Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,079 members, 7,949,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

What Is Mtn Upgrading To? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Mtn Upgrading To? (12362 Views)

Upgrading To A Tecno Phone To An Android Lollipop / Is Mtn Bis Capped Or........??? / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by rman: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2012
Super1759: are you mtn Nigeria's general manager?

GM ? No, I am just a guy interested in what is happening in the industry. smiley
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by ceejayluv(m): 5:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
aryzgreat: MTN is swapping their equipment from ericsson to Huawei, the exercise is bound to cause disruption in transmission.

The same Hauwei and ZTE that the US govt were advised to avoid because of involvement of Chinese espionage?

www.m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19867399
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
More Telecommunication Nonsense
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Nurry: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
What I still don't understand is the fact that MTN has deteriorated and some pple still stick to the network when there are other choices.
MTN jazz u ni? Switch over abeg
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Aaronrod: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2012
Whatever.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by israel007: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
upgrading to NONSENSE
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by bintabybe(f): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Donalð Genes: .
Ɣ☺ΰ sure are a funny being.cheesy are u saying he cannot afford an android?
Taaaaaaaaaaah taaaaaaah wch android
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Harpesin(m): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
U mean EMPTY N.....they hav nothin to offer again
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by bintabybe(f): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Well as it is, they are Moving on To Nothing (MTN) they are just parabulating. It is only in 9ja here that everytin iz upside down. When MTN gives u 1, be ready to sacrifice 2. Upgrades are necessary buh customers ought to be informed. Gosh....they shld begin the upgrade frm Customer relationship aspect.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by TableLeg(m): 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2012
To hell with MTN ... Rot in the deepest portion of hell fire ... Stupid network provider!!!!
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by djeezy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mtn sucks.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by glimpse(f): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
okpara ugo: Has anyone won the aeroplane MTN promised giving to a lucky subscriber

Dat one nah my target, especially the cash option.

u fell 4 dat nonsense? Oya kip waitin o.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by rman: 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
ceejayluv:

The same Hauwei and ZTE that the US govt were advised to avoid because of involvement of Chinese espionage?

www.m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19867399

Why wont the US governmnt use propaganda?
Huawei from nowhere took a large chunk of telecoms equipme supply globaly and gave ERICSON,ALCTEL AND SIEMENS a good run for their money.

All operators in Nigeria are using chinese equipments, only the core node are left with ericsson. GLO is also deploying ZTE and swapping out Alcatel on their access nodes.

Everyone is looking for a way to deliver a quality network at low CAPEX that also require little OPEX. Not a mean feat for operators in Nigeria where the catch and retention of most subscribers is offering them freebies.

1 Like

Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by glimpse(f): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Raxxye: Do u mean “EMPTY N“, where N= Network?

nope, empty-hen.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Frostyzone(m): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
So MTN still dey Naija, heh?
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by cronsberg: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Why can't these ph.ucking telecom companies invest in landline system so we can get cheap, reliable, dedicated, phone and internet services. It might seem odd, but trust me, landlines are the future.

https://www.nairaland.com/1089906/when-see-revival-landline
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by a1solution: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Frostyzone: So MTN still dey Naija, heh?
them full ground.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by mu2sa2: 7:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
many people hav tied themselves to mtn as if they own shares in it. mtn is always coming up with one gimmick or another, but when sim portability is introduced (in December?) many nigerians will surely abandon the useless network while keeping their mtn number.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Djcn: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
zte and huawei both offer to swap their cabinets for mtn.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by rman: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
mu2sa2: many people hav tied themselves to mtn as if they own shares in it. mtn is always coming up with one gimmick or another, but when sim portability is introduced (in December?) many nigerians will surely abandon the useless network while keeping their mtn number.

Are you so sure about this?

If free sims and 100naira sims did not make people leave, what make you think number portability will?

The power to choose is already in thier hands, they just made a choice to stay
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Xano(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
rman: MTN is doing a complete overhaul of thier network.

