Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,566 members, 7,972,132 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:39 AM

All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! (42902 Views)

Jobs For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates / 6 Reasons Why Discrimination Against 2.2 & 3rd Class Graduates Should Stop / Vacancy For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by snthesis(m): 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
yuzedo: I started reading this, I was gonna troll the thread, or say sumn like "I'm reading but I didn't get a 3rd class, does that make me disobedient".. Then I realised the article had substance, not the normal corny crap inapplicable in everyday life. A rich, relevant body of work?? shocked impossible! angry And then the author was revealed. grin

I'm proud to know Naomi Lucas personally! Fantastic lady..! I strongly recommend her GraduatePro initiative. And say, Mark her name, she is the Future of Nigeria I tellya! Bless your heart Miss.. kiss
Hi! so u knw Naomi personally, does she cookz and cleainz, does she have big Nyanshes- pls answrin i want to marry hers

1 Like

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Bright4(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
ve not seein any developed country with graduate as geness...May God help nigerian.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by donami(m): 8:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
success is a matter of commitment. The solution to a third class is to dig deeper. Its like the story of peter when jesus said lunch into d deep
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by franchizy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2012
For a student to spend 4 or 5 yrs in school and graduate wit 3rd class or pass, its obvious dat he or she is a lazy and dull student. Tufiakwa
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by koolg: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
Blackteeth: If you got a third class and you are a guy, you just need to start shaving with gillette. lol

Never ever limit anyone!
Time and chance happeneth to all. So the Bible says.
A classmate of mine had 3rd class, he now has a good job, he got it by chance, he has a car, good home doing fine generally. Another classmate of ours had 2.1 but he is still w/o job up till this moment and is squating with the one who had 3rd class.
Can you figure that?
Excellent write up @OP

2 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by snthesis(m): 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
franchizy: For a student to spend 4 or 5 yrs in school and graduate wit 3rd class or pass, its obvious dat he or she is a lazy and dull student. Tufiakwa
daft comment!!!!
pls note most successful entrepreneurs are the so called "3rd class or pass" graduates while the 1st class become lecturers or paid employment- what drives you determine d success u achieve in life

5 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
I graduated at 24yrs of age with 3rd class. 3yrs years after at 27 I made my first million and became a billionaire at 30. Thank God that I had 3rd class cos at the back of mind I was made to believe I can not be employed but I made up my mind to employ first class holders. Now I have 2 first class holders under my feet and many others calling me Boss. Wisdom = Knowledge + Common Sense. Most 1st class = Knowledge minus common sense. By the way I am the 100th to comment.

4 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by 2sexy(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
A lot of people limit themselves just because of what they heard over the years.

I dont blame people for thinking that they cant make it because their grades are poor, since we tend to act what we hear.

Lemme share this with the house. While I was doing my OND, one guy bought accommodation in my room and we all thought he was a student. It wasnt long afterwards that we found out the truth. So, an elderly room mate had to counsel him and ask him to go home and let his people know that he isn't in school, since he couldnt secure admission and also got scammed in the process. He left and was on and off about one shipping course or school.

The following year, we met in Lagos when I lost my mum and he told me that he was with one company, I think Honeywell or so. Before we parted, he was just advicing me that I shouldnt let the death of my mum weigh me down and so on. The year after that we spoke twice on phone and he still said he was just managing. By 2012 and in September, I called him and he was sleeping but promised to give me a call when he wakes up.

Some hours later, my phone rang and it was him... We exchange pleasantries , mostly switch codes from yoruba to pidgin english.

It went like this:

me: "hello, Sege... Ba wo ni"

Segun: " Jidon mo wa kpa. where you dey now?"

me: " O boy I dey PTI o. I com back com do HND"

me:"Sege, e bo lo wa sin, where u dey?"

Sege: " I b contract staff to MOBIL"

me:" ehn?" "ah, hw u take do am?"

