Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,836 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:48 AM

A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. (1925 Views)

What You Must Know/do Before You Get Married As A Christian Lady / My Experience With A Young Christian Girl / Thirty Questions For Teachers Of Eternal Torment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2012
As a young Christian I have really (and I mean REALLY) been struggling with this "eternal torture" concept. Now that I am reading the Bible myself more I do see these scriptures that support "eternal death" rather than eternal torture. It's just that there are quite a few people who actually attack this belief and INSIST that hell just has to be a place of never-ending torture.

What I can't understand is how these people who claim hell is eternal torture & burning are totally okay with it. I have to wonder if they really, truly believe it. I mean, just think about someone here on earth being burned alive. It's one of the most horrific things ever, one of the worst, most painful things a human can go through, and of course no one takes pleasure in that happening to ANYONE, no matter what their religion is. But typically, the person who is burned is either rescued, or they die after a few minutes...but hell is supposed to be forever! So really, burning forever!

I personally have attended a church that pretty much teaches that we are all evil and we deserve to suffer in hell forever, so the only way we don't is if we accept Jesus. And let me tell you, this hell doctrine has had an awful impact on my life and terrorized me for years. I felt no joy in being "saved", knowing that 70% of the world (about the percentage that isn't Christian) was going to burn in hell. I was only around 10 years old when I first went to "grown-ups" church service and learned about hell, and I went home crying and thinking God hated me if he thought I deserved that. After that I just tried to forget about it, to bury it, but I'd think about it a lot and at times I'd just cry for all the souls who would have such a horrible fate. I refused to get attached to anyone who wasn't a Christian since it would only bring more pain to my life, knowing that they'd burn in hell unless they converted to Christianity. I remember meeting a really nice Jewish girl back in 7th grade, and when I found out she was Jewish I avoided her as much as possible. I didn't want to become her friend. I feel so awful about it, but it was the only way I could cope with the fact that she was going to hell, according to my church.

Now that I am in a young adults Sunday school class at this church, they don't beat around the bush at all about hell. During the past year I have been going through an awful time in my life and am suffering from depression, because of my hellfire fear. I've always felt that there's nothing to be happy about if most of the world will burn in hell. I couldn't even enjoy the things I used to love to do, I couldn't concentrate on my schoolwork, because I was ALWAYS thinking about people burning in hell. But I started to think, if God really is so loving, why WOULD he keep people alive just to burn them? And why would he bring the rest of us so much pain knowing that so many people, and probably including a few that we know, are suffering so horrendously?

So that's when I started looking into the topic of hell myself, and wondering if the fire and such could be metaphors. At this point I would cry hysterically at least once a day over hell, and I started praying to God, just begging him to show me the truth, and begging him not to torture that sweet Jewish girl I knew and many others. When I came across the eternal death belief I did feel relieved. I'm wondering if my prayers are being answered. But I also start to feel down again when I see people insisting that hell IS eternal torment. I guess I shouldn't rely on humans so much for the answer though, and trust God to show me.

Now, in no way do I think that we humans are perfect, or worthy of salvation. I do believe that nobody is perfect, and all humans have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Jesus died for us and offered the free gift of salvation. So when Jesus comes back, unrepentant sinners will need to be destroyed. But not tortured! Was it not God who gave us all the moral conscience and empathy that makes us not even want to torture an animal, let alone a human? So I don't understand why He would do such a thing.

So I suppose I should stop my blathering, but I wanted to share how this hellfire doctrine has made my life hell! And again, I don't understand how so many people can actually believe in it, but be okay with it, and not react the way I did. I just hope God is really answering my prayers. This past few years of my life, and especially the last year, have been extremely difficult and I am trying hard to overcome my fear and depression over this. I'm still getting there, but I feel I'm doing much better. Thanks you for writing this page because I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who feels reassured that God really does love us!

Source of Article
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 06, 2012
^^^^^

Ladies and Gentlemen, the above story is precisely what irks me with the false teachers who keep propagating falsehoods and thereby shutting millions out of the kingdom of GOD.

Truly I say , they have a lot to answer for on the day of judgement.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2012
Nice article! Where are those eternal torture preachers? This kind of falsehood is why some christians are atheists today! Smh*

Scripture says:

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

2 Likes

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2012
Frosbel,
I am yet to understand what you are trying to prove by your comment after the write-up.
Are you saying, therefore, that any one that tells the consequences of sin being hell-fire and eternal damnation are 'false' teachers? Or you mean Jesus and Paul never said anything about hell?

Do you mean there was nowhere stated in the NT of the consequences of a life of sin?
God gives everyone 'a long rope to pull' as He does not take pleasure in anyone perishing but calls all to repentance and that is why He has given the free gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.

God is not wicked, He is just but He cannot BEHOLD EVIL!!!!! His Son acts as this shield to the evil of the world as long as we trust in Him and live by His grace and shun evil practices, so I think the lady just needs proper education, simple.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy: Frosbel,
I am yet to understand what you are trying to prove by your comment after the write-up.
Are you saying, therefore, that any one that tells the consequences of sin being hell-fire and eternal damnation are 'false' teachers? Or you mean Jesus and Paul never said anything about hell?

