Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,445 members, 7,894,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:22 PM

12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur (15516 Views)

Who Is An Entrepreneur? How Can She Survive In An Unfriendly Govt. Economy?? / Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler / Surprising Traits About Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by xandy84: 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2012
Akin-David:
How does this concern Dangote, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim and Adenuga eh!!!

Go ask Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga... You reason with you foot guy...must not say something if you don't have anything to say nah... Na by force
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by xandy84: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
phaya:

Read books on how to spell and use of puntuation marks wink

Na fight, shey you know the somewhere ni? Take am easy on him nah
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by BarryX(m): 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
Some of the signs pointed out here should not be misconstrued because most of them if not all of them have a thin line separating them from arrogance, disobedience and some lousy fruits of the flesh.

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by SirElaw(m): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
a1solution: I MADE MY MONEY WHEN I STOP READIND ALL THIS BOOK, THEY ARE JUST BRAINWASHING PEOPLE TO MAKE MONEY.
I REMEMBER WHEN AFTER READING ONE BOOK I STOP DRINKING PURE WATER COS FOR ME THEN, AFTER READING THE BOOK SACHET WATER AND CHEAP GOODS ARE FOR POOR MEN, SO I ONLY BUY RAGOLIS OR EVA WATER, BUT THINGS GOT WORST BEFORE I ADVISED MYSELF AND REVERSED TO THE OLD WAYS AND LATER HIT IT BIG. SO SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR BETTER THING. READ NEWS SURF THE NET FOR NEW KNOWLEDGE NOT THOSE MOTIVATIONAL BOOK AND ADVICE WHICH IS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE WRITTER AND NOT YOU.
...and u just felt u wud make more sense by writting evrytin in capital letters...smh
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by idupaul: 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2012
All of U complaining bitterly about the article check yourself , the truth is that you all won't add a single full stop to the ways things done .. Entrepreneurship is diff from managership , the fact we have good jobs doesn't mean we are entrepreneurs . You are nothing but successful employee and I bet you won't be adding anything useful to world except children before U die

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by sassygal(f): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
Oh my days!!! Save for 8 and 10, this is soooo me! Had a good laugh reading this.

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by dejiswaggs(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
slimming:

May not be right.
Must you quote the whole post han han!
tongue
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by mrperfect(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
This a good one.
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by nmaalways: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]

PLEASE I NEED HELP AND ADVICE ON WHERE TO PLACE MY MIND ON ...............I HAVE JUST FINISHED WRITING MY FINAL YEAR EXAMINATION THOUGH AM A WORKING CLASS LADY BUT NEED A BUSINESS TO START I HAVE AN IDEA ON SALES OF FABRIC( i.e. ankara, Da Viva etc name it)I WILL LIKE TO RESIGN WHEN MY FINANCE IS READY FOR MY MARRIAGE RITE PROPER..

WHAT DO I DO PLEASE AM CONFUSE!!

AM A FUTURE ENTREPRENUER!
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
King Solomon I: Almost every article ever written about entrepreneurship suggests that it's not for everyone. And yet the articles go on to list attributes that many successful people possess as the traits commonly associated with great entrepreneurs, such as a strong work ethic, persistence, persuasiveness and discipline.

For 25 years, I have studied entrepreneurs and discovered that what contributed to their incredible success was not what society typically considers assets. People like John D. Rockefeller, Henry Ford and Oprah Winfrey didn't achieve greatness by possessing the traits and following the narrow path recommended by management gurus.

So, don't believe everything others say about you or how they label you. Maybe your supposed liabilities are really your assets. Here are 12 signs many people might consider a liability, but which can actually be indications that you are meant to be an entrepreneur.

1. Hate the Status Quo – It doesn't make sense to you that something has been done the time-honored way with no explanation why. You are not someone who wants to just go through the motions or sit by idly. Nor do you like following the pack.

2. Easily Bored - You find yourself easily bored, and others start viewing you as a problem. But nothing is wrong with you except that you are bored with activities that aren't up to your abilities and aren't challenging. That's why you hated most of the classes you ever attended. Think Bill Gates who dropped out of college to become one of the richest men in the world.

