Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,376 members, 7,947,611 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana (10857 Views)

Legalise Marijuana, Seun Kuti Tells African Leaders / Uruguay Becomes The First Country To Legalise Marijuana Production / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by babaowo: 1:24am On Nov 11, 2012
Colorado state house in USA are in debate about to legalise marijuana, 1 because of economical boost. 2, because of it medicinal , that's advantages of it.... honestly d tin get its own spirit no be lai!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by promkingzz(m): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2012
candieangel12: Most of our politicians and presidents in the US have admitted to using cannabis at some point during their lives. They haven't gone mad. Lol many people smoke weed and maintain a perfectly normal life. There are just some dumb people who misuse cannabis that end up addicts causing their lives to derail. Too much of anything is bad, not only weed.
I swear I'm dieing with like for u. Hw many ladies admit to love for kush? I smk only on weekends too tho, smoking on a weekday's like tellin maself "oh what a holiday"! Lol
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 6:25am On Nov 11, 2012
promkingzz:
I swear I'm dieing with like for u. Hw many ladies admit to love for kush? I smk only on weekends too tho, smoking on a weekday's like tellin maself "oh what a holiday"! Lol

LOL thanks, haha but on a more serious note, it sucks the way people are making weed out to be bad. Its not like they are trying to make cocaine or heroin legal, if that was the case then I would be the first person against legalizing it because those drugs are VERY bad. Cigarettes are legal but they are more toxic than weed, I recently quit smoking cigarettes because of its harmful side effects. Weed on the other hand is good for the soul lol.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by lightheart(m): 6:28am On Nov 11, 2012
igbo n'agba kwa madu ara....igbo igbo

Gbokashiaaaa the brain, nwanne.

Infact, na d igbo smoking creatives I wan emploi for my Ad agency. Shikena!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by ColTowas: 6:44am On Nov 11, 2012
Seun My dear u r 100% right. A brand of powdered milk was produced in South Africa with marijuana as d major condiment, which helps 2 boost d hunger in some patients lik d HIV patients so dey can eat vry well as needed by dea systems.
Our politicians only learn & adopt d white mans' ideas that r detriment 4 d health of Our gr8 country. It is high tym We abandon d white mans' culture 4 Ours, after-all, Ours is best.
Seun, I cnt wait 2 be ur Campaign Manager both on d legalization of "Marijuana" in d country (& continent), as well as on any political office u will wish 2 contest.
GOD Bless U! GOD Bless Towas! GOD Bless 9jeria (& Africa too)!!!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2012
Col Towas: Seun My dear u r 100% right. A brand of powdered milk was produced in South Africa with marijuana as d major condiment, which helps 2 boost d hunger in some patients lik d HIV patients so dey can eat vry well as needed by dea systems.
Our politicians only learn & adopt d white mans' ideas that r detriment 4 d health of Our gr8 country. It is high tym We abandon d white mans' culture 4 Ours, after-all, Ours is best.
Seun, I cnt wait 2 be ur Campaign Manager both on d legalization of "Marijuana" in d country (& continent), as well as on any political office u will wish 2 contest.
GOD Bless U! GOD Bless Towas! GOD Bless 9jeria (& Africa too)!!!

No one's denying the medicinal value of this substance. But the question we need to ask ourselve is, do the benefits outweigh the risks? In other words, is it worth it? Many of marijuana's medicinal functions can easily be performed by other much less harmful drugs. For example Vitamin Bcomplex can easily take care of this poor appetite in AIDS patients.
As studies have shown that Marijuana can effectively treat neuropathic pain, improve appetite and reduce nausea in cancer and AIDS patients, so also have various other studies shown the harmful effects.
This substance is well known to be associated with long term psychiatric problems such as depression, anxiety and psychosis. Not to mention several other conditions as amnesia (memory loss), cancers of various organs in the body (&even in the unborn child), and addiction.
So for those weekend/holiday smokers in the house, just ensure that u now what u're doing. A word's enough for the wise...
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by promkingzz(m): 9:57am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

LOL thanks, haha but on a more serious note, it sucks the way people are making weed out to be bad. Its not like they are trying to make cocaine or heroin legal, if that was the case then I would be the first person against legalizing it because those drugs are VERY bad. Cigarettes are legal but they are more toxic than weed, I recently quit smoking cigarettes because of its harmful side effects. Weed on the other hand is good for the soul lol.
Abi o! Smh>>>me self, its been a while I quit cigarettes too and to tell u d truth; I'm loving the absebce of those sticks in my life! It wuz eating me up, dat thing is so harzardous and d human body dey try sha. Now I can do much longer time on everything dat used to make me gas-out in seconds.
bk to what's important joor, how 'bout u&i have a smoke filled weekend together sometym, huh? smiley

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by DonRandy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
This is one of the best things an African have ever said,
the question is why did God create the marijuana plant?
Why is it legal in Holland? Because they know its good
although i have never smoked, drunk or eaten some
before i keep wondering why this white men will go to
great length to study and grow this plant under light for
human consumption while in Africa it grows naturally
Holland is one of the most beautiful country's in Europe
The Government of Holland is really making money from
marijuana. People travel and come here to spend their
Pounds, Dollars and Euro’s.....Blackman have to wake up
and think. Its not every thing that the White man says is
right, Blacks were using this plant before the white men came
to Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangers Of Uncovered Roadside Food / Has Fibroid At The Age Of 29 / My Troubling Health Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.