come here and tell us that since they are not complaining, it means it is right.

So calling now have class. Some are called to attend to the rich while some are called for the poor. I tire for O yes members.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2012
All Join... Pastorz shuld live like human beingz, not animalz. If 2-face started frm d scratch of music & grew to buy a plane, whtz wrong wt a pastor whose church started frm d scratch buyin a choper. As long as he did nt steal, all Join..!

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by yuzedo: 11:39am On Nov 04, 2012
This op daft o! shocked Are you sure she isn't Oyedepo's (Il)legitimate child? undecided

Somebody used HIS OWN money to acquire his desires, another person is using the sweat of both rich and poor to fund an unnecessarily ostentatious lifestyle (just like armed robbers do) and you are comparing?! What is the basis abeg?!

Celebs have decided to follow mammon. And thus nobody can question their decisions. However, "pastors" profess to follow their master Jesus, who borrowed a fuc(king) donkey when he coulda conjured a G5 out of thin air.. You and all them effing pastors are a joke pls! They haven't finished ministering and evangelizing to 160million Nigerians of which only about 100,000 are sure of heaven, they are globe-trotting to evangelize to those who brought the gospel to us. Does that even make sense?!

Don't piss me off abeg! angry

13 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Ezeufi: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2012
This Ugandan pastor must be truely comming from God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM&feature=related
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2012
preshuzpearl: ^^ Dumb!

dumb u, thats y i luv tb joshua, even if u buy him a chopper,he would sell it and use the money for the poor... Which minister in the bible owns horses sef.. Jesus trecked..he said,sell everything and give it to the poor not to the mog
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by iamswizz(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2012
This post has been hidden grin
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Ayodhejjy(m): 11:56am On Nov 04, 2012
For instance,
the tin is dat, there are plenty church member who are walloin in abject and chronics poverty and it would be foolish on the part of pastor wastin such huge of money on optional material.
On d part of celebrity, they are doin dia tins outside d scripture and dey are acqurin dia wealth. So, they are in comparable

3 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by luckyamer: 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
ijawkid:

God heals and saves for free, y didnt He return d 1000 burnt offerns given by solomon, Jesus did miracles for free y didnt He refuse d woman wit d alabaster box from pourin al dat oil on Him. I am sure lyk judas ur mind tels u its a waste. . .
And who made u judge ova Gods' or anoda mans servant anyway. Keep ur tithes and offerings to urself because u fear Gods servant may eat it, His work wil prevail all the same.

10 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Boomark(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
torhuke: All Join... Pastorz shuld live like human beingz, not animalz. If 2-face started frm d scratch of music & grew to buy a plane, whtz wrong wt a pastor whose church started frm d scratch buyin a choper. As long as he did nt steal, all Join..!

Growing on whose money. Is it his money making venture?

Millions of people in Nigeria still need help. They are the one to take care of them in Nigeria. And not fly abroad to collect oversea tithe.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by yuzedo: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2012
preshuzpearl:

Zip your pie-hole for the sake of your progenitors and potential descendants abeg.
1. Apostle Paul said that "Pastors" are to work! Not live on the handouts of followers..
2. If they ORDER their followers not to lavish them with expensive gifts, I'm sure their words will carry authority. But hey, they are the ones that solicit cash & kind in order to compete with their "rivals".. Who has biggest church auditorium, who has most private jets, universities.
Their "business model" is genius I tellya! Okwa church business? Smdh!

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Truckpusher(m): 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
For instance,
Tuface sings until his voice cracks and he gets paid but your pastors twists the word of God to suit your conscience, which your own very soul depends on for eternity while he continues to line his pockets...HAVE YOU SEEN THE DIFFERENCE?

