Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,029 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:07 AM

Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? (2547 Views)

Mosque Offer Tea To Protesting Anti-Islam Group / Dajjal, The Anti-christ Has Been Existing / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by LagosShia: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
I have read many views, on nairaland particularly,asking muslims not to protest even peacefully and to allow "their God" to act against those behind the anti-Islam film.from a religious point, disasters such as flood or earthquake can be seen as a sign,warning,test or simply explained scientifically if the location is prone to such disaster.also there is the time factor.this hurricane,of such magnitude, came to the US east coast just not long after the production of the insulting,blasphemous,provocative and defaming film.

I am not concluding myself on any reason because I cannot speak on behalf of God.but for those who believe in signs and were in fact asking for one,could this hurricane be seen as a sign or punishment against the blasphemy america is giving cover to against? What do you think?
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2012
in my opinion, It is more likelythe impact of sea level rise and increased water vapor or
global warming.
I think it is very nice that you asked what people thought instead of outrightly declaring that it was a punishment from Allah (as if Allah spoke to you and told you so or something).
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by deols(f): 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
That it is a punishment can not be ruled out. But as humans and without the knowledge of d unseen, it is better we leave it as it is best known-hurricane sandy.

Just ystrdy while goin through some youtube videos,I read a comment like yours. Am sure many Muslims must be feeling vindicated by the hurricane. I prefer to be on the safe side.

It is interesting that science usually has an explanation. Even at death they'd call it a cardiac arrest. It doesnt ever negate the spiritual cause of the events.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by tintingz(m): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
It is both punishment and natural disaster......them never see anything this just the begining hurricane brandy is still coming the twin sister to hurricane sandy.....let them prepare for this tho i never pray for this to happen...
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by brentkruge: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
Abegi. Its delusional to assume that natural disasters must be a form of punishment. What of Katrina and other storms, forest fires, earth quakes etc that happened in America in the last 50 years. Were those punishments too?

What of this years flooding in about 10 states in Nigeria just this year. Are we being punished too?

Believe what you can if it makes you feel good. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by deols(f): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2012
brentkruge: Abegi. Its delusional to assume that natural disasters must be a form of punishment. What of Katrina and other storms, forest fires, earth quakes etc that happened in America in the last 50 years. Were those punishments too?

What of this years flooding in about 10 states in Nigeria just this year. Are we being punished too?

In delusions you don't assume, You call it a fact.

and those other storms could have been it too? or when did Nigerians become saints.
Anyways, I am not affirming anything.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by LagosShia: 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2012
brentkruge: Abegi. Its delusional to assume that natural disasters must be a form of punishment. What of Katrina and other storms, forest fires, earth quakes etc that happened in America in the last 50 years. Were those punishments too?

It would be nice to know from those who ask for Allah's punishment when would they be convinced it is actually divine punishment and they should desist from their evil ways?is it till the ocean submerges the entire US and turns canada into an island on its own cut off from continental america?when would it be enough to make the U-turn?

I am not concluding that Sandy was punishment or not.I'm simply seeking the opinion of others especially the haters.

Holy Quran 46:22
"They said: Have you come to us to turn us away from our gods; then bring us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful ones".

Holy Quran 40:81-85
"And He shows you (always) His Signs: then which of the Signs of Allah will ye deny? Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were more numerous than these and superior in strength and in the traces (they have left) in the land: Yet all that they accomplished was of no profit to them. For when their apostles came to them with Clear Signs, they exulted in such knowledge (and skill) as they had; but that very (Wrath) at which they were wont to scoff hemmed them in. But when they saw Our Punishment, they said: "We believe in Allah,- the one Allah - and we reject the partners we used to join with Him." But their professing the Faith when they (actually) saw Our Punishment was not going to profit them. (Such has been) Allah.s Way of dealing with His Servants (from the most ancient times). And even thus did the Rejecters of Allah perish (utterly)"!

1 Like

Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
LagosShia:

It would be nice to know from those who ask for Allah's punishment when would they be convinced it is actually divine punishment and they should desist from their evil ways?is it till the ocean submerges the entire US and turns canada into an island on its own cut off from continental america?when would it be enough to make the U-turn?

I am not concluding that Sandy was punishment or not.I'm simply seeking the opinion of others especially the haters.

Holy Quran 46:22
"They said: Have you come to us to turn us away from our gods; then bring us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful ones".

