Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,481 members, 7,940,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? (13250 Views)

Callup Letter 2015 Batch B : How To Check It / I Laminated My NYSC Certificate, Any Effect? / NYSC 2015 Batch A Call Up Letter Is Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by patholaw: 12:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Remind me of 100level students...na anytin dey see dey de fotocopy and laminate....my fwend went 2 fotocopy his admisn latter some 100level students were there and said dey shld do 1,1 copy 4 dem 2....
@OP na ur type of person be dat. OTONDO, ju man
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
Guy forget laminate or unlaminate. I did same too during my tym and i was gud to go. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by pato405(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
Very funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. never heard of this before. laminating call up! oh goodness!!!!! you are a complete clown. I just imagine what you'll do when you finaly get your NYSC certificate! you'll make a giant portrait of it or cast it on stone. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by calabaman(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
wen i read ur post Op.. Laugh kidnap me and empty my bank account! Na wa u oo.. Dont do anything abt it till u get to camp, then if they tell u to un-laminate it u'l look for a means to do so. They may not mind after all.......
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by slimyem: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
lmao...
Over-excitement...
Op,you for laminate all your passport join am nah...cheesy
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by IbroSaunks(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2012
ghettodreamz:

Must you drag tribe issue into this? He simply asked a question, if you can't help him with a straight answer, then keep mute for goodness sake.
Camman, it was probably meant to be funny!
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by BarexB: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
Don't unlaminate it now. Make a colour Photocopy, take the call up letter to camp and when NYSC officials ask U to unlaminate it, do it in their presence. They will surely ask you to unlaminate it.. Don't panic and do something stupid now, just chill. Its part of being an otondo... Goodluck
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
@OP I sha hope u weren't posted to Kano State cos those NYSC guys will frustrate ur life. I remember during our time those dt came wit theirs laminated were left unattended to because the call-up letter couldn't be stamped during d registration.
Imagine d crowd pushing for registration, and u finally get to d front only to present a laminated call-up, the angry NYSC staff and impatient corpers will jst shout and embarass you and push you out of the line. The best thing U can do for urself is to UNlaminate it (if there's any word like that) before u enter camp.
All d best
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by kaydibs(f): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
DO NOT UNLAMINATE IT! Cz if u do u will SPOIL it. I just served and during the reg process som ppl laminated theirs too. Don't do anything. Its the nysc officials dat will tear out a small part of d laminated paper cz dey need to write your rv number on d call up letter. Don't touch it oh else u may spoil it and be in a bigger soup. By d way, wat u even excited abt going to camp for? Its all abt suffering and dirty toilets and sleeping on bunks and standing under d sun or in the rain. Plz don't touch ur letter oh. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by killuminati(m): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
Illuminate or aluu4minate it sefundecided
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Dermie: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
i dont think its an offence,
the officers should know what to do,
you shouldn't be punished for that,
was it ever given as NYSC rule?

But, you can try the scisscors stunt carefully.
If it doesn't work, just leave it alone.
NO WORRIES.
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Pain(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
U remind of a strange fellow who used to laminate all his receipts!
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
chai see replies.... abeg make the poster no go commit suicide o
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Mintayo(m): 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
Pls am been posted to enugu state; pls is it right 2 go to camp on monday!
The camp opens on tuesday but i want to leave on monday due 2d fact dt am comin 4m Oyo state!
Will i b allowed in on monday Thanks
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by guy1234: 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
No mind most of these guys here jare.My case was more complicated than yours.I laminated mine after the D.G signed on it for redeployment.On getting to camp,I was directed to the state co-ordinator who was going to sign on my call-up,for admitting me into his state.He just had to staple a paper on my laminated call up to append his signature.moral of the story,don't rush into a rash decision(unlaminating e.t.c)when u get there u'll know what to do.Goodluck bro.

1 Like

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by guy1234: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mintayo: Pls am been posted to enugu state; pls is it right 2 go to camp on monday!
The camp opens on tuesday but i want to leave on monday due 2d fact dt am comin 4m Oyo state!