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Techwriter: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
hmm...See responses. I can't believe Nigerians still reason this way after Christianity has been here for years. Whats the difference between priests and kings in the New Testanent? I will open a new thread i will title "In defense of Oyedepo" to answer mst of the questions raised here. Watch Out

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by iykak47: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
luckyamer:
God heals and saves for free, y didnt He return d 1000 burnt offerns given by solomon, Jesus did miracles for free y didnt He refuse d woman wit d alabaster box from pourin al dat oil on Him. I am sure lyk judas ur mind tels u its a waste. . .
And who made u judge ova Gods' or anoda mans servant anyway. Keep ur tithes and offerings to urself because u fear Gods servant may eat it, His work wil prevail all the same.
Comparing The bolded line with private jets or extravagant lifestyle of pastors really shows that you are too dull.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by dare2think: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
No hope for Nigeria if our so called Youths still clamor around profit-seeking pastors for redemption.
Materialism has blinded the thinking faculty of our greedy nation.

A man can call himself a Man of God, promises blessings if you pay certain monies to his church then suddenly becomes wealthy and the future of Nigeria cant ask critical questions!

Instead they ask foolish questions like; are they complaining? did you call him/her? are you to Judge?

Dirty politicians are not the only irreparable cancer of Nigeria, mentally lazy youths harbouring in our banks, schools,institutions are causing Nigeria more damage than the politicians!

4 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Sagytarius(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
#in mortal kombat's voice: Flawless victory
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
This Op is a real dullard. Poor attempt at defending ur pastor dad.
Jesus fed the poor and hungry with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes. Nowadays, the poor feed the pastors with their hard earned money at the determent of having a decent life.

You say that pastors don't force them? Well, they do something worse. They threaten and blackmail them with eternal doom, poverty and misfortune if they don't drop their tithes and offering.

6 Likes

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
iykak47: Comparing The bolded line with private jets or extravagant lifestyle of pastors really shows that you are too dull.

A real dummy indeed. They should start screening the type of people allowed to open threads. These are the people they say have an IQ of 69.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by Boomark(m): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Techwriter: hmm...See responses. I can't believe Nigerians still reason this way after Christianity has been here for years. Whats the difference between priests and kings in the New Testanent? I will open a new thread i will title "In defense of Oyedepo" to answer mst of the questions raised here. Watch Out

You will see how your hand will fall...i mean how you will fall your hand.
Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by eyenCalabar(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
Some of you so-called Christians of NL, if u have your way, u'll cripple Christianity. So it wrong for a pastor to fly using his own personal jet. That's wrong mentality brother. Ok, if you say the pastor should not used church money to buy jet or any so-called expensive things, where would he get the money from? Or you'll be happy to see him using church money for charity and a brother in church would go picking him to church everyday and another taking him back home after service. Okay, if you agrees that he buys a car, what kind of car would you like your pastor to use? An expired model? A bittle? Or just what? Okay, if a car is okay for him to use without complains, is it plane/jet that is too much? My people, they'll always be poor ppl in the society, some join the church with their poverty so don't blame the man of God that he is living big while members are poor. Besides, if those poor members don't give from their poverty state they'll never get of out poverty. Take it or leave it. You alone, ponder on your cumulative for the past six months you have given to the church, can it buy your pastor a shoe? See, pray that your pastor is rich else you won't be rich yourself and eventhough you were rich before joining the church you'll be made poor 'cos your poor pastor now is your spiritual head and he'll influence you spiritually with his own poverty. Don't argue, just take it.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Versus Popular Pastors by ABUGEORGE(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
Anyone dey like let dem do, God is watching dem, pastors life style just dey baffle me, why will a pastor bought a plane while is members are suffering. Is pastors meant to be flexing or be an assistance to d poor. Anytime we try to say somethin dey said dont judge, who made us d judge, 2face sings and get paid, pastor to preach and win souls for God not to be buildin houses, buying plane increasin school fees. At times let we nigerians try to be sincere wit our speech at times. I reserve my comments

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Ways To Express Love For God / Top 10 Most Religious Countries In The World / Calvinism Vs Arminianism - Whose View Is Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.