Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. (9178 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Wrong Reasons Why Ladies Desperately Go Into Relationship/marriage / 4 Tips For Dealing With Anger In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2012
Hello Guys,I think i am losing it all due to my recurrent anger in my Relationship.I have been having a wonderful relationship,But I get angry quite fast especially when i discovered i am being lied to.The last issues i have with my Fiancee really got so bad that we considering breaking our relationship.

I overreacted and said some awful stuffs out of anger.I have lost concentration at work and i keep wondering what i need to do to get things back on track.

Even while we agreed to call some stuffs off for now,i really want to take some steps to revive this relationship.

I have been dating her for Three years and we are planning on settling down Next Year.I have had a deep thought,and i think i have over-reacted in many of the situations.

I will appreciate a good approach in dealing with Anger especially when you have issues in trusting A woman perfectly.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Tgirl4real(f): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2012
Well, I don't see any problem if u only get angry when lied to cos u are already painting urself like u are abnormal. If u are having trust issues with ur partner, I think it's something u need to address b4 getting married.

What I will suggest is for u to try and remain calm when u are angry. Just keep quiet and reserve ur comments for later.

May be u should let us know other things that get u angry.

2 Likes

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by KINGwax(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2012
It's very simple. I alwys get d same hot-spot but i've learned to manage it. There's only one thing to do..
1. Keep calm.
Relax, i'll explain...supposing there's a potential argument, and you're abt to loose it..talk to yourself. 'Relax Bleep, relax Bleep' Bleep being your name or your nickname. Try and leave at that time, struggle not to utter a sentence. The main thing being leaving that area at that time. Refuse to frown, blink often, breath steadily but not faster, control your heartbeat. Take in large amount of air when alone, blow 'em out in full force. Keep talking to yourself...
All i'm asking u to do is how to keep calm...tell yourself u won't fail this.
Lastly, even when you're at fault, drop your pride, move over to your girl when you think it's okay...and tell her it's okay, you're sorry. Plus if u take your time, you'll realise u got a fault in the situation. My two cents. It worked for me

6 Likes

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Mobinga: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2012
KINGwax: It's very simple. I alwys get d same hot-spot but i've learned to manage it. There's only one thing to do..
1. Keep calm.
Relax, i'll explain...supposing there's a potential argument, and you're abt to loose it..talk to yourself. 'Relax Bleep, relax Bleep' Bleep being your name or your nickname. Try and leave at that time, struggle not to utter a sentence. The main thing being leaving that area at that time. Refuse to frown, blink often, breath steadily but not faster, control your heartbeat. Take in large amount of air when alone, blow 'em out in full force. Keep talking to yourself...
All i'm asking u to do is how to keep calm...tell yourself u won't fail this.
Lastly, even when you're at fault, drop your pride, move over to your girl when you think it's okay...and tell her it's okay, you're sorry. Plus if u take your time, you'll realise u got a fault in the situation. My two cents. It worked for me

Not dropping any pride

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by freecocoa(f): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2012
Enroll in an anger management class.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by koyafatuga: 11:22am On Nov 07, 2012
Guy,
I am somehow in the same shoes as yours, just that mine isnt on trust issues but issues that are based on arrogance from my partner.
What i do in most cases(dont know if i am wrong, but it works), is to leave her sight or engage in some other things that diverts my attention away totally from the argument, then later on i ponder on what has happened and how i will confront my partner with my argument and settlement plans.
It has worked for me most times and it still does, like i said i dont know if that is the most appropriate method.
Right now i am even in a quarrel with her since last night. I am at work, so busy to think of what happened at home. I will think about it on my way home and something will definitely be done tonight.

5 Likes

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by ariyebaba(m): 11:26am On Nov 07, 2012
keep calm bro....................
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Csami(m): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2012
Ignore some certain things. Whenever am angry i just walk away.....try it.

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2012
The best way to handle anger is learnt from the mechanism of rockets-'Countdown Before Blasting Off'.In other words,delay it and look for the positive side of her 'story'

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by dangerzone: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2012
freecocoa: Enroll in an anger management class.
Is there such class in 9ja?
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by freecocoa(f): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2012
dangerzone:
Is there such class in 9ja?
I don't know sef but there should be na.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by dangerzone: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2012
freecocoa: I don't know sef but there should be na.
Maybe they could have a department 4 dat at yaba left
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by promire2004(f): 11:35am On Nov 07, 2012
Mobinga:

Not dropping any pride

lolz, u never ready nah?
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by wilxz(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2012
Dear op, i believe, i can relate to ur situation. my ex, use 2 say, its better i hit her when angry than giving her "the talk". it just crazy, especially when i'm being lied to. i always regret my action whenever i act, when angry, even if my partner is at fault. cos my actions are always 2 d extremes. i dont hit women & 2 avoid giving her d talk at dat moment. i just sleep over it, and in d morning i talk abt d issue in a joking manner, 2 avoid raising up tempers. it always work 4 me.

3 Likes

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by freecocoa(f): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2012
dangerzone:
Maybe they could have a department 4 dat at yaba left
Maybe.
Why not help us find out, please?
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by promire2004(f): 11:41am On Nov 07, 2012
goodsegs: Hello Guys,I think i am losing it all due to my recurrent anger in my Relationship.I have been having a wonderful relationship,But I get angry quite fast especially when i discovered i am being lied to.The last issues i have with my Fiancee really got so bad that we considering breaking our relationship.

