Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,833 members, 7,918,684 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:59 PM

Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos (12337 Views)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Two Trains Collide In Agege, Lagos / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by eghost247(m): 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2012
careless operators
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by fergusen: 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by chichiman: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
topsyking: Many passengers escaped death when two trains collided in Lagos on Wednesday. Four people were however injured. It was learnt that the accident was due to the absence of signal operator at the Mushin Station terminus in Lagos...It was gathered that the signal operator had gone to defecate and asked his assistant to take over but his assistant forgot, leading to the collision...the accident occurred because the train operators were not properly guided...

[size=18pt]THIS IS A SHAME. NIGERIA IS A JOKE AND A FAILED STATE![/size]

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by skyfall: 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
This yeye guy never come comment...chei naija i hail thee coffee wey i dey drink wan comot 4 my nose. LOL
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by chichiman: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okija_juju: The Nigerian story.. Negligence..

If we had an automated system, this could have been avoided.

AUTOMATED SYSTEM WITHOUT UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY?
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by chichiman: 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2012
Yomieluv: 2012,Manual control? Gosh! Can u beat that? Seriously we need divine help to solve our problems in this country,this is stupid human error.

NO. WE NEED INDIVIDUAL AND CORPORATE RE-ORIENTATION TO SOLVE NIGERIA'S PROBLEMS. IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
First of all...(please don't say go down low grin)

Two questions;

1. Whatever happened to ELECTRIC SIGNALS?

2. Whatever happened to dual tracks for trains going into the same station from opposite directions?

And the govt tells us we have a rail system angry

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by slap1(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
sconsults: [size=18pt]Dont blame them,this accident was caused by a demon called santoparatani who is hungry for blood.i tried to prevent him but i did not have enough spiritual support but managed to limit the harm to only 4 people. He is on his way to itobe in kogi state now but i will surely stop him[/size]
ABEG STOP HIM O, Merlin. How's Gwen and Gaius?

2 Likes

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by felifeli: 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
ask4double: like seriously, are u ok?
It is you that is not OK. You see someone write nonsense like this and you are asking st.upid question instead of going to bath with holy water. SMH
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by eledalo: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
grin
One went to defecate the other forget to continue the work! Oh boy! grin
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...nigeria is jst a joke. Train!!!...train that jst resumed operation few 'days' ago already colliding. That means wen the whole routes are linked, one day we will hear news of how a train skipped and crushed a whole villa. Nansense!!! Wat are we actually good at?? Maybe cracking joke...hahahahahahaha...like i said nigeria is jst a joke!

Well, sorry for the injured. Its part wat we experience in this jungle called nigeria. Thank God no death reported yet,it shows how safe railway transportation can be.

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Rastamann: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
It was gathered that the signal operator had gone to defecate and asked his assistant to take over but his assistant forgot, leading to the collision.

His negligence nearly caused hundreds of death. He should be reprimanded and suspended for 3 months to help him continue his 'poo-pooing'
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by abioila(m): 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
Rastamann:

His negligence nearly caused hundreds of death. He should be reprimanded and suspended for 3 months to help him continue his 'poo-pooing'
na wa o! so make the guy no shit again? IMO I think it's the forgeti forgeti assistant that deserves the suspension.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by taharqa: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2012
centje: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...nigeria is jst a joke. Train!!!...train that jst resumed operation few 'days' ago already colliding. That means wen the whole routes are linked, one day we will hear news of how a train skipped and crushed a whole villa. Nansense!!! Wat are we actually good at?? Maybe cracking joke...hahahahahahaha...like i said nigeria is jst a joke!

Well, sorry for the injured. Its part wat we experience in this jungle called nigeria. Thank God no death reported yet,it shows how safe railway transportation can be.

Yea..keep laughing at your ignorance..hahahaha...*mtscheeeee*

Who told you that trains just started running 'days' ago? Intra-Lagos train services, Lagos-Ibadan has been running regularly for months now; Lagos-Zungeru, Minna-Kano have also resumed (only a bridge between Zungeru and Minna is stopping a full Lagos-Kano train service after many years of been comatosed from fully resuming) while some of its branches like Minna-Kaduna has been running for some time now.

You guys should stop bad-mouthing Nigeria. You can curse past leaders who completely abandoned the railways; leave Nigeria out of it
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by taharqa: 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
It was gathered that the signal operator had gone to defecate and asked his assistant to take over but his assistant forgot, leading to the collision.

What? Bwahahahaha.....
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by sconsults: 11:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
ask4double: like seriously, are u ok?