Sege:" i just do one course blah blah blah"

for the 5minutes, I couldn't believe my ears.
He promise to come and see me. 2 weeks later, GBAM! See my guy! I didnt recorgnise till after 2 minutes. The guy don round like ball. Any way, we just enter joint, chop and discuss lol.

The last time we spoke(just 2weeks ago), he told me he was doing a course in Lagos worth 900k.

This guy didnt spend many years like most of us, the 900k he is currently spending on a course sef, many 1st class never smell am sef...

The truth is open your ears, connect with right people and you wont be left behind

3 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by 2sexy(m): 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
franchizy: For a student to spend 4 or 5 yrs in school and graduate wit 3rd class or pass, its obvious dat he or she is a lazy and dull student. Tufiakwa
Is that what you think... It's ur kind that cram to pass. You may do well because your parents are alive and supporting you, but once that is taken from you, you go know how far.

I have been on both sides bro... So, dont just laugh at people with poor grades.

3 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by lilyafaten: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2012
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by kingsolve(m): 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Great!
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by holusormi(m): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
yeah right,, if u have a third class ....bla,bla, bla
you guys make it sound as if having a third class is a thing to be proud of,i see how people are blaming the schools and blaming the economy and shit, all i can do is smh,, listen guys, lemme tell u the gospel truth.if you have a third class, you have only YOURSELF to blame, first accept the blame and stop blaming others,..na for the same department where den give u third class den give another person first class so STOP WHINEING, the current first class students in my school are guys from VERY POOR BACKGROUNDS (VERY POOR) yet they found a way to rise above it all and still make a first class... And pls what is this rubbish i hear about first class students begin crammers? THAT'S A BIG LIE,99 percent of them are exceptionally bright students so quit hating.!#!
am not here to condemn, castigate or make fun of anybody, but if you have a third class, stop blaming people, accept the blame,stop beefing first class,2-1 and 2-2 grads and simply work on yourself..May God bless our hustles.

3 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
One basic factor that determine grading in our higher institutions these days, is the philosophy of the lecturers which is "give me back what I gave to you". Trust me when I say that 45% of graduates with 2.1 and 2.2 actually got that through bribing, lobbying, or any other favour as the case may be, I quite agree with the op on the factors that constitute to some persons been awarded with a 3rd class. I've seen tens of graduate with 2.1 or 2.2 who could not defend their results. I think it's time for the Nigerian employers to change their paradigm on criterias for employment. My 2cents.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by yetundef8(f): 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
3rd class or pass does nt matter, what matter is what you know and how God bless u. among us in school a friend that has pass was d first to get a job and she is doing pretty fine till now.

where i work now, i have never for once asked for my result, just my cv without my grade, and i am doing great. I have good result bt i have never being ask to bring it,, most especially if you are a Technical person result does nt matter.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by deloon(m): 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
I graduated with 3rd class; studied computer science. And in the crowd of graduates, I still stand out without a doubt. Currently unemployed and not seeking employment. And working hard towards being a solid employer.

1 Like

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by ril19(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
For naomi to actually take time to write about this group of people is truely commendable and heart-warming. Let us all focus on the reasons she mentioned for such low grades. These are day-to-day harsh realities of the Nigerian student. Thumbs up to all those who commented meaningfully, u guys are great. Examination is and will never be the true test of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by mkoabiola: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
Apart frm connection,it is not alwys easy for 3rd class to get job ooo.
I don't think employers do invite dem,cos dey belv dey ar olodo rabata.
Anyway,my frnd had pass is now woRking in a mulitinational compny.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Anyi3(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
smoothsk: I must confess I missed some rare opportuinities based on my gRade. .........
That's the utmost truth. Not saying you cant make it with low grades but it might have been easier. All in all, its in your hands to succeed.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Daresh(f): 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
I made a 3rd class. At first I was lying on my cv but after a bit I quit and decided to run my own show. I have to say that I am the happiest I have ever been. I do my own thing, make my own money and I have time to do the things I love to do. Amazing right?
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
holusormi: yeah right,, if u have a third class ....bla,bla, bla
you guys make it sound as if having a third class is a thing to be proud of,i see how people are blaming the schools and blaming the economy and shit, all i can do is smh,, listen guys, lemme tell u the gospel truth.if you have a third class, you have only YOURSELF to blame, first accept the blame and stop blaming others,..na for the same department where den give u third class den give another person first class so STOP WHINEING, the current first class students in my school are guys from VERY POOR BACKGROUNDS (VERY POOR) yet they found a way to rise above it all and still make a first class... And pls what is this rubbish i hear about first class students begin crammers? THAT'S A BIG LIE,99 percent of them are exceptionally bright students so quit hating.!#!
am not here to condemn, castigate or make fun of anybody, but if you have a third class, stop blaming people, accept the blame,stop beefing first class,2-1 and 2-2 grads and simply work on yourself..May God bless our hustles.

