Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,099 members, 7,933,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:11 AM

How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? (8383 Views)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Ebyden: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
solemate: Most of them are pure lies
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Truckpusher(m): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
ACNBB: ....We all don’t have crystal balls to see into our future, so we generally work by faith and instinct. With that said, how has prophecies from pastors or prayer warriors affected your life in the past?

I personally believe that once we hear from someone, our thoughts and actions are somewhat skewed either in a positive or negative way because there is so much power in words. And if you haven't encountered any....please do not pay attention! Just pray and ask God for directions.

So do you believe in prophecies about life issues (e.g. career, marriage and so on), how do these pastors have the power to see into the future to determine what is right or wrong for someone? Sometimes when my mind is godly (state we all long to be), I pray and ask God to show me things in dreams and he does. But dang! I feel there are so many prophecies going around these days! (Well, when you decide to pay attention).

I have friends who go through lives moments with prophecies from different pastors and it’s quite disheartening. In my opinion, it’s almost same as visiting a psychic to predict what next (which I feel is evil). I may be totally wrong with my outlook on prophecies but what’s your take on it?
I don't need prophecy anymore
I don't need any pastor's or imam's prayer anymore
I don't need anybody to pray for me at all and you know why

IT'S ENOUGH THAT JESUS DIED AND ROSE AGAIN FOR ME,so tell me why i need someone else to prophecy for me?

2 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Ebyden: 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
prophecy can be positive smtyms nd can also give high blood pressure smtyms.am a living witness.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by EmmyDe25(m): 6:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Maybe doz u'v bin mitin...
I'v neva bin a fan of tinz lyk ds, buh i must say, 3 dif tinz dat sum certain pastors predictd abt my lyf came to pass, since den i'v so much respected prophecies.
Lest i 4gt, i rmmba a cousin broda who was told not to marry a particular lady cos acordin 2d pastor she wl be usd as a cankerworm to suck ds broda's wealth to bone... Ds broda failed to listen nd hs lyf 2dae is nw a spoof of hs previous seemingly promisin career.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by charliekay: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
Emmyde wot if d pastor kwns d girls lif wela..abeg wait joor al dere own advantage...pals na dere business u na dey spoil
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2012
A prophecy came τ̅☺ pass this year about my academic life, sorry i can't deny the goodness of the Lord.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Mckybarf(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
ACNBB: ....We all don’t have crystal balls to see into our future, so we generally work by faith and instinct. With that said, how has prophecies from pastors or prayer warriors affected your life in the past?

I personally believe that once we hear from someone, our thoughts and actions are somewhat skewed either in a positive or negative way because there is so much power in words. And if you haven't encountered any....please do not pay attention! Just pray and ask God for directions.

So do you believe in prophecies about life issues (e.g. career, marriage and so on), how do these pastors have the power to see into the future to determine what is right or wrong for someone? Sometimes when my mind is godly (state we all long to be), I pray and ask God to show me things in dreams and he does. But dang! I feel there are so many prophecies going around these days! (Well, when you decide to pay attention).

I have friends who go through lives moments with prophecies from different pastors and it’s quite disheartening. In my opinion, it’s almost same as visiting a psychic to predict what next (which I feel is evil). I may be totally wrong with my outlook on prophecies but what’s your take on it?
for someone like me, and judging from my background and what i've been through in life, prophesies have strengthened my will to live and my resolve of a sure success because all the prophesies i have recieved so far have only confirmed what i have always believed.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by SELFWORTH: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
brodalikeme: Biblical prophesies has had alot of positive effect on my life. Though I don't accept things just becos there from 'a bible carrying man'. It is always best to weigh the prophesy against the Word of God in the bible, then secondly check under what authority the prophet is even speaking- his or God

This is all there is to be said. The lesson here is that God is the ultimate prophet. No one else can compare.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by bezimo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
In as much that there are fake people who claim to be of God who prophesy falsehood, all over town.There are also genuine servants of God, who prophesy or speak words in to your life which eventually comes to pass.I have been priviledge to encounter some of them, and the prophetic words spoken into my life has come to pass even before my very eyes.i believe strongly in prophetic words, because they are pace setters for the miraculous.I have many testimonies regarding this, how God has comfirmed the word of his servant in my life.Gods word said "despise not prophesying".
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Frostyzone(m): 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
People have always wanted something to believe in. Unfortunately, they felt they would be lost without some common belief to hold on to.
Hence the creation of the Chinese mythology of Buddha, Islamic mythology of Mohammad, Christianity mythology of Jesus, Greek mythology of Zeus, Vikings mythology of Odin,etc.
So it is of little wonder that Imams and Pastors are gradually misleading their willing and gullible followers to the greatest myth of all;Prophesy.
An Imam will tell his followers to fulfill a Quran prophesy by killing their infidel neighbours.
A Pastor will tell his gullible followers to pay their tithes(To him) so that all his prophesies of their sad little gullible lives will come to past.
This is not a deliberate swipe at religion on my part, but plain logic and fact...and maybe a little cynicism.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by olumaxi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
pDude: Some years ago after NYSC, I started job hunting. My pastor was a big boy in one of the international banks which has its branches in Nigeria.