Do you mean there was nowhere stated in the NT of the consequences of a life of sin?
God gives everyone 'a long rope to pull' as He does not take pleasure in anyone perishing but calls all to repentance and that is why He has given the free gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.

God is not wicked, He is just but He cannot BEHOLD EVIL!!!!! His Son acts as this shield to the evil of the world as long as we trust in Him and live by His grace and shun evil practices, so I think the lady just needs proper education, simple.

Let us stick to the bible for a moment.

The wages of sin is DEATH.

No one is undermining the seriousness of sin, in fact it was SIN that brought death to mankind , death was never God's will or intention for mankind. Sin has also brought with it untold misery, pain and anguish of spirit.

As we speak many are suffering the consequences of their sin and for those who have not , there is a day of judgement and punishment.

The gospel is repent or perish, not repent or be eternally tormented.

Let us stick with the bible and throw away tradition.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel:
As we speak many are suffering the consequences of their sin and for those who have not , there is a day of judgement and punishment.

The gospel is repent or perish, not repent or be eternally tormented.

Let us stick with the bible and throw away tradition.

Frosbel,
I have come to realise that when people have any issue with something that is in the bible that they do not believe and it something held for a long while they call it 'tradition'.

As usual, Frosbel claims I should stick to the bible and throw away tradition.

What does perish mean to you?

Bible says that for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him should NOT PERISH but have everlasting life.

Does the perish you see here mean physical death or spiritual death? I know you have heard of the Second death, what does that mean to you? Read Revelation 20:14-15.

If the lake of fire is the second death and those whose names are not found in the book of life are thrown into it, is that not perishing and eternal torment?

I can see you now want to start preaching a message of repent or you perish here on earth only.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Definition of perish
verb
[no object]
1 literary die, especially in a violent or sudden way:
a great part of his army perished of hunger and disease
suffer complete ruin or destruction:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/perish
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel: Definition of perish
verb
[no object]
1 literary die, especially in a violent or sudden way:
a great part of his army perished of hunger and disease
suffer complete ruin or destruction:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/perish

Simple question Frosbel, does perish in the bible mean physical death or eternal death?
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy:

Simple question Frosbel, does perish in the bible mean physical death or eternal death?

The English bible was translated from Latin, Greek and Hebrew, using words and terms that closely and more accurately reflected the intent of the authors and meaning of words from the original languages.

Not sure why you are now attempting to redefine the English language to fit into your 'lovely' eternal torment doctrine.

In the bible perish means perish and death means death.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by desireexo(f): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel the first thing you should know is that we humans have a choice...there is heaven and there is hell, the choice is ours..u either choose heaven or hell. It is not your obligation to feel sorry for the sinners or those your friends. Dont discriminate if not you'll be like the scribes and pharisees.

treat them well, tell them the truth, if they do not accept, pray to God concerning it, and leave the rest to him. Wiv this God would not hold you accountable for their souls or the good you could have done but didnt..

above all....live an exemplary lifestyle.."let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father who is in heaven".

heaven=eternal bliss
hell=eternal torment and torture forever and ever
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel:

The English bible was translated from Latin, Greek and Hebrew, using words and terms that closely and more accurately reflected the intent of the authors and meaning of words from the original languages.

Not sure why you are now attempting to redefine the English language to fit into your 'lovely' eternal torment doctrine.

In the bible perish means perish and death means death.

Simply put, when the bible says that a person will die/perish because he sins and did not repent, you Frosbel, using the oxford dictionary terms that to mean he just dies in his body? That is his final consequence, right? Just physical death.
*Amazing*

Wish you luck in your new-age religion.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy:

Simply put, when the bible says that a person will die/perish because he sins and did not repent, you Frosbel, using the oxford dictionary terms that to mean he just dies in his body? That is his final consequence, right? Just physical death.
*Amazing*

Man is a living soul and a mortal one at that.

When he dies he is dead , waiting for the final resurrection and judgement.

If after the judgement he is not found worthy of eternal life aka immortality , he will be condemned to an eternal death in the lake of fire.

I advice that you consider this TRUTH and desist from misrepresenting the character of GOD.

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy:

*Amazing*

What he meant was 'second death'. That's to die eternally not to be tortured eternally like what Sis desiree wrote up there!
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
desiree_xo:
hell=eternal torment and torture forever and ever

Wrong, read your bible again !
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
frosbel:

Man is a living soul and a mortal one at that.

When he dies he is dead , waiting for the final resurrection and judgement.

If after the judgement he is not found worthy of eternal life aka immortality , he will be condemned to an eternal death in the lake of fire.

I advice that you consider this TRUTH and desist from misrepresenting the character of GOD.

Frosbel,
You are funny, I am not surprised that you have turned it to 'misrepresenting the character of God' now since all you have quoted so far is the Oxford dictionary.

I leave you with this from the words of the saviour:

Luke 13:3:
'I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish'

It is left to you to decide what that means...from the bible of course.
Cheers.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
seriallink:

What he meant is second death. That's to die eternally not to be tortured eternally like what Sis desiree wrote up there!