Yeah bro, please go read what the op said very carefully, and come back and tell me if you are making any sense from your post.
When people like you come out and put their grades on their forehead, you seem to forget that the only person you are deceiving
is yourself.

I was discussing with one top management HR personnel the other day, and the things he told me, where shocking to say the least.
He said and i quote "90% of 2.1 graduates do not know what they are doing, and thats why he has been telling organizations that
want to recruit the best to remove the grade restrictions".

I have said it times without numbers, that Nigeria is moving towards a direction, whereby it is your skills that will get you the Job
rather than your grades.
I can point at least 6 lecturers in my department, who were known to collect bribes to give student high grades, in a department as critical
as Engineering, and then you wonder why 2.1 is not respected anymore.

If you look carefully at the oil servicing firms, you will notice a gradual movement from recruitment by excellent grades,
to the focus on skills.

i totally agree with what the O.P has said, but i want to extend that advice to the first class graduates,
and the 2.1's of this world, DO NOT rest on your grades to get you your dream Job,
please, develop yourself, and acquire skills like your life depends on it.
Stop dangling a sheet of paper in front of Hiring managers, and start proving that you are worth your degree.

If for what ever reasons you made poor grades, then its for the best, because now you have extra motivation to become
something better.
the truth about most people who come out with high grades, is that, they depend on that result, rather than the brain that achieved
the result.

I say a hearty congratulations to those that survived the Nigerian system of Education, and still made a 2.1 or 2.2 or even 3rd class.
you have done well, but now is not the time to rest, its the time to prove to yourself that you truly merited that excellent CGPA or that you can do better than
that poor result, that is leaving you heartbroken.
and even, if you had blocked your way to the top, its not still too late, you can still prove yourself.

Even Killers get a chance to defend themselves, why not you...

4 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by AjanleKoko: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
2sizzlin: currently i'm on my i.T, an engineering student.probably i may graduate with a 2.2 or 2.1 i don't really care.If i graduate with a 2.2 i can boast of being very much ahead of most of my classmates in terms of engineering knowledge.Presently i know relevant books i need to read (a lot doesn't yet) after graduation which no one has ever mentioned in the school, you only hear about them from practising engineers.90% of the time grades are just masks, it's unfortunate that's what the white collar companies care about they need to start looking beyond that.
Most ppl attended soft schools,while some were lucky to be in a department with sane and true lecturers (lecturers who can pass the exams they give us if they should sit for it).sometimes girls wanna go through school looking ugly because of some dirty old men and some insane young lecturers who mistaken a university for a free red light district.Girls i feel for some of una the good ones.It's even funny some gay lecturers have started showing up, real funny, well i recommend they listen to M.I's somebody wants to die Well Jesus Christ taught me not to be anxious of tomorrow, i don't let it worry me and it has never failed me. Exam has never been the true test of knowledge.