Holy Quran 40:81-85
"And He shows you (always) His Signs: then which of the Signs of Allah will ye deny? Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were more numerous than these and superior in strength and in the traces (they have left) in the land: Yet all that they accomplished was of no profit to them. For when their apostles came to them with Clear Signs, they exulted in such knowledge (and skill) as they had; but that very (Wrath) at which they were wont to scoff hemmed them in. But when they saw Our Punishment, they said: "We believe in Allah,- the one Allah - and we reject the partners we used to join with Him." But their professing the Faith when they (actually) saw Our Punishment was not going to profit them. (Such has been) Allah.s Way of dealing with His Servants (from the most ancient times). And even thus did the Rejecters of Allah perish (utterly)"!
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
You are pathetic. People are faced with challeng you are here quoting Koran and supposing that it is a punishment from Allah. When people say Islam is inherently violent and wicked you say not true. Most of the anti Islamic sentiments are born out of such a mind set as yours
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by tpia1: 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
hurricanes happen every year.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mee234: You are pathetic. People are faced with challeng you are here quoting Koran and supposing that it is a punishment from allah. When people say Islam is inherently violent and wicked you say not true. Most of the anti Islamic sentiments are born out of such a mind set as yours

Shut up!
The fools saying Islam is inherently wicked should look towards their disgusting Bible that encourages genocidal attacks against innocent people, including unborn babies.

LagosShia:

LagosShia,
If the hurricane was a punishment for the anti-Islamic film, don't you think it would have happened in the parts of the United States where the film was produced or the parts where the producers live?

I mean Hurricane Sandy happened in Northeastern parts of the USA and the anti-Islamic film was produced in California; which is in the Western part of USA..............
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by maclatunji: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
fellis:

Shut up!
The fools saying Islam is inherently wicked should look towards their disgusting Bible that encourages genocidal attacks against innocent people, including unborn babies.

LagosShia,
If the hurricane was a punishment for the anti-Islamic film, don't you think it would have happened in the parts of the United States where the film was produced or the parts where the producers live?

I mean Hurricane Sandy happened in Northeastern parts of the USA and the anti-Islamic film was produced in California; which is in the Western part of USA..............

Madam, take it easy.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by LagosShia: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
fellis:
LagosShia,

Fellis,

I never said it is punishment.here is what I earlier said:

"I am not concluding that Sandy was punishment or not.I'm simply seeking the opinion of others especially the haters".

Now under the assumption it is punishment and to answer your question,I would say the hurricane hit the center of american supremacy which is new york,which is also closer to washington DC.also I think the pentagon is in that region.anyways I'm not saying it is punishment.I only created this thread to answer the rude haters of Islam,who question the power of God Almighty.they have said all sorts of nonsense that makes no sense.they have said "the muslim God" is "weak" and "useless" and bla bla.of course not like God Almighty we believe in is only for muslims and not like they can prove their words.but now that this incident took place,let them speculate from the other extreme and have fun in this thread.just may be their habit of talking nonsense can lead to waking up their senses in this thread.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by ParisLove2(f): 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
SMH4muslims.

*walks out on thread*
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
LagosShia:

Fellis,

I never said it is punishment.here is what I earlier said:

"I am not concluding that Sandy was punishment or not.I'm simply seeking the opinion of others especially the haters".

LagosShia, ( wink )

I understand that you were not declaring that it is certainly a punishment.
I get that.
I had to ask you the question because I didn't fathom why you were quoting Quranic verses that spoke about punishment.

Now under the assumption it is punishment and to answer your question,I would say the hurricane hit the center of american supremacy which is new york,which is also closer to washington DC.also I think the pentagon is in that region.
The Muslims in New York that suffered because of the hurricane were also being punished?
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by tintingz(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
I feel for the new yorkers cry ......buh to answer the christians about Allah fighting for himself, he has shown his sign that no joking with ISLAM.....buh i thought hurricane sandy is visiting Lagos
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by LagosShia: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
fellis:

LagosShia, ( wink )

I understand that you were not declaring that it is certainly a punishment.
I get that.
I had to ask you the question because I didn't fathom why you were quoting Quranic verses that spoke about punishment.

The Muslims in New York that suffered because of the hurricane were also being punished?

I don't know if muslims died or "suffered".but even at that,death really comes when God decrees it for the human being.at least as muslims that's what we believe.a soul only tastes death when God wants that to happen.so assuming muslims died,then like non-muslims that's the time God have decided for them.if God decide you will die,in whatever way,even if you're sleeping on your bed,you will still die!what is of significance in such situation is not really death or even suffering people undergo which can be punishment or test/trial/circumstances that God will reward the believers for.it is rather the impact on those living.how many billions got destroyed/lost? And how many more billions will the american economy have to gush out to amend the damages?

Again I must emphasize that we are only speculating here and "free talking".we have not drawn any conclusion.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by LagosShia: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Paris-Love:
SMH4muslims.