Go anytime,u'll meet fellow excited coppers like u.I got to camp on thursday.advatage of going stupidly early:u'll get nice accomodation,maybe good kits,buh ur suffer go start earler than others.

1 Like

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by Ndoz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2012
gudeakeemson: with all the excitement wen i received my letter, and i dont want anything to stain or spoil it, i went along to laminate it. It was later i got info that d letter is not for us.. I want to ask may be is true because they told me they'll not collect the letter from me.

Please i need your comment and suggestion on this

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha gringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin no vex lwkmd..smh
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by idmanzik: 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mintayo: Pls am been posted to enugu state; pls is it right 2 go to camp on monday!

I can just imagine how excited you are. The distance from Oyo to Enugu is less than 8 hours. Set out early on Tuesday; you will definitely get to Enugu before 4pm. If you chose to leave on Monday, you will definitely meet camp officials ready to welcome you.

Enjoy this great experience. Have fun!!!

Goodluck to you.
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by oubi: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2012

If Ʊ get to d ort. Camp on monday Ʊ'll see ūя̲̅ fellow otondos. Its fun sha.
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by oubi: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
guy1234: No mind most of these guys here jare.My case was more complicated than yours.I laminated mine after the D.G signed on it for redeployment.On getting to camp,I was directed to the state co-ordinator who was going to sign on my call-up,for admitting me into his state.He just had to staple a paper on my laminated call up to append his signature.moral of the story,don't rush into a rash decision(unlaminating e.t.c)when u get there u'll know what to do.Goodluck bro.

Hmmm... Mayb Ʊ skiped d part dat d state cod. Applauded ūя̲̅ effort for laminatein ūя̲̅ call-up aπd giving him xtra work to do.
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by bank2k4real(m): 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Agbgift: grin U never pass camp gate, u don begin dey exibith otondo tins. Jst find solution to it nw before u carri ur kaya dey go camp.otondo!if dem give u nysc kit, abeg laminate d vest, and boot too. Yeye.

Abeg why u harsh like dis nahhhh....pity f guy abeg.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by bank2k4real(m): 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2012

Yeah...sure...you van even go earlier than dat....the first person in camp receives an award....
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by bank2k4real(m): 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
patholaw: Remind me of 100level students...na anytin dey see dey de fotocopy and laminate....my fwend went 2 fotocopy his admisn latter some 100level students were there and said dey shld do 1,1 copy 4 dem 2....
@OP na ur type of person be dat. OTONDO, ju man

Una no go kill me with laf......pity the guy na lack of orientation....
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by koolguy88(m): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
as you've laminated your call up letter doesnt mean anything in fact you have an upper hand over other corp member who did not. you have preserved it from water, rough handling etc, it's ok and carry goo camp ooooo, bless you and take care

1 Like

Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by toye4eva01: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
gudeakeemson: with all the excitement wen i received my letter, and i dont want anything to stain or spoil it, i went along to laminate it. It was later i got info that d letter is not for us.. I want to ask may be is true because they told me they'll not collect the letter from me.

Please i need your comment and suggestion on this
There is no cause for worry if you have laminated it. Wen you get to the camp you will be given another copy so that other copy will serve as your original.
P.S. When you are asked why just simply apologize don't give too many stories
For more info u can ask I will be glad to help
Cheers
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by estherkunle: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
oya, begin fasting and prayer...
Re: I Laminated My Callup Letter; Is There Any Punishment For That? by guy1234: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
oubi:

Hmmm... Mayb Ʊ skiped d part dat d state cod. Applauded ūя̲̅ effort for laminatein ūя̲̅ call-up aπd giving him xtra work to do.

grin,Yeah,guess I did,buh he really didn't make a fuss.He didn't create a scene outa it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nysc@50: Osun Holds Unity Walk To Commemorate Golden Jubilee / Cancellation Of Relocation / Enugu Corpers Donate Money To 14-Year-Old Girl Who Had Her Leg Amputated (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.