No one 'dies' eternally. Read the very scripture I quoted from revelation 20:14-15. The second death is the Lake of fire and that in itself is eternal torment.

Christianity is not a walk in the park...you have the opportunity to live right now and repent when you sin, do not wait till after death, I beg of you.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy:

No one 'dies' eternally. Read the very scripture I quoted from revelation 20:14-15. The second death is the Lake of fire and that in itself is eternal torment.

Christianity is not a walk in the park...you have the opportunity to live right now and repent when you sin, do not wait till after death, I beg of you.

Will ""DEATH"" and ""hell"" also be tormented??
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy:

Your post is very funny! You got the wrong guy bro. Go back and read your bible very well!

Are you saying God will give sinners eternal life in hell? They will not die but live in hell for eternity Are humans immortals?
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Snowwy: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2012
seriallink:

Your post is very funny! You got the wrong guy bro. Go back and read your bible very well!

Are you saying God will give sinners eternal life in hell? They will not die but live in hell for eternity Are humans immortals?

We can see who has not been reading their bibles.

Read Revelation 14:9-11, Revelation 20:10

If that is not enough for you to understand we are not here for child's play then I cannot help you.
Nice day.
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
GREAT TOPIC AND I SEE THE HEAVYWEIGHTS DUKING IT OUT. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO NOTE IS THAT A DIFFERENCE IN OPINION WILL NOT SEND YOU TO HELL. THE LORD IS HAPPY THAT WE ARE SHARPENING EACH OTHER BY DEBATING OUR CAUSES WITH EACH OTHER. IT IS A HOLY THING TO DEBATE WITH EACH OTHER ON GODS WORDS

PROVERBS 27 VS 17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

PROVERBS 25 VS 9 Debate your cause with your neighbor himself

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
Snowwy:

We can see who has not been reading their bibles.

Read Revelation 14:9-11, Revelation 20:10

If that is not enough for you to understand we are not here for child's play then I cannot help you.
Nice day.

You still have not answered if ""death"" and hell"" will be tormented too.....
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
ijawkid:

they are more obsessed with torment and less interested in the gospel of LOVE.

2 Likes

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
ijawkid:

IJAWKID MAN NO SEE YA BREAKLIGHT SEF, WETIN DEY SHELE ? ABI YOU DONE GO APOSTATE grin grin
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
obadiah777: IJAWKID MAN NO SEE YA BREAKLIGHT SEF, WETIN DEY SHELE ? ABI YOU DONE GO APOSTATE grin grin

Hahaahahahahahahaha......

I dey o.....

E be like na you go hide some where wey man no fit take. I see you....

Abi some heathens don capture you??....lol

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
ijawkid:

I dey o.....

How can Buzugee be captured by heathens. I heard that he had been caputring heathens and re-educating them.

There was this guy that became a born again christian. He was a heathen but after being taken to Buzugee's dungeon basement of horrors holiness, he changed.

After being tied to a cross, being flogged and forced to memorize bible passages, the heathen learnt that Jesus suffered for him. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

How can Buzugee be captured by heathens. I heard that he had been caputring heathens and re-educating them.

There was this guy that became a born again christian. He was a heathen but after being taken to Buzugee's dungeon basement of horrors holiness, he changed.

After being tied to a cross, being flogged and forced to memorize bible passages, the heathen learnt that Jesus suffered for him. grin

grin grin grin grin I don laugh fall for ground grin grin

Na new deliverance method grin maybe the heathen carry legion of demons grin

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
ijawkid:

I dey o.....

grin grin grin THESE HEATHENS ? DEM NO BORN DEN WELL OOO. HE THAT IS IN ME IS GREATER LOLZ
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin TOO FUNNY
Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
seriallink:

grin grin grin grin I don laugh fall for ground grin grin

Na new deliverance method grin maybe the heathen carry legion of demons grin
grin grin grin YALL GOT JOKES TODAY

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by ijawkid(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lmao.....

Logicboy you no well @ all......

Then you better not let buzugee meet you one on one.....lol....

1 Like

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
After Buzugee aka Obadiah told me about his conversion plans for me, I stopped preaching atheism near him.

His methods are 100% effective. cool

Dont you wonder how American slaves all became christians after?

3 Likes

Re: A Young Christian Lady's Torment On HELL. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
ijawkid:

Lmao.....

Logicboy you no well @ all......

Then you better not let buzugee meet you one on one.....lol....

HE ALREADY KNOW. WHEN I MEET AM HIM GO SABI SAY KHAKI NO BE LEATHER. I COME WITH 10 WELL MUSCLED BRETHRENS TO HOLD HIM DOWN, A NICE JUICY KOBOKO TO FLOG THE LEGION OF DEMONS OUT OF HIM AND THEN A KJV BIBLE TO PUT IN A NEW RESIDENT WHERE THE LEGIONS HAVE VACATED grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why "Judgement Day"? / Question For The Atheists, Christians, Muslims and other Theists. / THE CONVERT: Why I Left Islam To Follow Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.