*walks out on thread*

I'm very glad to see you speechless! grin
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2012
@lagosshia
Okay.
Whatever you say.

I really don't wish to prolong this issue.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Paris-Love:
SMH4muslims.

*walks out on thread*

I didn't even see this post before. angry
Mtschew.
If you like shake your head, you better shake your head for your fellow confused Christians instead of Muslims.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by brentkruge: 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
LagosShia and co

Y'all should tell me for what is Iran being purnished?

- 300 dead and 1,500 injured in August 2012 earthquake?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/12/us-iran-earthquake-idUSBRE87A08N20120812

- 26,000 dead and 30,000 injured in the City of Bam Southeastern Iran in December 26, 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Bam_earthquake

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3348613.stm

- 1990 Manjil-Rudbar earthquake Northwest Iran - 100,000 houses sustained major damage or collapsed, 40,000 dead, and 60,000 injured. 500,000 people homeless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Manjil-Rudbar_earthquake

http://bssa.geoscienceworld.org/content/82/4/1726.abstract

Chei, Iranians must be doing some real bad things for these punishing earthquakes. shocked shocked
Was it worse than what the Americans did? undecided undecided
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by LagosShia: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
brentkruge: LagosShia and co

Y'all should tell me for what is Iran being purnished?

- 300 dead and 1,500 injured in August 2012 earthquake?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/12/us-iran-earthquake-idUSBRE87A08N20120812

- 26,000 dead and 30,000 injured in the City of Bam Southeastern Iran in December 26, 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Bam_earthquake

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3348613.stm

- 1990 Manjil-Rudbar earthquake Northwest Iran - 100,000 houses sustained major damage or collapsed, 40,000 dead, and 60,000 injured. 500,000 people homeless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Manjil-Rudbar_earthquake

http://bssa.geoscienceworld.org/content/82/4/1726.abstract

Chei, Iranians must be doing some real bad things for these punishing earthquakes. shocked shocked
Was it worse than what the Americans did? undecided undecided

This is no competition.we have stated we don't know for sure what reason is behind the hurricane.it could be punishment,test/trial,environmental factors,etc.but we are simply asking the haters who wanted Allah (swt) to reveal His wrath to take note.

But to demonstrate to you that muslims are not hypocrites,I will present to you the opinion of a cleric (even though a hardliner) explaining natural disasters.you can also add the tsunami in south east asia which affected muslim countries.it is not like if muslims do bad,God won't judge them.Islam is clear for all to see and God will judge us all.

Iranian cleric: Promiscuity, sin cause earthquakes but God may be holding his fire

Ali Akbar Dareini, The Associated Press  May 14, 2010 09:06:27 AM

TEHRAN, Iran - A prominent hard-line Iranian cleric who said promiscuity and immodest dress cause earthquakes says God may be holding off on natural disasters in the West in order to let people sin more and consign themselves to hell.

Kazem Sedighi sparked widespread derision with his pronouncements in a prayer sermon last month linking earthquakes with women's dress. In a new sermon Friday, he has defended and elaborated on his claim.

Sedighi notes that some might ask why there aren't more earthquakes and storms striking Western nations that are "up to their necks" in immorality.

He says the answer is that God allows some of those who "provoke His wrath" to continue sinning "so that they (eventually) go to the bottom of Hell."

http://www.news1130.com/news/world/article/55019--iranian-cleric-promiscuity-sin-cause-earthquakes-but-god-may-be-holding-his-fire
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by brentkruge: 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
LagosShia:

This is no competition.we have stated we don't know for sure what reason is behind the hurricane.it could be punishment,test/trial,environmental factors,etc.but we are simply asking the haters who wanted Allah (swt) to reveal His wrath to take note.

But to demonstrate to you that muslims are not hypocrites,I will present to you the opinion of a cleric (even though a hardliner) explaining natural disasters.you can also add the tsunami in south east asia which affected muslim countries.it is not like if muslims do bad,God won't judge them.Islam is clear for all to see and God will judge us all.

That of Iran could be purnishment ya know. For being a kafirs?

Iranian cleric: Promiscuity, sin cause earthquakes but God may be holding his fire

Ali Akbar Dareini, The Associated Press  May 14, 2010 09:06:27 AM

TEHRAN, Iran - A prominent hard-line Iranian cleric who said promiscuity and immodest dress cause earthquakes says God may be holding off on natural disasters in the West in order to let people sin more and consign themselves to hell.

Kazem Sedighi sparked widespread derision with his pronouncements in a prayer sermon last month linking earthquakes with women's dress. In a new sermon Friday, he has defended and elaborated on his claim.

