Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,156 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:58 AM

Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims (6248 Views)

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / Canoes For Flood-prone Areas In Sokoto (photo) / Prepare For Flood: NEMA Warns South-West States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by mallorca(m): 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
yuzedo: TF?! N11B!!!!! shocked

Omo na to go pour bucket of water for my sitting room make I for claim flood victim too, pocket N1B from dat money! grin grin

even with with N1B u problems go multiply pass d money,Be happy wit what u have and were u are
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by idesignwebsite(m): 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
I hope the Abacha family can beat Dr Aliko Dangote to his generosity,after all no matter what happen they can never be as poor as Dangote.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by ogtavia(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
Na today..i am already sick of hearing this kind of news..it makes me sad..ordinarily one should be happy..i mean,if under ideal circumstances,such an amount of money is raised for victims of natural disasters with making lives better for the victims as the prime target,one should be happy..but sadly it isnt,the fingers of some people will be itching to lay their hands on the money and make sure it doesnt achieve its purpose..if in this country,one man somewhere could sit on 32bn pension fund using it for his benefit and everyday,deaths of pensioners caused by sickness,poverty due to the non payment of this money and maybe,even the passing away of these pensioners waiting on long queues for a money that will never come..and this man reads and hears all these things is not touched at all and in the end nothing is done to him...what is 11bn then,i just hope for the sake of the victims,God will put his fear and love in the hearts and minds of all those in charge of the utilization of this money..
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Techwriter: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
Nice move. Though if you ask for my opinion, I'd not be quick to call him a philantropist for donating big in a rare occurrence when he can actually do more in building schools, hospitals, and helping our power sector. I hope we know who is involved? He holds the title as the Richest man in Africa.

Oga Dangote, you are doing well employing people to work and make a living; but you are rich enough to to empower invention and other projects that move us from 3rd World to first World. Talk of creating an enabling environment for sustainable development or smtn like empowering youths to fish not donating fish
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Wislet(f): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
yuzedo: By the way, what does it say when one man donates as much as one country?
#Boss! cool

..... I wish dad (Dangote) will finally come and claim my paternity.. I miss him! cry
LOL
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Novice1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
how much of that figure will go to the real victims?
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by Smartiegurl(f): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ranks007:

For where?!!!
nawa oo, pple wil see it as a contract u knw.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by chriswely: 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
According to UN, Nigeria needs $38M, which translate to 6 Billion Naira. Dangote's committee raised 11 Billion Naira, about twice the required amount. Hope the remaining 5 Billion Naira won't disappear in thin air.

www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=43454&Cr=nigeria&Cr1=
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by sundaybam(m): 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Make dem no chop the money o. I dey fear all this satisfied lion way still dey chop food.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by yohannazack(m): 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
Good move at useless direction. Where are the flood victims now? I am one of them, has d president askd d flood ravaged state governors of wat dey hav done wit d 100s of millions given to dem? If they raise money against 2015 elections, dey shuld tell us. Becus, nobody has givn me kobo as im talkin to you. The question is, where were they frm august to october when the flood was serious? Gej shuld go wit d money and never to com back in 2015
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by clemhova: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2012
JomoGbomo2: On this issue that International and Local Oil Companies did not make any donations, That is not correct, most of those companies made significant donations through NEMA and you dont expect them to double dip for the same cause.
Or they probably dont have confident in the medium of collection. What do u think? They would rather go through red cross or better go to the camp themselves.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by BeraBera(f): 12:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
Something is telling me that some of the donors may want to recoup their donations through contracts that FG would award them.
There's need for people to be giving alms sacrificially and not expect material things in return.
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by thrugemaster(m): 3:51am On Nov 11, 2012
this is like receiving peanuts from d pple who re milking you dry i.e unknown to u, i stole a million naira from u, and in d next morning, i dash u N10,000....what a political KPAKPANWANDA
Re: Dangote's Committee Raises N11bn For Flood Victims by patwhizzy(m): 6:57am On Nov 11, 2012
What are the celebrities doing....so dem no fit donate upon dier millions weh dem take dey buy house n carz..na wa oO cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC In Questionable Egina FPSO Award To Samsung / Nasarawa Took N28bn Bank Loans In Five Years –NLC / FG To Borrow N110bn Via Bond Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.