You have the wrong attitude, I have to say.
Or maybe you've already consigned yourself to defeat, and are just saying all of this to console yourself. undecided
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by avalontony(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
God is not intrested in your class, he wants you to make use of the talent in you. Silver and Gold are His!!!!!!! Make use of your God given talent and the sky will be your starting point.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by callash: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
i graduated with a 3rd class and today i am most thankful to the Lord..my life better pass some folks with 2'1 BUT THAT IS NOT TO SAY O..I SUFFER EHN,I SUFFER SO TEY,THE PULSE DO ANOTHER SONG FOR ME...it wasnt easy....
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by oadah(m): 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
I came out with a 3rd class, I felt the world has crumbled on my head cos I narrowly missed 2.2 and to make matters worst my girl friend of 3 years left me because of that. I scouted for job all over 9ja from 2006 after my service, I wrote a lot of banks (finbank, unity bank, gtb and former afribank) aptitude test and I never failed ANYONE, but I was always told to leave after the first interviews , but I still never gave up, in 2008 I wrote a test and passed the aptitude test and interview with one of the largest telecoms company and that was my first job as a Key Account Manager, in 2009 a white man took so much interest after a presentation and took me to schlumbeger, early this year I left for a government appointment after recommendation from the presidency through a colleague, In between these years I have done PGD and gone for professional courses in Uk, SA and US.

The truth is every man has his destiny, amongst my former course mates in The University, I am the most successful and richest, even my former lecturers call me to assist with connection and also solve personal/financial issues.....most of my 2.1 and 2.2 former colleagues that were employed in the Banks have already been sacked,

I don't encourage laziness but if you find yourself with a 3rd class or pass, it's not the end, God has better plans.

4 Likes

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by holusormi(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2012
Kingsleyinfo:

Yeah bro, please go read what the op said very carefully, and come back and tell me if you are making any sense from your post.
When people like you come out and put their grades on their forehead, you seem to forget that the only person you are deceiving
is yourself.

I was discussing with one top management HR personnel the other day, and the things he told me, where shocking to say the least.
He said and i quote "90% of 2.1 graduates do not know what they are doing, and thats why he has been telling organizations that
want to recruit the best to remove the grade restrictions".

I have said it times without numbers, that Nigeria is moving towards a direction, whereby it is your skills that will get you the Job
rather than your grades.
I can point at least 6 lecturers in my department, who were known to collect bribes to give student high grades, in a department as critical
as Engineering, and then you wonder why 2.1 is not respected anymore.

If you look carefully at the oil servicing firms, you will notice a gradual movement from recruitment by excellent grades,
to the focus on skills.

i totally agree with what the O.P has said, but i want to extend that advice to the first class graduates,
and the 2.1's of this world, DO NOT rest on your grades to get you your dream Job,
please, develop yourself, and acquire skills like your life depends on it.
Stop dangling a sheet of paper in front of Hiring managers, and start proving that you are worth your degree.

If for what ever reasons you made poor grades, then its for the best, because now you have extra motivation to become
something better.
the truth about most people who come out with high grades, is that, they depend on that result, rather than the brain that achieved
the result.

I say a hearty congratulations to those that survived the Nigerian system of Education, and still made a 2.1 or 2.2 or even 3rd class.
you have done well, but now is not the time to rest, its the time to prove to yourself that you truly merited that excellent CGPA or that you can do better than
that poor result, that is leaving you heartbroken.
and even, if you had blocked your way to the top, its not still too late, you can still prove yourself.

Even Killers get a chance to defend themselves, why not you...

hehehe, cool down bros...my response was to the replies, not to the op, so u don't need to cry,, and as for those who come here giving fake testimonies and lying....#GodiswatchingyouInHD
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by hardbody: 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2012
2sizzlin: currently i'm on my i.T, an engineering student.probably i may graduate with a 2.2 or 2.1 i don't really care.If i graduate with a 2.2 i can boast of being very much ahead of most of my classmates in terms of engineering knowledge.Presently i know relevant books i need to read (a lot doesn't yet) after graduation which no one has ever mentioned in the school, you only hear about them from practising engineers.90% of the time grades are just masks, it's unfortunate that's what the white collar companies care about they need to start looking beyond that.
Most ppl attended soft schools,while some were lucky to be in a department with sane and true lecturers (lecturers who can pass the exams they give us if they should sit for it).sometimes girls wanna go through school looking ugly because of some dirty old men and some insane young lecturers who mistaken a university for a free red light district.Girls i feel for some of una the good ones.It's even funny some gay lecturers have started showing up, real funny, well i recommend they listen to M.I's somebody wants to die Well Jesus Christ taught me not to be anxious of tomorrow, i don't let it worry me and it has never failed me. Exam has never been the true test of knowledge.