I overreacted and said some awful stuffs out of anger.I have lost concentration at work and i keep wondering what i need to do to get things back on track.

Even while we agreed to call some stuffs off for now,i really want to take some steps to revive this relationship.

I have been dating her for Three years and we are planning on settling down Next Year.I have had a deep thought,and i think i have over-reacted in many of the situations.

I will appreciate a good approach in dealing with Anger especially when you have issues in trusting A woman perfectly.

U're not alone on this. Nobody likes been lied to. But you have to work on ur temperament so that you can guide your utterances especially when you are mad at someone. At least, u've been able to identify your flaws which is a good step. Whenever you are angry and battling with your emotions, just take a slow deep breath and walk away. Try to focus on other things which will be of interest to you. After a while, u'll get over your angry mood and will be better prepared to handle whatever d problem is. Cheers...
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by dangerzone: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2012
freecocoa: Maybe.
Why not help us find out, please?
Haha,dem tell u say i dey live for yaba left nii
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by titsqueez(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2012
first step towards dealing with a problem is acknowledging that you have the problem. You are already half way towards solving it.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by ab1x: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2012
Controlling anger is definitely not an easy thing I tell U but the best thing to do when angry is to walk out of the house if need be or better still count 1 to 100, it will suppress the anger in U.

2 Likes

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by eikeem(m): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
koyafatuga: Guy,
I am somehow in the same shoes as yours, just that mine isnt on trust issues but issues that are based on arrogance from my partner.
What i do in most cases(dont know if i am wrong, but it works), is to leave her sight or engage in some other things that diverts my attention away totally from the argument, then later on i ponder on what has happened and how i will confront my partner with my argument and settlement plans.
It has worked for me most times and it still does, like i said i dont know if that is the most appropriate method.
Right now i am even in a quarrel with her since last night. I am at work, so busy to think of what happened at home. I will think about it on my way home and something will definitely be done tonight.

Nice! In addition to all these, I always ensure that whatever issue we have is resolved before going to bed. More importantly, no matter what happens, we must cook and I must eat. I will never eat out cos I am angry.

2 Likes

Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by freecocoa(f): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
^Good you said "we" not she must cook.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by deshclones(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
count slowly from 1-100,give her time to spew whatever she wants to say...wake her up in the dead of the night and talk......it works for me bro.....used to be an angry freak then but everything changed since i started this 1-100 formula...walking away is not 100% effective cos you will definitely come back to meet the problem.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nice thread huh
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by obi123: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
goodsegs: Hello Guys,I think i am losing it all due to my recurrent anger in my Relationship.I have been having a wonderful relationship,But I get angry quite fast especially when i discovered i am being lied to.The last issues i have with my Fiancee really got so bad that we considering breaking our relationship.

is this lying a usual occurrence as in does Ur partner lie at every given moment in other words is she a perpetual liar? if she is then there is a problem , but if it is just a one off which is natural then try and manage ur anger,take a walk at least to clear Ur head, calm down before addressing the issue just so hurtful and wrong things are not said in anger
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Itoroetti(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
Anger is one of man's greatest enemy.how do u get over it is d issue.now,itz easier said than done.what u should do should be; (1) when u get angry,don't talk nor try to justify her fault.though many of us try to do this to prove a point,but i tel u,it wont heal d wound.(2) walk out of d environment completely for d main time.(3)when u might have gone over it,go back to her and let her know how u feel when she hurts you.tell her why u walked out on her whenever u are hurt.(4) get this book by Brain Tracy and read,it's called GOALS.It was d book that change my mindset towards anger.it made me never to look down on myself or others.it thought me many things.it wil surely help u and others.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Guy,seems u stole my id and password. Everything u said here,relates to me,I have a bad anger management too,so am not here to advice you,but to learn from people.

Anger is Danger,short of letter"D".
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by 190theclown: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
By chewing elephant grass (sporobolus-spermatociasis) one can tend to-manage anger related problems

Its especially advised that Nigerian girls chew this grass first thing in the-morning
And last thing before going to-bed to-manage their anger related problems

Source- AIT knews 2010
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Blueboy0402: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
Op I have similar issue with my temperament and it is worse when my fiancee lie to me. Right now I'm travelling on official duty and at the same time quarelling with my fiancee who is doing her NYSC in Calabar. She has been calling me and my reply has been "sorry I'm not in the mood of talking". She kept dialling my number that I had to switch off my phone.

So op ignore her as though she doesn't exist whenever you are annoyed. But when you are in a good mood then sort things out. This is what I'll do when I get down from this aeroplane.
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by andyanders: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2012

Demon is responsible for anger. I advise you in your own interest to go for deliverance b4 you end up killing her when you get married. Anger is a very bad companion in relationship and it could lead one to murder because something keeping pushing you to act abnormally and when the deed is done and your eyes clears, you start blaming yourself and calling it was devil. There is no 2 ways to go about this than to seek God's face to deal with it
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by eikeem(m): 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
freecocoa: ^Good you said "we" not she must cook.
Hmmmmmm....... You for flog me, abi? grin
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
Del
Re: How To Manage Anger In Relationship/marriage. by shizzle11(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2012
Put your emotions under control

Learn to respond and not react to issues/situations

Don't make a decision when Ɣ☺ΰ're overwhelmed by emotions be it -ve or +ve

Try and be a socialite/socialize †ђξ more so Ɣ☺ΰ be more cheerful...lol

My 2cent!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Favourite S3x Position Is........ / I Need A Wife **my Pix Included** / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.