Due to the increased demand for broadband from mobile users, access nodes that support bursty traffic are being deployed. Eg if you are chatting and during same chat u need to send a video, your demand for capacity suddenly increases, which the current network hardly supports.
When the modernization project is over, more sites and cities will be on 3G, almost all states capital will have a fibre metro, and both TDM and IP network will be made available. Also, the network will be LTE ready.

Almost all the network have HSDPA but what makes Etisalat the best is theirs is IP network which delivers flexible capacity as required.

They are doing all this on a live network with millions of subscribers so there will be issues.

It is a task that must be done based on what future mobile telecoms network will be delivering.

Yes, they have issues now but if they get it right, subscribers will sing a different song.

I hope some of my giberish makes sense.

Alright.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by TableLeg(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
okpara ugo: Has anyone won the aeroplane MTN promised giving to a lucky subscriber

Dat one nah my target, especially the cash option.

You are a bit dumb to think an aeroplane was actually there to be won! undecided
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by aryzgreat: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
MTN is swapping frm ericsson to Huawei/ZTE, Etisalat recently signed an MOU with Huawei to swap their alcatel equipments to Huawei, same wif Glo.

Now comparing rugged equipments like Alcatel, Ericsson and Siemens with Huawei and ZTE is like comparing BMW and hyundai. Y most telecom companies are going for the chinese equipments ic bc of their relatively cheaper cost and after sale "free maintenance" for some years which the chinese telecom vendors have used to woo and take over the market, but their standard is not up to the old vendors.

1 Like

Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Xano(m): 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
MTN do disappoint with their network services. Airtel, though i'm not a staff, do provide high speed broadband internet connection. GLO as of recent disappoint.

1 Like

Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Mavor: 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
mtn is corrupt
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2012
My operamini is not connecting again for long, am using nokia e6 and this is making me to consider getting nexus 4 next year and going to a different network. Which network is the best for internet services currently cos I don't like UCweb
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by meltech(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
slimming:

supported

Supported....
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by ConcernMan: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2012
surugede:

I am in the industry. Believe you me, what MTN is doing is equipment Swap and not Network Modernization. They are Swapping Ericsson Equipment for Huawei and ZTE [both Chinese coys]and I can authoritatively tell you that these equipment are not in any way IP TX equipment. As a matter of fact, after the swap [modernization, so called] is Asaba, Delta state, a Huawei region, the Network KPI got worse than before, so also was it in PH region. The simple truth is that for the interest of some people Ericsson is swapped out for Huawei. Believe you me, money exchanged hands for this to take place. If you expecting the MTN network to get better after now, I am sorry to tell you, you will be disappointed.

This your submission is very mischievous and deceiving. Asaba has been my second home, it is a place I visit most often. To my greatest surprise I travelled to the town last week only to discover that the internet service has improved tremendously. I now have a full 3G service on my bb as against the EDGE that was obtainable in the past. Nairalanders that stay in Asaba please confirm whether this true or false. I think this guy is a staff of Etisalat who is out there to commit mischief.
meltech:

Supported....
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by RedLight1: 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
rman:

Are you so sure about this?

If free sims and 100naira sims did not make people leave, what make you think number portability will?

The power to choose is already in thier hands, they just made a choice to stay
number portability will definitely do sum magic.. Almost all networks sells their sims at 100 or little higher.. Buh people like me have being willing to throw my sim inside nearest toilet buh couldnt simply becoz have being using d stupiid stingy bad mtn network since 2005 and i dnt know how to change it.. Trust me if number portability starts 2mao, i will be the first to change.. Have had enough of mtn wahala
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by dodua(f): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
mascot87: They are upgrading to services aimed at milking their customers
thiefery in broad daylight thats MTN's M.O.
Re: What Is Mtn Upgrading To? by supereagle(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nurry: What I still don't understand is the fact that MTN has deteriorated and some pple still stick to the network when there are other choices.
MTN jazz u ni? Switch over abeg
I still love their hourly data plan that is why I still stick to them. They can't jazz me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lg Set To Launch The Lg V40 Thinq To Rival The Samsung Galaxy S9/s9 Plus. / MTN BIS IS NOW A OPEN SOURCE,,.HOW? / Blackberry IMEI Generator Android App Developed By Codeberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.