One Sunday, he was prophesying that he sees many cars being parked outside. Me sef dey scatter 'amen' like mad man. Oh boy, if una see suffer wey my eye see after that time, una go fear.

I wonder till today how my own car never materialized to the parking lot outside the church.

Prophesy my anus angry
cant stop lafin walai
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by olumaxi(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
dis profecy tin tire me o..av heard so many gud tinz(same) 4rm diferent pastors wch havnt came to pas
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2012
Mehn... Go husle 4 ur future o, no dy dpnd or wait 4 prophesy. If a prophet prohpesies, d prophesied knws if its tru or nt. Prophesy is mostly d confirmation of wat u r aware already
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by obisage(m): 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
being a Jehovah's Witness is the best thing that has ever hapoened to me.... being a Witness will open ur eyes to all this fakes prophets everywhere and also draw u close to God...

Sometimes i pity anybody who is not a witness....
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by expensive007(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
ajasa4link: I grew up in a church where we strictly adhere to prophecies and we are also told stories of how people disregard prophecies and get punished for it. Despite all this,when i was of age and started reading a lot of books both theist and atheist books,i began to have some doubts when i receive some prophecies and i try as much to distinguish between the truth and made-up prophecies. But last semester,when i was in school, my fellowship president read out a prophecy that someone within the fellowship has committed a murder i.e an abortion has been carried out and the lord has been been greatly vexed. We were all told to close our eyes and the pastor asked whoever d person is to come out... To my surprise,a girl cried out where she was,and i was marvelled that what she did in secrecy was revealed by d spirit of God to the pastor... Since then,i've then cast away all doubts and i have great respect for prophecies that are not laden with falsity
hmmmmmm!
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Frostyzone(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
[/b]
obisage: being a Jehovah's Witness is the best thing that has ever hapoened to me.... being a Witness will open ur eyes to all this fakes prophets everywhere and also draw u close to God...

Sometimes i pity anybody who is not a witness....

Dude, you are even more deluded than those Islamic extremist!

2 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Godysien(m): 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
Prophecies are mere spiritual illusions and deceptions. Infact they had ruined and dashed many lives, families, careers, hopes etc in the sense that none of the so-called prophecies had ever come to pass around and within my confine even at a point of putting 100% faith and energy to make them work. Even as i'm writing this now, i'm building an antidote not to bliv one whether it is real or fake. Sumbudy shout hallelujah!
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by callash: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
i was @ a friend's place to design some of my outfit when his pastor came to bless the place and being a very friendly and sometimes restless guy,the pastor got to me after blessing everyone..he said,dont abort the pregnancy ur girl is carrying..God is going to give U 4 kids and if U abort 1,U have killed one of the four..I just laugh say is this man crazy,where is this pregnancy from cos i dont really have sex,I masturbate more and my so called girlfriend is FARAWAY IN AMERICA..SMH
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by obisage(m): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
All u need is to get closer to a real witness and get what they really preach... we are always misqouted and ppl believe different things about us...
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by philipstanley(m): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2012
PROPHECY IS NT JUST PREDICTING FUTURE EVENTS BUT ALSO PREACHING, TEACHING THE WORD WITH POWER---TB JOSHUA
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by deleo16(m): 12:32am On Nov 06, 2012
the prophesy issue in this time and generation reminds me of
2 chronicles 18 vs 1-34
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by shadrach77: 1:50am On Nov 06, 2012
while we are at this, if you know of any decent, honest prophet do drop his/her number here
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ijigbamigb(m): 5:20am On Nov 06, 2012
I BELIEVE in Prophecies.
As much as they have worked for me in the past. I only believe one source and that's my mother. I think aside the fact that some commercialized pastors guess prophecies, some people are just naturally talented. My mother's not a pastor nor a prophet but she prays and sees a lot of vision (just for her kids and family). She predicted the month I will get my first car, she predicted the one am using now, she predicted the kind of job I will get, she made predictions about my exams in the UNI.

She also predicted that I may become an atheist which I have tried so hard not to become. She predicted that I should never believe negative predictions.

My partner too is a Dreamer. She dreams and within 24 hours it happens. On more than 50 occasions in the past. So I think it's a God-given talent and you don't have to be a pastor or prophet to see visions and make predictions.