3. Fired from Jobs – You're too creative for your own good when it comes to working for others, and you may have some history, as I do, of losing jobs. Being just a cog in wheel is very difficult for you because you want to create something others can be inspired by and contribute to.

4. Labeled a Rebel - You know that greatness resides outside the lines of conformity and don't think that policies, laws and regulations apply to you. You have been described as a rebel and rule breaker and would defy gravity if you could.

5. Resist Authority - You have a lifelong record of resisting authority from your parents, teachers and bosses. You don't go along with the agreed upon norms of the group or community you work and live in.

6. Ready to Improve Everything - You always see how you could do things better. In addition, you are opinionated and freely give your two-cents about your better way of doing things--even when you're not asked.

7. Bad at Making Small Talk - You have difficulty making the kind of small talk that so many people get comfort from. This social pattern of relationship and rapport building seems like a waste of time to you and makes you uncomfortable.

8. Bullied in Your Youth - You may have been heavily criticized, picked on and even bullied as a child or teenager. This has caused you to be driven to excel and to prove to the world that you are indeed a force to be reckoned with.

9. Obsessive - You may have been labeled obsessive/compulsive because when you get started on something you have difficulty letting go. Don't let anyone convince you that this is a disease or deficiency. All of the great entrepreneurs become completely immersed in their vision. Howard Schultz stuck with Starbucks even when his family tried to persuade him not to.

10. Scared to Go Solo - The entrepreneur in you is scared of going out on your own—and also terrified of not doing so. This fear is so common in our society because we've been conditioned to think that entrepreneurship is much riskier than getting a "good job." The reality is there is instability in both.

11. Unable to Unwind - You can't go to sleep at night because you can't turn your thoughts off. An idea may even manifest itself in your dreams. The next morning you find yourself still consumed with that idea, distracting you from the job you're supposed to be doing.

12. Don't Fit the Norm - You have always been a bit uncomfortable in your own skin. Until you get used to the idea that you are in fact different from most people, it could prove to be a problem--or exactly the motivation you need to acknowledge the entrepreneur screaming to get out.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/224791?fb_ref=fbrec
quite interesting. Thats 100% for me on all the attributes. Thnk God i started my biz when i did.
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by chaotik(m): 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
idupaul: All of U complaining bitterly about the article check yourself , the truth is that you all won't add a single full stop to the ways things done .. Entrepreneurship is diff from managership , the fact we have good jobs doesn't mean we are entrepreneurs . You are nothing but successful employee and I bet you won't be adding anything useful to world except children before U die

tell it to them homie .
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
...and all of u whining about quoting the whole post, u can come & fight me, or better still go sleep for BRT lane!

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Anyi3(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
phaya:

Read books on how to spell and use of puntuation marks wink
Just get his info, don't be a hater. He passed on some true talk. Some of those books are crappy
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Anyi3(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2012
Justosaus: ...and all of u whining about quoting the whole post, u can come & fight me, or better still go sleep for BRT lane!
guy its just utterly pointless to quote something long especially when you want to say some pointless stuffs. It really hurts to scroll down a lot just to see your rather innocuous comment
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by francis247(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
solidbroda: You are very Stup*d for quoting the entire shi*.
If those are criteria that you are an entrepreneur, then, witches are really following you from ur village.
And you are very wise for insulting him. If you're so pained that he quoted the entire write up, why not report him to the mods.? pot calling kettle black.
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by albacete(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
idupaul: All of U complaining bitterly about the article check yourself , the truth is that you all won't add a single full stop to the ways things done .. Entrepreneurship is diff from managership , the fact we have good jobs doesn't mean we are entrepreneurs . You are nothing but successful employee and I bet you won't be adding anything useful to world except children before U die

Managership indeed! grin

@post: what u guys fail to understand is that everybody cannot be an entrepreneur.