Sedighi notes that some might ask why there aren't more earthquakes and storms striking Western nations that are "up to their necks" in immorality.

He says the answer is that God allows some of those who "provoke His wrath" to continue sinning "so that they (eventually) go to the bottom of Hell."

http://www.news1130.com/news/world/article/55019--iranian-cleric-promiscuity-sin-cause-earthquakes-but-god-may-be-holding-his-fire

Lame excuse! Are they not in hell already by sinning in the first place? Some will stay at the "surface" of hell? Before then earthquake crushes them to death first! shocked grin

Please be rational for once grin
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by ParisLove2(f): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
LagosShia:

I'm very glad to see you speechless! grin
Look at this Shia kafir. Wonders shall never end
fellis:

I didn't even see this post before. angry
Mtschew.
If you like shake your head, you better shake your head for your fellow confused Christians instead of Muslims.
Lol talking about confusion it's you and your fellow muslims that are confused whether H.sandy is the hand work of Allah or not. Just like your confused about everything in islam. Muslimah's own is worse, they're confused and 'deficient in intelligence and the result = majority of them in hell.

Still SMH4muslims
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 06, 2012
Paris-Love:
Look at this Shia kafir. Wonders shall never end

Lol talking about confusion it's you and your fellow muslims that are confused whether H.sandy is the hand work of Allah or not. Just like your confused about everything in islam. Muslimah's own is worse, they're confused and 'deficient in intelligence and the result = majority of them in hell.

Still SMH4muslims

@bold,
Continue shaking your head until it falls off. Shake it very well, you hear?

And by the way you can keep quoting Hadiths wrongly and out of context to support your useless points.
Obviously, all these years of reading your self contradictory and dishonest Bible has made you a dishonest person as well.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 06, 2012
[quote author=fellis]

Shut up!
Something is making this fine girl angry. Sorry ooo. But if you people see every problem face by non muslems as punishment from Allah, don't you think such a mind set is coming from some wicked thing or teaching? Why don't you just admit you need help from hatred that have been planted in you from birth. Like Paris, I shake my head for you.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 06, 2012
^What part of the thread did we say that we saw every problem faced by non-Muslims as a punishment?
You must have some serious comprehension problems.
And continue shaking your head like parislove.
Madam copycat.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by ParisLove2(f): 7:53am On Nov 06, 2012
fellis:

@bold,
Continue shaking your head until it falls off. Shake it very well, you hear?
You wouldn't want that to happen sweet, i know you're not wicked cheesy

And by the way you can keep quoting Hadiths wrongly and out of context to support your useless points.
Obviously, all these years of reading your self contradictory and dishonest Bible has made you a dishonest person as well.
Q
Wow, Wow, Wow grin grin am i not impressed? Who said Muslimahs are not intelligent? grin I love proving that man wrong. See this one is learning fast from his muslim brothers coming up with silly and lame of excuses of quoting hadiths out of context or wrong ones though that's premature as i haven't quoted anything still and obviously taking a cheap shot at the bible when cornered. grin

Anyway i don't wanna derail this thread, just carry on with whatever thing you muslims are doing here albeit how pathetic it is.

Have a nice day cheesy
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 06, 2012
I didn't intend to go off topic but you people have a way of annoying a reaction out of others with your hypocrisy.

WI love proving that man wrong. See this one is learning fast from his muslim brothers coming up with silly and lame of excuses of quoting hadiths out of context or wrong ones though that's premature as i haven't quoted anything

You didn't have to quote anything, from the way you made that statement, it was clear that you were trying to base it on an Hadith you read before. It was easy to see. You did not have to quote anything.

still and obviously taking a cheap shot at the bible when cornered.

Lol, cheap shot?

It was not a cheap shot, your Blble is actually self-contradictory and dishonest and you know it.

Anyway i don't wanna derail this thread, just carry on with whatever thing you muslims are doing here albeit how pathetic it is.

Have a nice day

Yes, get lost.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by ParisLove2(f): 8:47am On Nov 06, 2012
Hmm, that inferiority complex of not been intelligent still lingers on. Maybe Prophet(SAW, God forgive he's soul if He wills) was right after all.
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2012
You said this;
Paris-Love:

Anyway i don't wanna derail this thread,

So what are you still posting in this thread for?

Or did my last post provoke you into going against your words? grin
Re: Is Hurricane Sandy Divine Punishment On America For The Anti-Islam Film? by maclatunji: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2012
Fellis and Paris-love: what do we have here? Some sort of rivalry? Ladies cool down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Be A Muslim Only In Ramadan / Is Allah Everywhere??? / Suratul Iklas The True Virtue Of God - Against The Biblical God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.