I hear you loud and clear, exam has never been the true test of knowledge, but as yet, no one has come up with another or a better yardstick, so what gives? Or what goes? Better study hard and make a good grade so that the steep gradient would not be too terrible to climb. Just an advise

1 Like

Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by Ayenero: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
On point.. This is not meant for 3rd class and pass graduate alone.. Its for everybody.. I know of a 1st class graduate in my department now teaching SSS 1 student in a private skul. No job for graduate in Naija.. God help us oo..
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by hardbody: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
oadah: I came out with a 3rd class, I felt the world has crumbled on my head cos I narrowly missed 2.2 and to make matters worst my girl friend of 3 years left me because of that. I scouted for job all over 9ja from 2006 after my service, I wrote a lot of banks (finbank, unity bank, gtb and former afribank) aptitude test and I never failed ANYONE, but I was always told to leave after the first interviews , but I still never gave up, in 2008 I wrote a test and passed the aptitude test and interview with one of the largest telecoms company and that was my first job as a Key Account Manager, in 2009 a white man took so much interest after a presentation and took me to schlumbeger, early this year I left for a government appointment after recommendation from the presidency through a colleague, In between these years I have done PGD and gone for professional courses in Uk, SA and US.

The truth is every man has his destiny, amongst my former course mates in The University, I am the most successful and richest, even my former lecturers call me to assist with connection and also solve personal/financial issues.....most of my 2.1 and 2.2 former colleagues that were employed in the Banks have already been sacked,

I don't encourage laziness but if you find yourself with a 3rd class or pass, it's not the end, God has better plans.

What a splendid reason to make a third class. Auspicious words of encouragement, dummy. Look at it differently, if you had a good grade and got a job in 2006 when you graduated with your silly grade, you would have been miles ahead of where you are today. Think. Use your brain, which I suppose is also third class by the way.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by hardbody: 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
oadah: I came out with a 3rd class, I felt the world has crumbled on my head cos I narrowly missed 2.2 and to make matters worst my girl friend of 3 years left me because of that. I scouted for job all over 9ja from 2006 after my service, I wrote a lot of banks (finbank, unity bank, gtb and former afribank) aptitude test and I never failed ANYONE, but I was always told to leave after the first interviews , but I still never gave up, in 2008 I wrote a test and passed the aptitude test and interview with one of the largest telecoms company and that was my first job as a Key Account Manager, in 2009 a white man took so much interest after a presentation and took me to schlumbeger, early this year I left for a government appointment after recommendation from the presidency through a colleague, In between these years I have done PGD and gone for professional courses in Uk, SA and US.

What a splendid reason to make a third class. Auspicious words of encouragement, dummy. Look at it differently, if you had a good grade and got a job in 2006 when you graduated with your silly grade, you would have been miles ahead of where you are today. Think. Use your brain, which I suppose is also third class by the way.
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by mkoabiola: 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2012

Bros,kudos to u 4 aving such courage.
Bt I wudnt mind d if d connection can pass tru me as well ,u may b d angel ooo,God knws
My email is vote4abiola@yahoo.com
Re: All Third Class, Pass Graduates Should Read This! by holusormi(m): 12:13am On Nov 07, 2012

your graciousness,pray tell-how do we know u are not lying for all i care,u May be living inside your one room shackle, sipping on the 'G' commodity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Costly Mistakes I Discovered in 250 CVs: Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Has Anyone Seen This Before / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.