Being an employee is not a bad idea after all cos we need checks and balances in life.
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by robotan: 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com

For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by francis247(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2012
BarryX: Some of the signs pointed out here should not be misconstrued because most of them if not all of them have a thin line separating them from arrogance, disobedience and some lousy fruits of the flesh.
Sure!
Write ups like this should be analysed from a broader angle as there are two sides to every coin.
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by AkinDavid2: 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
xandy84:

Go ask Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga... You reason with you foot guy...must not say something if you don't have anything to say nah... Na by force

NL suppose to be for matured minds,checked you profile and i'm disapointed you could comment this way! ... The guys mentioned here may or not have such attributes yet they fit in into the Topical category been discussed... Entrepreneurship is broader takes on more ingenuity and that's my take on this issue. Your personal beef for the name doesn't change the status quo. undecided
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Jubal01: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
wonderiyke:

@OP: The entire write-up makes sense. Excellent profiling....
Mst u quote evrytn? I tire 4u o!
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by AkinDavid2: 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
@Wonderiyke and the likes, kindly save us some space and MB please i'm on my knees!

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
Anyi.:

guy its just utterly pointless to quote something long especially when you want to say some pointless stuffs. It really hurts to scroll down a lot just to see your rather innocuous comment

yeah bro, i'm sure u have a point, just dat am still trying to find it. Quoting an OP at times becomes necessary when there have bin a lot of posts and counterposts & u need to direct ur comment to the right place. If something as easy as scrolling down a page ''really hurts'' u, then i wonder how u'd feel wen ur opinions are called ''pointless/innocuous''. Common courtesy demands dat everyone ('s opinions & comments) be treated with respect. At worst u can decide to just ignore...

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
wonderiyke:

@OP: The entire write-up makes sense. Excellent profiling....
Must u quote everything?
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Anyi3(m): 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Justosaus:

yeah bro, i'm sure u have a point, just dat am still trying to find it. Quoting an OP at times becomes necessary when there have bin a lot of posts and counterposts & u need to direct ur comment to the right place. If something as easy as scrolling down a page ''really hurts'' u, then i wonder how u'd feel wen ur opinions are called ''pointless/innocuous''. Common courtesy demands dat everyone ('s opinions & comments) be treated with respect. At worst u can decide to just ignore...
My apologies brother. I realise I took it too far. All I wanted to say was next time just quote a part of it. Udo di. Nwanne ebezina.
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by stupor(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
Czar-Chris:

dude do u actually need to insult someone to prove a point or get noticed? That statement you made was totally uncalled for. Please show signs of good parental upbringing and don't always be confrontational, unless otherwise confronted

@solidbroda

Guy I hope yòu have not been sniffing coke !

How can you be this stupidly rude to someone you haven't met before.

Wow ! I can bet you have issues that needed help.

This is one of the best articles have seen in recent times,hów come yôu don't get it !

Please you need see a shrink !
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by tiebe: 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
solidbroda: You are very Stup*d for quoting the entire shi*.
If those are criteria that you are an entrepreneur, then, witches are really following you from ur village.

I almost died of laughter reading this! the venom in dis msg does not match what the previous person wrote! my word! see vex
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by caesaraba(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
@OP: Nice post.

However, it seems certain folks on NL can't make comments without insulting someone or using offensive language. If English hard u to speak ehn, no use insult take fill in the blank spaces abeg. It's rather uncanny to gravitate towards mud-slinging as a way of making comments just because you don't have anything of value to contribute to a post. If you see a post that obviously doesn't interest you, abeg simply waka pass.

Don't take out your (misplaced) frustrations on people you've never met. No be everybody come here to come fight. Peace.

1 Like

Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by stildude(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
I agree. So true with me. Maybe not with the bully thing. On a second thought, maybe that's why I chose to practice martial arts. Later became the dojo bully lol!
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
i have all the traits,just have to conquer fear then am a billionaire
Re: 12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur by sunkoye: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
hustla: the OP is toking to me gangan shet!! shocked shocked
guy, if u av all those traits in you..then trust me, all the witches in ur village are on point!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted / Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure / Can Freelance Be The Answer To The Prayers Of Unemployed Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.