Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,435 members, 7,881,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu (7672 Views)

My removal will make Jonathan vulnerable –Tukur / Amaechi: Why Presidency Wants My Removal As NGF Chairman / I Heard About My Removal On TV – Farida Waziri (EFCC Boss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Sunday said he was removed from office in order to destroy the anti-graft agency.

He said his removal came a few days after operatives of the EFCC arrested and charged an ex-Delta State Governor, Chief James Ibori, to court for corruption.

Ribadu, who spoke on Frontline, a current affairs programme on the African Independent Television, which was monitored by our correspondent, said he pitied the current leadership of the commission.

Ribadu said, “When I was removed from the EFCC, they brought people with the intention to destroy the work of the EFCC.

“It is easy to destroy than to build. I pity the people who are in EFCC today because they are coming after the people who destroyed it.

“When you fight corruption, it will fight back. We saw that corruption fought back at the end of 2007 in Nigeria when corruption took over, when the leadership of Nigeria embraced corruption and they were ready to fight those who were fighting corruption and replaced those who were fighting corruption with corrupt people to turn things upside down.

“Nigerians must remember that it was (Michael) Aondoakaa who was the Attorney-General of the Federation as at that time. I don't need to say anything in addition.”

He said the commission under Waziri was able to do this for three years with the connivance of Aondoakaa and people like Ibori.

Ribadu said, “They did that for three years. They reversed everything that was good. The first thing they did was to withdraw the prosecutorial powers of the EFCC.

“With the Aondoakaas of this world and the Iboris, they were happy they took over. They took over the cases we had and destroyed them.
“I don't want to be repeating these things. These are very sad developments, very unfortunate in the history of our country.”

He said it was unfortunate that the then Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, nominated him for a course at the Nigeria Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies when he took Ibori to court.

He said the $15m with which the former governor tried to bribe him remained with the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“That money remains with the CBN up till now. Suddenly, five days after I charged him (Ibori) to court, I was asked to go to NIPSS, Kuru. It was Okiro who did that. Of course, he did not do that alone,” Ribadu added.

Before his removal from the commission, Ribadu said there were two attempts aimed at eliminating him, adding that scars of bullets fired at him were still on his car till today.

He said, “I was removed from the EFCC; they attempted to kill me twice. I still have bullets holes stain on my car.

“There was no place for me to stay then. They tried to get anything that could be used to nail me. They investigated me in and out, but they could not get anything wrong that I did to charge me. It took them one year to look at everything they could imagine but they could not charge me.”

He said because of the attempt on his life and his ordeal in the Nigeria Police Force, he decided to go abroad, having been offered jobs by two agencies.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-removal-was-to-destroy-efcc-ribadu/

2 Likes

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by GCRS87: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Since Ribadu was removed frm d EFCC, corruption has taken ova efcc frm d staff to the affected corrupt persons.

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by floriana(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
Oga Lastma Abeg I miss my way here. I dey try go Nairaland food section. My mama send me to go find out current prices of foodstuffs. Abeg show me way to food section....

5 Likes

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by uchechuwku: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
3rd again

@topic....EFCC was useless after Ribadu left

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by megxo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
uchechuwku: 3rd again
so na ur work be dis now>>smh4u

3 Likes

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
floriana: Oga Lastma Abeg I miss my way here. I dey try go Nairaland food section. My mama send me to go find out current prices of foodstuffs. Abeg show me way to food section....
Lmao...

RIBADU.. better to keep quiet... do not distract us from your wonderful report, pls.. Our country can't afford another Farouk Lawan saga..
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
Garri price don increase, now the new one for NL na to dey drag position for front page abi.. May the Lord bless your hustle..

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Callotti: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
This man can talk sha! Kei!!!! angry

Do your dammmmmn job and stop making noise!!!
You will soon find your arzzzz in London driving taxi or in Afghanistan being bombed from hotel room to hotel room.
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by TableLeg(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Oh ok .... We have heard!
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by ideylaff: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Nor be the same paryy wey remove you , u go join to do Oil Probe... sometimes as much as I have respect 4 mallam.

E too dey talk and he gives the enemy time to tidy up, but announcing his plans ahead of action

If you wan do sometin, keep am 4 pocket and spring a surprise but when u start talking like ds a few days after u submit your Oil probe report

all that will follow will be noise noise and noise...

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by uchechuwku: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Garri price don increase, now the new one for NL na to dey drag position for front page abi.. May the Lord bless your hustle..

Amen sir..e no easy ooo

Third position.....I'll do beta next time
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Kslib(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2012

Hahaha!! Na crase dey worry you..
@topic.. Signs of end times.. Make we see who crase pass..
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ribadu is different from all these ACN agboro and touts.
i love that man so much.

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by chucky234(m): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2012
floriana: Oga Lastma Abeg I miss my way here. I dey try go Nairaland food section. My mama send me to go find out current prices of foodstuffs. Abeg show me way to food section....
Go straight then turn go left,if you reach that junction stop then check your right opposite that tall building wey dem write Entertainment section you go see Food section.
No loss the money wey your mama give you oooo,good boy.
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by highlandre(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
If we really must move forward as a Nation, people like Ribadu must, and i mean must be deployed to manage/head anti corruption agencies of government. The system as it is today is unprecedentedly enmeshed in deep corruption
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
Its like Ribadu misses EFCC, You had your time and kept pursuing more of yahoo boyz cases instead of big theives like IBB, Abdulsalam, Lucky Igbinedion & Co, You tried sha, but lets not forget that OBJ actually used you for political witch-hunting in the case of Mike Adenuga and the other Atiku Surrogates, so those people came after you as soon as OH-BEE-JAY left Aso rock.
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by 2pence(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
Who is "THEM"? that Mallam kept on refering in this thread; Same CABALS ? You worked for them,did politics with them,was in the same PDP with them,still them who saw your usefulness and when your usefulness became wasteful to "THEM"

Them showed you way to the door and almost got you jailed embrassingly; Who is this "THEM" ? Are these men unnameable ?