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by olivegirl(f): 5:25am On Nov 06, 2012
Children prophecies 4 me. Each 2ime daa 2alk, I know wha2 daa are 2elling me. Or dreams
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ijigbamigb(m): 5:32am On Nov 06, 2012
To add to what I typed above.
She went out of her way once to predict a negative occurrence to my friend in 2006. He came to our house then on sunday to get some materials from me as he was due to return to school the following monday. On that sunday immediately he greeted my mom, she called me and told me she really needs ny friend to believe what she wants to say. She begged him not to return to school on monday but to wait till the next weekend which he refused. After so an argument, we all agreed that I and my friend should return on thursday together. Wednesday morning, he got a call from his hostel that an hostel mate (a lady he normally gives his room's spare key just in case she needs anything from his room) died inside his room. The lady slept there and didn't wake up.

Now imagine where my friend would be today if that lady had died right beside HIM. LIFE!
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by boron10(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2012
ajasa4link: I grew up in a church where we strictly adhere to prophecies and we are also told stories of how people disregard prophecies and get punished for it. Despite all this,when i was of age and started reading a lot of books both theist and atheist books,i began to have some doubts when i receive some prophecies and i try as much to distinguish between the truth and made-up prophecies. But last semester,when i was in school, my fellowship president read out a prophecy that someone within the fellowship has committed a murder i.e an abortion has been carried out and the lord has been been greatly vexed. We were all told to close our eyes and the pastor asked whoever d person is to come out... To my surprise,a girl cried out where she was,and i was marvelled that what she did in secrecy was revealed by d spirit of God to the pastor... Since then,i've then cast away all doubts and i have great respect for prophecies that are not laden with falsity

Bia guy, i'm not doubting the genuity of the prophesy, but does it not occur to you that in a large church especially one in campus environment there'll will be high chance of getting it right if one should predict that abortion has been commited?
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by Bolarge1(m): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2012
THERE IS NO SUCCESSFULL KING IN THE BIBLE WITHOUT A PROPHET.

LIVING A PROPHETIC LIFE GIVES YOU A SENSE OF DIRECTIONAL OF LIFE.

I CANNOT DO WITHOUT A PROHETIC LIVING EITHER FROM THE BIBLE OR FROM THE MAN OF GOD.

I PRAY YOU ALL FIND A GOOD AND GOD FEARING PROPHET.

2 Likes

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by naijathings(m): 8:53am On Nov 06, 2012
i want good things to happen in my life and so i say AMEN when a pastor or friend or my dad or anyone
prophesies good things to come in my life. the word is spoken, the heart believes, it is left to GOD
to do what he alone can do as GOD.
but when it comes to PASTOR prophesies, please eat the fish and throw the bone because some of them are
just giving you the regular format.
I don see many things and I don waka wellu wellu so i know many bad pastors and even alfa too
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by odave: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2012
I don't fink I'd prefer a church that rarely prophesy...I love prophesy coz it guides me in many ways...I'm not a member of any of these white garment churches but I like their passion to hear from God, though many fake prophet hid under their umbrella but real ones are out there, believing in what they stand for not all those what up pastor that always hid paracetamol under their suits...the word, yes buh still the prophecy is very important
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by buchibabe: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
I once attended a church service,where d pastor walked up to me n said. "By dis time nxt year,ur husband will locate u,u wil no longer be a spinster. I was so disapointed in his fake preiction dt I had to open my mouth n tel him right there dat I'm already married,infact 2yrs earlier

1 Like

Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by aadetoyin(f): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
I believe in prophesy 100% but it doesn't mean u should allow wat prophets say RULE ur life. Even the bible says U should find out things n hold onto the truth. So wen a prophet tells u sometin, u can pray and ask God to help u confirm it wit a sign or via dream cos there are a lot of fake prophets.
So u urself ve to be prayerful and be in d spirit.
Let's not deceive ourselves wen they tell u that u will build a house by next year and u are not even planning for ur future how is it gonna come thru wen u re not in line wit God's plan. Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Some peeps will be prayin for financial breakthru and they don't ve source of income, u have to help urself and be prayerful for the TRUE prophesies to be made manifest.
Re: How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? by ajasa4link: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
boron10:

Bia guy, i'm not doubting the genuity of the prophesy, but does it not occur to you that in a large church especially one in campus environment there'll will be high chance of getting it right if one should predict that abortion has been commited?
u dnt get it,do u? The abortion was committed within d same week and d prophecy was specific abt d timing. U think itz mere coincidence in a congregation that consists of less than 85girls? So u are saying one out of 85 girls in d congregation commits abortion every week abi?.... I would love to believe it was a mere coincidence,but the genuiness of the prophecy was too much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists Based In Nigeria / Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.