You may think so but verily i say unto you some have eyes but cannot see, some have 2 eyes for this world while others have 4 for the world and the spritual realm....
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by sconsults: 11:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
seedord247:

Did you take overdose today?

You may think so but verily i say unto you some have eyes but cannot see, some have 2 eyes for this world while others have 4 for the world and the spritual realm....
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 09, 2012
@Taharqa.
Like i posted...its 'days' ago. There's no ignorance there.
I wrote nigeria nt nigerians,moreover alot of nigerians dnt believe in nigeria. Otherwise why are we hvin poor patriotism.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by j4sure(m): 1:28am On Nov 09, 2012
[b][/b]If it is true that the Accident occur due to the fact that the Man incharge of operation went to Answer the call of Nature..den He must be queried or Fired.THANK GOD NO LIFE WAS LOST. If it is true that the Accident occur due to the fact that the Man incharge of operation went to Answer the call of Nature..den He must be queried or Fired.THANK GOD NO LIFE WAS LOST. If it is true that the Accident occur due to the fact that the Man incharge of operation went to Answer the call of Nature..den He must be queried or Fired.THANK GOD NO LIFE WAS LOST.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Sad thing though!
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by juman(m): 3:37am On Nov 09, 2012
eghost247: careless operators

Exactly.

The assistant forgot to do his work!
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by paulworld(m): 6:15am On Nov 09, 2012
Just d begining
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2012
If I was asked by JAMB to summarize this cOmPrEheNsIoN in one sentence, I'd say:

"There was a train accident in Lagos because the signal operator ate too much Gbegiri" grin
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2012
“no signal“....................Equation1

“went to defaecate“...Equation2

“break failed“...............Equation3

“4 injured“ ...................Equation 4

This must be a QUADRATIC EQUATION, Nigerians are good at solving this...

1 Like

Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by shizzle11(m): 7:27am On Nov 09, 2012
Thank God no deaths!
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by shizzle11(m): 7:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Sirmee:

If this is true, the assistant should be fired
juman:

Exactly.

The assistant forgot to do his work!

abioila: na wa o! so make the guy no shit again? IMO I think it's the forgeti forgeti assistant that deserves the suspension.

I couldn't agree any more, †ђξ assistant operator should be fired for unproffessionalismand negligence of duty thererby putting †ђξ lives of hundreds of Nigerians at serious risk.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by bolayei: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2012
na manual signal dem dey use for uk my broda, like we all know the problem na nigerians not nigeria na nigerian leave a vital position go use toilet without making sure say im replacement or relief don dey positioned,even if na my mama pikin na auto sack but nigerian oga go pity the man say na call of nature then the man is back to work, and come to think of it thats 2 trains down and how are we sure say no be arangee because na only 4 injured. train collision at high speed worse pass to plant bomb for the train abi na snail paced train? the train drivers fit be part of am, dont get me wrong no be BH it could be some sort of fraud
HNosegbe:

Na wa o, in the year 2012 we still use manual signalling?
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by bolayei: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2012
emusmith: “no signal“....................Equation1

“went to defaecate“...Equation2

“break failed“...............Equation3

“4 injured“ ...................Equation 4

This must be a QUADRATIC EQUATION, Nigerians are good at solving this...

THE ANSWER IS FRAUD. THESE TRAINS HAVE WARANTEES AND INSURED, I HOPE, SO THE BREAK CANT FAIL UNDER A YEAR BAD AS E BAD, AND ONLY 4 INJURED COULD MEAN THE COLLISION WAS CALCULATED AND THERE HAVE TO BE AN EXCUSE FOR COLLISION SO THATS WHERE THE SIGNAL COMES IN AND IF THE MAN WENT TO TOILET THEN THATS THE EXCUSE FOR NO SIGNAL.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by 5much(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2012
d assistant shd b fired or sanctioned appropriately.
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by agitator: 10:11am On Nov 09, 2012
hmmmmmm, and this is the same country people are advocating for nuclear power plants. Okay ooooh undecided undecided
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by bank2k4real(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
Committee committee, na wqooooo everything now nah committee set up....if I mess come setup committee to investigate the mess abeg....mtcweeeeeeeee
Re: Four Injured As Trains Collide In Lagos by princemedico: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
topsyking: The man, who looked downcast, said the accident was unfortunate.

“The trains have been removed as you can see. It was not as serious as people exaggerated,” he said.
Those of you saying that the train have not been removed, did you guys read the full story or you read the first line and when on it comment, in order to start writing 'first to comment'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Warns Officers Against Chasing Erring Drivers / Iceland Univerity / Trucks Block Apapa Port Access Roads, Despite Presidential Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.