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by IbroSaunks(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
Callotti: This man can talk sha! Kei!!!! angry

You will soon find your arzzzz in London driving taxi or in Afghanistan being bombed from hotel room to hotel room.
Are you the proprietor of his mouth?
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
musKeeto:
Lmao...

RIBADU.. better to keep quiet... do not distract us from your wonderful report, pls.. Our country can't afford another Farouk Lawan saga..

All corruption cases will definitely Go the way Farouk lawal case went.

No iota of transparency in this government.
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Callotti: This man can talk sha! Kei!!!! angry

He has done what is expected of him.

Its time for presidency to cover and shield member of the cabal and that will require another committee.

1 Like

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by addey(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2012

It's like you are too young to be on this forum
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by mshd5: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Oh God
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by slimming: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
If you can't be there forever. Look ahead for another appointment.
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by vicholas(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ribadu is the best chairman of Efcc
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by thelastPope(m): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2012
And someone was praising Yaradua and suggesting he is Nigeria's most democratic leader. Smh. A president whose biggest pal was Ibori and under his watch, Ibori was ruling Nigeria with the aid of Aandoakaa. It was a very big mess we went through that period. All the little gains OBJ made were almost completely reversed. The power stations were abandoned. EFCC was destroyed. The economy was at a standstil and Nigeria started borrowing money like there was no tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by ABUGEORGE(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2012
There are some element of truth in dat ribadu speech. For sometimes now i've been trying to watch dat man both in his office conversation and interview, dis ribadu wants d better of nigeria but i pray he shouldn't behave like farouk. I luv dis two gentle men but farouk disappoint me. Ribadu is really giving alot of trouble in d house for nigerians to see dat his hands are clean if only u nigerians who claims to be current in nigeria issues becos he himself is really feeling d pains of nigeria. Thank u am not supportin anyone but on my own view becos everyone has his own view
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by killuminati(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
uchechuwku:

Amen sir..e no easy ooo

Third position.....I'll do beta next time
Mr Odechukwu, shey you be president Retardino brother? Cos una get the same surname.

@topic, Oga Ribadu, your head dey there joor, dem no fit kill you until ur time reach 'fore you die. Keep exposing their foul as$es!

Haters gone hate anyways!
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2012
comoooon shuut up! is EFCC your fathers property ? or you are the only one who sabi figth corruption for Nigeria ? No be thesame you wey say you sold your cows at your village to pay for the 150 million naira mansion for Abuja when government dey auction house ehn? and na thesame you wey talk say Bode George is not corrupt and you personally investigated his case!.....Stupiiiiiid Nonsens Aboki Ribadu! shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by yohannazack(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Obj was the president we ever had who acutally love nigeria. Ribadu said on d chat dat, pepo kip sayin dat he was workin fo obj, but nobody has pointed at wat he actually did to protect obj, which is true. Obj brot young and intelegent nigerians, eg, malam nuhu ribadu, okonjo, el rufa'i, soludo, obi, madam due process, dora akunyile. It was it a vibrant govt, unlike wat we hav today. I can remember very well, if efcc was to visit any state, bot d govono and d entire govt officials must run out of d state. Den, people were careful d way dey embezzle. I beliv strongly dat, if it were obj, otedola/farouk wuld hav been shown way out, but reverse is d case in dis govt, look at wat sanusi & co are doin today. Otedola is stil a member of presidential economic team. Rite now, corruption is legalised in dis country. Efcc is dead, an assignment perfectly done by mike aondokaa wit his tiv sister farida. Dat was d gretst mistake yar'adua made by bringin a criminal mike who brot criminal sist like him, together wit a few persons, put us in dis mess, and rite now, it seems no head way. God wil help us.

2 Likes

Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by killuminati(m): 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mcdugull: comoooon shuut up! is EFCC your fathers property ? or you are the only one who sabi figth corruption for Nigeria ? No be thesame you wey say you sold your cows at your village to pay for the 150 million naira mansion for Abuja when government dey auction house ehn? and na thesame you wey talk say Bode George is not corrupt and you personally investigated his case!.....Stupiiiiiid Nonsens Aboki Ribadu! shocked shocked shocked
shut up you there! Who are you sef?

How old are you!?

Stewpid bastard Igbo goat sh*t!
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
killuminati: shut up you there! Who are you sef?

How old are you!?

Stewpid bastard Igbo goat sh*t!

I no blame you cos your father na Ribadus girlfriend!!! grin grin grin
Re: My Removal Was To Destroy EFCC - Ribadu by Teejayphillip(m): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
may God help us.. Tired of hearing dis same stories evry now n den.... Waz d way 4ward is d koko

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibadan City Center Vs Aba City Center / What Will Be Tinubu Reaction After Reading This Headline - Photo / This Woman Is 80 Today While Tinubu Is Still 69, No Be Juju Be That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.