Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,523 members, 7,888,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:28 PM

Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? (723 Views)

Ghana Election Update Us Plsssss Ghana Pple / US Election Update / US Election Update: Obama Leading Among Early Voters In Key States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by ambrosini593(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2012
As America gets ready to elect a new president today, the whole world is watching and hoping for a free and fair election that America is known for. Who do you think will win between Obama and Romney? What are the lessons we nigerians and nigeria government especially INEC can learn from today's election
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by member16: 8:08am On Nov 06, 2012
Why do I or any nigerian care?
Abeg, knack your head for wall..
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by ambrosini593(m): 8:14am On Nov 06, 2012
سحيميظل: Why do I or any nigerian care?
Abeg, knack your head for wall..
. Please just pass if you don't care. I see you don't want to learn
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by ikananwa(m): 8:17am On Nov 06, 2012
God decides who wins
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 06, 2012
ambrosini593: What are the lessons we nigerians and nigeria government especially INEC can learn from today's election

Nigerians should learn to be more vocal. One can point out the errs of our government from now until hell freezes. Even after hell has frozen, we'll still be listing. As for Nigerians, however, we have our own duties to fulfill. As Nigerians are technically under a democracy, it is every Nigerian's duty to be vocal, not only to our officials, but other Nigerians as well. That's the reason I started my "What are you doing to improve Nigeria?" thread. We cannot expect everything to come from government. Pretty boi said something in another thread in pertinence to New York/New Jersey and their ability to rebuild and it was so intelligent.

pretty_boi: We keep wondering & keep admiring how these people are so efficient in performing their duties & how organized their country/countries are,well it isn't magic. Nigeria can even be better but it starts with you & me doing every one of our jobs passionately & putting country first. If you're a policeman,a cleaner,a dog breeder,a politician,an architect,a driver,a fireman,a scientist,a maid,a doctor a nurse,a soldier,a musician or anything you are,do your work passionately & strive to stand out & it would go round & everyone would be happy at Nigeria's efficiency rate & development. But for now what do we have? A doctor who doesn't do his/her job passionately expecting a president who would be passionate & turn the country around, a driver who doesn't obey traffic laws hoping to get the best health services from that doctor when he himself doesn't do his own work well,a footballer who doesn't put in his best to play for his country would still expect a fireman to do his job selflessly & douse the fire that's burning his home,A Pastor/Imam who preaches that people of a faith different from his are "unbelievers" & "infidels" & that "faithful people" should not associate with such people would still be expecting a peaceful country. Nigeria is all we (it's people) have made it so if Nigeria is a failure,it's because that's what we have chosen to be & if we desire to see a better Nigeria the key/power's also in our hands.

I, personally, believe that it starts with information. As much as I disagree with the Tea Party, they are an excellent model to follow. They were a tiny, unknown, organization prior to 2008. With the spread of their information came bigger crowds. With bigger crowds came the media. Constant media coverage allowed them to get their message heard by millions of Americans. I know it happened in America, but it's possible in Nigeria too. The fuel subsidy protests were heard around the world when they were loudest.

A changed Nigeria or any other place will not happen overnight. We need the passion to see a better place, and we need the faith and perseverance to continue on that path to a better place, even when it's riddled with obstacles. Once our attitudes are changed, we can go far.
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by member16: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2012
ambrosini593: . Please just pass if you don't care. I see you don't want to learn
And what is this suppose to teach exactly?
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by manny4life(m): 8:42am On Nov 06, 2012
It's 2:41am here, and guess what, I had to wake up... grin grin grin grin

Come 5am, I'll get ready to leave for the poll station close to my home before heading to work. Obama has my vote in the next few hrs...It will be a "CLOSE RACE", TIGHT RACE, BUT Obama will win.
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by MrGlobe(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2012
obama
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2012
manny4life: It's 2:41am here, and guess what, I had to wake up... grin grin grin grin

Come 5am, I'll get ready to leave for the poll station close to my home before heading to work. Obama has my vote in the next few hrs...It will be a "CLOSE RACE", TIGHT RACE, BUT Obama will win.

Anxiety is killing me in the west coast lol. I have my ballot filled. I could have mailed it but I like turning it in by hand, so that I can get an "I Voted" sticker lmao.

The odds are in President Obama's favor, so I feel confident, but then I remember 2000 and 2004. Particularly 2004 lol.
Re: Today Live U.S Election Update: Who Do You Think Will Win? by Callotti: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Dead heat!!!!
Gooooooooooo ROMNEY!!!!! cool
I voted for you sweerie!
Democrats for poooor blood-suckerzzzz!
Republican for the wealthy and productive!!!
This is one week off well-spent!!!!
God Bless America, my home SWEETEST home!!!!! cool

(1) (Reply)

Must Watch: Irish Senator David Norris Revealed The Truth About Israel-gaza / On The Brink Of War And Economic Collapse — Paul Craig Roberts / N India 2 Sisters To Be Raped As Punishment After Brother Eloped With Married Wo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.